Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, June 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 06:36 AM (15,199 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 6 2013, 07:35 AM
The show had some good parts and bad parts yesterday.

The good: Nick and Gabi. I really liked them early on....I thought they were good. Then came Nick's homophobia shit and his behavior toward Will and I just simply tuned out of that quickly. Now the story has taken another turn which I find interesting. Let's see how it goes.

JJ has injected some life into Dannifer. They still suck but I know I'll tire of JJ's antics, unless he kills Daniel accidentally or something.....lol

The bad:

Rafe and his peen....seriously.....how wack is this?

Sami/Kate/EJ: I just don't get this show.....clearly they are trying to paint Sami as someone who hasn't gotten over Rafe. It's not solely about Kate here, IMHO....it just makes the problem worse that he seems to have moved on with her and Sami can't confront him about it because he's comatose. To top it all off the stupidity of what we 'have' and 'I'm with Ej'....not 'had' and 'i love Ej' is truly meant to drive something home for Elvis here. Will he react negatively soon assuming that Sami still loves Rafe? Why do they keep doing this to the character of Sami. It's bad that they saddle her with Ej but she's with him so stop the stupid back and forth with her.....it's totally ruined her in my eyes.....and I fear what might happen once Rafe comes out of his coma.

Ej holding Arianna Grace before Lucas has had a chance too.....stupid move....if I would have started watching this show this week I would assume Ej was Will's dad and the kid's grandpa. All I want is a screen cap of Lucas holding his grand daughter....so far, Will, Nick, Gabi, Sonny, Marlena, Kate, Sami and now Ej have held her, Lucas was around but I guess they couldn't afford him the opportunity to do it...stupid show.
You forgot Adrianne held arianna too they could easily let Lucas hold her last week. He was only like 3 minutes they could add 10 seconds of him holding her
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

am103
Jun 6 2013, 12:11 AM
I don't get how Stefano ordering his man to cut off Rafe's penis is "out-of-character" or something that the "real" Stefano wouldn't do. Keep in mind that this is the same guy that held a woman captive in a cage, hired a pregnant doppelganger to pose as his daughter, and threatened to use his unborn grandchildrens' stem cells to rejuvenate his own health. But, cutting off a man's penis as revenge for romancing his ex-wife is too over-the-top? Um, okay. If anything, this is one of the most simple revenge plots that Stefano has ever come up with. We know it's not going to happen, but it doesn't involve doppelgangers or a cage, so I'm interested. It's simple, it's sick, and in my mind, TOTALLY something that a pissed-off Stefano DiMera would do.
Yeah, it's too over the top, because while Stefano is known for doing things that are wrong and over the top, they were handled in a less serious manner, because the Stefano of the 90s was a silly super villain. He didn't go around disfiguring people. Stefano was going to have John's head cut off, but it took place in a secret underground city. This story lacks the elements of fantasy that the majority of Stefano's major plots are known for. The stem cell plot had the same problems.

Then there's the issue that he's going so far to get back at Rafe and Kate. Rafe and Kate.
Edited by six, Jun 6 2013, 10:25 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

six
Jun 6 2013, 09:29 AM
am103
I don't get how Stefano ordering his man to cut off Rafe's penis is "out-of-character" or something that the "real" Stefano wouldn't do. Keep in mind that this is the same guy that held a woman captive in a cage, hired a pregnant doppelganger to pose as his daughter, and threatened to use his unborn grandchildrens' stem cells to rejuvenate his own health. But, cutting off a man's penis as revenge for romancing his ex-wife is too over-the-top? Um, okay. If anything, this is one of the most simple revenge plots that Stefano has ever come up with. We know it's not going to happen, but it doesn't involve doppelgangers or a cage, so I'm interested. It's simple, it's sick, and in my mind, TOTALLY something that a pissed-off Stefano DiMera would do.
Yeah, it's too over the top, because while Stefano is known for doing things that are wrong and over the top, they were handled in a more less serious manner, because the Stefano of the 90s was a silly super villain. He didn't go around disfiguring people. Stefano was going to have John's head cut off, but it took place in a secret underground city. This story lacks the elements of fantasy that the majority of Stefano's major plots are known for. The stem cell plot had the same problems.

Then there's the issue that he's going so far to get back at Rafe and Kate. Rafe and Kate.
Yep. Even thought I hated R2, I thought it was a very Stefano-esque thing to do. Cutting off Rafe's thing is lame and completely lacks the theatricality of a good Stefano revenge plan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 6 2013, 10:12 AM
six
am103
Yeah, it's too over the top, because while Stefano is known for doing things that are wrong and over the top, they were handled in a more less serious manner, because the Stefano of the 90s was a silly super villain. He didn't go around disfiguring people. Stefano was going to have John's head cut off, but it took place in a secret underground city. This story lacks the elements of fantasy that the majority of Stefano's major plots are known for. The stem cell plot had the same problems.

Yep. Even thought I hated R2, I thought it was a very Stefano-esque thing to do. Cutting off Rafe's thing is lame and completely lacks the theatricality of a good Stefano revenge plan.
Plus, what's he going to do with it?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Jun 6 2013, 10:15 AM
tomsawyer
six
am103

ship it to Sami in jail? Lol.....
Online Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

Yeah, we better get our Lucas holding his grand daughter scene. That's crazy. You wanna see cute holding a baby--hand that baby to LUCAS! There's your adorable!

And it is so funny that Sami saves Rafe's....doodle wag.. She never knows when she's going to need that again and she doesn't want anyone to touch it but her!
This really does put EJ right up there with Brady in being blind and stupid doesn't it!! She says "What Rafe and I HAVE" right in front of his face and he's still hopeful that she doesn't mean it! :teehee:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

Imagine how much fun Galen had while working on these scenes. I bet some of his one liners would be to die for!

I can't wait till Rafe wakes up and he ask why Sami is in jail. When he finds out it's for protecting his man parts, he's going to be so honored! I bet he will ask her if she wants to check them and make sure they weren't harmed!
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Vicky4Mimi
Jun 6 2013, 10:21 AM
Yeah, we better get our Lucas holding his grand daughter scene. That's crazy. You wanna see cute holding a baby--hand that baby to LUCAS! There's your adorable!

And it is so funny that Sami saves Rafe's....doodle wag.. She never knows when she's going to need that again and she doesn't want anyone to touch it but her!
This really does put EJ right up there with Brady in being blind and stupid doesn't it!! She says "What Rafe and I HAVE" right in front of his face and he's still hopeful that she doesn't mean it! :teehee:
EJ should be use to coming in second to Rafe by now. He couldn't have forgotten yet how they came to be this true love couple this time around. I guess he must have thought that after he lived as a real couple with Sami and gave her plenty of sex that would make her forget all about loving Rafe......I guess not. EJ likes to think he knows Sami better than anyone, but he doesn't. Kate,Lucas, Will, Marlena, Roman, John, Caroline, Kayla, Carrie, Austin, Hope, Bo, Abe and Nicole have forgotten more about Sami than he'll ever know. She'll be happy with EJ just as long as Rafe isn't having a happy, sexual relationship with another woman. So until Rafe comes out of that coma and starts to have a relationship with another woman, she's all yours EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
tomsawyer
six
am103

Maybe he'll turn it into a key chain like a lucky rabbit's foot.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

blueskies
Jun 6 2013, 10:50 AM
lysie
tomsawyer
six

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepRafe and Kate.
Maybe he'll turn it into a key chain like a lucky rabbit's foot.
I could so see him sending it to Kate if he succeeded and this was the movies.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Vicky4Mimi
Jun 6 2013, 10:43 AM
Imagine how much fun Galen had while working on these scenes. I bet some of his one liners would be to die for!

I can't wait till Rafe wakes up and he ask why Sami is in jail. When he finds out it's for protecting his man parts, he's going to be so honored! I bet he will ask her if she wants to check them and make sure they weren't harmed!
I have a funny feeling Rafe will wake up and not remember Sami at all.....maybe he won't even remember who he is or his life in Salem....he'll get attached to the PT and that is where his new story will start from....then Kate will get jealous. I'm not sure Sami will be part of the story much.
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
tomsawyer
six
am103

or, maybe it's part of his illegal organ selling business. i'm sure penises are probably hard to come by for transplant.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

lysie
tomsawyer
six
am103

Put it in a pickle Jar. I donīt think the plan is lame but that he wonīt succced, and I donīt think itīs out of character for Stefano he has always seemed crazy enough to do just about anything. I loved the baby scenes with Will and EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

LuvingLumi
Jun 6 2013, 11:00 AM
Vicky4Mimi

I have a funny feeling Rafe will wake up and not remember Sami at all.....maybe he won't even remember who he is or his life in Salem....he'll get attached to the PT and that is where his new story will start from....then Kate will get jealous. I'm not sure Sami will be part of the story much.
Well we can easily assume that Sami won't be with EJ by the year's end, I mean, it's Sami so, yeah. I don't know about Rafe and the new girl, she might cause Sami to fight for Rafe and make him remember her. IF you recall SHE was the one who got his memory back when EJ had it erased a couple of years ago. So much talk about how Sami is the love of Rafe's life blah blah blah was going on before the accident, it makes me wonder.

I hope a huge writing change happens. Doesn't have to mean people are fired, but just free GT up to write a believable story would work wonders! I would think TomSell is just itching to get rid of everything Ejami about right now!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

^^^^ who could blame him? I am happy when ejami aren't on. In fact I'd be more than thrilled to be rid of them once and for all. Separate them, get EJ a woman more suited to his constitution. Sami ain't it. That one deserves no one, not EJ or Rafe and definitely not Lucas.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Vicky4Mimi
Jun 6 2013, 12:13 PM
LuvingLumi
Vicky4Mimi

Well we can easily assume that Sami won't be with EJ by the year's end, I mean, it's Sami so, yeah. I don't know about Rafe and the new girl, she might cause Sami to fight for Rafe and make him remember her. IF you recall SHE was the one who got his memory back when EJ had it erased a couple of years ago. So much talk about how Sami is the love of Rafe's life blah blah blah was going on before the accident, it makes me wonder.

I hope a huge writing change happens. Doesn't have to mean people are fired, but just free GT up to write a believable story would work wonders! I would think TomSell is just itching to get rid of everything Ejami about right now!
Nah...
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Vicky4Mimi
Jun 6 2013, 12:13 PM
LuvingLumi
Vicky4Mimi

Rafe really does deserve a new woman though. The story this show really needs to tell is Sami and her ficklesness costing her all the men in her life and letting them all move on and be happy with other women.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

^^^^ I was thinking the exact same thing. Let Sami be alone for a long while and let her harem find happiness elsewhere.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Laufeyson
Jun 6 2013, 12:34 PM
^^^^ I was thinking the exact same thing. Let Sami be alone for a long while and let her harem find happiness elsewhere.
Let Sami have a story all of her own. After losing all of her men, she decides to leave Salem for a while and leaves Lucas and EJ and note telling them she'll be in touch when she's ready. She runs into foul play and no one has a clue she's in danger. They take her out the country and she has to fight for her freedom and to get back home to Salem. AS's good at stuff like that....give Sami a story where the viewers who now hate her are rooting for her. And the next time around she finds love, whether it's with one of her exes or someone new, she's completely in love with only that man.
Offline Profile Goto Top

uclan
Member Avatar

HortonsHeardAWho!
Jun 5 2013, 03:22 PM
Riiiiight...because having your 'MP3' player brought back to you broken with no remorse; having your kid's train set broken (what the hell was he even playing with it for in the first place) again with no remorse; your tires slashed; your windows (at least) beaten in; and still no angry reaction...doesn't exactly seem like a guy with anger issues. Now, you intentionally ignore my kid and put him in harms way, yeah, I'm going to get angry. Come on. Reverse the situation and pretend your child was the little three or four year old, how would you react?
Dr. Dan has every right to be angry, but no right getting physical. Who's the adult here? Dr. Dan looked like he wanted to catch a fade and beat the shizznit out of JJ. Again who's the adult.
Also what toddler stops at asking once for something. I'm surprised little Parker wasn't tugging on JJ's shirt to get his attention. If that had happened and no response then I would have been slightly pissed.

I'm a little taken aback by some of the physical interactions. I mean could have a possible work place suit for putting her hands on Anne to escort her back to the office. I mean really, could you try that at work?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic