Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD online: DAYS Casting Two New Roles
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 03:53 PM (5,497 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jun 5 2013, 07:20 PM
BalscoFan5
Jun 5 2013, 07:05 PM
They can barely write for characters they do have,they don't need anymore charcter's.
Or maybe new characters will help breath new life into existing characters and their storylines. At the very least they need to improve the dating pool in Salem. Almost everyone is related to each other. And if the aren't related, they've probably already banged them. Some fresh meat couldn't hurt. And aren't most of you complaining about the re-hashing of storylines and love triangles, etc...?
Possibly. I know my biggest complaint is not the rehashing of old stories, but the fact that I think actors currently on the canvas are not being utilized as they should be, or that vets are not being given quality writing. And some of these tired story-lines and triangles might happen regardless, given the core set of characters that still get tremendous play. But maybe new characters might inject something into something - change could be good.

And yes - t'would be good to avoid inbreeding if possible. Although what I think the show needs more than most things is another female in Nicole/Sami's age group.

I am not too excited about either of these casting calls. I am guessing Sabrina might be brought into to be part of JJ's storyline somewhere somehow. Anytime "heart of gold" is used in a description though....... :eyeroll: I wonder about the guitar-playing dreamboat and his role in the 20s sect.
Edited by elci525, Jun 5 2013, 08:10 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

Why do they KEEP adding more characters that people will hate anyway. Like I would RATHER see THEM than the ones who have been in the show for DECADES...Seriously?

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I was thinking Joey Kiriakis for that "Ben" character. Joey's Bio parents is JJ and Stanley. JJ was Alexander's nanny that came back and Justin and Adrienne adopted them both. I had always hoped that Alexander would come back but an Alexander that would be a gray character...not nice all of the time.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

What happened to the casting call that went out for a hot young male, either Caucasion or Hispanic in his late 20's? Did they ever cast that role or was it dropped? That also was a contract role.

susyQusie
Member Avatar

Could be Andrew and Jeannie Donovan if Jen lily is not playing Jeannie that is.. I am ALL for that! Finally!

ShaneDOOLFan

Maybe this guy is Andrew Donovan?

am103
Member Avatar

I would LOVE for the guy to end up being Andrew Donovan. Get rid of Cameron and Chad and let Abigail be with Andrew. I love the idea of the children of supercouples being together - perhaps why I loved Shawn and Belle so much. There's just something about the son of one supercouple and the daughter of another supercouple falling in love that is so soapy. That's why I love Sonny and Will together so much. Justin and Adrienne's son falling for Lucas and Sami's? Perfection.

The female character sounds like a total bore. They may as well bring Mia back and just call it a day.

chinkybig

Angie79
Jun 5 2013, 03:53 PM
DAYS has put out a casting call for two contract roles: Ben, who is in his early to mid 20s, is described as a gorgeous, Caucasian country boy, either midwestern or Southern. He is "utterly charming in his honest sincere approach to life and love." The show would ideally like to find someone who plays a guitar and asks potential candidates to indicate if they can sing or play an instrument. The second character is Sabrina, a 17 to 18-year-old gorgeous Caucasian female who is a shy, quiet innocent with a heart of gold.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-two-new-roles

:facepalm: Is Days of our Lives trying to revive the 90s show California Dreams? I loved that show as a kid, but that ship has long sailed away. :blulaugh:

It's gonna be one long summer of suck. Next!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

LonePirate
Jun 5 2013, 07:19 PM
Panda Panda
Jun 5 2013, 07:03 PM
LonePirate
Jun 5 2013, 06:46 PM
Why does Ben sound like a possible recast for Will with a new spin on the character to fit the new actor? There's no way Chandler is sticking around once his contract is up later this year, especially if Casey doesn't renew his contract this month.
LOL, I wonder how they would spin Will into being "southern"
Considering Chandler is southern, it wouldn't be too difficult.
Yeah Chandler is...Will isn't. They're playing characters, not themselves...

lachelle73

La_Laa
Jun 5 2013, 05:57 PM
I hope Ben is gay. A new guy in town who comes between Wilson. I love it!
No, no we don't need anyone coming between WilSon again we had enough of that with Brian. But if he did who would they have him go for Will or Sonny? Probaby Sonny since Will is going to be busy with the baby. But I hope they don't break them up again, NO!!!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

No more newbies!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Miss Rhi
Jun 5 2013, 07:36 PM
salempc
Jun 5 2013, 05:26 PM
"Ben" could be one of Justin & Adrienne's sons. Justin can sing, and play the guitar. Maybe it's Alexander. Of course if he shows up I'll want Anjelica back. Too bad Jane Elliot is tied up at GH.
I'm sure Judith Chapman is available since she's not on contract at Y&R... :whistle:

I wouldn't mind that at all.

jdawg1077

So at this rate, if they go ahead with these characters, we can expect them to air early next year lol. I think whoever said that Sabrina could be Joy is spot on. She'll be the right age for JJ. As for the southern boy, I have no clue who that might be, so I guess it would be a new character altogether.

lovetoloveya

I roll my eyes everything I come to a DAYS casting thread and I already know its for a beautiful or gorgeous caucasian

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 5 2013, 06:38 PM
I think part of the reason DAYS rarely casts non-Caucasians has something to do with the fact that Salem is supposedly a midwestern town and would be predominantly white versus a more urban environment. I do agree for the need for more diversity, but that coupled with being owned by old white men...lol
I grew up in a midwestern town and it was way more diverse than Days XD Not only black people but *gasp* Asians and Latinos (oh my!).

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

DesignatedShelley
Jun 6 2013, 02:33 PM
Keith
I think part of the reason DAYS rarely casts non-Caucasians has something to do with the fact that Salem is supposedly a midwestern town and would be predominantly white versus a more urban environment. I do agree for the need for more diversity, but that coupled with being owned by old white men...lol
I grew up in a midwestern town and it was way more diverse than Days XD Not only black people but *gasp* Asians and Latinos (oh my!).
lmao, yeah DAYS couldn't really use that excuse if they tried.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm pretty sure from the network perspective Days is overly-diverse. You have homosexuals and Latinos (helpfully grouped into the same story so you can skip them all if you want). There are a couple Black people floating around. Heck, there's probably as much diversity on Days as there is on NBC more generally (excluding their reality shows).

I'm looking forward to new characters, characters that the writers won't destroy because they hate them (see: John Black). I'm also looking forward to people with hearts of gold because they get boring really fast, and they usually portend the entrance of someone more entertaining who has a heart of, um, not gold.

La_Laa

lachelle73
Jun 6 2013, 07:41 AM
La_Laa
Jun 5 2013, 05:57 PM
I hope Ben is gay. A new guy in town who comes between Wilson. I love it!
No, no we don't need anyone coming between WilSon again we had enough of that with Brian. But if he did who would they have him go for Will or Sonny? Probaby Sonny since Will is going to be busy with the baby. But I hope they don't break them up again, NO!!!
I just want more my Wilson. That would be a good opportunity. They're the only couple I'm invested in. All these straight couples bore me tears.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

JJ needs a love interest, but I was hoping they'd find him a partner in crime rather than a sweet virgin to save his soul. Never seen that plot before.

As for the cowboy, I was hoping we'd get Sonny's big brother Alex.

blueskies
Member Avatar

DesignatedShelley
Jun 6 2013, 02:33 PM
Keith
i did too but it was 98.5% white, lol. Honestly I don't care about how "realistic" it is though, I greatly loved the diversity on Passions. It added a lot to the show. But really it showed that no matter the outer differences, everyone was the same and that's how JER wrote them. Although admittedly I couldn't help but laugh every time Rebecca referred to Theresa as "taco-sita" (so wrong but also too funny; granted i'm not sure that would transfer outside of Passions).

Days needs to better integrate everyone. I'm still upset they wasted Lexie like they did.
Edited by blueskies, Jun 6 2013, 05:31 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply