Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
DR wants to know...; Favorite Lucas moments
Topic Started: Jun 1 2013, 03:29 PM (5,669 Views)
jewell

This is not a Lucas moment but a great Bryan Moment ... who remembers this interview...?

http://youtu.be/P0xGm7bG1J8?t=2m40s - Classic!! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Ohmgee I have that interview basically memorized. How wise is LR here? ;) And AS sounds especially Valley Girl in this interview.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

I Know i post it already i just wanted to have my top 10 in one post

Lucas confesses to killing Curtis Brown to save Kate,

Lucas confesses to Franco's killing and tries to stop Sami's execution:

Lucas gives custody of Will over to Sami 2001

home to me dance

when a man loves a woman proposal

the salty French Toast

lucas sleepless night with no voice sami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J92fjIj9BKk&list=PLfjitGwCaFmtFz6q8vR7lr6-6OQuHtoGm&index=50

helicopter crash

...Kate/Lucas at the Stan wedding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_vyudY-4XQ&feature=youtu.be&t=17m6s

Lucas putting Tom's picture next to Alice's at Alice's memorial (2010)

Online Profile Goto Top

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

thegeneralswife
Jun 2 2013, 09:22 AM
I don't really post here but I wanted to support Lucas

My favorite Lucas moment was when Lucas Became Sami's boss at the hospital
http://youtu.be/QraBxQIwa_s
Lots of great moments in this thread. Definitely this one! I was going to post this clip also, but you beat me to it. :cheers:

I love the various sides of Lucas - scheming, sarcastic, funny, kind, loving, vulnerable, brave, I could go on. But I, love, love, love this bratty, smirky side of him. It was one of the first times I saw him on screen, not having watched the show during his teenage years (only through clips later). This particular episode you linked is one that stands out in making me a Lucas fan.

One of the best bratty, smirky Lucas moments ever. :wub:
Edited by BigFat Irish Head, Jun 9 2013, 04:34 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

1.) Horton Foundation meeting day at the hospital: Lucas tells Sami he's now the boss, and messes with her before, during and after the meeting, driving her into an impotent rage. The ultimate bratty/smirky Lucas. One of my favorite Lucas episodes of all time. :wub:

2.) Lucas at the Blue Note, completely silent but full of overwhelming sadness and regret, remembering his relationship with Sami through the years, after she falls through the french doors at the Dimera mansion.

3.) Stan Wedding: Lucas with Kate and Sami after the reveal. Although I hated how the relationships were destroyed, I loved the drama and thought those scenes really showed how Bryan has grown as an actor - the betrayal, the heart-wrenching pain, the tears and the anger. Compare them to the scenes when he lost custody of Will to Sami, which were also heartbreaking . . . but you can see how Bryan's acting has continued to evolve.

4.) When Lucas and Carrie were married: Up on the roof confronting Austin and Carrie, then Carrie alone, for their cheating/betrayal. I love scenes whenever Lucas gives other characters a cold, hard dose of the ugly truth. This was one of the best. I especially enjoy these kinds of Lucas scenes because unlike some other characters, he's not a smug hypocrite. As an adult, he has grown into someone who readily recognizes his own mistakes and character flaws, and owns up to them.

5.) Lucas and Will sabotage Sami's date with EJ (limburger cheese, stink bomb and hooker). I know Lucas got flack from some fans for those scenes because he acted "immaturely" or whatever, but I ADORE bratty/smirky/scheming Lucas and thought that episode was incredibly fun and full of win.

6.) During Lucas and Sami's wedding reception: when Kate tries to sabotage it by revealing a security/police camera photo of EJ and Sami in the car, when EJ was on the run from John's shooting (and later held Sami at gunpoint to get through a police stop, followed by the rape.) Even though Lucas doesn't know the whole story yet, and Sami is panicking, thinking this could cause her to lose him forever, he trusts in her, tells her not to cry, and reaches out his hand to ask his wife to dance with him. :wub:

7.) After the Green wedding: upon learning EJ raped/blackmailed Sami into sex, harassed her for months afterwards, and she wasn't sure of the paternity of the twins, Lucas apologizes for his past mistakes and not helping Sami feel secure enough to completely trust in his love and tell him what happened from the beginning. It was heart wrenching and showed tremendous growth in Lucas's character.

8.) Lucas with Maggie after Mickey dies (Mickey's last text message accidentally deleted). Brief scenes, but the emotions were powerful and again showed Bryan's growth as an actor. Some men on this show show cry or show vulnerability well, revealing their pain/sadness in a believable way that touches the viewer, without being awkward or over the top. Some don't. Lucas has grown into one who does it very well.

9.) Salty French Toast

10.) Lucas with Will in the hospital, telling him how proud he is of his son, and that he's a better man than Lucas will ever be.

Edit: I missed Alice's funeral, so I'm looking forward to seeing those scenes including the moments with Lucas.

Edited by BigFat Irish Head, Jun 9 2013, 07:12 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

There is a scene of Lucas and Sami showering that I absolutely but I couldn't find it on you tube.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

^^^Here you go. Sexy scene of Lucas and Sami showering. Kate interrupts with cookies for Will who's at camp. Thinking that Lucas is with Manda, she taunts Sami and then Lucas walks out of Sami's shower to Kate's utter chagrin. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUK21_4fCIc&list=PLCA5E59734F071C82&index=69
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Lucas admits to Maggie that he's developing feelings for Sami and having romantic fantasies of her that are driving him to drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lGHCY7_OBQ&list=PLD9CC399275203871&index=39
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Reese
Jun 9 2013, 08:34 PM
Lucas admits to Maggie that he's developing feelings for Sami and having romantic fantasies of her that are driving him to drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lGHCY7_OBQ&list=PLD9CC399275203871&index=39
I love that scene!
Online Profile Goto Top

daysmemories
Member Avatar

Thanks for the clips guys. Those scenes are so classic.
Online Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

wow looking like those Lucas scenes are pretty popular, but who couldn't love Lucas?
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

My favorite Lucas moments of all time:

1. When he admits he has a drinking problem to Alice.

2. Lucas attempting to stay Sami's execution by admitting he killed Franco.

3. Lucas' reaction when Sami cut herself with the letter opener to keep the truth of her amnesia from Eric.

4. Lucas giving Will up to Sami (was this right before he went into a coma?)

5. Lucas confronting Sami about Will's paternity.

6. Lucas and Will the night he snuck into the mansion to see him against Sami's wishes.

7. Home to Me.

8. Lucas discovering Carrie's betrayal during that disasterous time they were married.

9. The scenes leading up to the 'damnit' kiss between Sami and Lucas.

10. The scenes where Lucas reveals he has married Nicole in the courtroom during custody battle.

Days used to be really good...these moments remind me of that. Sigh.
Edited by MericP, Jun 10 2013, 10:32 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

I keep re watching the clip of the Passion speech - honestly has to be some of my most fave 9 or so minutes in my personal Days-viewing history. Bryan is good playing both really sincere, earnest notes while not abandoning the jokester - perfect balance of character drama and humor. What Lucas says about his reasons for being with Carrie this second time, how he felt about Sami, how they are together, what he misses, etc. - all so good, and important points for his character to address/acknowledge in re: his relationship with Sami. It's really pretty effortless, the ebb and flow of emotion in that scene. And I have to say that AS/Sami is incredible playing off of it. When it looks like she might be going in for a kiss but pulls back at the last second and says "Wanna bet?" or when she says "Oh. My. God. Is there no way to dent your ego?" SO GOOD!!! And I hardly ever give props to AS for acting notes. Bah, so good! LOL And of course it's fabulous to see Lucas and Will working together, firmly in one corner. I have to say I've missed that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

^^^Great post. That scene is flawless.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

elci525
Jun 10 2013, 10:56 AM
I keep re watching the clip of the Passion speech - honestly has to be some of my most fave 9 or so minutes in my personal Days-viewing history. Bryan is good playing both really sincere, earnest notes while not abandoning the jokester - perfect balance of character drama and humor. What Lucas says about his reasons for being with Carrie this second time, how he felt about Sami, how they are together, what he misses, etc. - all so good, and important points for his character to address/acknowledge in re: his relationship with Sami. It's really pretty effortless, the ebb and flow of emotion in that scene. And I have to say that AS/Sami is incredible playing off of it. When it looks like she might be going in for a kiss but pulls back at the last second and says "Wanna bet?" or when she says "Oh. My. God. Is there no way to dent your ego?" SO GOOD!!! And I hardly ever give props to AS for acting notes. Bah, so good! LOL And of course it's fabulous to see Lucas and Will working together, firmly in one corner. I have to say I've missed that.
I've always loved angsty Lumi...and this just is a great scene all around....the acting was great..the story not so much...but I'm here to remember how amazing Lucas is and this proves it to me....Bryan rocked these scenes....I forgot how Lumi use to discuss stuff...what was the last time two characters did this much talking and discussed their future, what had just happened, etc....good stuff, hated the outcome but this scenes was good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAvalAurS2s
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic