Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 6/3
Topic Started: Jun 3 2013, 02:40 AM (27,908 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Please post all interesting/spoilerish tweets in this thread. If a news article or new video is also tweeted (for example by SOD or NBC), it should probably go in its own thread, following our normal rules. This thread is for tweets, usually from someone on the list below, which give us information in some way about anything related to the show or upcoming storylines.

Please link each tweet and then set it off in italics, quotes or a quote box. To link a tweet, click "expand" and then click "details". That will give you the link to the tweet on its own page. If this is difficult (ie posting from a phone), please at least set off the tweet in quotation marks.

If anyone has names to add to this thread, please PM them to me rather than putting them in the thread. There are unfortunately a lot of fake accounts out there, and we want to verify each account is legit before putting it in this list.

I have entered the below list as a "Twitter List" under the DaytimeRoyalty twitter account. To access it, go to

http://twitter.com/DaytimeRoyalty/days-of-our-lives

Then click "Follow this list". It will then appear in your lists.

Thanks! :smile:

Posted Image

List of Twitter and FB pages

Official Days Accounts
@Daysofourlives
@NbcDays

Current Days Cast
Kristian Alfonso - @kjalfonso
Camila Banus - @camilabanus
Blake Berris - @blakeberris
Shawn Christian - @ShawnC4Real
Bryan Dattilo @bryan_dattilo
Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty
Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson, Eileen Davidson Facebook
Casey Deidrick - @caseydeidrick
Judi Evans - @TheJudiEvans
Galen Gering - @Galengering, Jenna Gering (wife) @jennagering
Deidre Hall - @DeidreHall, The Deidre Hall Fan Page (Facebook)
Bill & Susan Hayes - @DaysHayes
Drake Hogestyn - @DrakeHogestyn, Drake Hogestyn Facebook
Lauren Koslow - @LaurenKoslow
Wally Kurth - @Wallykurth
Meredith Scott Lynn - @MeredithSLynn
Kate Mansi - @katemansi
Eric Martsolf - @EricMartsolf
Chandler Massey - @ChandlerMassey
Casey Moss - @1CaseyMoss
Nathan Owens - @Nathanjowens
Terrell Ransom Jr. - @TerrellRansomJr
Melissa Reeves - @missyreeves4
James Reynolds - @JreynoldsJames
Suzanne Rogers - @SuzanneC_Rogers, Suzanne Rogers Facebook
James Scott - @IamJamesScott
Freddie Smith - @freddiemsmith
Alison Sweeney - @Ali_Sweeney, Alison Sweeney Facebook
Greg Vaughan - @greg_vaughan
Ari Zucker - @Ari_Zucker, Ari Zucker Facebook

Writers/Hairstylists/Other Staff
Lisa De Cazotte (Co-Executive producer) - @DeCazotte1
Judie Henninger (Promos) - @heyjude14
Matthew Holman (Hairstylist) - @Matthewhairpro
Jayne Marie Kehoe (Wardrobe) - @costumesbyjmk
Patrick Kilian (Former Hairstylist) - @patrickkilian
Maggie Klaus (Former 'Days Insider') - @TheRealMagstar

Former Days cast active on twitter or Facebook and not currently on another soap:
Matt Ashford - @matthew_ashford
Nadia Bjorlin - @realnadiab
Kyle Brandt - @KyleBrandt34
Tamara Braun - @tamarabraun
Darin Brooks - @theedarinbrooks
Sarah Brown - @sarahjoybrown,Sarah Brown Facebook
Ian Buchanan @KilttripUSA
Molly Burnett - @mollydollyy
Crystal Chappell - @crystalchappell
Christie Clark - @Christie__Clark, Christie Clark Facebook
Patrika Darbo - @PatrikaDarbo
Bren Foster - @BrenFosterReal
Staci Greason - @StaciGreason
Mark Hapka - @MarkHapka
Shelley Hennig - @Shelleyhennig
Brody Hutzler - @brodyhutzler
Gloria Loring - @theglorialoring
Kyle Lowder - @kylelowder22
Martha Madison - @Marth27, Martha Madison Facebook
Rachel Melvin - @Rachel_Melvin
Patrick Muldoon - @MuldoonPatrick
Patsy Pease - @PatriciaPease
Austin Peck - @AustinRed5
Thaao Penghlis - @ThaaoPenghlis
Julie Pinson - @JuliePinsonCom
Peter Reckell - @PeterReckell
Lisa Rinna - @lisarinna
Michael Sabatino - @michaelsabatino
Francisco San Martin - @Pepoduder
Kevin Spirtas - Kevin Spirtas Fan Page (Facebook)
Charles Shaughnessy - @c_shaughnessy
Billy Warlock - @billywarlock
Valerie Wildman - @ValerieWildman
Schuyler Yancey - @schuyleryancey

Contact Info:

DAYS Comment Line: 1-818-840-2067

Ken Corday
Executive Producer, Days of Our Lives
3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 170
Burbank, CA 91505

Greg Meng
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523
gmeng@dool.net

Lisa De Cazotte
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Bruce Evans
SVP, Current Programming
NBC/Universal
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Rebecca McGill
Director, Drama Programming
NBC Television Network
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Gary Tomlin
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Chris Whitesell
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Writing Team
Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Michael Lynton
Chairman & CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
10202 West Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232-3195

Steve Kent
Senior Executive VP of Programming
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
steve_kent@spe.sony.com

Soap Opera Digest
4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10004
sodsound@soapoperadigest.com

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
feedback@sonypictures.com and spe_corporate_communications@spe.sony.com

------------------------------------------------------------

It is unlikely SOD will print any letter that bashes an actor/actress, producer or headwriter. Try to be reasonable and respectful with your criticism, but don't be afraid to express your point of view about the show and its storylines.

If the comment line inboxes are full, wait until they're emptied and call back later.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The PR team at Days wants us to let everyone know they check this board daily and they report our feedback to producers. They also check the comment line, so make sure to call it often and leave your feedback about the show!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Replies:
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

But seriously, they could recast Brody Hutzler as Daniel Jonas, and I might actually start worshipping the character like the masses of Salem.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

niki
Jun 8 2013, 04:23 PM

For the writers to have him exit as such an ass and OOC is just an insult, plain and simple. There were MANY ways to write a John exit without having him betray the love of his life and his son (I know they didn't sleep together but to have the 'plan' in the first place, treat his wife like shit and agree to divorce - let alone Kristen to be the one to call it off - is a betrayal of pretty much everything the character had been about.)

That's my problem. I'm fine with him being on the backburner and playing a more supportive role on the show instead of driving storyline. But I'm NOT fine with the character assassination that has come along with this writing regime. His lameass "plan", treating Marlena like crap, siding with/believing Kristen over her when Kristen first came back (the first 2 months of the storyline), etc. Then the makeout scene from hell, which I know he was just pretending to "help Brady" or whatever, but it was still nasty to view on tv and he looked slimey and sickening.

When they get ready to "use" him again, it better be the real, authentic version of John Black - not the phony version that has been involved in this Kristen storyline.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

elci525
Jun 8 2013, 04:30 PM
TreasureCove
Jun 8 2013, 03:16 PM
Poker Face
Jun 8 2013, 01:49 PM
wth was that? is that GG's dressing room?
CB found this in her dressing room:

Posted Image

So she did that to GG's dressing room in retaliation.

Only to find out it was actually SC who wrote on her mirror.
Heh heh heh.

I've known CB is a Heat fan for awhile - and this has fixed my opinion steadfastly against her. Shudder Shudder. GO SPURS indeed!!

And SC scores MAJOR points in my book for having done that. Dr. Dan is a completely different story, of course.

Sorry for the basketball tangent ;)
LOL! haha. funny. No it's cool. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

blueskies
Jun 8 2013, 02:53 PM
wow. she's been talking a lot to the press lately about Kristen & etc...
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jun 8 2013, 06:06 PM
But seriously, they could recast Brody Hutzler as Daniel Jonas, and I might actually start worshipping the character like the masses of Salem.
i am fully in favor of this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Joshua
Member Avatar

Poker Face
Jun 8 2013, 06:16 PM
elci525
TreasureCove
Poker Face
Jun 8 2013, 01:49 PM
wth was that? is that GG's dressing room?
CB found this in her dressing room:

Posted Image

Heh heh heh.

I've known CB is a Heat fan for awhile - and this has fixed my opinion steadfastly against her. Shudder Shudder. GO SPURS indeed!!

And SC scores MAJOR points in my book for having done that. Dr. Dan is a completely different story, of course.

Loving it! Go Spurs Go! Beat the Heat! ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

^^ Not a fan of Miami, either, but she is from Miami, Florida, I believe so it's not exactly surprising for her to root for her home team, nor would I take it against her. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

NocturnalBlondie
Couldn't they bring him on as a recast Mike Horton instead? While SC doesn't impress me much as an actor, it's the character of Daniel I mainly can't stand. And if Mike becomes the new Superdoc and maybe Chief of Staff, that obviates the need for Dr. Hump & Dump. The king is dead, long live the king!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

He's way too young to be Mike Horton. If anything he could just be Patrick. There's already history there. I really wouldn't mind it, but I fear that could eventually lead to Mimi's return so I would rather him just stay at Kristian's gym.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

I think they should recast Mike. Shawn Christian should have been Mike. It would have worked much better. Daniel is a poorly conceived character that they haven't given up on yet. He's received such terrible writing that I'm not sure he's salvageable.

I'm not sure what they could do at this point to help him become a popular well-liked character. I'm sure it's not impossible, but I'm not sure how they'd do it.

Of course, once upon a time I hated Jack Deveraux, and never thought I could like him. But even as I was hating him, every now and then he would do something to indicate to me that there was more there than a spoiled senator's son who was angry that life wasn't going the way he wanted it to.

I don't think that can really happen with Daniel though. The writing isn't complex enough, and I'm not sure Shawn Christian has the ability to pull off a story like that the way Matt did.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

chinkybig
Jun 8 2013, 08:53 PM
^^ Not a fan of Miami, either, but she is from Miami, Florida, I believe so it's not exactly surprising for her to root for her home team, nor would I take it against her. :)
Oh no no no no. Her being from Miami as justifiable reason for being a Heat fan doesn't change the fact she is a Heat fan. I didn't say it was surprising - that has nothing to do it with it. Just that she is one.

Way to go SC! ;)
Edited by elci525, Jun 8 2013, 10:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Joshua
Jun 8 2013, 08:15 PM
Poker Face
Jun 8 2013, 06:16 PM
elci525
TreasureCove

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image

Heh heh heh.

Loving it! Go Spurs Go! Beat the Heat! ;)
LOL your avatar doesn't give anything away or anything. ;)

I'll stop now - promise.
Edited by elci525, Jun 8 2013, 10:14 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

I'd rather leave both Mike and Patrick out of the Salem orbit:
- Roark was a good Mike, but Mike in the 1980s was more rootable, relate-able and fun. Latter Mike was boring, snoozy, IMO. Nothing against the actor, but it just was not the same. Unless they find a solid storyline for him, no reason to come back. Salem U hospital already has a COS in Kayla, whom we barely see, so...

-Patrick IMO has no business being in Salem, and I can't bear the fact that they would most likely have to bring Mimi back if ever, just to put some "roots" for the Lockhart family. No, thanks, I cringe every time I think about Mimi and Bonnie. Ugh.
Edited by chinkybig, Jun 8 2013, 10:46 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jun 7 2013, 10:50 PM
@DrakeHogestyn: Given a chance off the bench, I'm sure I could hit a homer for J&M. #putmeincoach
Honestly the way I read this is, Drake is still there with the show... they just aren't using him. Just like baseball players. They are still part of the team, they just don't play everyday. :shrug:
Edited by Tammy, Jun 8 2013, 10:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Romancer66
Jun 8 2013, 08:54 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Couldn't they bring him on as a recast Mike Horton instead? While SC doesn't impress me much as an actor, it's the character of Daniel I mainly can't stand. And if Mike becomes the new Superdoc and maybe Chief of Staff, that obviates the need for Dr. Hump & Dump. The king is dead, long live the king!
It was a joke! ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Romancer66
Jun 8 2013, 08:54 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Speaking of kings... to me Patrick was the King of Blank Stares. (Ugh! Could not stand that character. He sucked the life out of any scene he was in.) Besides, since that Blank Stares title is currently being vied for by several characters on the show, there's no need to bring this guy back. This is one king who needs to be toppled for good! :)

Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Tammy
Jun 8 2013, 10:52 PM
SoapGal1
Jun 7 2013, 10:50 PM
@DrakeHogestyn: Given a chance off the bench, I'm sure I could hit a homer for J&M. #putmeincoach
Honestly the way I read this is, Drake is still there with the show... they just aren't using him. Just like baseball players. They are still part of the team, they just don't play everyday. :shrug:
Yes, but if they keep you on the bench long enough, it becomes that much easier to cut you from the lineup. Basically, the show is paying him not to work, and executives don't like that so they'll eventually close that loophole in their budget.

My guess? DHim will be dropped to recurring as soon as his current cycle is up (either 13 weeks or 26 weeks). They just did something similar with BD.

I think it's possible that DHer may be dropped to recurring, too -- as soon as they play out this last beat with Kristen that will more fully cement her to the current canvas (via the Ericole Bristen quad). At that point, J&M will be superfluous to these writers.

I hope I'm wrong.
Edited by annie21, Jun 9 2013, 12:14 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

You know what's sad to me. Because of these hack writers... I wish sometimes that they would write John and Marlena off this show... or never brought them back in the first place.

I would rather live with the blissful illusion of John and Marlena living together, happily married, in Switzerland. Then to see their characters get destroyed on a daily basis in Salem!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Tammy
Jun 9 2013, 12:41 AM
You know what's sad to me. Because of these hack writers... I wish sometimes that they would write John and Marlena off this show... or never brought them back in the first place.

I would rather live with the blissful illusion of John and Marlena living together, happily married, in Switzerland. Then to see their characters get destroyed on a daily basis in Salem!!!
I hear you!

And I know some won't agree, but I would prefer Jack and Jennifer had stayed in London, Carrie and Austin had stayed in Switzerland, and Kayla and Steve had stayed in Africa or wherever they were before this latest debacle.

If the writers don't like the vets, then fine, don't use them. But the worst is to bring them back and utterly destroy them and their legacy by writing cynical plot-driven nonsense. It's kind of sick and depraved, if you ask me.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

annie21
Jun 9 2013, 12:51 AM
Tammy
Jun 9 2013, 12:41 AM

I hear you!

And I know some won't agree, but I would prefer Jack and Jennifer had stayed in London, Carrie and Austin had stayed in Switzerland, and Kayla and Steve had stayed in Africa or wherever they were before this latest debacle.

If the writers don't like the vets, then fine, don't use them. But the worst is to bring them back and utterly destroy them and their legacy by writing cynical plot-driven nonsense. It's kind of sick and depraved, if you ask me.

They really have done a hatchet job on every character they have brought back since the "reboot". The only character that was on point and left alone was Nancy!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Days Details · Next Topic »
Locked Topic