Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother 15: Discussion Thread
Topic Started: May 31 2013, 09:32 PM (12,870 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Big Brother 15: Discussion Thread

For those unfamiliar with the show, here's the premise:

A group of diverse strangers move into a house outfitted with hundreds of cameras and microphones and they are completely cut off from the outside world. No TV, no internet, no telephones, no books, no newspapers or magazines. Complete isolation. For three months, they live inside the Big Brother house, being watched by the viewing public via the live internet feeds. (Live feed updates are posted in the live feeds thread.)

Each week, they participate in a series of competitions to win food, luxuries and power -- the most important power being "Head of Household." The person who wins Head of Household (HoH) is automatically ensured safety for a week, but they must nominate two of their fellow housemates for eviction. Following the nominations, the houseguests vote LIVE to evict one of the two nominees. This happens every week for three months, and the last man standing wins $500,000.

Big Brother 15 premieres June 26th on CBS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
elizhope
Member Avatar

Ive seen some of the interviews. They are all being very apologetic about the things said. All the houseguests (including Candace) defended Aaryn. Aaryn had 3 PR reps walking around with her, prepping her for interviews. The one I watched this morning Aaryn confirms she is no longer with her previous modeling agency, but and I quote " they werent a very good agency anyways and I have 6 meetings lined up for tomorrow with 6 new agencies here" lol

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

My favorite interview was Amanda. She claimed she was "not a bully, but a strong woman." :blulaugh: Pffttt.

Strong women don't hide and cry when they lose competitions. Strong women don't cry when they lose a fight that they started in the first place.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Elissa winning the 25,000 when she is already a millionaire (something all of them already know)...LOL...sweet small crumb of justice for the viewing audience. The fact that none of the Final 4 made the Top 3 favorites was just awesome.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Funny GM & Nick tidbit. Nick thought she was going to win by 5-4 vote. They are going on a date to a monster truck show. I guess 50,000 would make someone abit more attractive LOL

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I was actually kinda rooting for Andy all season & I'm happy that he's the one who won.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

So glad Elissa won the $25,000. She deserved it after all the bullshit. A clear favourite this season

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Meh, I'm just glad that GM didn't win, although I wasn't rooting for any of them.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Ha Andy trying to do damage control on twitter on his comments. He should have never deny he made comments in the first place. We all watch the live feeds and have transcripts buddy. Not just him but this goes for most of the cast too during the interviews with Jeff last night they all deny it and said their "comments were taken out of context." No they weren't. Just admit you did it and apologize and learn from it.
Edited by guessgirl, Sep 19 2013, 02:22 PM.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Do I look like I give a bluedilly fuck?!

Okay, where is the after-party gossip that's usually done after the finale? Can't find it anywhere else.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Andy backtracking is hilarious...does he not know his words are saved for all to see forever? They can never be disputed!

Same goes for all of the other trash bags in that house.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Mitchapalooza
Sep 19 2013, 03:14 PM
Same goes for all of the other trash bags in that house.
I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that line. :blulaugh:

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Living in a house with strangers for 90 days who wouldn't say at least something offensive. Just the mindset with no outside contact would drive me crazy.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kirk
Sep 19 2013, 10:56 PM
Living in a house with strangers for 90 days who wouldn't say at least something offensive. Just the mindset with no outside contact would drive me crazy.
Valid. But I doubt most of us would, for example, whisper to others about "n---r insurance." 'Specially since the whispering is a sign that you know what you're saying is inappropriate. I'm not sure we'd call someone's kid a Spanish/Puerto Rican dirt bucket, either.

Mostly though, I'd hope that with the offensive shit we say we'd be far more creative. Certain kinds of jabs are kinda lazy, imho.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Ugh. I can't deal with these shit-heads.

-Amanda claimed all her racial jokes were taken out of context.
-Spencer claimed the same.
-Andy basically said it's ok that Spencer called him a fag because he didn't mean it maliciously.
-Aaryn got an attitude with Michael Yo (from E!) when he broke the news that she was fired from her agency. And claimed she didn't believe it. Then a few minutes later, she told Jeff Schroeder that she was on the rocks with that agency anyways and already had meetings lined up with 6 different agencies. (Ummm, how do you schedule meetings in Jury House?)
-And of course GM just rambled about how she was her, and she was GinaMarie, and if they didn't like the best version of her that she could be, then she was GinaMarie.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Aaryn was told about being fired in the jury house.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Actor87
Sep 20 2013, 06:50 AM
-And of course GM just rambled about how she was her, and she was GinaMarie, and if they didn't like the best version of her that she could be, then she was GinaMarie.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's why she said she should win the game too- because she's GinaMarie. Talk about ad nauseum.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

I didn't think Aaryn was told about it in jury. At least not according to this video.

Edited by guessgirl, Sep 20 2013, 01:06 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I meant to share this yesterday (and may have...if it's a repeat, sorry, I'm not seeing it.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/138603_Big_Brother_15_Finale_Interview_Aaryn_Gries_GinaMarie/index.html?page=Mg==&itmCnt=Mw==

If you scroll through you can see interviews with the entire jury. Candice is kind of awesome. I also love GinaMarie blaming hip hop music, and I sort of think she has a point in that it becomes confusing for people why a word is offensive and simultaneously used frequently. But, I tend to associate use of that word with ignorance in general (as in when I hear it, I immediately think the person speaking is an idiot).
Edited by px780, Sep 20 2013, 02:31 PM.

Alin89
Member Avatar

I think andy was more deserving too. GM really screwed up with her speaking. I just hope next season there is no more grodner and kass.

Tash
Member Avatar

I thought that I read somewhere that Drew from Season 5 came out. So Andy would have been the first openly gay man to win, but not the first one. But really, IDGAS what race or sexuality you are.

Wake up Aaryn! You have been dropped and so has GM. I wonder if there is any word on Spencer yet. He's in a union so it would be difficult to fire him outright, unless they have a morals clause. But that is just speculation on my part

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · CBS Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply