Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, June 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 4 2013, 07:58 AM (13,851 Views)
throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Chabby
Jun 4 2013, 10:36 AM
Rex actually did the impossible thing. HE made me like Mimi! When he left it was back to disliking her again, lol
I loved Rex & Mimi :embarrassed:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Dutchgirl
Jun 4 2013, 10:40 AM
This photo reminds me of how terrible SORAS can be. After the JM wedding Belle, Shawn D, Brady and Philip were all of a sudden teenagers. Too bad.....

For me the 90's had more to offer than the early 00's :( .
I've always found it kind of odd how the show jumped generations. This is the generation the show should be focused on now, but not ten years ago when they were still children. Meanwhile they basically jumped right over Sami's generation, then went back and now won't leave. Sure they got focus in the 90s but it was more secondary. They just have their generations all screwed up.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Storms is better as Maxie on GH than as Belle on DAYS.

FF was at times ok as Mimi, but her role on OLTL was just GRATING and then her persona on Dirty Soap essentially has probably ended her soap career.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Jun 4 2013, 10:46 AM
Dutchgirl
This photo reminds me of how terrible SORAS can be. After the JM wedding Belle, Shawn D, Brady and Philip were all of a sudden teenagers. Too bad.....

I've always found it kind of odd how the show jumped generations. This is the generation the show should be focused on now, but not ten years ago when they were still children. Meanwhile they basically jumped right over Sami's generation, then went back and now won't leave. Sure they got focus in the 90s but it was more secondary. They just have their generations all screwed up.
I agree with this!

Belle, Shawn, Philip, Chloe, Brady (de-sorased back to when Kyle Lowder played him) should be leading story right now.

This generation of characters has been completely passed over and it pisses me off to NO end!

Now with the Will/Gabi/Nick/Sonny/Chad/Abby group here, I fear we will never get to see the above group ever again.

Dutchgirl

lysie
Jun 4 2013, 10:46 AM
Dutchgirl

I agree and this is why we see a 40 year old Brady together with Kristen. The kid was 6 at the time Kristen and John were together!
:soapbox:
Even worse are all the realtime references to this period.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I actually LIKED Fath as Mimi, but that was when she was strictly a supporting character. She was off-beat & quirky and perfect (IMO) as Belle's talk-to. It's when they tried to focus entire storylines on Mimi as a leading character that the character started to grate and they seemed to change everything about the character I actually liked.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It seriously blows my mind that Brady is the only one left of the Last Blast group. And he wasn't even really a member of that group. For seven years, they were written as the future of this show and then BAM, within the span of three years, every last one of them was gone.

Jason47
Member Avatar

I'm doing August 2000 stuff right now, so right in the middle of the teen scene.

Latest episode done is 8/23/00...Jensen Ackles' last episode as Eric and Marlena's radio show debuts:

8/23/00: Austin, Eric, Fay, Greta, Lili, Marlena, Nancy, Nicole, Stefano, Hattie, Miles, Patty, Radio Engineer/Dan, Man, Caller # 1's Voice/Barbara, Caller # 2's Voice, Caller # 3's Voice/Dave, Radio Announcer's Voice, Lucas (FBO).
Sets: Salem Place, Street with Nicole's Car, Park/Colorado, Diner, Radio Studio.

8/24 is a teen episode:

8/24/00: Belle, Chloe, Fay, Greta, Lili, Marlena, Mimi, Nancy, Nicole, Philip, Shawn, Stefano, Hattie, Lisa, Diner Manager, Georgia, Andrea, Caller's Voice/Jennifer.
Sets: Lockhart House Construction Site, Radio Studio & Corridor, Diner & Exterior, Greta's Apartment & Corridor, Brady Pub & Exterior.
Edited by Jason47, Jun 4 2013, 11:15 AM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

The last blast group were the last good teen set. The current one leaves much to be desired. There is not a really strong connection between them like the others and there is no female legacy character. If its supposed to be Abby then she needs to be around the others' more.

The Carrie quad and the last blast were groups with their own inner dynamic. This current sect not so much. Its more like the current crop is two groups with people like Nick who doesnt really fit their age bracket.
Edited by Aliaron, Jun 4 2013, 11:22 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

^^and the current set aren't even teens....it's like they shoved them all to the 20s.....the show desperately needs a good teen set now...and I fear they will soras all the kids soon (Allie, Johnny, Syd, Ciara and Theo).....in a way I'd like to see the show do something drastic like that and in a way I fear that it'll suck major ass.....

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 4 2013, 11:23 AM
^^and the current set aren't even teens....it's like they shoved them all to the 20s.....the show desperately needs a good teen set now...and I fear they will soras all the kids soon (Allie, Johnny, Syd, Ciara and Theo).....in a way I'd like to see the show do something drastic like that and in a way I fear that it'll suck major ass.....
I say keep Johnny, Allie, Sydney, Parker and Joey as little kids. Age Ciara and Theo to teenagers to be with JJ.

Bee
Member Avatar

Jay Kenneth Johnson's Philly K was the only good thing to come out of that group. I have no nostalgia for that hot mess of brats.

Sweet and Salty

DrewHamilton
Jun 4 2013, 11:32 AM
LuvingLumi
I say keep Johnny, Allie, Sydney, Parker and Joey as little kids. Age Ciara and Theo to teenagers to be with JJ.
....except I don't wanna lose LB! I'm torn!

six
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jun 4 2013, 11:32 AM
LuvingLumi
Agreed. And I'd like to see them soras a few off screen characters - kill off Benji's wife and bring in Steven Dimera. I'd like them to bring back Joy Wesley and Ben Reardon at some point, too.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I want Jason Cook, Nadia Bjorlin, Martha Madison and Jay Kenneth Johnson back on this show now.

Farah Fath, Kirsten Storms and Brandon Beemer can stay gone.

I also would not mind seeing Heather Lindell's Jan again...she was a GREAT actress.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 4 2013, 11:51 AM.

elci525
Member Avatar

Yay - JJ and Stoner Friend #1

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I am SO here for Anne Milbauer & JJ Devereaux today!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Bumble Bee Maggie is back. *shudder*

Sweet and Salty

Ugh. Fetch.

six
Member Avatar

Aw, Kate already knows EJ stole the formula? That was anticlimactic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply