Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, June 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 06:36 AM (14,809 Views)
waterlilly
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 6 2013, 11:18 AM
lysie
Jun 6 2013, 10:15 AM
tomsawyer
Jun 6 2013, 10:12 AM
six
Jun 6 2013, 09:29 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepRafe and Kate.
Yep. Even thought I hated R2, I thought it was a very Stefano-esque thing to do. Cutting off Rafe's thing is lame and completely lacks the theatricality of a good Stefano revenge plan.
Plus, what's he going to do with it?
or, maybe it's part of his illegal organ selling business. i'm sure penises are probably hard to come by for transplant.
Ha ha hard to come by : :applause:
Online Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

I finally saw the whole show. I'm rooting for Nick and Gabi. I'm glad he's starting to act like the real Nick again. I don't particularly like Gabi much but I like Nick, so unless they come up with someone he has better chemistry with then I hope he and Gabi work things out.

I get that Daniel was upset. It would scare any parent....but he overreacted with the physical stuff. Yelling would have been appropriate, but not putting his hands on him. It's pretty obvious JJ wasn't paying attention to what was going on with the kid, but he wasn't purposely trying to hurt him and it technically wasn't his job to watch him. Daniel should have been more angry with Abigail.

I can see why EJ might be upset over the "what we have" line. But asking her about hating Kate so much? I really don't think she needs much of an excuse. She's always hated Kate. The fact that she was sleeping with Rafe is just one more thing to add. I don't know that she still is in love with Rafe, and I don't care. I'm so sick of her and her fickle hoo-hah. But I can see why she'd not want Kate involved with him, even if she has absolutely no feelings for him anymore.

Stefano's plan is just stupid. Does he not think that Kate will not figure it was him behind it? He should have just smothered him with a pillow. But then maybe he wants Kate to know? :shrug:

As always... Love Wilson. Wish they'd get some more emotional scenes though. Privately.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

SoapSuds
Jun 5 2013, 08:34 PM
IKR? I keep hoping that Anne will seduce him or something
I actually had a dream that Dan and Anne had an affair. For a few moments in the early morning I was really excited about this show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

guessgirl
Member Avatar

I love the Nick & Gabi scenes. It sucks they are getting some good/decent scenes and it's when they are "breaking up." I also hope they work it out after everything. I always thought Blake & Camila worked well and are very natural together.
Edited by guessgirl, Jun 6 2013, 03:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

Love the WilSon scenes but they are to short what they got a minute and a couple of seconds in a scene. I want to see them really talk about everything while Will is awake. I want Sonny to tell him how scared he was he thought he was going to lose him and how he really feels about Ari and Gabi. I want Will to tell Sonny what he is feeling about him, Ari, Gabi and Nik. They need some time alone also we need to see them connect again it has been a while since we have seen them like that with all the Nik and Gabi mess I would like to see them be together just the two of them before Gabi and Ari move in.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Carly
Member Avatar

DesignatedShelley
Jun 6 2013, 03:03 PM
SoapSuds
Jun 5 2013, 08:34 PM
IKR? I keep hoping that Anne will seduce him or something
I actually had a dream that Dan and Anne had an affair. For a few moments in the early morning I was really excited about this show.
LOL, I keep hoping that Anne and JJ will have an affair! (I'm actually laughing in glee as I think about how Jen would react if she caught Anne and JJ in bed together!)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ellie
Jun 5 2013, 10:08 PM
Wasn't able to watch today or tonight but just read Pat's recap. (Thanks Pat!) Sounds like half of the show was great and half (Sami) was filler. I think with Nick/Gabi, the reason people are finally interested in them, myself included, is that finally there's a good story. When it seems that Days is just matching up two random people, with only the kissing/sex to back it up, it just falls flat. But if there's an actual compelling story, we'll watch! The mistake they made with Nick and Gabi is that they didn't even hint at the story until now. That's a mistake Days has been making in many places with the writing. The audience should have known all along that Nick's heart wasn't really in the relationship. That would have made their scenes much more interesting, and we would have had something to root for if (pregnant) Gabi had been really looking forward to having a family with Nick.
I think this is it exactly. My problem with Nick and Gabi initially was they fell in love too quickly. I know we don't get drawn out romances anymore but it seemed like they could have Gabi a little more hesitant hanging around an ex-con she's heard such conflicting things about while Nick would probably not want to get involved with anyone this soon until he knows where his post prison life is going.

But now, they've managed to take that sped up romance and explain it away organically that makes sense for the characters. Now they have actual obstacles to overcome and it gives us something to root for. And as I said before their conversation yesterday was well done in the sense they talked things over. Nick admitted to his past sins and realized that his "love" for Gabi has been false, and didn't try to hide that from her either. As for Gabi, she didn't become hysterical or try to pretend nothing had changed. She admitted to not knowing what to do but her daughter comes first thus she needs distance away from Nick until he/she/they can sort things out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Vicky4Mimi
Jun 6 2013, 10:21 AM
Yeah, we better get our Lucas holding his grand daughter scene. That's crazy. You wanna see cute holding a baby--hand that baby to LUCAS! There's your adorable!

And it is so funny that Sami saves Rafe's....doodle wag.. She never knows when she's going to need that again and she doesn't want anyone to touch it but her!
This really does put EJ right up there with Brady in being blind and stupid doesn't it!! She says "What Rafe and I HAVE" right in front of his face and he's still hopeful that she doesn't mean it! :teehee:
So do we KNOW Sami saves his privates and goes to jail?
Offline Profile Goto Top

*6Lee

So far, I think Jennifer's son is a good addition to the show. He has got a welcome edge. The difficulty I have with the Daniel/Jennifer storyline is....Daniel just does not work for me. Maybe he would elsewhere or maybe I just don't get the character. Does anyone else feel like this? I resist this whole storyline. But why? Because it feels...contrived, not character-driven & organic (as opposed to Sonny/Will or Hope's troubles with Ciara). And soap viewers-this makes the soap genre unique-know the difference.
Okay, soap writers have always pushed certain characters to the detriment of the overall story- I felt this strongly with the Melanie character as well. She was everywhere & you could not escape her. It always lasts, well, until the writers are shown the door. I also realize that I may be in the minority with my opinions. Still, it is just impossible not to want to tweak the story yourself if you feel it going awry.
Daniel being Maggie's son...no. That's inauthentic & unnecessary. Daniel could be a character on the show, just not her son. She already has Melissa & Sarah; the latter simply begs to return as a 30-something heroine who could be front burner immediately, taking her rightful place with her mother (& ambivalent & watchful about Victor!) & cousins. I get that writers wanted Matthew Ashford off- although I don't get the reasoning. Just think of the storyline for Jennifer, Jack and their children to play: the kids discover Jack's past with Kayla. The fallout could continue for years- Jack guilt ridden & trying to explain himself, Abby disenchanted & turning away from both parents, her own relationships (with boys & maybe a friendship with Kayla'a daughter, wrecked) affected. Now here is a stellar reason for Jack Jr.'s rebellion; while Jennifer tries to manage them all & also looking inside herself. With Mary Beth Evans on the canvas, the players would all be in place (and supremely capable of bringing it) to play the notes of a story that began years ago (think of the flashbacks). Reckoning-true, pure soap opera (what it can do best)-about the past haunting the present.
The problem now is...Jack Jr. is utterly correct. His mother is acting uncharacteristically & has moved on too fast. If the show insists on eschewing Matt Ashford, Jennifer could still play the story of realizing that she has been untrue to herself, break off with Daniel & play the beats of her grief. A couple with as much chemistry as Jack and Jennifer deserves that. The path now chosen is actually damaging Jennifer's character. It is always unwise to shortchange the credibility of a soap legacy character (Jenniifer is a Horton: Bill & Laura's child, Tom & Alice's granddaughter).
But the wider audience may feel far differently. And Days is certainly the best soap on the air now. Nick's confession to Maggie was beautifully done by both. Laura's return to counsel her daughter, Gabi's ambivalence about Nick, Caroline's continued grappling with Alzheimer's, Kate's secret, supposedly no strings affair with a younger man, are all good. Hope & Sami's recent conversation at the police station was textbook good soap & writing: a conflicted Hope referencing her late son; a quarrelsome Sami suddenly showing compassion. Bo's absence is deeply felt & I don't have a solution, but I really like Hope's scenes with her daughter; Kristian Alfonso hitting the right notes whether feeling guilty or gently chiding her daughter. It feels real- the concept of authenticity again- & sets the stage for more good psychological drama: is Ciara (the little girl is doing just fine in her scenes) the next Horton to struggle & evolve? Days has always done a great job with the troubled, tormented Horton granddaughters (Julie, Sandy, Jessica, Hope, Melissa). Maybe it is time for the next generation to start, too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jb1183

*6Lee
Jun 6 2013, 05:22 PM
So far, I think Jennifer's son is a good addition to the show. He has got a welcome edge. The difficulty I have with the Daniel/Jennifer storyline is....Daniel just does not work for me. Maybe he would elsewhere or maybe I just don't get the character. Does anyone else feel like this? I resist this whole storyline. But why? Because it feels...contrived, not character-driven & organic (as opposed to Sonny/Will or Hope's troubles with Ciara). And soap viewers-this makes the soap genre unique-know the difference.
So much of your post was spot on in its articulation of ways that fans feel about the show these days, but, in particular, your views on Daniel as a character. A significant number of us viewers, as far as I can see, feel that way about him. It's beyond frustrating to watch him suck up so much screentime and attention on the show when beloved male characters about the same age, with far longer histories and larger fanbases, are killed off (Jack) or barely used (Lucas). Many of us also think that Daniel and Jennifer have no chemistry and are just an absolutely lifeless, empty shell of a pairing, and cannot fathom why TPTB continue to push them so hard, going so far as to fire Matt and kill Jack off specifically to facilitate that reunion. That's undoubtedly one of the tackiest and disrespectful things the show's ever done, IMO.

I'm loving Casey Moss as JJ Devereaux and I think he's done a great job with the material he's been given. Because I don't care for Daniel, I've enjoyed him messing with Daniel. But, like you, I believe there are much deeper and richer possibilities if Jack were alive and a part of their family life. But unfortunately one of the current head writers is unable to get beyond his own biases with regards to what characters are showcased and it's been highly destructive to the creative vision of the show. It's a damn shame.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

lachelle73
Jun 5 2013, 01:32 PM
Keith
Jun 5 2013, 01:19 PM
Honestly, this is the most DiMera-esque action we've seen in years. The DiMeras never used to be in the business of murder. It was always about psychological torture. Though, to be honest, I'm still not sure what Bernardi is cutting off. I'm not sure he is, either.

When Will called AG "Miss Horton" my Jack loving heart died. Please let that nickname stick. A fine replacement for Jen-Jen.

I love how Adrienne actually seems still tortured about her brother's death as opposed to Jennifer.

I'm guessing Sonny (who I almost just called by his full name, Jackson) also gives Adrienne the video of Sami that makes her turn against Will.
I still don't get how this is Will fault and Adrienne rethinks Will for Sonny because of Sami. I didn't see the video did anyone see it and tell me what it is. If Adrienne is upset why not be upset with Sami and not Will he didn't do anything this time :).
Why would that video make Adrienne turn against Will?
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

lachelle73
Jun 6 2013, 03:50 PM
Love the WilSon scenes but they are to short what they got a minute and a couple of seconds in a scene. I want to see them really talk about everything while Will is awake. I want Sonny to tell him how scared he was he thought he was going to lose him and how he really feels about Ari and Gabi. I want Will to tell Sonny what he is feeling about him, Ari, Gabi and Nik. They need some time alone also we need to see them connect again it has been a while since we have seen them like that with all the Nik and Gabi mess I would like to see them be together just the two of them before Gabi and Ari move in.

I agree with this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

*6Lee

From jb1183: "It's beyond frustrating to watch him (Daniel) suck up so much screentime and attention on the show when beloved male characters about the same age, with far longer histories and larger fanbases, are killed off (Jack) or barely used (Lucas)..."

Yes, I have felt that about Lucas. And I think I heard his character went recurring...which, to me , is a misstep. Lucas has been a character for 20 years & although originally another "instant-relative", earned his stripes as a member of a founding family. He has...authority as a character- that's the best way for me to explain it. Daniel doesn't. Lucas does. Justin has authority. Her last go-round, Chloe didn't. Character authority does not necessarily have to do with age or length of time (Maxine has it) on the show- Sonny certainly has it (so do Will & Nick). Gabi not quite, but she has made leaps of progress & is getting close. I guess it has to do with fit and chemistry. Lucas was not force fed to the audience like Daniel, but integrated & that is the critical difference. Lucas ...happened, while much effort goes into trying to make Daniel happen- and somehow it just doesn't. The strain shows- and nearby characters suffer.

It would seem that there is enough untapped story for Lucas. He has a nice way with Will (you don't always see this father-son dynamic on soaps) & can certainly play the beats of having been a young (& much more volatile) father himself. His relationship with Sami has evolved, but still conflicted; this brings story. There could be corporate boardroom stuff for him to play- lots of potential for interaction with established & new characters; Lucas is interesting because he has ambivalence. He has matured, but still driven by his emotions; his uneven past gives him just the right amount of insecurity and bravado to get ambitious, like power, but still be humane. And his checkered romatic history- this character cries out for a passionate relationship with someone who finally reciprocates his feelings. Someone like...well, I don't know that anyone on the canvas is appropriate at present. So, a new character, maybe a struggling waitress at Sonny's shop- she's got baggage (unhappily married? Deserted by a husband & coping with a disabled child? Violent ex in prison?) & Lucas certainly does- interesting, authentic baggage+ actors who know how to bring it= audience investment. And sparks- that's what Lucas's character needs- sparks. Sami could disapprove, especially if the heroine was warm & loving with Will & Allie, who would both be drawn to her...Kate might unexpectedly approve & support the pairing, which helps soften her character...Jennifer could champion the relationship & form a friendship with the woman- I would rather see Jennifer do this than swoon over Daniel. Lucas is right there- he just needs story.

Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

*6Lee
Jun 8 2013, 11:01 AM
From jb1183: "It's beyond frustrating to watch him (Daniel) suck up so much screentime and attention on the show when beloved male characters about the same age, with far longer histories and larger fanbases, are killed off (Jack) or barely used (Lucas)..."

Yes, I have felt that about Lucas. And I think I heard his character went recurring...which, to me , is a misstep. Lucas has been a character for 20 years & although originally another "instant-relative", earned his stripes as a member of a founding family. He has...authority as a character- that's the best way for me to explain it. Daniel doesn't. Lucas does. Justin has authority. Her last go-round, Chloe didn't. Character authority does not necessarily have to do with age or length of time (Maxine has it) on the show- Sonny certainly has it (so do Will & Nick). Gabi not quite, but she has made leaps of progress & is getting close. I guess it has to do with fit and chemistry. Lucas was not force fed to the audience like Daniel, but integrated & that is the critical difference. Lucas ...happened, while much effort goes into trying to make Daniel happen- and somehow it just doesn't. The strain shows- and nearby characters suffer.

It would seem that there is enough untapped story for Lucas. He has a nice way with Will (you don't always see this father-son dynamic on soaps) & can certainly play the beats of having been a young (& much more volatile) father himself. His relationship with Sami has evolved, but still conflicted; this brings story. There could be corporate boardroom stuff for him to play- lots of potential for interaction with established & new characters; Lucas is interesting because he has ambivalence. He has matured, but still driven by his emotions; his uneven past gives him just the right amount of insecurity and bravado to get ambitious, like power, but still be humane. And his checkered romatic history- this character cries out for a passionate relationship with someone who finally reciprocates his feelings. Someone like...well, I don't know that anyone on the canvas is appropriate at present. So, a new character, maybe a struggling waitress at Sonny's shop- she's got baggage (unhappily married? Deserted by a husband & coping with a disabled child? Violent ex in prison?) & Lucas certainly does- interesting, authentic baggage+ actors who know how to bring it= audience investment. And sparks- that's what Lucas's character needs- sparks. Sami could disapprove, especially if the heroine was warm & loving with Will & Allie, who would both be drawn to her...Kate might unexpectedly approve & support the pairing, which helps soften her character...Jennifer could champion the relationship & form a friendship with the woman- I would rather see Jennifer do this than swoon over Daniel. Lucas is right there- he just needs story.

I would be more interested in seeing Lucas more involved in the show than Daniel and Jennifer. To me Daniel and Jennifer are boring and I do not care for that relationship at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

kay
Jun 8 2013, 07:34 PM
I would be more interested in seeing Lucas more involved in the show than Daniel and Jennifer. To me Daniel and Jennifer are boring and I do not care for that relationship at all.
Bingo. Lucas is a darn sight more entertaining than those two and BD has got personality. He can just carry off the little bits of humor, SC's fine strip dancing notwithstanding. Besides, he makes Sami tolerable and is pretty much her little Jiminy Cricket to Sami's Pinnochio.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Jun 5 2013, 12:52 PM
u bastard dont touch JJ
J.J. Needs his smart smug prick ass kicked. Potential future serial killer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

am103
Jun 5 2013, 02:31 PM
Daniel: "Besides, our relationship isn't ALL sex."

Jennifer: "Speak for yourself."

Gag. And by the way, JJ, Will Smith's new movie is called After Earth, not After Life. It's the little details that matter, lol.
He probably can't remember because he's a pothead.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

jb1183
Jun 5 2013, 02:39 PM
I don't really care that JJ has been screwing with Daniel the past few weeks, Jennifer should immediately dump his ass for putting his hands on her son like that. What a prick.
No the prick is JJ who was carelessly listening to his iphone and not paying a bit of attention for just a spare few minutes watching a little kid. Parker couldve been seriously hurt or killed if he fell out of that chair. Daniel as Parker's father has every right to knock JJ to next week. He's no kid. he's a little ass prick!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Jun 5 2013, 03:07 PM
am103
Jun 5 2013, 02:31 PM
Daniel: "Besides, our relationship isn't ALL sex."

Jennifer: "Speak for yourself."

Gag. And by the way, JJ, Will Smith's new movie is called After Earth, not After Life. It's the little details that matter, lol.
Well at least Bitchifer Whoreton finally admits that all she cares about is her precious who-ha and riding Dan's glow stick. :x I really hate that they've turned her into a stupid skanky bitch that only cares about getting it on with her greasy boyfriend. The real Jennifer Horton Deveraux is dead and probably gone forever. :shame:
Jenn's no bitch or whore. The bitch or whore would be Kristen Blake DiMera or Anne Milbauer the bitch, she can't be a whore because who'd fuck her??!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jun 5 2013, 03:12 PM
jb1183
Jun 5 2013, 02:39 PM
I don't really care that JJ has been screwing with Daniel the past few weeks, Jennifer should immediately dump his ass for putting his hands on her son like that. What a prick.
Ohhhh to see Jack walk in on that!! I only wish!
Jack wouldn't care if he knew what a prick his son has become! He needs to see a shrink!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic