Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings week of May 20-24: NBC Press release
Topic Started: May 31 2013, 04:35 PM (573 Views)
Ellie

May 31, 2013
'DAYS OF OUR LIVES' MATCHES ITS BIGGEST WOMEN 18-49 VIEWERSHIP IN 18 MONTHS

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – May 31, 2013 – “Days of our Lives” has equaled its biggest women 18-49 audience in 18 months and set an 11-week high in total viewers, according to “live plus same day” viewing figures for the week of May 20-24 from Nielsen Media Research.

For the week, "Days of our Lives" averaged a 1.0 rating, 6 share among women 18-49 and a 0.6 rating among women 18-34, tying it for #4 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tying it for #3 in the women 18-34 race.

"Days" equaled its biggest women 18-49 audience (634,000) since the week of November 21-25, 2011 (703,000). "Days" also averaged 634,000 women 18-49 during the week of January 14-19, 2013. In total viewers, "Days'" 2.513 million persons for the week was the show's biggest overall audience since the week of March 4-8 (2.563 million).

For the week versus the same week last year, "Days of our Lives" was up 14 percent in the women 18-34 race (200,000 vs. 175,000), up 32 percent in the women 18-49 demographic (634,000 vs. 480,000), up 34 percent in the women 25-54 race (788,000 vs. 590,000) and up 10 percent in total viewers (2.513 million vs. 2.294 million).

For the second quarter to date, "Days of our Lives" is up 3 percent in the women 18-49 category (632,000 vs. 611,000), up 8 percent in the women 25-54 demo (807,000 vs. 748,000) and up 3 percent in total viewers (2.6 million vs. 2.5 million).

Season to date, "Days of our Lives" is tied for #4 in the women 18-49 category and tied for #3 in the women 18-34 demo. Season to date, “Days” is up 2 percent in total viewers (2.7 million vs. 2.6 million).

Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

Bravo Days!!
In my opinion Days has been so much better over the
past month. I really hope they can continue over the
summer .

blueskies
Member Avatar

Those are pretty good numbers, though given how great last week was I was hoping they'd be better. I know I shouldn't be a glass half empty person....

IIttu
Member Avatar

Nice ratings for the end of the May sweeps might feel like a good thing if I didn't remember all the shit in between the sweep months.......

michr544125

Good for Days. They were absolutely on fire last week and it continued into this week. i was scared the interruption might effect their ratings last week. I just hope this isn't more of the same with a kick ass sweeps and then back to boring after.

King
Member Avatar

Great for DAYS. I can't wait to see the ratings for THIS WEEK!!!!!

I have episodes both from this week and last week that I do not plan on deleting from my DVR for a while.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

DAYS has been so good & I am glad the ratings are showcasing this. Hope it continues!!!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

This was the best sweeps that Days has had in a long time. I'm so glad the ratings reflect what was an awesome week.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 31 2013, 04:35 PM
For the week versus the same week last year, "Days of our Lives" was up 14 percent in the women 18-34 race (200,000 vs. 175,000), up 32 percent in the women 18-49 demographic (634,000 vs. 480,000), up 34 percent in the women 25-54 race (788,000 vs. 590,000) and up 10 percent in total viewers (2.513 million vs. 2.294 million).
I don't think one could find a greater confirmation for the utter failure that were MarDar than these numbers.

So the show is now back up to Dena's exit numbers. Can they regain the 300,000 W18-49 she lost, or is that a bridge too far? In the extremely far fetched scenario that they could achieve it, it would put them at #1 in the demos because Y&R has bled it's demo from 1.3M to the 700-800,000 range in the same time period.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Glad to see Days get some good numbers. I'm kind of scared to see the next few weeks numbers for GH as there has been a lot of negative feedback to the Franco recast. For me it's got me tuning back in to Days and I'm looking forward to the Eric/Nicole/Brady/Kristen quad. I'm still keeping an eye on GH, though and have not stopped watching. Especially since it's the summer and all my prime time shows are on hiatus.

nanasmiles

These numbers are good, and I just hope pre-empting Days for the French Open this week doesn't mess it up. Take that and add in the summer shows with mediocre teens acting stupid, and several favorites out of town on prolonged trips and we will probably lose the ups we just experienced. :( And I am a glass-half-full kind of person.

Graceland
Member Avatar

via press release:

'Days Of Our Lives' MATCHES ITS BIGGEST WOMEN 18-49 VIEWERSHIP IN 18 MONTHS

For the Week of May 20-24, ‘Days’ Jumps vs. the Same Week Last Year by 32 Percent in the Women 18-49 Demo and 34 Percent in the Women 25-54 Category

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – May 31, 2013 – “Days Of Our Lives” has equaled its biggest women 18-49 audience in 18 months and set an 11-week high in total viewers, according to “live plus same day” viewing figures for the week of May 20-24 from Nielsen Media Research.

For the week, "Days Of Our Lives" averaged a 1.0 rating, 6 share among women 18-49 and a 0.6 rating among women 18-34, tying it for #4 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tying it for #3 in the women 18-34 race.

"Days" equaled its biggest women 18-49 audience (634,000) since the week of November 21-25, 2011 (703,000). "Days" also averaged 634,000 women 18-49 during the week of January 14-19, 2013. In total viewers, "Days'" 2.513 million persons for the week was the show's biggest overall audience since the week of March 4-8 (2.563 million).

For the week versus the same week last year, "Days Of Our Lives" was up 14 percent in the women 18-34 race (200,000 vs. 175,000), up 32 percent in the women 18-49 demographic (634,000 vs. 480,000), up 34 percent in the women 25-54 race (788,000 vs. 590,000) and up 10 percent in total viewers (2.513 million vs. 2.294 million).

For the second quarter to date, "Days Of Our Lives" is up 3 percent in the women 18-49 category (632,000 vs. 611,000), up 8 percent in the women 25-54 demo (807,000 vs. 748,000) and up 3 percent in total viewers (2.6 million vs. 2.5 million).

Season to date, "Days of our Lives" is tied for #4 in the women 18-49 category and tied for #3 in the women 18-34 demo. Season to date, “Days” is up 2 percent in total viewers (2.7 million vs. 2.6 million).

Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/31/days-of-our-lives-matches-its-biggest-women-18-49-viewership-in-18-months/185387/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Great news for Days! The show has been better overall(since the endless slog of Dannifer ended) for a while now. Last week was terrific. The Bristen payoff and the crisis with Will culminating in Nick baring his soul was great stuff.

Congratulations to Days for doing a wonderful job on a very tight budget.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

week of November 21-25, 2011: MarDar's stories:
Madison and Brady grew closer during Johnny's search and rescue. Will saw Sami and E.J. having sex, but he was too shocked and disappointed to confront her. Sami's guilt haunted her as she celebrated Johnny's safe return with Rafe. Rafe walked in on Will blasting Sami for leaving the family when they needed her the most. Nicole and Madison had a heart-to-heart talk. Nicole decided to give her relationship with E.J. another chance, but she was unaware of E.J.'s recent tryst with Sami. Austin and Abigail's budding friendship spelled trouble for Chad and Carrie. Abe, Lexie, and friends prepared Thanksgiving meals for the homeless. Jennifer, thinking that Jack was up to his old tricks, apologized to him after he told her that he had been offered a teaching job at Salem University. Melanie confided to Daniel that there might be someone new in her life. Maggie celebrated Thanksgiving dinner with Victor, Daniel, and Melanie. Hope grilled Stefano about the connection between him and Alice. The judge handed John 50 years in prison with no chance for parole, which would amount to a life sentence. Marlena was devastated after John's sentence and inconsolable at the thought of spending her life without him.

Credit: http://www.soapcentral.com/days/archives.php?year=2011

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Week of May 21-25, 2012: MarDar Stories:

John, Bo, Hope, Shane, and Rafe arrested Stefano and hoped that he would be booked and in jail for a very long time. CIA Agent Newman informed the ISA team that Stefano was working undercover for the agency and ordered his release from police custody. The team was furious that Stefano had found yet another way to avoid serving time. Lexie struggled with the stress of being a being a DiMera as well as her progressing illness. Stefano tried to lift Lexie's spirits and hosted a family luncheon for her at the DiMera mansion. Chad told Stefano that he wanted to rejoin the family, but that he would not be involved in any illegal activities. Maggie confronted Victor about the secret that he was keeping from her. She was devastated when he admitted that he was the one who had stolen her eggs from the lab that had helped Daniel's mother become pregnant. She was so furious that he had lied to her for months that she walked out on him. Marlena sidelined John's plan to take out Stefano; at least for the time being. John and Marlena spent the day with Abe and Lexie and recalled good times throughout the years of their friendship. Carrie and Rafe decided to tell Austin about their relationship, but before Carrie could talk to Austin, he accidentally learned that she was pregnant. Carrie feared that her pregnancy would change everything for her and Rafe. Austin was so excited about Carrie's pregnancy that he couldn't wait to share the news with Rafe and Nicole, who just happened to be at the hospital while Austin and Carrie were there. Carrie promised Nicole that she would not tell anyone that E.J. was the father of Nicole's baby. Gabi convinced Will not to go to the police about her alleged stalker; he agreed, but cautioned her to stop trying to break up Melanie and Chad. Kate gave Sami some sound advice on how to salvage her relationship with Will. E.J. was furious when he learned that Will had been taking orders from Stefano the entire time that he was working for him.

http://www.soapcentral.com/days/recaps/2012/index.php#may
Edited by T-Love74, Jun 2 2013, 03:30 PM.

annie21

Sorry, but it's not that newsworthy or positive to me. A good week here or there does not a trend make.

Using the same numbers, I could write a headline that says it took this writing regime 18 months to get back up to the level that MarDar were at in this demo. And, btw, MarDar were being criticized at that time for having had a dismal November sweeps (they were down from the year before).

Days has a way of issuing press releases and sounding the trumpets when they have a good week (and by "good," they mean an uptick of a tenth of a percentage point or so). But of course, they are silent when they hit new record lows (as they were doing a few months ago). It's all spin to make themselves and their core audience feel better that things seem to be looking up. But without context and trend analysis, it's empty and misleading. Of course, all the shows do this kind of spin to some degree, but Days is among the worst offenders in my view because they don't have a good sound product to back up their claims.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

A single cheeseburger at McDonalds is healthier than a double cheeseburger, but it doesn't make either of them healthy. Just saying.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply