Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: June Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 1 2013, 02:08 PM (13,565 Views)
granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

JessicaLeigh
Jun 10 2013, 01:30 PM
GH has been so all-over-the-place since the Nurse's Ball that it's practically been making my head spin. That being said - three things I AM enjoying are a) Tracy, always, b) new-Lulu, c) Felix and Britt interacting in the apartment right now. Great dynamics and dialogue.

The rest...eh, let's just say it needs work.
Yep.

I'm not all caught up but I thought Emma was going to tell some hard truths to Gramma Anna about her male friend and his tutu.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Classic
Jun 11 2013, 01:02 PM
Sabrina is so girlish, I don't think she's ready for intimacy with Patrick....

EDIT: I'm surprised Sabrina was ready for sex with Patrick, however my opinion of her hasn't changed. She's just too girlish for him.

I think so too... plus I miss that bastard side of Patrick that never really went away when he was married to Robin.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

One of my big issues with Patrick/Sabrina, other than Sabrina being too girlish for him, is her domestication of Patrick. Granted as a single parent I don't want him being a bounder on the tabasco side, but he is a hot, brilliant neurosurgeon who was a player both back in the day and in his marriage with Robin (Lisa Niles ring any bells?). I sometimes get the same feeling watching Patrick as I do with Dante in that Ron doesn't have a good handle on their characters. Again I don't want Emma exposed to any crazy girlfriends but he and Sabrina are not on the same level. Instead of dating a nurse it would be interesting to see him with either another beautiful vibrant doctor like Robin or a highly successful business woman/cop. Someone like Hope Williams Brady on Days of Our Lives (sorry but with Bo gone from Salem this crossover fantasy just popped in to my head).

natdot99
Member Avatar

If the prom was cancelled, why is everyone dressed up, :wtf:
Seriously when did Molly become Alexis and Rafe parent, i just wanted to put a sock in her mouth.
Taylor was right the prom is cancelled so why not go out to another venue.
Morgan has the IQ of a banana.
Really Alexis, you had no problem with Sonny in which you gave birth to his child, defended Jason on numerous times, now has a problem with Shawn. Can we say double standard, Alexis. :toetap:
Edited by natdot99, Jun 14 2013, 02:17 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

It was nice Alice was onscreen today.
Alexis is being hypocritical. She's so judgmental of Shawn, however she accepts Sonny is a mobster.
@natdot99: Amen. I love Sonny Corinthos, however Alexis is wrong.
Edited by bellajewel, Jun 14 2013, 02:27 PM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jun 14 2013, 07:49 AM
One of my big issues with Patrick/Sabrina, other than Sabrina being too girlish for him, is her domestication of Patrick. Granted as a single parent I don't want him being a bounder on the tabasco side, but he is a hot, brilliant neurosurgeon who was a player both back in the day and in his marriage with Robin (Lisa Niles ring any bells?). I sometimes get the same feeling watching Patrick as I do with Dante in that Ron doesn't have a good handle on their characters. Again I don't want Emma exposed to any crazy girlfriends but he and Sabrina are not on the same level. Instead of dating a nurse it would be interesting to see him with either another beautiful vibrant doctor like Robin or a highly successful business woman/cop. Someone like Hope Williams Brady on Days of Our Lives (sorry but with Bo gone from Salem this crossover fantasy just popped in to my head).
I agree too, although I don't mind Patrick dating someone cute and sweet as long as we see his personality in the relationship as well. I think they were trying to show the self-destructive thing with his pill addiction but that was a miss, and since then they've dropped it.

I think the Morgan actor is a drip, too.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Quote:

as long as we see his personality in the relationship as well.

This. right. here.

Quote:

I think the Morgan actor is a drip, too.

The Morgan actor is cute, not a bad actor at all.
Edited by bellajewel, Jun 14 2013, 02:41 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

I don't have an issue with the guy playing Morgan either. He's better than that actress playing Molly.

Nate
Member Avatar

LPS
Jun 14 2013, 02:42 PM
I don't have an issue with the guy playing Morgan either. He's better than that actress playing Molly.
The actress playing her is 15...

LPS
Member Avatar

Nate
Jun 14 2013, 03:09 PM
LPS
Jun 14 2013, 02:42 PM
The actress playing her is 15...
And???

Cassie from YR could recite her dialogue without sounding sing songish. Jennifer Lawrence was a wonderful actress as a teen.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

I get where yall are coming from, but ur making it sound like nurses are so much more inferior to doctors. thats kinda...rude. well, in the real world, its rude :laugh: I like the innocence of the character, but i donít like naivety of her. im hoping the writers give her more of a spine soon. but anyway. i dont mind Patrick and Sabrina together because im a sappy romantic. i can tolerate just about any couple. but im also not that invested in them because i already know its not gonna last. we knew that before Sabrina even came to Port Charles. Robin is gonna come back as soon as Kim decides she wants her job back. I dont see the harm in just letting it play out. thats the whole point of fiction.

As far as his personality with Sabrina, i think that has more to do with the fact that he "lost" the love of his life. that kinda pain changes a person. I never once expected him to go back to the player he was before Robin or the arrogant jerk he sometimes was with her. especially when his actions can directly affect his daughter. even back when Britt was throwing herself at him, he didnt pounce. that shower scene was him being cornered IMO. The trollop lol

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

jeez that was a mouthful ok on to todays episode:

The fact that these idiots cant connect the Kiki dots is just... ugh! Buy a clue, phone a friend. something! Kristen and Roger still play very well off each other tho. I dont have an opinion on the actor that plays Morgan other than the pics he posts on Twitter are hot. lawd...

What is it with the writers and AJs weight? have yall noticed they take little shots at it every now and then? lol

LuNacy might be the most accurate ship name ever! these two. i just love them

I liked Mollys dress. Its my favorite color. I feel like they didnt wanna do a Prom after all that went into the Nurses Ball. If you've ever seen a One Life To Live prom, then you'll know what i mean

Taylor, girl.... i wanted to like you. but now i wanna kick u in the knees

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

I would like to see Patrick with Sam. Both Patrick and Sam are now single parents who lost the loves of their life. They can bond over that.
JT and KM had some chemistry in their scenes last week. :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Taylor is a spoiled brat.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Part of my issue with the Franco recast has to do with the fact I am way the hell on overload on people coming back from the dead on this show. Granted it is great having Duke and AJ back on canvas (particularly AJ's return has opened up a lot of story line possibilities) but their returns combined with Robin's not-really-dead status is just too much.

I'll admit I have a pet peeve with soaps in general for their tendency of bringing people back from the dead. It is done WAY too much and lessens the impact of deaths and losses on these shows. I think the actor who played Stone mentioned in an interview once how he wouldn't come back from the dead because it would cheapen the Stone-Robin-AIDS story and deprive it of a lot of its meaning. Of course, no soap is a worse offender of this IMO than Days.

LPS
Member Avatar

Quote:

Of course, no soap is a worse offender of this IMO than Days.

Y&R had over seven back from the dead storylines in two or three years.

Not Amused
Member Avatar

I'm really not feeling GH right now.

Kenny
Member Avatar

The 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards air tonight at 8:00 PM/ET on HLN.

Please join us in our live viewing thread to discuss the show!

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8821831/1/

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

LPS
Jun 15 2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:

Of course, no soap is a worse offender of this IMO than Days.

Y&R had over seven back from the dead storylines in two or three years.
Didn't know about that as I don't watch Y&R but I was thinking a lot about the Salem Serial Killer/Melaswen clusterfuck when 6 or 7 main characters were "victims" and thought to be dead only to be revealed alive on an island through some kind of wild rabbit hole under the Salem Cemetery. They also have at various times brought back the characters of Roman, Marlena, Steve/Patch and Hope through DiMera manipulations and of course Stefano isn't called The Phoenix for nothing. But I'm sure it felt like overkill on Y&R when they had all those people dying then coming back in a short span of time.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Felix's sister has an ego the size of Mars.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply