Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, June 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 06:36 AM (14,825 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 5 2013, 10:22 AM
Ellie
Jun 5 2013, 10:14 AM
lysie
Jun 5 2013, 10:05 AM
Matt
Jun 5 2013, 10:02 AM
My problem with JJ's SORASing is that they seem to have barely SORASed Abby at all. For Pete's sake, she was born on screen in 1992 and she STILL seems to be grouped into that college-aged bracket when she should, by all logic, be regarded as older. I think she even celebrated her 16th birthday in 2004. Of course, you can't really keep Abby the same age distance from JJ (timespans always get compressed with SORASing), she should STILL at least be written as mid-late 20s, not some simpering early-20s ingenue co-ed. I mean, girlfriend is only 5 months to the day YOUNGER than Brady.
Days seriously seems to be stuck in a weird time loop. No one seems to be able to break out of their original age bracket.
Part of the reason for that, I think, is that everyone kind of... looks great. Like, in the 80's, you hardly saw the "older parents" kiss or anything like that. I mean Bill and Susan basically said that Doug and Julie's romantic life was over when Kristian was cast. But there was a shift in that in the late 90's and 00's, when the teen scene started, but the adults still looked great and had romantic storylines. So now, we have Bope, J&M, Jen and Dan (sorry, but...) who are, to their credit, written in the same age group they were 10 years ago. Though they are grandparents and now greatgrandparents, they're still romantic leads. So everyone is kind of stuck generationally, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I think.
I see what you're saying. I definitely think they could do a better job though. I mean, keeping them as romantic leads is kind of ruining them. The current baby story is handling this sort of better but they still treat the vets like they're in their 30s, the 30s like they're 20s, and the 20s like they're teens. I've seen Marlena in enough triangles and romantic angst. I'd like her to do something else. I've seen Sami in enough triangles, wedding mishaps, and baby stories. I just wish they'd let everyone grow up a little bit.
Enough triangles and romantic angst. I'd rather see John and Marlena in a story where they have to face the possibilty of losing each other, and not being able to do anything about it. John gets cancer? Marlena gets cancer, with the whole she-bang. Hairloss, nausea, the whole package. Not some quickie-cancer-crap like Isabella or Johnny. One that affects the family, and where you see the effect on Brady facing the possibility of losing a mom to cancer for the second time, Eric feeling lost because his God is supposed to be good, Belle returns to help, Sami faces things she can't scheme and the hell she's put her mother through, Will losing his best friend... I'm not saying it has to be deathbed-white-as-a-ghost, but the word is powerful, and it happens every day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I think they made EJ too old, but imo, they had to bring him in as a character in his twenties (although he should have been 21ish) because of Belle and Brady. They're the ones who's aging really screwed up Sami's timeline. EJ being around the Black kids' age makes more sense for Jarlena/Kristen's timeline. Although the show has to stop reminding us that Kristen was last in town fifteen years ago.

I don't really care about sorasing as long as the parents are old enough to have older children. I'm glad the show didn't attempt to keep Philip's age in line with Will's etc.
Edited by six, Jun 5 2013, 11:27 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Someone made a Twitter account for baby Arianna Grace

https://twitter.com/AriannaGDAYS

She's currently wondering what's up with Anne Millbauer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jun 5 2013, 11:53 AM
Someone made a Twitter account for baby Arianna Grace

https://twitter.com/AriannaGDAYS

She's currently wondering what's up with Anne Millbauer.
Why do I never think of these this first?
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Alice! Oh, how I miss her.

I really don't have an issue with SORASing. In JJ's case I'm a little peeved that he is so close to Abigail's age when in reality they were born, like, 12 years apart. But, I digress because I'm loving JJ so far. EJ's SORASing is definitely the most dramatic, and basically ruins any chance of us ever seeing Susan again because EJ has been aged so much. Sigh.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Jennifer changed clothes for some reason. I guess she wanted to match with Adrienne.

[edit] Oh, now I remember. Abby helped her pick out an outfit for her date with Daniel.
Edited by Matt, Jun 5 2013, 12:02 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Jen and Adrienne both look really great today!

Oooh... More JJ/Daniel sparring. Count me in!
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

Oh good. For a second, I thought Adrienne was there for another book club meeting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Adrienne looks the best ever today!!! Love the dress!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

....and Adrianne and Jen match!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

I wish I could tell if Stefano was talking about the life support or Rafe's penis, because I'm still not 100% sure. Lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

Everyone on the show is dressed so BRIGHTLY lately.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

JJ's death glare=PERFECTION!!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Are those pajamas Gabi is wearing?
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

I really wonder where they're going to take Nick's character after this story. Per his twitter, he's still filming at the studio.
Edited by cord08, Jun 5 2013, 12:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Arianna Grace Horton... I haven't been this in love with a name on this show since Bo and Hope called Ciara "Doodlebug" for the first however-many months of her life.

Kate (to Sami): "You want all of them, Sami! All of them." LOL @ Kate calling Sami out on the fact that she can't have just one man.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

I thought Sami would spill coffee on herself with all the huff and puff gesturing she was doing.
Edited by elci525, Jun 5 2013, 12:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

What is it with Days and yellow lately? Kristen, Maggie, Rory... It's hard to look at my TV screen with colors so bright!

Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

They're finally letting Parker walk instead of being carried everywhere.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

JUSTICE

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMAwppoCAAAw555.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMAxf54CUAEtOsC.jpg

And now we officially know how old Will and Gabi are. 20.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic