Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Interview with Eileen Davidson
Topic Started: May 31 2013, 03:03 PM (3,955 Views)
thepadange

lysie
May 31 2013, 04:08 PM
Mitchapalooza
May 31 2013, 04:00 PM
So Lysie...is she gonna stick around you think?
Idk. She sounded happy but for all I know, she's already gone.

Nice interview. Thank you.
Edited by thepadange, Jun 8 2013, 02:23 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Is ED gone from DAYS? I thought she was staying until 2014?

lysie
Member Avatar

Why do you think she's gone?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

lysie
Mitchapalooza
I was thinking that this may cause some to wonder if she's staying or not..... :shrug:

Graceland
Member Avatar

Eileen can take crap and turn it into gold. I'm sure she performs what is written by the staff in a way that they hadn't even considered before. You can tell. There's so many nuances to Kristen that no writer or director could micromanage all of it. It obviously comes straight from Eileen. Her timing is impeccable, and I do think "Days" has stretched her as an actress. The amount of emotions she has to show from episode to episode would probably translate into years for another character on another show. She's worth every damn penny!

nightfan

lysie
Mitchapalooza
I wouldn't want to pile on to the speculation (God knows we need her at Days), but the thing that gave me pause was when she said "At this point..." she didn't see Susan coming back. Using terms like that could suggest being out of the studio or knowing her time is coming to an end. Hopefully not, of course. (If you're reading this, ED, we do need you on this show. You rock. I would gladly watch Days every day just to see Marlena and Kristen fight with each other, even if there was no supporting story and we just had to watch them go round and round every day.)

chinkybig

I personally feel and think that Days should let go of some people who have been uselessly overexposed in the canvas for far too long to ease up the budget so that they can pay people like Eileen more to entice her to stay in Salem; as well as not to have to let go of actors who have been in the canvas for a long time but DO NOT get the respect that they so rightfully deserve, and also maybe for Eileen to be able to play multiple roles again (like Susan).

Will&Sonny

nightfan
May 31 2013, 11:42 PM
lysie
Mitchapalooza
I wouldn't want to pile on to the speculation (God knows we need her at Days), but the thing that gave me pause was when she said "At this point..." she didn't see Susan coming back. Using terms like that could suggest being out of the studio or knowing her time is coming to an end. Hopefully not, of course. (If you're reading this, ED, we do need you on this show. You rock. I would gladly watch Days every day just to see Marlena and Kristen fight with each other, even if there was no supporting story and we just had to watch them go round and round every day.)
I didn't get that at all from that comment. I think she just meant that at the point that she's currently at in her story (which is, as we all know, months ahead of what we're currently seeing on-air), and given what she knows about what she will be shooting in the upcoming weeks, there's nothing that would indicate that Susan will be making an appearance any time soon. She obviously can't predict the future and doesn't want to swear that Susan will definitely never return (never say never and all of that), but at this point, she has no reason to believe that will happen.

I don't think that it was meant to be read as a statement of finality -- e.g., "At this point, I don't think that Susan will be returning, since I'll soon be leaving the show anyway."
Edited by Will&Sonny, May 31 2013, 11:54 PM.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

lysie
May 31 2013, 09:25 PM
Why do you think she's gone?
Just speculating.

am103
Member Avatar

I doubt Eileen is gone. Her return has gotten a lot of attention in soap-land. Kristen is a fan-favorite and she gets fans fired up. I'm sure Days is going to want to keep her for as long as they can. I, for one, do not mind. Eileen Davidson is a gem and a real catch for Days and I hope to see Kristen on my screen for as long as Days is still on.

Graceland
Member Avatar

I think what she meant that at this point, it's obvious that the writers aren't going to go there bringing Susan back into the fold. She's probably not holding at hope at this point. I will say one thing, Eileen absolutely wanted to do Susan again. If they wanted her to do it, I'm sure she'd jump at the opportunity.

She just did a Soaps.com interview.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/daysofourlives/news/id/33513/

She's obviously not going anywhere. It makes me laugh when they have to play stupid like they don't know what's coming next. The show shoots four months in advance. Pretty soon, Eileen will know what Kristen's Christmas is going to consist of. lol. Many of the cast understandably forget what it is that we're currently seeing and what happens because it's so far back when they filmed it, and they film so much in such a short span of time. I wonder if any of them make notes for themselves so that when they're interviewed, they can remember what it is that people are referring to that's currently airing on the show.

I can't believe that Eileen is able to not to leak out these great scenes ahead of time. She said that she's loving the scenes they're currently doing now. They must be great!

It seems that Kristen has gotten a lot of new fans after this week. I think they showed every aspect of the character in just one scene (that aired over a few days). You see how entering, and how multi-layered she is. That makes for good storytelling and television!

One Big Beef: Why no new photos of Eileen??! I think we got a total of five, and one had Eric Martsolf in it! IMHO, the only great shot was the 'red dress'. They're having to reuse the one photo of her in the turquoise top for magazine covers. The rest of the cast keeps getting official character photo shoots booked. Eileen is still MIA... and not for anything, she is the most photogenic woman around. I'm sure she's a dream for photographers.

Will&Sonny

Graceland
Jun 1 2013, 01:24 AM
I will say one thing, Eileen absolutely wanted to do Susan again. If they wanted her to do it, I'm sure she'd jump at the opportunity.
Just out of curiosity, what makes you say that? I never got that impression -- in her interviews, it always seemed to me (and this Daytime Royalty interview even kind of reinforced this, with that comment about how Susan overpowered everything during Eileen's initial run) that she didn't want Susan (or any of the other characters) to return and was more than content to focus solely on Kristen. But I could be wrong. :shrug:

Will&Sonny

On a related note, something just occurred to me. Eileen has said on more than one occasion (including in this interview) that Susan doesn't really fit in the current show. The general assumption seems to be that she's referring to the belief that there isn't really room for a kooky character in Salem right now. While this could be the case, I wonder if it's really about the taping schedule that they use these days. They might not have time to constantly go back and forth with all of those extra costume and makeup changes, especially if Susan and Kristen were sharing scenes together on a regular basis. I can't think of anything similar that they've done since switching to the new schedule -- Rafe and fake Rafe's appearances were identical, so when they needed Galen Gering to switch from one character to another, it was only a matter of a simple wardrobe change. The same is true for Hope and Princess Gina (the blonde streak barely counts as a unique appearance) and John and the Pawn. Eileen's characters all looked completely different, though.

:shrug: Eh, just a thought. It's probably off-base, and maybe I'm overestimating the time that it took for Eileen to transition from one character to another, but I could see how bringing Susan back could actually slow production down.

nightfan

Graceland
Jun 1 2013, 01:24 AM
I think what she meant that at this point, it's obvious that the writers aren't going to go there bringing Susan back into the fold. She's probably not holding at hope at this point. I will say one thing, Eileen absolutely wanted to do Susan again. If they wanted her to do it, I'm sure she'd jump at the opportunity.

She just did a Soaps.com interview.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/daysofourlives/news/id/33513/

She's obviously not going anywhere. It makes me laugh when they have to play stupid like they don't know what's coming next. The show shoots four months in advance. Pretty soon, Eileen will know what Kristen's Christmas is going to consist of. lol. Many of the cast understandably forget what it is that we're currently seeing and what happens because it's so far back when they filmed it, and they film so much in such a short span of time. I wonder if any of them make notes for themselves so that when they're interviewed, they can remember what it is that people are referring to that's currently airing on the show.

I can't believe that Eileen is able to not to leak out these great scenes ahead of time. She said that she's loving the scenes they're currently doing now. They must be great!

It seems that Kristen has gotten a lot of new fans after this week. I think they showed every aspect of the character in just one scene (that aired over a few days). You see how entering, and how multi-layered she is. That makes for good storytelling and television!

One Big Beef: Why no new photos of Eileen??! I think we got a total of five, and one had Eric Martsolf in it! IMHO, the only great shot was the 'red dress'. They're having to reuse the one photo of her in the turquoise top for magazine covers. The rest of the cast keeps getting official character photo shoots booked. Eileen is still MIA... and not for anything, she is the most photogenic woman around. I'm sure she's a dream for photographers.
Thank you for posting this about the second interview.
The sheknows interview gives me hope that she's sticking around. And she sounds like she's having fun and appreciates that the show is still using her a lot!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

This is a great interview lysie! Thanks for posting.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Really enjoyed reading this.

Thanks for continuing to provide us with great interviews!

jam6242
Member Avatar

chinkybig
May 31 2013, 11:51 PM
I personally feel and think that Days should let go of some people who have been uselessly overexposed in the canvas for far too long to ease up the budget so that they can pay people like Eileen more to entice her to stay in Salem; as well as not to have to let go of actors who have been in the canvas for a long time but DO NOT get the respect that they so rightfully deserve, and also maybe for Eileen to be able to play multiple roles again (like Susan).
She's one of the people who has been overexposed to me though. It would be even worse for me if she played multiple roles again. And I don't really dislike her but I don't like her either.

ShaneDOOLFan

I didnt get any indication from this interview that she sounded as if she was leaving the show. If Eileen were leaving we would be hearing about it, considering she is coming upon a year taping next month (assuming she signed only a year contract) They are taping mid to late September right now.

Blake Berris only signed a 6 month contract with a year extension, and he is already taping over a year in episodes. I doubt she is going anywhere. Im hoping the ratings go up for sweeps, which will make TPTB even more adamant on keeping Blake and Eileen.
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Jun 1 2013, 01:32 PM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Great interview! My favorite part was her reaction to John's motivation, or lack thereof, for "sleeping with Kristen to save Brady" and how it's all plot-driven.

IIttu
Member Avatar

A lovely interview, thank you! I just adore Eileen. I cannot wait for more Kristen + Marlena scenes :> And the comment on the stupidy of John's plan only made me love Eileen more lol..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply