Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, June 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 4 2013, 07:58 AM (13,903 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chinkybig

The girl on the right. Ugh.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bee
Member Avatar

*Cue the Dawson's Creek theme song*

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Ugh to both of them

MissLola
Member Avatar

At the time I thought they were cute. Now, not so much.

WillFan
Member Avatar

:birthday: to me!

T-Love74
Member Avatar

WillFan
Jun 4 2013, 09:20 AM
I remember around this time, 10 years ago, that some viewers HATED the Last Blast Bunch. They thought they were being given way too much airtime and wanted them gone. Now, lmao, some viewers want them back. GO FIGURE!!!!! :shrug: :shrug: :lol: :facepalm:

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 4 2013, 07:58 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
:wub: my fave friends on Days! Now if only they could come back....although I'd take Shawn (JC only) first.

blueskies
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Jun 4 2013, 09:25 AM
WillFan
I remember around this time, 10 years ago, that some viewers HATED the Last Blast Bunch. They thought they were being given way too much airtime and wanted them gone. Now, lmao, some viewers want them back. GO FIGURE!!!!! :shrug: :shrug: :lol: :facepalm:
I always liked them so....

My guess is the number of people who changed their mind about them is very small.
Edited by blueskies, Jun 4 2013, 09:37 AM.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

chinkybig
Jun 4 2013, 08:07 AM
IKR? didnt watch when she played Mimi but her character on oltl Gigi :( :frustration:

KS rocks as Maxie(GH), not so much as Belle.
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Jun 4 2013, 09:47 AM.

supercool74
Member Avatar

I really couldn't stand either character. I liked Belle much better after MM took over the role. Never liked Mimi. I always thought they sucked up too much time on the show. :D

chinkybig

^^ I hated her even more when I saw her in Dirty Soap. *shudders*

Edit: I meant Mimi.
Edited by chinkybig, Jun 4 2013, 09:52 AM.

six
Member Avatar

T-Love74
WillFan
Yeah, who would have thought different people would have different opinions or change their mind over a ten year period?

The Last Blast kids were a great group, even including Mimi early on. I still can't believe Days wrote all of them out.

Ugh, let's not talk about Gigi.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

T-Love74
WillFan
I hated the Last Blast Bunch with a fire, lol, and back then I wasn't on any boards. Used my FF button very much! I always thought that JC (Shawn) interacted much better with Bo/Hope/Doug/Julie/Alice etc, than he did with Belle/Mimi etc..

The only two good things to come out of the LBB, were Philip K & Shawn B.

AFaithL

EJ_SamiFF
Jun 4 2013, 09:45 AM
chinkybig
Jun 4 2013, 08:07 AM
IKR? didnt watch when she played Mimi but her character on oltl Gigi :( :frustration:

KS rocks as Maxie(GH), not so much as Belle.
ITA. KS is much better as snarky, bitchy Maxie than she ever was as Belle. Her Belle was too perky and sacchrine. Couldn't stand her. However, when Martha Madison took over the role as Belle, she brought depth and maturity to the role. I became a fan of her version. Would love her back.

Mimi, I always liked her during her original run. Aaaaaaand then Farah got a reality show, and it tainted her forever. Now, I don't like her at all. It's amazing how peeking into an actor's personal life (something SHE put on display for the world to see) can color one's perception.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jun 4 2013, 09:52 AM
T-Love74
WillFan
Yeah, who would have thought different people would have different opinions or change their mind over a ten year period?

The Last Blast kids were a great group, even including Mimi early on. I still can't believe Days wrote all of them out.

Ugh, let's not talk about Gigi.
It's also amazing what a little break for the audience can do for a character. I'm looking at you, Sami.

FF looks like MR in this pic.

AFaithL

blueskies
Jun 4 2013, 09:35 AM
lysie
Jun 4 2013, 07:58 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
:wub: my fave friends on Days! Now if only they could come back....although I'd take Shawn (JC only) first.
Eh, I always preferred Philip/Chloe's love story to Belle/Shawn's. It was less contrived and had more depth to it. I loved Shawn interacting with Bo and Hope and his other relatives, and I liked the Belle and Brady sibling bond...but never got into Shelle.

Maybe it's just JKJ I liked. Because I loved all his pairings.

am103
Member Avatar

Kirsten Storms just never felt like Belle to me. Then Charity Rahmer was cast and I thought for sure Days would be immediately cancelled. However, mercifully, Days recasted Belle with Martha Madison which was a PERFECT fit for the character. Damn do I miss her.

Mimi... UGH. There were moments when I felt really bad for Mimi and moments where I prayed for her downfall, even when the audience wasn't "supposed" to. When she was confronted by Shawn for knowing the truth about Claire's paternity, I cheered. She did have good chemistry with Shawn though. Max, not so much...

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Rex actually did the impossible thing. HE made me like Mimi! When he left it was back to disliking her again, lol

Dutchgirl

This photo reminds me of how terrible SORAS can be. After the JM wedding Belle, Shawn D, Brady and Philip were all of a sudden teenagers. Too bad.....

For me the 90's had more to offer than the early 00's :( .

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply