Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of June 17th; *updated 6/10*
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 07:44 PM (29,834 Views)
S loves EJ

TreasureCove
Jun 15 2013, 04:57 PM
S loves EJ
Jun 15 2013, 04:51 PM
TreasureCove
Jun 15 2013, 04:49 PM
S loves EJ
Jun 15 2013, 03:56 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
The rape didn't make the ratings go down, they went down months later when the writers tried to turn it into a romance

Because the Ejami fans demanded it or they would have lost them as viewers instead.
And ratings plummeted because the show tried to please one fanbase, instead of writing stories that made sense and appealed to everybody.

Iīm not sure how many Ejami fans that are willingly to settled for less than Ejami. I know I could like EJ with someone else since I have liked Ejole, Ejanna and Ejaylor too, even if I have mayor doubts now about Ejole having enough chemistry or not. And yes chemistry is subjected but other cast members have said that JS and AS has a really unique chemistry and so have the actors.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

To me EJ and Sami have better chemistry when they are fighting against each other not when they are on the same team.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fairygodmother

Cast members generally say whatever pimps the show and the producers' objectives. Do not bite the hand that feeds you.

Ejami, especially Sami, have been the producers' goals and major DOOL marketing for quite some time.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
TreasureCove
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi
Jun 15 2013, 01:15 PM
Santo and Colleen, he overexposure of JS and AS and veteran characters sitting around supporting that ridiculous story by reading Italian letters back in the summer of 2007, had Days hitting all time lows that summer...that story sucked royal ass

Iīm not sure if the person saying Ejami turns crappy writhing into gold meant ratings or if she/he meant that those who love Ejami finds Ejami gold in itself. The ratings did went down to 2.0-2.1 during the summer of 2007 I checked which I guess was low then, but they really hit all time low with the Rafe2 storyline and 1.6-1.7 numbers. Still I donīt think the ratings went down because the Santos/colleen storyline was bad but because of the rape, since I think most Ejami fans liked the storyline, which proves my point that the rape was bad writhing since it made the ratings go down.
The rape didn't make the ratings go down, they went down months later when the writers tried to turn it into a romance

Because the Ejami fans demanded it or they would have lost them as viewers instead.
Why should care for ej and sami fans they might lose these viewing and yet careless about fanbases which were much bigger

S loves EJ

Fairygodmother
Jun 15 2013, 05:20 PM
Cast members generally say whatever pimps the show and the producers' objectives. Do not bite the hand that feeds you.

Ejami, especially Sami, have been the producers' goals and major DOOL marketing for quite some time.

I saw this clip on the internet before when AS was asking JS what the difference between him and EJ and he said that EJ was a bit of a prick, and she was sitting in his lap and laughing and she said totally but he is still sexy. You could tell from that clip how good chemistry they have but I donīt know how to find it I have been looking for it.

Partnersincrime
Jun 15 2013, 05:22 PM
S loves EJ
TreasureCove
S loves EJ

Why should care for ej and sami fans they might lose these viewing and yet careless about fanbases which were much bigger

I donīt know if anyone know how big Ejami fanbase is/were vs Lumis, but if I were a writher I would have writhe what was best ratingwise and for the biggest fanbase. I think however both Ejami and Lumi had big fanbases and that the writhers has made mistakes with both of them they should try to keep as many viewers as possible. I think firing BD was a mistakes since they lost viewers because of it. It might be easier to writhe for EJīs character though since he is a Dimera and more complex character, but I think they should writhe for Lucas more.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 15 2013, 05:39 PM
Fairygodmother
Jun 15 2013, 05:20 PM

I saw this clip on the internet before when AS was asking JS what the difference between him and EJ and he said that EJ was a bit of a prick, and she was sitting in his lap and laughing and she said totally but he is still sexy. You could tell from that clip how good chemistry they have but I donīt know how to find it I have been looking for it.

Partnersincrime
Jun 15 2013, 05:22 PM
S loves EJ
TreasureCove

I donīt know if anyone know how big Ejami fanbase is/were vs Lumis, but if I were a writher I would have writhe what was best ratingwise and for the biggest fanbase. I think however both Ejami and Lumi had big fanbases and that the writhers has made mistakes with both of them they should try to keep as many viewers as possible. I think firing BD was a mistakes since they lost viewers because of it. It might be easier to writhe for EJīs character though since he is a Dimera and more complex character, but I think they should writhe for Lucas more.
Jarlena proved that they were rating golf and yet on 2007 they were backburn and john put on coma.they never cared who bring rating and big fanbase but who is cheaper to use

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

I meant gold not golf damm phone

S loves EJ

Ejami would have been rating gold if it werenīt for the rape. Plus most Ejamis are probably formerly Lumis, that wouldnīt settled for Lumi again once they got a taste of Ejami. So just because Lumi worked rating wise before Ejami doesnīt mean they would after.
Edited by S loves EJ, Jun 15 2013, 05:59 PM.

MissLola
Member Avatar

I am not sure what the point of all this is. Those that love Ejami will continue to love them. Those that hate them will continue to hate them. Those that don't really give a shit will also continue on that path.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 15 2013, 05:53 PM
Ejami would have been rating gold if it werenīt for the rape. Plus most Ejamis are probably formerly Lumis, that wouldnīt settled for Lumi again once they got a taste of Ejami. So just because Lumi worked rating wise before Ejami doesnīt mean they would after.
I don't know why you would think that. There is still a huge Lumi fanbase.

Dee-anne

Laufeyson
Jun 15 2013, 03:09 PM
For me stories are only as good as the writers and right now we have sucky stories and even worse writers. And as much as I have lowered my bar, I refuse to give another inch. I am sick of all this bed-hoping while portraying women as weak and all in need of a man to fulfill their lives. If bed-hoping is all they've got, at least stop making the women so desperate and needy.
ITA

I don't like the way they write the men either. They are not making them appealing. They are all weak, dumb and lack integrity. The ones they haven't emasculated are the ones they hardly write for, like Victor, Abe, Justin. but come to think of it. They hardly wrote for John, but they still managed to take away his integrity and turned him stupid.

S loves EJ

MissLola
Jun 15 2013, 05:58 PM
I am not sure what the point of all this is. Those that love Ejami will continue to love them. Those that hate them will continue to hate them. Those that don't really give a shit will also continue on that path.

i want to winn the marathon. :D no seriously we probably should stop we have gotten of topic of this thread.

MissLola
Member Avatar

:facepalm:

S loves EJ

TreasureCove
Jun 15 2013, 06:03 PM
S loves EJ

I never said it wasnīt but the ratings are about the same now when Ejami are together as they were last year when Lumi was together.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

MissLola
Jun 15 2013, 06:08 PM
It's OK. Some still debate the Civil War, too. ;)

Romancer66

TreasureCove
Jun 15 2013, 03:16 PM
Wheather Jennifer did or didn't have a man in the past, she was still an award winning journalist and damn good at her job.

Now her full-time job is a man. She does nothing but chase or talk about Daniel.
Which is ironic, because as high-maintenance as Jack could be, he was never the exclusive focus of Jennifer's life nor did he wish to be. He's the one who pushed her to develop her talents, pursue a career, and become more than some man's little woman. It saddens me more than I can say to see Jennifer wasting her abilities and what used to be a decent brain on a PR job she does badly (when she bothers showing up to do it at all) and the ceaseless tasks of fawning over Daniel and stroking his already overinflated ego. She's a Stepford girlfriend, though Jack saw to it that she was never a Stepford wife. Of course, pretty much all the women on this show have been trashed. They're sniveling victims or scheming bitches, and every single one of them is desperate for a man. It's cringeworthy.

mollymay

S loves EJ
Jun 15 2013, 06:13 PM
TreasureCove
S loves EJ

I never said it wasnīt but the ratings are about the same now when Ejami are together as they were last year when Lumi was together.
Haven't the ratings gone up since this time last year??? I think they increased in yearly viewship.

blueskies
Member Avatar

mollymay
Jun 15 2013, 09:12 PM
S loves EJ
Jun 15 2013, 06:13 PM
TreasureCove
S loves EJ

Haven't the ratings gone up since this time last year??? I think they increased in yearly viewship.
lets not get into a ratings argument...a lot has changed since last year, not just Ejami vs. no Ejami.

Not Amused
Member Avatar

I think Kristen and the Will/Gabi/Nick SL have a lot to do with the ratings increase from this time last year.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jun 15 2013, 05:58 PM
THIS...all day long! There is no point to this; it's the same old same old...just a different day.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply