|Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!|
For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.
|DR wants to know...; Favorite Lucas moments|
|Tweet Topic Started: Jun 1 2013, 03:29 PM (5,869 Views)|
|Harmony233||Jun 1 2013, 11:28 PM Post #41|
Def when Lucas was forced to hand over Will to sami
When he found out that Kate lied to him about who his father was
the reveal of bill Horton being his father
when he disowned Kate
when he proposed to sami by singing when a man loves a women
|aimees76||Jun 1 2013, 11:31 PM Post #42|
||Lucas & Maggie talk about Mickey's death/voice message :*(|
|Carly||Jun 1 2013, 11:51 PM Post #43|
My favorite Lucas scenes:
- Lucas and Sami break into the evidence room and get caught by Rafe. (There was some great comic timing and awesome banter in those scenes.) I also like the subsequent scenes where Lucas and Sami are chatting at the coffee shop as they discuss how their plan to steal the evidence went awry.
- Lucas learns he's Will's father. (I always saw this scene as a big turning point for Lucas. He and Sami had been best pals for years, and Lucas was shocked, horrified, and heartbroken that Sami had schemed to keep him from learning the truth. In addition, Lucas was dealing with the realization that he was a father and that his life would never be the same.)
- Lucas takes a teenaged Sami to the Spring Fling. (Lucas was wearing his military school uniform, and he had borrowed a Porsche to take Sami to the dance, and he had brought her a corsage. Really cute scenes!)
|DocandJohn4ever||Jun 2 2013, 12:15 AM Post #44|
Lucas finding out Will is his son
the home to me dance
the when a man loves a woman proposal
when Sami and Lucas made love for the first time
Lucas confessing to killing Franco to save Sami
basically everything on LLs list lol
the scene where Will came out and Lucas was there for him after Sami ran out
Lumi breaking into the police evidence room
Lucas' passion speech with him admitting he still has feelings for Sami and telling her she's the only one he wants to be with :wub2:
and the dammit kiss :wub2:
|daysmemories||Jun 2 2013, 02:44 AM Post #45|
I was told there was this great thread I could gush about Lucas. I have to say one of my favorite Lucas moments was when Lucas and Sami tried pro tecting Will from Horton the Tiger. Plus the Lumi clown car kiss was a super plus. Another fave was when he stood by Sami after their 2007 wedding when she told him about EJ raping her. He was so supportive and humble for all the times he doubted her. I also thought BD did a great job when Lucas gave up custody (forced to anyways) of Will. I always loved Lucas/Will scenes. That's why I was happy with last weeks scenes. We need more Lucas. The character has the gray characteristics and rooting factor than all of Days current leading men. Heck sometimes hes the only reason I tune in. I want him to get a new love interest worthy of him too.
|Partnersincrime||Jun 2 2013, 05:27 AM Post #46|
I have so many but here my top 5 that i think right now
Lucas confesses to killing Curtis Brown to save Kate,
Lucas confesses to Franco's killing and tries to stop Sami's execution:
Lucas gives custody of Will over to Sami 2001
home to me dance
when a man loves a woman proposal
|Partnersincrime||Jun 2 2013, 05:39 AM Post #47|
since i saw few moments mention without youtube link
so here some of them with youtube link
lucas and sami in evidance room
find out will is gay
lucas put Tom's picture on Alice's at her gravesite.
lucas return to salem 2012
find out that bill horton is his father
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jun 2 2013, 05:59 AM.
|Partnersincrime||Jun 2 2013, 05:53 AM Post #48|
lucas get on jennifer Nerves just because he tell her truth on daniel-2012
lucas find his mom lied about his father
the clowen car kiss
|elci525||Jun 2 2013, 06:04 AM Post #49|
LOL - oh no lysie, you are opening the floodgates.
OK - let me see. Invariably most of my fave Lucas moments will be tied up in Lumi as well (hope that's ok), but I will try to focus on why Lucas shines in those specifically.
First - LL, you are a goddess!! LOL rockin' top 15 - I want to give a vote to each of those moments as well, but highlight my personal faves among them, and some additional ones:
1) Lumi helicopter crash - the way Lucas poured his heart out to Sami despite the fact their being BITTER enemies at this point. A microcosm of early Lumi dynamic - capable of deep hate, masking deep love. But it's Lucas doing the heart-pouring - making it clear, at least to me, that he had feelings for Sami deeper than she did him at that point. Lucas telling Sami that she gave him the greatest gift with Will - so. much. awesome.
2) Lucas pleading with comatose Sami not to die after Austin ran her over. Twice (lol). Ah, what a moment. I was 13 or so when this was on, had been reeled into Days mainly because of the Sami/Lucas/Austin/Carrie quad story (it was sooooo compelling to middle-schooler-me), so everything to do with those 4 was must-see-TV for me. Esp. anything to do with Lucas and Sami scheming. But THIS was the first moment my ears perked up, I looked at Sami and Lucas in a slightly different way, and the Lumi obsessed shipper was born!! LOL - Lucas admitting feelings that I hadn't seen him share before, revealing that without Sami no one really understood him, saying they were the same, she and he, etc. This rather cadish, schemey character sharing such vulnerability - I gobbled it all up. And there was Kate, lurking in the background, her fear and disapproval over what was coming into being in that hospital room deliciously palpable.
3) Lucas standing by Sami at the green wedding, and then admitting mistakes he had made along the way in the relationship, that would lead Sami to feel the need to keep the rape a secret from him. Lumi was a rocky ride for sure, with Lucas having major insecurity- and history-fueled doubts along the way. It wasn't always pretty to watch, but I understood these were tests for the characters and for the relationship (all the best ones are complex and ever-so-wonderfully dysfunctional). So it really was such a profound moment for me to see Lucas 1) not care about anything Sami might have done - he was marrying her and loving her and that was that and 2) admit his wrongs. It really was so filled with pathos for me, and growth for Lucas, and a great moment for the show, to allow Lucas to acknowledge this past with Sami, and to show how all that history informed the current moment in which Lucas found himself. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE :wub2: :wub2:
4) The scenes (it was a 4-parter as LL points out) when Lucas has to hand Will over to Sami. Ugh. Broke. My. Heart. His scenes with Kate specifically were very, very good - also the one time I ever felt any warmth in my heart for Kate, as she lamented with her son and called Sami heartless (which, yeah, she was). And the utter destruction of a father, of a person BD conveyed - all so gripping, and very powerfully acted.
5) Lucas often brought the funny, one of my fave moments also being the french toast Lumi scene. Specifically when Sami asks him if the french toast is good, he can't even speak b/c the food is so horrendous, so he just kind of braces himself and gives an overly-enthusiastic thumbs up instead. Teehee :wub2:
6 and 7) The speech Lucas gives Sami after he and Will sabotage her date with EJ - I love this scene for two parts. 6) What he says to Sami not wanting to be with anyone else, being bored out of his mind with Carrie, being with Carrie to get over Sami, that they fight and love harder than anyone he knows, that it's good they drive each other so crazy, when he walks up behind her and whispers for Sami to tell him to his face she doesn't want to be with him - ughhh sooo freaking sexy. So that was all magic. But then we have; 7) the Lumi funny hour that immediately followed, when Will runs into the living room screaming that he knew his parents would fight and it never changes. To cover Sami makes it seem like they weren't fighting, but talking about going on a family picnic or family hike instead. LOL. I am paraphrasing: "What did you mean when you told dad to pack up?" "I meant that I read somewhere that families should take more picnics", etc. LOL. But what was really hysterical was watching Lucas's silent reactions as Sami was trying to cover, where he was trying to keep from cracking up and it was clear he and Will had planned this together. LOL. Oh Lucas (oh Bryan). To cap it off, Sami gives Lucas a little knowing smile as she leaves. Perfection.
8) When Sami is panting Will's room, she feels threatened by EJ when he barges in, EJ calls her a tease, Lucas comes in to stop what's happening, Sami says oh God Lucas, Alan also called me a tease (leading up to the rape), and Lucas says "I didn't think that then and I don't think that now" (or something like that). Loved it for the call-back to Sami's history, the call-back to Lumi's history as friends, and for it evidencing Lucas's support of Sami. And then Lucas pours paint over EJ - that was some nice icing.
9) Lumi proposals when Lucas sings (2005) and also 2007 proposal, when Lucas tells Sami he thought the stunt she pulled on Kate was great, that he never wants Sami to lose the fire inside her b/c that is why he loves her so very much, and then proceeds to say some other very wonderful things. Ah, the memories....... :wub2:
10) Lucas and Will moments. Recently, his quiet and understanding scenes with CM's Will when Will first came out to his parents and Sami ran away; his little speech to Will about the impact/profundity of being a father immediately after the Wabi baby reveal; and then his bedside talk/confession to Will just last week. We need more of these moments.
11) Reveal that Lucas was Will's father at Sami and Austin's wedding. I loved it for a few reasons, not the least of which was that Lucas figured it out on his own after reading the letter or blood results or whatever they were that proved Austin wasn't Will's father. But then also his hurt that Sami would actually lie to him, conspire against him, carry out her manipulations against him - ugh, heartbreaking. And it set-up the Lumi enemy years in a way that completely legitimated the bitterness - Lucas's feeling of betrayal in those scenes was palpable.
12) Lucas's and (Lumi's) introduction on the show in Cherish's dressing room.
13) Lucas confronting Kate for lying to him about his father.
14) Any time Lucas truth-told to Jennifer about Daniel, and Lucas just being generally anti-Fetch. Voice of reason that one is.
I am sure there are more, and I will very likely be posting again, but these will do for now. Thanks guys, for putting together this countdown to celebrate Bryan and Lucas's 20 years when the show itself has clearly had to interest to acknowledge this milestone.
Edited by elci525, Jun 3 2013, 10:08 AM.
|Partnersincrime||Jun 2 2013, 06:13 AM Post #50|
I taking everything in your list
|Partnersincrime||Jun 2 2013, 06:14 AM Post #51|
I taking everything in your list too
|Partnersincrime||Jun 2 2013, 06:44 AM Post #52|
my 2 favorite scenes in my shallow note which both great to watch without being shallow
the salty French Toast and lucas sleepless night with no voice sami
which also memo to days wardrobe department let men on dats wear like that again :wub2:
|Aliaron||Jun 2 2013, 07:26 AM Post #53|
I love Lucas and Nicole scenes. I love when they were hanging out. At the dimansion for the 4th of July. I also love this small scene where. He offers to help Nicole with her drinking problem.
|LucasHortonFan||Jun 2 2013, 08:19 AM Post #54|
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.
when Lucas came back this last time and told Sami he had taken a seriously wrong turn some where. When the real tests of the twins were shown as Lucas as the father of both babies.
The Lumi tickle fight when Lucas first came back this time.
|thegeneralswife||Jun 2 2013, 09:22 AM Post #55|
I don't really post here but I wanted to support Lucas
My favorite Lucas moment was when Lucas Became Sami's boss at the hospital
|Lumi_are_true_love||Jun 2 2013, 10:04 AM Post #56|
Most of my Lucas moments are Lumi,Alice,Kate,Will and Allie,Johnny and Sydney moments too along with Maggie and Julie also and a lot of these moments do include Sami since Sami has been a constant in Lucas life and always will be in Lucas life along with Kate as well.
My list contains a lot of Lumi moments where my list is the following I have a lot here and whats not to love when it comes to Lucas.
All of Lucas heroic moments saving Sami's life from Sal the guy with a scalpal,Alan,also from Horton the tiger with his quick thinking with the fireworks to scare the tiger off and get the tiger away from the cave and Sami also when he shielded Sami with his body when he thought the bomb was going to go off and also shielding Sami from the posionous gas in the brief case and Shielding Sami again in her apartment also when another moment I love is when Lucas gave a pregnant Sami who stopped breathing CPR bring her back to life again,Lucas stopping the forklift saving Sami's life,Lucas being their for the birth of the twins.
Other Lucas moments I love are him Shoving the wedding cake in Kate's face, him disowning Kate,Lucas estinguishing Kate and EJ with a fire estinguisher,Lucas spending the night when Sami wanted him to because Sami wanted to fall asleep in his arms and didn't want to sleep alone with her wanting Lucas to stay the night with her,Lucas at Sami's bedside after she woke up at the hospital with a book in his hand where he stayed their by her beside all night not wanting to leave her side ,Lucas I'm trying to be the man you deserve speech where Sami wanted Lucas to stay the night,The Irish wedding prayer at the Green wedding he recited which was really beautiful,Lucas dancing and busting a move,The food fight where he and Sami squared off with Will's teacher,Lucas and Sami backing cookies together and the flour fight,Did you Dream of this kiss,The mutal soulmate dream where Sami and Lucas had the same dream,I definately agree on the Lucas eating Sami's salty French Toast and his face was priceless when he did and he ate it all of it anyway and did it out of love for Sami aww,Lucas the romantic bring Sami breakfast in bed,making Sami an icecream sundae Lucas and Sami breaking the bed together and then doing it again a second time
Lucas scenes with Alice where Alice comforted him and also the scene where he kissed her hand these were really beautiful moments with both Alice and Lucas.
Lucas latest scenes with Will with their father and son talk when Will is holding Arianna,and Lucas smiling at his granddaughter
Lucas singing When a Man Loves A Woman,I agree on Lucas and Sami teaching Will how to Dance also. Lucas aranges a surprise for Sami and sets up a camping trip indoor with Allie,Johnny,and Sydney this moment is really adorable watching Lucas and all the kids together surprise Sami.
|counting_the_days||Jun 2 2013, 10:38 AM Post #57|
Been lurking here for months (love the site!) but had to come out of hiding to show my support for Lucas/BD. Here's hoping that someone at Days will get freaking clue and give the man a story!
I pretty much agree with all of the moments listed in this thread. I could probably go on forever since Lucas is my absolute fave, but I'll just list my top three:
3) Lucas stops Sami's execution.
2) Lumi's conversation after the green wedding when Lucas learns about the rape and that the baby might be EJ's.
1) Lucas handing Will over to Sami.
|Lumi_are_true_love||Jun 2 2013, 12:09 PM Post #58|
||I agree Lysie should have given us a top 100 or more of Lucas greatest moments over the last 20 years. I know we all have a lot and I have a lot more I would love to list I wish I could and again its hard to narrow it down to just 10 I also like a lot of Lucas and Jennifer's scenes together,Lucas and Billie's scenes together,and Lucas and Philip's scenes together as well,along with Lucas and Sonny as well and others as well with Lucas. I loved all the Lumi scenes over the years with Lucas and Sami expecially all of the scenes from 1993 to now also.|
|LucasHortonFan||Jun 2 2013, 12:34 PM Post #59|
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.
|One of my fav scenes with Lucas is when Sami had to tell him that Ej raped her and that he stood by her no matter what. Then even though one of the twins might not have been his, he still stood by her. Those are some of my fav Lucas times and what really made me a fan, is that no matter what Lucas has stood by Sami.|
|jewell||Jun 2 2013, 01:12 PM Post #60|
OK... was never a fan of what Kate or Lucas did to Sami - let me make that part clear right away - but OMG did I ever laugh at the idea of it. Lucas in Italy dressed in that surfer get-up. I don't know HOW Lauren and Bryan were able to keep a straight face during those scenes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=917KjFkfii8&feature=share&list=PLFEDEE55C31073458 He can pull of so many things.
Romance, Comedy, straight shooter, HEARTBREAKING scenes where you can go thru 2 boxes of tissues.
But that above link ... that was just Bry being willing to do anything ... KUDOS for bringing your A-GAME to every show for 20 yrs. xo
Edited by jewell, Jun 2 2013, 01:19 PM.
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|Go to Next Page|
|« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »|