Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, June 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 4 2013, 07:58 AM (14,219 Views)
SoapSuds
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 5 2013, 10:43 AM
I also am enjoying the FETCH story with JJ....but not because I am rooting for Daniel or Jennifer....I am thoroughly enjoying watching JJ manipulate both of them and his prick-ish passive aggressive comments to Daniel have me rolling. I am cheering for JJ to destroy Daniel and his relationship with Jennifer and also for JJ to make Jennifer aware of the shitty parenting job she has done with him.

FETCH is still toxic and always will be....I like that the show is aware of their unpopularity and is giving the viewers a voice with characters like JJ and Anne. The Daniel praising needs to end though...fuck its BEYOND annoying, especially since its not true and blatantly against what we have seen with our own eyes.

Casey Moss is the reason this storyline is entertaining.
:thankyou:

IKR!? Oooooh JJ is just the best on the show right now. I love his charming smile and his fuck you attitude towards Fetch. His scenes with the stoner guy is hilarious, too. And I thought it was beautiful when he broke Dan's ipod. I guess that makes me an evil bitch. :chee:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

six
Jun 4 2013, 12:12 PM
MissLola
Jun 4 2013, 12:10 PM
I think that i like Chad's hair. :$
I'm starting to like it too. Or hate it less with each passing day.
No.His hair is grotesque.The director should have told him to have it fixed before they began shooting.If he had put a bowl on his head and cut it himself,it would probably look better than what is now on screen.What is up with him?I have not liked his hair since he became Stefano's son.It has gotten progressively more freakish.
Edited by BeeBee, Jun 5 2013, 11:36 PM.

nightfan

BeeBee
Jun 5 2013, 11:35 PM
six
Jun 4 2013, 12:12 PM
MissLola
Jun 4 2013, 12:10 PM
I think that i like Chad's hair. :$
I'm starting to like it too. Or hate it less with each passing day.
No.His hair is grotesque.The director should have told him to have it fixed before they began shooting.If he had put a bowl on his head and cut it himself,it would probably look better than what is now on screen.What is up with him?I have not liked his hair since he became Stefano's son.It has gotten progressively more freakish.
The question is, is it the actor's choice or the styling for Chad? I agree it looks hideous either way.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Dutchgirl
Jun 4 2013, 10:58 AM
lysie
Jun 4 2013, 10:46 AM
Dutchgirl
Jun 4 2013, 10:40 AM
This photo reminds me of how terrible SORAS can be. After the JM wedding Belle, Shawn D, Brady and Philip were all of a sudden teenagers. Too bad.....

For me the 90's had more to offer than the early 00's :( .
I've always found it kind of odd how the show jumped generations. This is the generation the show should be focused on now, but not ten years ago when they were still children. Meanwhile they basically jumped right over Sami's generation, then went back and now won't leave. Sure they got focus in the 90s but it was more secondary. They just have their generations all screwed up.
I agree and this is why we see a 40 year old Brady together with Kristen. The kid was 6 at the time Kristen and John were together!
:soapbox:
Even worse are all the realtime references to this period.
Eric Martsolf is 40ish, but I sure don't think Brady is supposed to be that age. He imho doesn't look that much older than Kyle Lowder, but he is much better of an actor.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

elci525
Jun 4 2013, 12:01 PM
Yay - JJ and Stoner Friend #1
His name is actually Rory. I think the actor playing Rory does a better job of playing a pothead than Casey Moss(JJ), but that's the only bad acting I've seen of Casey though. He's very good as an arrogant prick.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

nightfan
Jun 5 2013, 08:09 PM
Classic
Jun 5 2013, 08:05 PM
nightfan
Jun 5 2013, 08:00 PM
Classic
Jun 5 2013, 07:58 PM
Rafe wasn't using Kate, they had mutual feelings for each other. Sami is shocked and jealous he moved on with another woman, especially her ex-mother-in-law
Kate.
It was pleasure-based, though, not emotion-based. Did I see a ring? Did I see him say he loved her? Or cared for her beyond her vagina? He wasn't using her, as in she wasn't aware. They were using each other: for sex. Stolen moments between the sheets. Not anything emotion-based.
In the beginning, they were just having sex, however they really cared abt each other.
I chalked that up to hormones and natural chemical reactions that occur after having sex with someone. I discounted those surface "feelings" they mentioned. Which were more (from what I saw) about caring for someone. Yes, they care about whether the other lives or dies. But it's not like Rafe wanted to date Kate. He wants to be a father and she can't give him that. It was oxytocin. Pure science.
Same situation as Kristin and Brady.Rafe was willing to adopt Grace and has always been shown to care about Will,Johnny,Allie,and Sydney.He will also have Arianna Grace.People don't have to be the same age/social status to love or care about each other.Rafe's character has not been written that he would use a woman just for sex.I like the fact that Kate was too proud to continue groveling to Stefano.He is still treating her like dirt.After the way Stefano treated Kate,it had to be satisfying to know a younger man finds her attractive.
Based on the shocked squeamish look on Bernardi's face and the cruel look on Stefano's face after those flashbacks,it's clearly the penis.I find it ironic that it appears Sami
will being going to jail and separated from her one true love because she saved Rafe (and his penis) from a fate worse than death.
Edited by BeeBee, Jun 6 2013, 12:41 AM.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jun 4 2013, 07:26 PM
DesignatedShelley
Jun 4 2013, 05:49 PM
I'm extremely suspicious that JJ isn't just the writers' way of saying that everyone who complains about Daniel and Dannifer is a terrible brat. In fact I'm expecting any day to read a spoiler that he sells Parker on the black market.
Oh, I definitely think this is so. Also, Anne is their way of saying "only ugly jealous bitches hate Dannifer."

But the trick is, Anne is played by an wonderful and very attractive actress with great comic timing and charisma.

And JJ had been introduced with troubles that are very organic to the story, and he's the son of Jack Deveraux. He's also played by a pretty good, albeit green, you actor with screen presence. More than a few people are going to be on JJ's side.

So, they will have to give Daniel access to a time machine. And have all the characters always ask "Where's Daniel" when he's offscreen. (Simpsons references. But Daniel has been given the Poochie treatment.)
All the same, I think I'd just prefer it if people stopped caring about Daniel, period. In Salem everyone either loves Daniel to high heaven or hates him for totally irrational reasons. That's one of the tell-tale signs of a Gary Stu. I'd rather Daniel be isolated and have less interactions than more, negative or positive.

They've made the acceptance of Daniel and Dannifer an effort-intensive project. DR fans can hold out as long as they want, and honestly I'm among that crowd, but there'll be new fans who will have started watching only last year or this year and won't understand the difference between Daniel Jonas and John Black in terms of character history on this show, and they'll only see a kid who does highly irresponsible things out of a sense of misplaced blame.

Because Daniel Jonas the person isn't at fault for what happened to Jack and didn't ask to be Maggie's insta-baby and didn't ask to be Chloe's baby's father, but its the writers' preference for Daniel Jonas that we're criticizing. What the writers are doing are conflating the meta-level criticisms with the plot-level and people who haven't watched the whole thing won't get the issue and they could easily run the clock out until fewer and fewer people remember. That might strengthen the resolve of some, but ultimately you can't control the in-and-out-flux of viewers and I just think in the long run it's going to take a change of writers to really solve anything.

I just can't wait until JJ could maybe have a storyline that has nothing to do with Daniel Jonas at all. That's the most I can hope for. He's young and as long as he's young all this stuff can serve as "origin story" type material for bigger and better things. I just am going to be eye-rolling a lot until that can happen.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

nightfan
Jun 5 2013, 07:55 PM
Honeybees
Jun 4 2013, 07:26 PM
DesignatedShelley
Jun 4 2013, 05:49 PM
I'm extremely suspicious that JJ isn't just the writers' way of saying that everyone who complains about Daniel and Dannifer is a terrible brat. In fact I'm expecting any day to read a spoiler that he sells Parker on the black market.
Oh, I definitely think this is so. Also, Anne is their way of saying "only ugly jealous bitches hate Dannifer."

But the trick is, Anne is played by an wonderful and very attractive actress with great comic timing and charisma.

And JJ had been introduced with troubles that are very organic to the story, and he's the son of Jack Deveraux. He's also played by a pretty good, albeit green, you actor with screen presence. More than a few people are going to be on JJ's side.

So, they will have to give Daniel access to a time machine. And have all the characters always ask "Where's Daniel" when he's offscreen. (Simpsons references. But Daniel has been given the Poochie treatment.)
I disagree. The writers, I think, are in on the joke.
Look, they know we hate Dannifer. However, they also know that Dannifer hatred gets A LOT of posts on web pages (just check this forum) and that generates buzz.
Having a golden couple that viewers hate only works if you have the viewers' voice in the form of characters on the show. Anne, and now JJ, are those characters.

Dannifer are "perfect." So they're there to represent us and knock them down a few pegs.

It's a classical setup by the writers. And it's genius.
I don't know if it's about buzz, it could well be. I really just think it's about writer ego. They know we hate Dannifer but they don't like that we hate Dannifer and won't accept that we don't like Dannifer without a fight, a fight that could stretch on for years and take up fucktons of screentime. I might not be giving them enough credit, but wasn't Tomlin around when Fetch started up back in 2010 or 2011 or whatever?

In good soap writing things are open ended, developments often can be written so that they could go down more than one road eventually, depending on viewers' feedback. So I might be underestimating Tomlin's willingness to eventually listen. But if what we all want is the eventual break-up of Fetch, then really the only thing I can see is that Jennifer is hurt that Daniel doesn't like JJ and breaks up with him, and I don't think that's going to be used as a permanent obstacle. Just a temporary one that further strengthens their bond in the end.

Personally, I don't care about breaking up Fetch (okay I'd enjoy it, but I'm not holding my breath). I care about backburning Fetch and letting Jack's children have storylines that have nothing to do with Fetch and maybe one day Jack could come back and have story that similarly has nothing to do with Fetch. If soap watching has taught me anything, it's that hatred really isn't the killer that irrelevancy is, and I just want Fetch to be irrelevant.
Edited by DesignatedShelley, Jun 6 2013, 02:38 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply