Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 6/3
Topic Started: Jun 3 2013, 02:40 AM (28,353 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Please post all interesting/spoilerish tweets in this thread. If a news article or new video is also tweeted (for example by SOD or NBC), it should probably go in its own thread, following our normal rules. This thread is for tweets, usually from someone on the list below, which give us information in some way about anything related to the show or upcoming storylines.

Please link each tweet and then set it off in italics, quotes or a quote box. To link a tweet, click "expand" and then click "details". That will give you the link to the tweet on its own page. If this is difficult (ie posting from a phone), please at least set off the tweet in quotation marks.

If anyone has names to add to this thread, please PM them to me rather than putting them in the thread. There are unfortunately a lot of fake accounts out there, and we want to verify each account is legit before putting it in this list.

I have entered the below list as a "Twitter List" under the DaytimeRoyalty twitter account. To access it, go to

http://twitter.com/DaytimeRoyalty/days-of-our-lives

Then click "Follow this list". It will then appear in your lists.

Thanks! :smile:

Posted Image

List of Twitter and FB pages

Official Days Accounts
@Daysofourlives
@NbcDays

Current Days Cast
Kristian Alfonso - @kjalfonso
Camila Banus - @camilabanus
Blake Berris - @blakeberris
Shawn Christian - @ShawnC4Real
Bryan Dattilo @bryan_dattilo
Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty
Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson, Eileen Davidson Facebook
Casey Deidrick - @caseydeidrick
Judi Evans - @TheJudiEvans
Galen Gering - @Galengering, Jenna Gering (wife) @jennagering
Deidre Hall - @DeidreHall, The Deidre Hall Fan Page (Facebook)
Bill & Susan Hayes - @DaysHayes
Drake Hogestyn - @DrakeHogestyn, Drake Hogestyn Facebook
Lauren Koslow - @LaurenKoslow
Wally Kurth - @Wallykurth
Meredith Scott Lynn - @MeredithSLynn
Kate Mansi - @katemansi
Eric Martsolf - @EricMartsolf
Chandler Massey - @ChandlerMassey
Casey Moss - @1CaseyMoss
Nathan Owens - @Nathanjowens
Terrell Ransom Jr. - @TerrellRansomJr
Melissa Reeves - @missyreeves4
James Reynolds - @JreynoldsJames
Suzanne Rogers - @SuzanneC_Rogers, Suzanne Rogers Facebook
James Scott - @IamJamesScott
Freddie Smith - @freddiemsmith
Alison Sweeney - @Ali_Sweeney, Alison Sweeney Facebook
Greg Vaughan - @greg_vaughan
Ari Zucker - @Ari_Zucker, Ari Zucker Facebook

Writers/Hairstylists/Other Staff
Lisa De Cazotte (Co-Executive producer) - @DeCazotte1
Judie Henninger (Promos) - @heyjude14
Matthew Holman (Hairstylist) - @Matthewhairpro
Jayne Marie Kehoe (Wardrobe) - @costumesbyjmk
Patrick Kilian (Former Hairstylist) - @patrickkilian
Maggie Klaus (Former 'Days Insider') - @TheRealMagstar

Former Days cast active on twitter or Facebook and not currently on another soap:
Matt Ashford - @matthew_ashford
Nadia Bjorlin - @realnadiab
Kyle Brandt - @KyleBrandt34
Tamara Braun - @tamarabraun
Darin Brooks - @theedarinbrooks
Sarah Brown - @sarahjoybrown,Sarah Brown Facebook
Ian Buchanan @KilttripUSA
Molly Burnett - @mollydollyy
Crystal Chappell - @crystalchappell
Christie Clark - @Christie__Clark, Christie Clark Facebook
Patrika Darbo - @PatrikaDarbo
Bren Foster - @BrenFosterReal
Staci Greason - @StaciGreason
Mark Hapka - @MarkHapka
Shelley Hennig - @Shelleyhennig
Brody Hutzler - @brodyhutzler
Gloria Loring - @theglorialoring
Kyle Lowder - @kylelowder22
Martha Madison - @Marth27, Martha Madison Facebook
Rachel Melvin - @Rachel_Melvin
Patrick Muldoon - @MuldoonPatrick
Patsy Pease - @PatriciaPease
Austin Peck - @AustinRed5
Thaao Penghlis - @ThaaoPenghlis
Julie Pinson - @JuliePinsonCom
Peter Reckell - @PeterReckell
Lisa Rinna - @lisarinna
Michael Sabatino - @michaelsabatino
Francisco San Martin - @Pepoduder
Kevin Spirtas - Kevin Spirtas Fan Page (Facebook)
Charles Shaughnessy - @c_shaughnessy
Billy Warlock - @billywarlock
Valerie Wildman - @ValerieWildman
Schuyler Yancey - @schuyleryancey

Contact Info:

DAYS Comment Line: 1-818-840-2067

Ken Corday
Executive Producer, Days of Our Lives
3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 170
Burbank, CA 91505

Greg Meng
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523
gmeng@dool.net

Lisa De Cazotte
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Bruce Evans
SVP, Current Programming
NBC/Universal
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Rebecca McGill
Director, Drama Programming
NBC Television Network
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Gary Tomlin
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Chris Whitesell
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Writing Team
Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Michael Lynton
Chairman & CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
10202 West Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232-3195

Steve Kent
Senior Executive VP of Programming
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
steve_kent@spe.sony.com

Soap Opera Digest
4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10004
sodsound@soapoperadigest.com

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
feedback@sonypictures.com and spe_corporate_communications@spe.sony.com

------------------------------------------------------------

It is unlikely SOD will print any letter that bashes an actor/actress, producer or headwriter. Try to be reasonable and respectful with your criticism, but don't be afraid to express your point of view about the show and its storylines.

If the comment line inboxes are full, wait until they're emptied and call back later.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The PR team at Days wants us to let everyone know they check this board daily and they report our feedback to producers. They also check the comment line, so make sure to call it often and leave your feedback about the show!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Replies:
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

i knew the story will going to jarlena from the get go they had john had dream on kristen kissing it was treat like nightmare then but they slowly haave characters that john have feeling for kristen

i get why Drake act better with ellien [he did the wrong choice] the people in charge favor Eileen over deidre the writing did not favor jarlena at all
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

annie21
Jun 9 2013, 12:51 AM
Tammy
Jun 9 2013, 12:41 AM
You know what's sad to me. Because of these hack writers... I wish sometimes that they would write John and Marlena off this show... or never brought them back in the first place.

I would rather live with the blissful illusion of John and Marlena living together, happily married, in Switzerland. Then to see their characters get destroyed on a daily basis in Salem!!!
I hear you!

And I know some won't agree, but I would prefer Jack and Jennifer had stayed in London, Carrie and Austin had stayed in Switzerland, and Kayla and Steve had stayed in Africa or wherever they were before this latest debacle.

If the writers don't like the vets, then fine, don't use them. But the worst is to bring them back and utterly destroy them and their legacy by writing cynical plot-driven nonsense. It's kind of sick and depraved, if you ask me.

i agree with you

i want to add aside utterly destroy them and their legacy by writing cynical plot-driven nonsense those that stay on show after being destory most of them backburn and does not let the actors do nothing

kayla what it matter she broken up with steve we barely see her anywhy

jarlena aside being destroy and we do not we see them lot

and ect....
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jun 9 2013, 02:22 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jun 8 2013, 08:35 AM
Aliaron
Jun 8 2013, 07:34 AM
throughthehourglass
Jun 8 2013, 06:42 AM
SoapGal1
Jun 7 2013, 10:50 PM
@DrakeHogestyn: Given a chance off the bench, I'm sure I could hit a homer for J&M. #putmeincoach
This makes me sad. DAYS vets really are treated like dirt.
Its always the guys. The women they keep around. Its like daytime's versuon of a polygamy camp. They break up the supercouples, treat the guys like cra p while placing the women with inferior men and rewrite them. Its how we got EJami and Dannifer. Wait for Hope Psycho man or superman newbie choice.
I noticed that when they did Alice's funeral. If I remember correctly, the only guy's that came back were Shane, Lucas (Who shouldn't have been gone!!!!) Mike and Bill, where as, for Women, you had Marie, Jenifer (No Jack), Carrie (No Austin), Laura, Kayla (No Steve), Kimberly and another daughter/granddaughter, i forget her name. I thought it was especially weird that there was no Jack, Austin, or Steve.
matt asford could not come than he was doing play and they did not really want to work around him
and i think Stephen Nichols was in Y&R a
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jun 9 2013, 01:59 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Jun 7 2013, 10:16 PM
How did BD's status change come out? I can't remember.
Personally, I think he's done and this was HIS way of telling everyone that he's gone.
bryan site manager she knew it for months before she told she thought it will be credits soon so let cat out of bag.and bryan himself admit later in fan event that was few weeks later and that he also work Construction now
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jun 9 2013, 02:19 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Casey Deidrick @CaseyDeidrick 8h
Almost 10k in 2 days. Our guitarists wife, Angel who is battling CF, is astounded by the love and support from u all! http://t.co/amTX6DKggh
View photo

Chandler Massey's & Casey Deidrick's kickstarter has reached $10,322.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1702490597/sixty-five-roses-music-video
Edited by WillFan, Jun 9 2013, 12:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

If Drake had hit a homer with the material he was given, regardless of his personal thoughts of it, perhaps he'd still be in the game.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

james0479
Jun 9 2013, 12:50 PM
If Drake had hit a homer with the material he was given, regardless of his personal thoughts of it, perhaps he'd still be in the game.
I like Drake. But yeah, his scenes have been cringe worthy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Yeah, he phoned it in so I'm not exactly heartbroken to hear that we're not going to be treated to more scenes of him doing the bare minimum to scrape by. DHer received the same bad writing, but at least she put forth effort in her scenes. I started out being indifferent to both characters, but at this point, I'm pleased to hear that John won't be on screen for awhile; and I'm hopeful that it'll lead to good things for Marlena. Even if she doesn't get a story, she'll be better off for not having to share screen time with John.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

james0479
It didn't work for MA. And it's not like GG, MR etc are gifted actors.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

The version of John that's been around the last 8 months is faux-John, and he needs to stay off screen. I want the real John back....the one who acknowledges that Marlena is the love of his life and treats her as such. The one who would rather cut off his right arm than see her in pain. The one who puts Marlena first always, no matter the circumstance. And the one who is always on her side and wouldn't tolerate anything regarding Kristen, but instead would be disgusted to be in her presence after the hell she put Marlena and him through, and would never forgive or forget. I want John "the hero" back. The real John. I hope to see him emerge after this hiatus.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Melissa Reeves isn't incapable as an actress. I don't always like or understand her acting choices, because I didn't see "torn" when I think we should have. I saw Jennifer wanting Daniel and jack as the obstacle...I hated that. I also don't like what I perceived as Missy's clear preference for the Jen/Daniel relationship. But she is not incapable. I'm not sure what her problem is, but it's not lack of ability. I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't put her at the bottom of my list, acting-wise.

Offline Profile Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

james0479
Drake's no thespian, but he does well when he understands the material on an emotional level. Clearly he, like most of us, waswondering WTF when it came to John and his actions. His subpar performances were a combo of Drake's bad delivery and just bad overall writing from Tomsell. He did really well in scenes with ED, though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Holy shit! Deidre just posted a picture of her and LaToya Jackson on her Facebook page. Two people I never thought would be in a picture together. LOL!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Quote:

And I know some won't agree, but I would prefer Jack and Jennifer had stayed in London, Carrie and Austin had stayed in Switzerland, and Kayla and Steve had stayed in Africa or wherever they were before this latest debacle.

I understand what you're saying, but part of me disagrees. I think if the writers/TPTB would USE the characters well, I'm very much in favor of having them back. I've made no secret of the fact that I love Kayla. I just do. I don't like it that she's not used much, but when she's on, I make a special effort to watch, and they could decide to use her anytime. Why not? They DID use her well when she was coming back and forth to town. It was a treat for me to see her actively engaged in the baby switch story, trying to turn Stephanie around, dealing with Caroline's sudden erratic behavior. I didn't agree with everything she was doing, but it was fun for me to see her as an active part of Salem, and she could do that again.

Justin and Adrienne are said to have a story coming up, and I look forward to seeing that. I may not have been enjoying John lately, but Marlena has been great with Will and more recently Johnny, and she finally stood up for herself with John, which made me happy.

If Matthew Ashford were asked to come back to play Jack again and he decided to accept, that would make me happy, and here I'd be, hoping for something good, even if it didn't mean that Jack and Jennifer would reunite...if JACK were around and given his chance as an individual, that would be something that would make me happy.

I love the supercouples. But sometimes keeping them together isn't going to be the answer anymore...it doesn't mean I don't want to see the individuals they are. Far from it. Sometimes I think that's what I want to see the most nowadays. Who is Marlena without John? Who is Jack without Jennifer? What is Kayla doing now, without Steve?

Strange how I don't really want to see Jennifer with Daniel, LOL! But that's a whole different issue, IMO.

Maybe I'm alone in wondering who the individuals within the couples are nowadays?

Don't get me wrong. If Drake was still working as hard as always, if Stephen were available and on the show, if, if, if...I would welcome seeing the couple stories. But nowadays, by necessity perhaps, I am interested in seeing who the ones who remain are as individuals today, in 2013.
Edited by Kriss4, Jun 9 2013, 05:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Kriss4
Jun 9 2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:

I understand what you're saying, but part of me disagrees. I think if the writers/TPTB would USE the characters well, I'm very much in favor of having them back. I've made no secret of the fact that I love Kayla. I just do. I don't like it that she's not used much, but when she's on, I make a special effort to watch, and they could decide to use her anytime. Why not? They DID use her well when she was coming back and forth to town. It was a treat for me to see her actively engaged in the baby switch story, trying to turn Stephanie around, dealing with Caroline's sudden erratic behavior. I didn't agree with everything she was doing, but it was fun for me to see her as an active part of Salem, and she could do that again.

Justin and Adrienne are said to have a story coming up, and I look forward to seeing that. I may not have been enjoying John lately, but Marlena has been great with Will and more recently Johnny, and she finally stood up for herself with John, which made me happy.

If Matthew Ashford were asked to come back to play Jack again and he decided to accept, that would make me happy, and here I'd be, hoping for something good, even if it didn't mean that Jack and Jennifer would reunite...if JACK were around and given his chance as an individual, that would be something that would make me happy.

I love the supercouples. But sometimes keeping them together isn't going to be the answer anymore...it doesn't mean I don't want to see the individuals they are. Far from it. Sometimes I think that's what I want to see the most nowadays. Who is Marlena without John? Who is Jack without Jennifer? What is Kayla doing now, without Steve?

Strange how I don't really want to see Jennifer with Daniel, LOL! But that's a whole different issue, IMO.

Maybe I'm alone in wondering who the individuals within the couples are nowadays?

Don't get me wrong. If Drake was still working as hard as always, if Stephen were available and on the show, if, if, if...I would welcome seeing the couple stories. But nowadays, by necessity perhaps, I am interested in seeing who the ones who remain are as individuals today, in 2013.
I agree with a lot of what you say -- at least in theory. As we know, all of these couples were great because they were made from great characters -- characters who stood on their own and were complex and compelling before they found life partners. So you're right that they would also stand well on their own again without those partners. We know that.

In theory, it would be interesting. But the sad reality is that we've already seen what these writers do when they break up a couple and move them on separately. It starts with HOW they break them up (e.g., Jack's off-screen walkabout or Steve's off-screen career move or John's incredibly stupid plan or Bo's lame unexplained absence). Right there, they immediately write those people and that relationship out of character. Then they proceed to dumb down one or the other of them while totally decimating the integrity of the other. And THEN, after they've totally ruined any semblance of the great characters and couples we once knew, they will quickly backburner or eject them from the canvas without giving them (or us) a chance to recover. It's a total waste.

I would love to have some of these beloved characters back -- whether they're together or apart. But not like this where it has no point and makes no sense and goes nowhere.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

annie21
Jun 9 2013, 08:48 PM
Kriss4
Quote:

I agree with a lot of what you say -- at least in theory. As we know, all of these couples were great because they were made from great characters -- characters who stood on their own and were complex and compelling before they found life partners. So you're right that they would also stand well on their own again without those partners. We know that.

In theory, it would be interesting. But the sad reality is that we've already seen what these writers do when they break up a couple and move them on separately. It starts with HOW they break them up (e.g., Jack's off-screen walkabout or Steve's off-screen career move or John's incredibly stupid plan or Bo's lame unexplained absence). Right there, they immediately write those people and that relationship out of character. Then they proceed to dumb down one or the other of them while totally decimating the integrity of the other. And THEN, after they've totally ruined any semblance of the great characters and couples we once knew, they will quickly backburner or eject them from the canvas without giving them (or us) a chance to recover. It's a total waste.

I would love to have some of these beloved characters back -- whether they're together or apart. But not like this where it has no point and makes no sense and goes nowhere.
You know, the way you've explained it.............you did this so well! :applause:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Okay. I see what you're saying.

But as someone who is a fan of Steve and Kayla, I didn't really disagreewith the reason for their break-up. Some Steve and Kayla fans have a problem with it. I don't.

Steve went to work for the ISA. It isn't like he wouldn't have done that, because he's done that before. As far back as 1989, he was working undercover in conjunction with the ISA to solve a case involving Marcus. When he disappeared and was thought dead in 1990, he was working on a case with the ISA, so his working for them had been well established in Steve's history.

Kayla's inability to accept his desire to work for them is easily explained too. He disappeared for 16 years during an ISA assignment, and she thought he was dead. She had to move on, raised their child by herself, and was devastated by what happened to him. She wouldn't be so ready to wait around for the other shoe to drop again, would she?

Now, Jack's walkabout as an explanation for his disappearance? Not a good explanation or in any way something that would work for fans. John's big plan to mess with Kristen? Dumb. Bo and Hope's separation has yet to be explained, really, aside from the DiMera connection. We don't know how well or poorly it will be explained when they finally get around to it.

The thing is, though...I want to see Kayla. I want to see Justin and Adrienne. I want to see Jack. If I can't have the couples, I can't. That doesn't mean I don't want the characters. I may have to put up with some idiocy in the writing to have them sometimes. But...I want them around. They're my emotional investment, more than some of the new characters who've come down the pike, so what am I to do?

Put up with it, at least to an extent. Because really, what choice do I have? I want to see those characters.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

annie21
Jun 9 2013, 08:48 PM
Kriss4
Quote:

I agree... but at the same time, I don't dislike all of the directions in recent years. I think the conflict behind Steve and Kayla's breakup was believable and interesting, and I thought the Jack/Jen/Daniel story had potential. The walkabout was actually more interesting and believable to me than the Afghanistan story. I don't mind the idea of Bo and Hope breaking up after everything they went through ; for me killing him off just to bring him back later would be tired. It's sustaining those conflicts in a way that doesn't kill the characters that the show has a problem with.
Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

AFaithL
Jun 9 2013, 04:41 PM
Holy shit! Deidre just posted a picture of her and LaToya Jackson on her Facebook page. Two people I never thought would be in a picture together. LOL!
There is an even better pic posted by La Toya Jackson with DHer and the gang.

La Toya Jackson ‏@latoyajackson 9 Jun
@DeidreHall it's always great seeing you and the other cast members! pic.twitter.com/IGqX99AJQh

Offline Profile Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Kate Mansi @KateMansi
They won't know what hit Em! Can't wait xo RT @CaseyDeidrick: @Vanessabooty1 yes more @KateMansi scenes are coming, can't wait for u to see
https://twitter.com/KateMansi/status/343810596262797314

:wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Days Details · Next Topic »
Locked Topic