Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD online: DAYS Casting Two New Roles
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 03:53 PM (5,275 Views)
salempc
Member Avatar

"Ben" could be one of Justin & Adrienne's sons. Justin can sing, and play the guitar. Maybe it's Alexander. Of course if he shows up I'll want Anjelica back. Too bad Jane Elliot is tied up at GH.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

They never understand why their princess falls...
For some camoflague britches and a southern boy drawl...

Or why she's riding in the middle of his pickup truck
Blaring Charlie Daniels, yelling "turn it up"
They raised her up a lady, but there's one thing they couldn't avoid
Ladies love Country Boys!

- Trace Adkins

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Sabrina sounds like a younger version of General Hospital's Sabrina. Seriously. Ben sounds like a bore to me. It usually ends up being some super lame reason for people to sing. I would chalk this up to summer time casting but summer will be over so I'm not sure how I feel about this. As always I hope there are some type of connections to the canvas and if not these need to be strong actors. Sabrina is probably for JJ.

Carly
Member Avatar

salempc
Jun 5 2013, 05:26 PM
"Ben" could be one of Justin & Adrienne's sons. Justin can sing, and play the guitar. Maybe it's Alexander. Of course if he shows up I'll want Anjelica back. Too bad Jane Elliot is tied up at GH.
Oooh, I like this theory! And it fits with the character's description. Justin and Adrienne moved to Texas after leaving Salem in 1991, and "Ben" is described as being "either midwestern or Southern." (Granted, Sonny doesn't have a Southern accent, but maybe Alexander spent a lot of time in the Southern states with his mom Anjelica.)

La_Laa

I hope Ben is gay. A new guy in town who comes between Wilson. I love it!

dawn9476

If Days wants a Sabrina, I would gladly give them GH's.

dawn9476

salempc
Could be. And Sabrina is probably his love interest.

camera shy

lachelle73
Jun 5 2013, 04:53 PM
Panda Panda
Jun 5 2013, 04:43 PM
six
Jun 5 2013, 04:32 PM
I hate Ben already. Also, would it kill them to add some diversity?
I love Ben. I already imagine him as Garret Hedlund's character in "Country Strong" :cloud9:

And yes, I think it would actually kill them to add diversity to the cast. I hate how a majority of the casting calls are for 'Caucasian" actors and then often times the actor they choose is terrible. I think they're limiting their acting pool by not casting for all races.
Couldn't agree more they need to bring on some African American females to the show. I could see Brady or Eric with an AA female or even Chad for that matter if he and Abby don't work out. They need to add some diversity Cam is not cutting it alone, and where is Abe and Theo they are hardly seen at all.
I agree. If these are brand new characters then they could be of any race or ethnic background. Why just limit them to white? And I read that CS is part Japanese and part Spanish and it would be nice if that was also her character's background on the show and it was mention.
Edited by camera shy, Jun 5 2013, 06:17 PM.

camera shy

Pookie
Jun 5 2013, 05:09 PM
lachelle73
Jun 5 2013, 04:53 PM
Panda Panda
Jun 5 2013, 04:43 PM
six
Jun 5 2013, 04:32 PM
I hate Ben already. Also, would it kill them to add some diversity?
I love Ben. I already imagine him as Garret Hedlund's character in "Country Strong" :cloud9:

And yes, I think it would actually kill them to add diversity to the cast. I hate how a majority of the casting calls are for 'Caucasian" actors and then often times the actor they choose is terrible. I think they're limiting their acting pool by not casting for all races.
Couldn't agree more they need to bring on some African American females to the show. I could see Brady or Eric with an AA female or even Chad for that matter if he and Abby don't work out. They need to add some diversity Cam is not cutting it alone, and where is Abe and Theo they are hardly seen at all.
THANK YOU! Where are the sistah's!?

I still think Eric's "friend" Neema from the Congo should show up in Salem.
Remember the beautiful black nurse who told EJ that his son with Nicole had died? And not too long ago Marlena had a scene with a beautiful young black woman who I think was her secretary. Both of these actresses would have fitted in beautifully on the show.

Keith
Member Avatar

I think part of the reason DAYS rarely casts non-Caucasians has something to do with the fact that Salem is supposedly a midwestern town and would be predominantly white versus a more urban environment. I do agree for the need for more diversity, but that coupled with being owned by old white men...lol

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Why does Ben sound like a possible recast for Will with a new spin on the character to fit the new actor? There's no way Chandler is sticking around once his contract is up later this year, especially if Casey doesn't renew his contract this month.

michr544125

La_Laa
Jun 5 2013, 05:57 PM
I hope Ben is gay. A new guy in town who comes between Wilson. I love it!
I hope this comes out the right way but on a casting call for a gay character don't they often put that in the casting call, or no since some actors are not willing to play gay characters? That is why I always assume none of thees new characters are gay. I really want Sonny's ex to be cast.
Edited by michr544125, Jun 5 2013, 07:01 PM.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

must every show have a Sabrina, Gh has one too. Gh also have a Rafe. Must be freaking popular names for soap people.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jun 5 2013, 06:46 PM
Why does Ben sound like a possible recast for Will with a new spin on the character to fit the new actor? There's no way Chandler is sticking around once his contract is up later this year, especially if Casey doesn't renew his contract this month.
LOL, I wonder how they would spin Will into being "southern"

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

They can barely write for characters they do have,they don't need anymore charcter's.

natdot99
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jun 5 2013, 05:50 PM
Sabrina sounds like a younger version of General Hospital's Sabrina. Seriously. Ben sounds like a bore to me. It usually ends up being some super lame reason for people to sing. I would chalk this up to summer time casting but summer will be over so I'm not sure how I feel about this. As always I hope there are some type of connections to the canvas and if not these need to be strong actors. Sabrina is probably for JJ.

dawn9476
Jun 5 2013, 06:03 PM
If Days wants a Sabrina, I would gladly give them GH's.

LucasHortonFan
Jun 5 2013, 06:57 PM
must every show have a Sabrina, Gh has one too. Gh also have a Rafe. Must be freaking popular names for soap people.

A Sabrina character being written for DOOL, poor viewers. Little do they know every character will prop her. :shrug:

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 5 2013, 07:03 PM
LonePirate
Jun 5 2013, 06:46 PM
LOL, I wonder how they would spin Will into being "southern"
Considering Chandler is southern, it wouldn't be too difficult.

Pookie
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jun 5 2013, 07:05 PM
They can barely write for characters they do have,they don't need anymore charcter's.
Or maybe new characters will help breath new life into existing characters and their storylines. At the very least they need to improve the dating pool in Salem. Almost everyone is related to each other. And if the aren't related, they've probably already banged them. Some fresh meat couldn't hurt. And aren't most of you complaining about the re-hashing of storylines and love triangles, etc...?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Yeah, Salem needs some new blood or else inbreeding will be the new hot storyline. Honestly, I would prefer Days focus on the vets and bring in characters for them but so far the writing for the vets has been horrid. It's best to keep them from that misery and let the younger crowd act like immature idiots.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

salempc
I'm sure Judith Chapman is available since she's not on contract at Y&R... :whistle:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply