Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD online: DAYS Casting Two New Roles
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 03:53 PM (5,364 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

DAYS has put out a casting call for two contract roles: Ben, who is in his early to mid 20s, is described as a gorgeous, Caucasian country boy, either midwestern or Southern. He is "utterly charming in his honest sincere approach to life and love." The show would ideally like to find someone who plays a guitar and asks potential candidates to indicate if they can sing or play an instrument. The second character is Sabrina, a 17 to 18-year-old gorgeous Caucasian female who is a shy, quiet innocent with a heart of gold.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-two-new-roles

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Sabrina sounds insufferable.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Please just focus on the current cast instead of looking for newbies.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Jun 5 2013, 04:00 PM
Please just focus on the current cast instead of looking for newbies.
They write the current adult cast like teenagers anyway. They might as well write for the younger generation.

Carly
Member Avatar

I wonder if Sabrina is Joy Wesley? She could be a love interest for JJ. (Jen would totally freak out if Chloe's sister began dating JJ!) Plus, Nadia Bjorlin is briefly returning to DAYS, so maybe Chloe is helping Joy get settled in Salem.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Are there going to be some cast departures soon? Casey Diedrick is rumored as possibly leaving. This is 5 new contract roles including JJ and the new Stause and Lilley upcoming roles.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Jun 5 2013, 04:08 PM
Are there going to be some cast departures soon? Casey Diedrick is rumored as possibly leaving. This is 5 new contract roles including JJ and the new Stause and Lilley upcoming roles.
I don't know if they need to fire anyone. Isn't Days one of the most under-casted soaps on right now?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Man, I wish they'd just make T a consistent character rather than adding a new mid-20s male. I love the actor who plays him.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Reading the description for Sabrina, I can't get Jordan Lane Price's Celia from AMC out if my head. Same exact character.

Can we please not add to the cast until Dattillo and Hogestyn are working consistently?

jam6242
Member Avatar

The guitar-playing country boy sounds like Woody from the early 80s. Are they going to have music on the show again? Where would he play?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I hate Ben already. Also, would it kill them to add some diversity?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

six
Jun 5 2013, 04:32 PM
I love Ben. I already imagine him as Garret Hedlund's character in "Country Strong" :cloud9:

And yes, I think it would actually kill them to add diversity to the cast. I hate how a majority of the casting calls are for 'Caucasian" actors and then often times the actor they choose is terrible. I think they're limiting their acting pool by not casting for all races.

lachelle73

Panda Panda
Jun 5 2013, 04:43 PM
six
I love Ben. I already imagine him as Garret Hedlund's character in "Country Strong" :cloud9:

And yes, I think it would actually kill them to add diversity to the cast. I hate how a majority of the casting calls are for 'Caucasian" actors and then often times the actor they choose is terrible. I think they're limiting their acting pool by not casting for all races.
Couldn't agree more they need to bring on some African American females to the show. I could see Brady or Eric with an AA female or even Chad for that matter if he and Abby don't work out. They need to add some diversity Cam is not cutting it alone, and where is Abe and Theo they are hardly seen at all.

Pookie
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jun 5 2013, 04:29 PM
The guitar-playing country boy sounds like Woody from the early 80s. Are they going to have music on the show again? Where would he play?
The coffee house of course! Maybe some of Sonny's new ideas for the business is to add a stage and to have regular performers - like Central Perk on Friends.

Pookie
Member Avatar

lachelle73
Jun 5 2013, 04:53 PM
Panda Panda
six

Couldn't agree more they need to bring on some African American females to the show. I could see Brady or Eric with an AA female or even Chad for that matter if he and Abby don't work out. They need to add some diversity Cam is not cutting it alone, and where is Abe and Theo they are hardly seen at all.
THANK YOU! Where are the sistah's!?

I still think Eric's "friend" Neema from the Congo should show up in Salem.

michr544125

tomsawyer
Jun 5 2013, 04:11 PM
Man, I wish they'd just make T a consistent character rather than adding a new mid-20s male. I love the actor who plays him.
I totally agree with this. Brendan Coughlin is a great actor and Tad is fun to watch. Why can't they just use him instead of hiring newbies?

Kriss4

I'd love for them to recast Stephanie.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jun 5 2013, 05:09 PM
lachelle73
Jun 5 2013, 04:53 PM
Panda Panda
six

THANK YOU! Where are the sistah's!?

I still think Eric's "friend" Neema from the Congo should show up in Salem.
Stefano's special "friend" Cecil needs to make another appearance.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

michr544125
Jun 5 2013, 05:11 PM
tomsawyer
Jun 5 2013, 04:11 PM
I totally agree with this. Brendan Coughlin is a great actor and Tad is fun to watch. Why can't they just use him instead of hiring newbies?
I know, right? He fits the age demographic. He's already integrated in the 20s group. He isn't related to anybody so he could be paired with anybody. Just use him!!!!

Ellie

Kriss4
Jun 5 2013, 05:14 PM
I'd love for them to recast Stephanie.
For some reason I think they wouldn't do that without bringing back others from that age group. I would too though - I know it's unpopular but I didn't think Shelley Hennig was a great actress.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply