Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD online: DAYS Casting Two New Roles
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 03:53 PM (5,359 Views)
Sickofsami

Instead of hiring new characters, why don't they write for the people on set?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

I think it's funny that all of the new roles are always 'gorgeous'.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jun 8 2013, 12:47 PM
I think it's funny that all of the new roles are always 'gorgeous'.
I know, right? Can't we get an average looking, chubbier 20-something black woman up in here? Mostly so I can go audition. :whistle:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

px780
Jun 6 2013, 02:43 PM
I'm pretty sure from the network perspective Days is overly-diverse. You have homosexuals and Latinos (helpfully grouped into the same story so you can skip them all if you want). There are a couple Black people floating around. Heck, there's probably as much diversity on Days as there is on NBC more generally (excluding their reality shows).

I'm looking forward to new characters, characters that the writers won't destroy because they hate them (see: John Black). I'm also looking forward to people with hearts of gold because they get boring really fast, and they usually portend the entrance of someone more entertaining who has a heart of, um, not gold.
I don't think they consider Latino as diverse. Which is insane.

quesla

i don't think that 1 latino and 1 black on contract or recurring can be called diverse. and using actors who's races are harder to identify doesn't work either. its insulting. they can't write for the Caucasians on the show. Maybe they shouldn't be concerned with race age or gender just good writing storytelling.

Kriss4

Grandpa Hughes
Jun 6 2013, 10:34 AM
Miss Rhi
Jun 5 2013, 07:36 PM
salempc
Jun 5 2013, 05:26 PM
"Ben" could be one of Justin & Adrienne's sons. Justin can sing, and play the guitar. Maybe it's Alexander. Of course if he shows up I'll want Anjelica back. Too bad Jane Elliot is tied up at GH.
I'm sure Judith Chapman is available since she's not on contract at Y&R... :whistle:

I wouldn't mind that at all.
I would love to have Angelica back, and I think they should cast Alexander Kiriakis.

Think about it. Justin and Adrienne have raised him, and maybe he has mixed feelings about Adrienne having stepped in to be his mother, and he wishes he knew his biological mother. Angelica Deveraux comes to town and wants to know him. He wants to know her too. That would make things tough on Adrienne and on Justin too.

Angelica never did really like Adrienne. What started out as a fun affair with Justin became more for her, but not for him. Once he met Adrienne that was it for him. Angelica didn't like that, especially after Harper went crazy, and a married Justin and Adrienne were having problems. At that point, she had hopes that Justin would turn to her, but he never did. I think the last thing she said to baby Alexander was to please not call Adrienne mommy.

Not only that, but I always think she'd have something to say to Jennifer. Angelica raised Jack from the time he was a boy...maybe 9 years old. She loved Jack. So I wonder how she'd react to find out how quickly Jennifer moved on to Daniel after Jack's death. She might also feel connected to Jack's son, who's probably a lot like him.

She has all kinds of connections to the current cast.

Cathalina

Pookie
Jun 5 2013, 05:08 PM
jam6242
Jun 5 2013, 04:29 PM
The guitar-playing country boy sounds like Woody from the early 80s. Are they going to have music on the show again? Where would he play?
The coffee house of course! Maybe some of Sonny's new ideas for the business is to add a stage and to have regular performers - like Central Perk on Friends.
Thanks...now I have "Smelly cat" stuck in my head.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jun 8 2013, 02:36 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Miss Rhi
salempc
Jun 5 2013, 05:26 PM
"Ben" could be one of Justin & Adrienne's sons. Justin can sing, and play the guitar. Maybe it's Alexander. Of course if he shows up I'll want Anjelica back. Too bad Jane Elliot is tied up at GH.
I'm sure Judith Chapman is available since she's not on contract at Y&R... :whistle:

I would love to have Angelica back, and I think they should cast Alexander Kiriakis.

Think about it. Justin and Adrienne have raised him, and maybe he has mixed feelings about Adrienne having stepped in to be his mother, and he wishes he knew his biological mother. Angelica Deveraux comes to town and wants to know him. He wants to know her too. That would make things tough on Adrienne and on Justin too.

Angelica never did really like Adrienne. What started out as a fun affair with Justin became more for her, but not for him. Once he met Adrienne that was it for him. Angelica didn't like that, especially after Harper went crazy, and a married Justin and Adrienne were having problems. At that point, she had hopes that Justin would turn to her, but he never did. I think the last thing she said to baby Alexander was to please not call Adrienne mommy.

Not only that, but I always think she'd have something to say to Jennifer. Angelica raised Jack from the time he was a boy...maybe 9 years old. She loved Jack. So I wonder how she'd react to find out how quickly Jennifer moved on to Daniel after Jack's death. She might also feel connected to Jack's son, who's probably a lot like him.

What you've described is amazing. JJ could be involved because he could finally have a "grandmother" who loved and missed his father and he seems to need that.

There's so much potential storyline here.

michr544125

Honeybees
Jun 9 2013, 05:28 AM
Kriss4
Grandpa Hughes
Miss Rhi

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

What you've described is amazing. JJ could be involved because he could finally have a "grandmother" who loved and missed his father and he seems to need that.

As much as I'd Iove Alex back, the casting call doesn't seem like to be him. The age of 20-25 seems way too low for Alex since that is already the age of Sonny and Alex is supposed to be older than him.

Hard to tell with these casting calls. Is this in addition to that tall guy that sounds like a Chad recast? Or was that dropped and these are different ones? Some people say this guy sounds like Will but Chandler's contract isn't even up until December so I doubt that one. And I am not sure how Will is southern. I hope this guy is somebody to come between Will and Sonny if the characters stay as is right now. But I'd find it super unrealistic for any guy that age to fall for Will with him tied down to a baby that is a result of him sleeping with his ex girlfriend when he was already out. I hope since Brian didn't last long it may be somebody that makes Sonny reconsider being tied down so young in his life to to a child. They do have to start thinking ahead to what if CM doesn't re-sign. Even without that, Will and Sonny can't continue for months being a happy couple together. The has backburner written all over it. I like Will and Sonny but I fear them becoming way too dry and boring coming up with not much story potential since there is no custody battle.

There are way too man straight guys and not enough girls. Chad, Cameron, JJ, Nick. And there is only Abby and Gabby for the girls. Then again unsure what age group Jen Lill's character fits.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

michr544125
Jun 9 2013, 08:21 AM
Honeybees
Jun 9 2013, 05:28 AM
Kriss4
Grandpa Hughes

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

As much as I'd Iove Alex back, the casting call doesn't seem like to be him. The age of 20-25 seems way too low for Alex since that is already the age of Sonny and Alex is supposed to be older than him.

Hard to tell with these casting calls. Is this in addition to that tall guy that sounds like a Chad recast? Or was that dropped and these are different ones? Some people say this guy sounds like Will but Chandler's contract isn't even up until December so I doubt that one. And I am not sure how Will is southern. I hope this guy is somebody to come between Will and Sonny if the characters stay as is right now. But I'd find it super unrealistic for any guy that age to fall for Will with him tied down to a baby that is a result of him sleeping with his ex girlfriend when he was already out. I hope since Brian didn't last long it may be somebody that makes Sonny reconsider being tied down so young in his life to to a child. They do have to start thinking ahead to what if CM doesn't re-sign. Even without that, Will and Sonny can't continue for months being a happy couple together. The has backburner written all over it. I like Will and Sonny but I fear them becoming way too dry and boring coming up with not much story potential since there is no custody battle.

There are way too man straight guys and not enough girls. Chad, Cameron, JJ, Nick. And there is only Abby and Gabby for the girls. Then again unsure what age group Jen Lill's character fits.
I think Wilson drama will come from Adrianne give the video to police and I do not think days cable to write drama to Wilson the break up lasted like month and will baby story had more focus on sami than will

tylerbo20

you know what sucks is when JJ will become friends with Daniel and buddy buddy because thats what will happen...JJ will get so bad then he will have a turning point and probably be the best man at daniel/jen's wedding makes me sick...

camera shy

blueskies
Jun 6 2013, 05:30 PM
DesignatedShelley
Jun 6 2013, 02:33 PM
Keith
Jun 5 2013, 06:38 PM
I think part of the reason DAYS rarely casts non-Caucasians has something to do with the fact that Salem is supposedly a midwestern town and would be predominantly white versus a more urban environment. I do agree for the need for more diversity, but that coupled with being owned by old white men...lol
I grew up in a midwestern town and it was way more diverse than Days XD Not only black people but *gasp* Asians and Latinos (oh my!).
i did too but it was 98.5% white, lol. Honestly I don't care about how "realistic" it is though, I greatly loved the diversity on Passions. It added a lot to the show. But really it showed that no matter the outer differences, everyone was the same and that's how JER wrote them. Although admittedly I couldn't help but laugh every time Rebecca referred to Theresa as "taco-sita" (so wrong but also too funny; granted i'm not sure that would transfer outside of Passions).

Days needs to better integrate everyone. I'm still upset they wasted Lexie like they did.
God, I hated how Lexie was never allowed to move on from boring, old Abe because they were both black and Days' token black couple.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply