Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the Week of May 20-24, 2013
Topic Started: Jun 2 2013, 09:40 AM (1,915 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

tomsawyer
Jun 3 2013, 10:42 AM
I think the impressive thing about Days' numbers is the gains toward the end of the week, indicating the on-screen stories actually got people to keep tuning in to see what happened next. And also, the big increases in the key demo is nice. Unlike the other soaps, the vast majority of Days' increase came in the 18-49 age group, which as we all know from KC, is really what they care about.
Yeah, ...Days does 'events' really well....story climaxes and reveals....then goes into boring mode all over again. They are climaxing both top stories around the same time that can't be good for the show long term.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

six
Jun 3 2013, 10:20 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 2 2013, 01:47 PM
I expected higher after that press release. Oh and I'm not sure why but Days should really not bother with recognizing any trending of Days on twitter... Didn't Days trend in that Monday?? It managed to be the lowest day of the week. I think they also tended another day that week, does anyone remember when it was?
IDK about your question, but if Days trended on Monday then got higher ratings on Tuesday, the show could believe there was a connection between that free advertisement and the bump.
IDK, it just seems that there is really no correlation between the trend day and the ratings. That is why I asked if the show trended on Thursday or Friday at all? That's all I'm saying and I know what you are saying....but I'm not sure I agree with you....not surprising I know.

Hugo
Member Avatar

I hope last week's ratings will be even better for DAYS. Eileen Davidson and Blake Berris were amazing and the writing was really good, even though I was disappointed Kristen was exposed before the wedding.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply