Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
DR wants to know...; Favorite Lucas moments
Topic Started: Jun 1 2013, 03:29 PM (5,592 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Back in April, Bryan Datillo celebrated 20 years as Lucas. We want to know your favorite Lucas moments. You have until June 10th to contribute. Remember, we're making a countdown, so the more "votes" a scene gets, the more likely that it will appear on our final list. Make sure you provide enough context that we can figure out which scene you're talking about. You can post your favorites in this thread, pm them to me, or tweet them to the DR account.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Lucas and Sami in the evidence room a few months ago. Bryan and Ali have great comedic timing.
Edited by AFaithL, Jun 1 2013, 03:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

I am not a huge Lucas fan, but I think Bryan D. is the bee's knees. I feel like the man gets no love from Corday and Co. Thank you, admins, for doing this.

One vote for when Lucas realized he was Will's father at Sami and Austin's wedding in 1997. The hurt that Bryan in Lucas' disbelief at seeing that DNA test broke my heart, esp how he says, "I'm Will's father?" It never occurred to Lucas that Sami could conspire against him.

One vote for when Will came out to Lumi and the quiet, honest convo they had after Sami jetted to be counseled by EJ (WTF?) Bryan does understated really well.

One vote for Lucas finding out Cassie was his half sis after making out with her. Sami is going to town on a turkey for Thanksgiving, and all he wants to do is puke. Great humor.

I will try to remember to link to video later.
Edited by nickyj12345, Jun 1 2013, 03:55 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

When he put Tom's picture on Alice's at her gravesite. And I like when he tells Kate he's disowning her again.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jun 1 2013, 03:43 PM
When he put Tom's picture on Alice's at her gravesite. And I like when he tells Kate he's disowning her again.
I don't know if this is the same scene you're talking about since I feel like we've seen that at least half a dozen times, but it would also probably be mine as well.

Offline Profile Goto Top

waterlilly
Member Avatar

I also vote for he and Sami in the evidence room, and any time he is giving Sami hell and any time he has his shirt off :wub2: :wub2:
Online Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 1 2013, 03:56 PM
jam6242
Jun 1 2013, 03:43 PM
I don't know if this is the same scene you're talking about since I feel like we've seen that at least half a dozen times, but it would also probably be mine as well.

Yeah, it's happened so many times but this is a good one!
Online Profile Goto Top

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Lucas and Sami's first time. Youtube
Online Profile Goto Top

confusedbyitall
Member Avatar

All of them! :wub2: :$

Wish I could pick just one, but I can't.
Edited by confusedbyitall, Jun 1 2013, 06:18 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Lucas pleads with comatose Sami not to die

Damn it! I cannot figure out how to embed a youtube video. :shrug: Help?
Edited by aimees76, Jun 1 2013, 06:34 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

I don't know...maybe the one where he and Sami were trying to teach a young Will how to dance? I've always liked that one. There are the scenes surrounding Alice's death. Bryan was gold in those. Just gold.

I always love Lucas's honesty. No matter how he feels, he reveals it. He doesn't play games much. He's not too into subterfuge. He's not always right, of course. No one is. But he does go for honesty nine times out of ten. And he's not too proud to admit when he's wrong. Unlike most of the characters on this show, who don't show a whole heck of a lot of character growth, Lucas does have moments where he's learning something. He changes. He grows. It doesn't even feel like it's just for storyline purposes. For him, it feels genuine.

I feel like most of the characters nowadays are stuck in place, never learning much from past behavior...just continuing to make the same mistakes over and over, never learning anything about themselves. Back in the day, EVERY character learned lessons about who they were...they taught each other things, and learned to understand each other and the world around them.

Lucas reminds me of that, because he's one of the few who does learn lessons, and undergoes changes. I really like that about him.

I would LOVE to see him get the girl for a change. I mean, really. Not Sami, because once she has him, she invariably discards him for EJ, and Lucas deserves better. I would love to see him find someone who's really into him. But knowing Tomlin's attitude about Lucas and how he should never get the girl, I don't think Lucas will ever be a winner in love.

Tomlin doesn't always have the pulse of the audience, does he? I think some of the things he's done are good, if he's responsible for Nick's story, for Ciara getting some personality and feeling angry for what's happening around her, for Johnny's behavior as a DiMera. I like that Justin and Adrienne are getting more involved.

So it's not all bad.

But he does neglect Lucas, who's well thought of in the audience, and he continues to force Daniel and Jennifer on us whether we like them as a pairing or not.

Offline Profile Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Lucas Hands Will Over to Sami
Offline Profile Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Lucas Confesses to Killing Franco to Save Sami From Execution
Offline Profile Goto Top

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Gosh, Lucas is one of my least favorite characters. I'm struggling to even think of anything that I really liked involving him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I loved his proposal to Sami when he sang "When a Man Loves a Woman". So sweet! Makes me long for the days when Lumi was the clear rooting couple!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I have many but ill have to take my time deciding on the top ones... I'll get back to this after the weekend
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

When Lucas beat the crap out of Alan after finding out about the rape. When he finds out aboutMickey's death.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laura B
Member Avatar

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITYqsfEZSfY

I have no idea if I linked the clip or not...sorry. If not it is from 10/11/06 - Lucas and Will were playing pranks on EJ and Sami's date. They had a smoke bomb go off and the sprinklers went on...EJ was shirtless and wet :wub: then he headed over to Sami's apartment and grabbed Lucas....actually I think I just like that one because EJ was shirtless and wet :wub:

Seriously, I would probably say the evidence room one with Sami from I think March. I liked his snarky one liners. I have never been a huge fan of Lucas, but I appreciate his relationship with Sami much more than Rafe and would prefer him, if one is needed in place of Rafe for EJ/Sami angst - he has better chemistry with both AS and JS.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

aimees76
Jun 1 2013, 06:43 PM
That was my favorite as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 1 2013, 07:13 PM
I have many but ill have to take my time deciding on the top ones... I'll get back to this after the weekend
You can have your own favorite but you have to vote for mine to.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic