Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, June 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 06:36 AM (15,015 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Aww! JJ back when he was so sweet & innocent!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

ugh....Melaswen reveal...
Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

...although I enjoyed Marlena choking Alice with her own donuts, as morbid as it was.

And I wish Roman stayed dead after this storyline. That sucks a lot.
Edited by chinkybig, Jun 5 2013, 07:19 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Seeing Alice smiling and happy makes me happy! She just had that infectious smile. The same with Deidre and her laugh :wub:

Aww little JJ!

Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

What's really wild is this aired only about 7 years ago! I really wish soaps, especially Days who is one of the worst offenders of this, wouldn't radically SORAS like they do.

Oh, Alice. You truly were the heart of this show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I miss Alice!
Offline Profile Goto Top

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Alice <3
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jun 5 2013, 07:26 AM
What's really wild is this aired only about 7 years ago! I really wish soaps, especially Days who is one of the worst offenders of this, wouldn't radically SORAS like they do.

8 years ago
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jun 5 2013, 08:40 AM
JarlenaLante

8 years ago
And now JJ is 17years....
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Jun 5 2013, 08:47 AM
Partnersincrime
JarlenaLante

8 years ago
And yet Abby is basically the same age.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Jun 5 2013, 08:47 AM
Partnersincrime
JarlenaLante

8 years ago
At least in just 9 years than it should not 20 or 30 years like others
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I hate sorasing about as much as I hate triangles and bedhopping.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I don't mind SORASing as long as it's a gradual SORAS at the same rate as a characters peers in the same age group which doesn't muddy birth orders. IMO, a good general rule for SORASing is 15-16 years in the span of 10, but only if the parents are at an age to support it and everyone else in the same "generation" is aged in relation.
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

My own real issue with JJ's SORASing is that he's too close in age to Abby.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Wow - both Frances and Dee look fantastic in that screen cap. It really is hard to believe it was only 8 years ago. It points to how quickly FR's health declined before she passed away. :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Matt
Jun 5 2013, 09:42 AM
I don't mind SORASing as long as it's a gradual SORAS at the same rate as a characters peers in the same age group which doesn't muddy birth orders. IMO, a good general rule for SORASing is 15-16 years in the span of 10, but only if the parents are at an age to support it and everyone else in the same "generation" is aged in relation.
Very well put. I think the dilemma they usually have is that there isn't much "drama" for characters from let's say age 7 to age 15. They're doing well with Ciara, but she's just a player in the larger story. If she were to have her own story with her peers, what would it be about, lol? So I agree, if they can age an entire group to avoid that issue, it makes a lot of sense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I miss Alice so much.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

My problem with JJ's SORASing is that they seem to have barely SORASed Abby at all. For Pete's sake, she was born on screen in 1992 and she STILL seems to be grouped into that college-aged bracket when she should, by all logic, be regarded as older. I think she even celebrated her 16th birthday in 2004. Of course, you can't really keep Abby the same age distance from JJ (timespans always get compressed with SORASing), she should STILL at least be written as mid-late 20s, not some simpering early-20s ingenue co-ed. I mean, girlfriend is only 5 months to the day YOUNGER than Brady.
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 5 2013, 10:02 AM
My problem with JJ's SORASing is that they seem to have barely SORASed Abby at all. For Pete's sake, she was born on screen in 1992 and she STILL seems to be grouped into that college-aged bracket when she should, by all logic, be regarded as older. I think she even celebrated her 16th birthday in 2004. Of course, you can't really keep Abby the same age distance from JJ (timespans always get compressed with SORASing), she should STILL at least be written as mid-late 20s, not some simpering early-20s ingenue co-ed. I mean, girlfriend is only 5 months to the day YOUNGER than Brady.
Days seriously seems to be stuck in a weird time loop. No one seems to be able to break out of their original age bracket.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic