Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of June 17th; *updated 6/10*
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 07:44 PM (29,903 Views)
BeeBee
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Jun 15 2013, 09:26 PM
MissLola
Jun 15 2013, 05:58 PM
I am not sure what the point of all this is. Those that love Ejami will continue to love them. Those that hate them will continue to hate them. Those that don't really give a shit will also continue on that path.
THIS...all day long! There is no point to this; it's the same old same old...just a different day.
Too true.What I truly find interesting is no threatening post from Lysie.Must have taken the day off.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

MissLola
I am not sure what the point of all this is. Those that love Ejami will continue to love them. Those that hate them will continue to hate them. Those that don't really give a shit will also continue on that path.
I certainly agree with this :) Personally, I find that EJami is topnotch but obviously has some stories with them been a disaster. But this is not just EJami there is some stories with other characters who were really bad, and some characters are a big question mark and one wonders why they exist at all because I do not find any entertainment value with bland and boring. At the same time, I can also see that what I do not like someone else might like, etc.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

BeeBee
Jun 15 2013, 10:28 PM
magicsteacher
Jun 15 2013, 09:26 PM
MissLola
THIS...all day long! There is no point to this; it's the same old same old...just a different day.
Too true.What I truly find interesting is no threatening post from Lysie.Must have taken the day off.
Either that, or maybe she was hoping that someone would pull on their big boy/big girl pants and resolve this peacefully, which is what happened! ;)

mollymay

blueskies
Jun 15 2013, 09:17 PM
mollymay
Jun 15 2013, 09:12 PM
S loves EJ
Jun 15 2013, 06:13 PM
TreasureCove
Jun 15 2013, 06:03 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I never said it wasnīt but the ratings are about the same now when Ejami are together as they were last year when Lumi was together.
Haven't the ratings gone up since this time last year??? I think they increased in yearly viewship.
lets not get into a ratings argument...a lot has changed since last year, not just Ejami vs. no Ejami.
I wasn't.trying to start an argument, I just think if your going to debate something it's better to use fact rather than wishful thinking.

S loves EJ

mollymay
Jun 16 2013, 09:04 AM
blueskies
mollymay
S loves EJ
Jun 15 2013, 06:13 PM

Haven't the ratings gone up since this time last year??? I think they increased in yearly viewship.
lets not get into a ratings argument...a lot has changed since last year, not just Ejami vs. no Ejami.
I wasn't.trying to start an argument, I just think if your going to debate something it's better to use fact rather than wishful thinking.<br />
The demos been up but I donīt think itīs Ejamis doing but Wilson and Wabi baby storyline.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

The show is up because the stories are better, it's not Ejami, they barely have a story....if anything it's about to start so let's see how the summer is before anyone tries to claim anything. In the end, it's the story, the drama and nothing else. The ratings have increased because the show has capitalized on the Wabi baby story reveal and the Bristen fallout. In other words...Safe could be together with the same story that is playing now and the show would be up because it's focused on Wabi's baby and Bristen fallout. Plain and simple...the show is only better now because the writing under MarDar was horrible....frankly when you compare it....the writing that we are seeing now is garnering ratings that are the same as when Dena was writing....if anyone truly wants to claim victory for that shit then be my guest....

mollymay

S loves EJ
Jun 16 2013, 09:43 AM
mollymay
blueskies
mollymay

I wasn't.trying to start an argument, I just think if your going to debate something it's better to use fact rather than wishful thinking.<br />
The demos been up but I donīt think itīs Ejamis doing but Wilson and Wabi baby storyline.
Personally I think the show is better as a whole. The addition of Eileen DAvidson and Greg Vaughn. The Wilson/Wabi baby. With the exception of Dannifer all boring, played out couples have been eliminated. And while you can't heap the success on Ejami's back, you certainly can't ignore their contribution either.

S loves EJ

mollymay
Jun 16 2013, 10:22 AM
S loves EJ
mollymay
blueskies

Personally I think the show is better as a whole. The addition of Eileen DAvidson and Greg Vaughn. The Wilson/Wabi baby. With the exception of Dannifer all boring, played out couples have been eliminated. And while you can't heap the success on Ejami's back, you certainly can't ignore their contribution either.

As an Ejami fan I really wish that I could say that the ratings is up because EJami or contribution of Ejami, but the Days they are on seems to get the lowest ratings of the week, not sure if Lumi or Safe would do better though. It just might be true that no couple makes or breaks the ratings.

Kenny
Member Avatar

The 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards air tonight at 8:00 PM/ET on HLN.

Please join us in our live viewing thread to discuss the show!

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8821831/1/

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

S loves EJ
Jun 16 2013, 10:41 AM
mollymay
S loves EJ
mollymay

As an Ejami fan I really wish that I could say that the ratings is up because EJami or contribution of Ejami, but the Days they are on seems to get the lowest ratings of the week, not sure if Lumi or Safe would do better though. It just might be true that no couple makes or breaks the ratings.
It IS true that no couple makes or breaks the ratings....if that were the case then the ONLY sustainable long term ratings increase this show has had in the last 8 years or would be attributed to Safe.....

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Jun 16 2013, 01:39 PM
S loves EJ
Jun 16 2013, 10:41 AM
mollymay
S loves EJ

It IS true that no couple makes or breaks the ratings....if that were the case then the ONLY sustainable long term ratings increase this show has had in the last 8 years or would be attributed to Safe.....

I guess we agree on something then. ;)
Edited by S loves EJ, Jun 16 2013, 01:55 PM.

vettejb

MissLola
I respectfully disagree. I used to love Ejami. Could not have been a bigger fan, but I loathe them now. And Ali Sweeney is the reason I stopped watching. So, the storylines can change opinions. Just had to say that. Carry on..........
Edited by vettejb, Jun 18 2013, 10:27 AM.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

The only way :shrug: Sami will probably get off the hook
is that Bernadi wasn't killed by the gun shot wound.
Boy oh boy is the deck stacked against Sami.To make
things worse Abe told her the weapon was untracable.

lysie
Member Avatar

Good lord. Apparently I forgot this thread existed for a few days. I think the argument is over but just for good measure I'd like to remind everyone that this isn't a fanbase board. It's not a place for couple fans to come squee together and force their fanwank on others. There are other places specifically for that. If that's what you want to do, please go there to do it.

concerned
Member Avatar

vettejb
Jun 18 2013, 10:24 AM
MissLola
I respectfully disagree. I used to love Ejami. Could not have been a bigger fan, but I loathe them now. And Ali Sweeney is the reason I stopped watching. So, the storylines can change opinions. Just had to say that. Carry on..........
Thanks Vettjb I was going to say the same thing.
I once loved EJami but I loathe them now.
I think I turned sometime around about the 13th time Sami clomped up the stairs and threw EJ's love for her in his face.
The writing this time around for them hasn't done enough for me to believe in them as a couple.

So those that love them can decide to hate them.

The challenge for the writers and the actors is to make those that hate them decide to love them or at least tolerate them in a non throwing sandwiches (completely fast forwarding and tuning out) way.

concerned
Member Avatar

Oops should have read to the end of the thread. Sorry.

concerned
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
Jun 18 2013, 10:27 AM
The only way :shrug: Sami will probably get off the hook
is that Bernadi wasn't killed by the gun shot wound.
Boy oh boy is the deck stacked against Sami.To make
things worse Abe told her the weapon was untracable.
OK I'm completely confused.

Bernardi wasn't killed by the gun shot wound ?.... you're telling me that if he hadn't of been shot he would have keeled over and died due to post operative issues anyway.

And Abe told Sami that the weapon that they haven't found and are not sure existed is untraceable?
How do they know its untraceable if they haven't found it yet?
I didn't think Bernardi had a chance to get enough of the way through the intended operation that the traceability of the weapon would have been able to be determined.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

My head is about to explode reading all this back and forth SHIT...

MissLola
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 18 2013, 05:11 PM
My head is about to explode reading all this back and forth SHIT...
Join the club!!! :frustration:

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 18 2013, 10:31 AM
Good lord. Apparently I forgot this thread existed for a few days. I think the argument is over but just for good measure I'd like to remind everyone that this isn't a fanbase board. It's not a place for couple fans to come squee together and force their fanwank on others. There are other places specifically for that. If that's what you want to do, please go there to do it.
Now you show up!!!Where were you when we really needed you?!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply