Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Patsy Pease: Return Appearance on the horizon?; Facebook post by Patsy
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 01:33 PM (3,908 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Over the top is not always a bad thing. When everyone else is being bores you need someone to come in and be over the top. She has always gone hard with her scenes, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Kimberly is still a great character and IF Jen Lilley is really playing Jeannie then DAYS could finally be doing something right and using Kimberly and/or Shane to help us care about her. Smart move if that's what they're doing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I actually thought her 08 appearance was the worse of the recent two.

Sounds pretty limited, whatever it is.

Kriss4

I thought her scenes reacting to Victor on the day of Shawn, Sr.'s funeral were good, and true to history in a way that's kind of rare. The show is so inconsistent about respecting history.

Edited by Kriss4, Jun 5 2013, 06:45 PM.

Keith
Member Avatar

In love with this. If Lilley is Jeannie, I'll be ecstatic- though I've mixed reports on her acting.

Kriss4

I'm good with it. Why shouldn't Patsy get a chance to come back, especially if Kimberly's daughter IS being cast? Or even if they're finally explaining what's up with Bo. I think it's TIME for the show to take that step and explain his absence more fully, because what they've done so far isn't going to work for Hope's character.

It does seem like it might be temporary, but that's fine too. Of course, if they're approaching Charlie too, then maybe they'll recur or something.

We shall see.

Keith
Member Avatar

Kim would be a welcome member of the recurring cast, IMO. Bo would be the only Brady sibling not on the show, then (excluding Frankie and Max).

Kriss4

Well, Kayla's my favorite. Always has been. But I love the Brady sibling vibe. I will miss Peter's presence with the return of Patsy, though. The only one who doesn't quite fit is Roman. He fits sometimes, but other times it's not quite natural with Josh in the part.

Now, when Drake played Roman, that was different. He WAS their big brother. I still miss him in that part, and preferred his Roman to John, though I like John.

Keith
Member Avatar

Yeah, I never include Taylor's Roman when i talk about Brady sibs. Or. Excuse me before lysie clears her throat at me. Winston. I always preferred Northrop - but looking back, a large part of me would have loved to see Drake remain as Roman and see how that changed things.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 5 2013, 02:34 PM
My only problem with the Shane/Kim reunion was that it felt extremely rushed. IMO, that could've been an entire storyline (hell, I would've loved to have signed them each for just 6 months to play it out and THEN send them off to wherever), but it was crammed into barely a single episode.
My feeling about that is it could of dragged out a little longer. Even 2-3 more episodes would have been better. I mean we didn't even get a kiss!

Oh ya :wub: Come home Kim!! COME HOME!!

lysie
Member Avatar

I have never liked PP as an actress. I think she's just terrible. In the past, though, I've been excited to see her return just because of her character's relationships on the show. This far ahead, it's hard to be excited about that, but maybe I'll be ready for her by then.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Patsy ranks right up there with some of my all time favorite leading actresses on this show. Her acting and character held the show together when Deidre left the first time in the 80's, and she did some really good work in the very late 80's-early 90's.

Susan Flannery, Susan Hayes, Deidre Hall, Patsy Pease, Eileen Davidson, Louise Sorel, and there are more.....but this list, IMHO, is a list of actresses we have had on this show that really reflect classic soap acting. They are over the top emotionally when they need to be, but also have the ability to be subtle. Days has been really fortunate to have actresses of that caliber.

Now they showcase an actress that shall not be named, who cannot "time" her acting or perfect the soap skill to save her life.

The list above never seemed cardboard, and in their best moments seemed, and still seem, to jump out of the screen right into your living room they are so moving. It's just too bad "Days" standards are now so low after having actresses like this, and two of them still on contract.

Welcome Back Patsy! I would be glad to watch you have multiple personalities again anytime! ;)

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Daysfanatic79
Jun 5 2013, 09:33 PM
Patsy ranks right up there with some of my all time favorite leading actresses on this show. Her acting and character held the show together when Deidre left the first time in the 80's, and she did some really good work in the very late 80's-early 90's.
I don't think either Deidre or Patsy held the show together in the mid-late 80's. Days had an incredibly strong ensemble cast and canvas of stories during many of those years, and so many talented actresses... Kristian Alfonso, Mary Beth Evans, Leann Hunley, so many more.

lysie
Member Avatar

Patsy's acting actually reminds me a lot of Sweeney's...

Ellie

Not to take away from this discussion, which I think is interesting, but imo we should remember that this writing team seems to like token appearances from past cast members. I'm not even sure what the point is. Jamie Lyn Bauer came on to serve tea to Jennifer and hear about Dan. Patsy didn't say what the nature of the appearance is - she might not even know - but I'm afraid it might be a 3 scene appearance to hear Hope say she hopes Bo returns soon. I hope I'm wrong!

As for her acting - eh. I feel like her acting has gone way downhill since the 80's. She just doesn't have that compelling nature she had then. She was one of those whose eyes could draw you into a scene, but that's not the case anymore.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I love this news!

james0479
Member Avatar

To hear different opinions on Patsy Pease from longtime fans is interesting. It's cool seeing how different people see the same actress. For me, I'm thrilled. When I first starting watching the show (and I started watching after seeing a commercial about Marlena and I was curious and got hooked. So Deidre actually hooked me!), Patsy Pease's Kimberly was someone I latched on to. I missed her when she wasn't featured on a certain day. I find her acting to be old school soap opera acting. OTT when it needs to be....ya can't say Patsy isn't feeling the material when she gets in that zone. It's like watching a firecracker hit a blaze and she shoots off. That's just how I'VE always seen it to be. I, like some others here, thought she put her heart soul and guts into that scene someone posted on her last run. There's no way it was easy for an actress to perform what should've been a years worth of story in less than a full episode but she did it! Welcome Home Patsy!!!! Stick around. Please.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

james0479
Jun 6 2013, 01:40 PM
To hear different opinions on Patsy Pease from longtime fans is interesting. It's cool seeing how different people see the same actress. For me, I'm thrilled. When I first starting watching the show (and I started watching after seeing a commercial about Marlena and I was curious and got hooked. So Deidre actually hooked me!), Patsy Pease's Kimberly was someone I latched on to. I missed her when she wasn't featured on a certain day. I find her acting to be old school soap opera acting. OTT when it needs to be....ya can't say Patsy isn't feeling the material when she gets in that zone. It's like watching a firecracker hit a blaze and she shoots off. That's just how I'VE always seen it to be. I, like some others here, thought she put her heart soul and guts into that scene someone posted on her last run. There's no way it was easy for an actress to perform what should've been a years worth of story in less than a full episode but she did it! Welcome Home Patsy!!!! Stick around. Please.
This is a perfect post. :cheers:

james0479
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jun 6 2013, 01:50 PM
james0479
This is a perfect post. :cheers:
:) thanks. I'm excited...if ya couldn't already tell. I adore Patsy and pray she sticks around

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I think Patsy's acting is smarter than Ali's. She can overact, for sure, but she goes for choices that show higher degree of emotional understanding, IMO. Anyway I think that lack of writing was part of Patsy's problem the last time, but also in combination with her own tendencies: she kinda tried to make too much out of too little. But it's an understandable desire though, she wanted to make the time count and I always give at least one star for ambition.

Soaps used to just be a lot stagier and more theatrical in style, that's why a lot of the older actors' styles feel jarring now. Still they didn't just bluster for no reason. While Patsy's recent appearances did make me cringe sometimes, I think she's still talented. But I think it'll be another short appearance and she won't have much to do anyway so it's kinda moot.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

james0479
Very well posted & completely agree!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply