Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC/OLTL: On HIATUS!
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 08:00 PM (2,200 Views)
Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

https://www.thewrap.com/media/article/all-my-children-one-life-live-hiatus-over-labor-dispute-exclusive-95676
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

King of Hearts
Jun 7 2013, 06:27 PM
They were going on hiatus anyway. So an early hiatus was unexpected. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.

You are assuming they can work out this union issue.

jacpre
Member Avatar

I am probably in the minority here. I was excited with the news of the resurrection of OLTL. After watching a few episodes I must say that it is not so impressive. The acting is bad and sometimes over the top. Characters don't act in character. I know it is to be expected with new writers. I am not really invested in any stories. Have they ever explain how Destiny lost all that weight? If not they should have.

I am just afraid that these shows coming back would do more harm than anything else in the sense of the memory of these shows. If they decide to cancel it (I can't see this long term) everyone will be left hanging with unfinished stories. I think they should have left these shows alone. People got over the cancellation. They should have left it alone.

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

Quote:

They were going on hiatus anyway. So an early hiatus was unexpected. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Quote:

You are assuming they can work out this union issue.

What can I say, I'm a DIE HARD fan of these shows :) . I was so mad at these people for attempting to revive the show and the second time they came through, so I can at least have faith in them when it comes to this issue, hoping they can work it out.
Edited by King of Hearts, Jun 8 2013, 03:24 PM.

Mason

Their track record thus far has not nearly been solid enough for me to have any kind of faith in them. The fact that they got these shows launched at all (after having to call it off the first time, no less) is, in itself, not enough for me to trust them or give them much credit when nearly everything else has been a clusterfuck.

JosieComesHome

jacpre
Jun 8 2013, 11:29 AM
I am probably in the minority here. I was excited with the news of the resurrection of OLTL. After watching a few episodes I must say that it is not so impressive. The acting is bad and sometimes over the top. Characters don't act in character. I know it is to be expected with new writers. I am not really invested in any stories.

I am just afraid that these shows coming back would do more harm than anything else in the sense of the memory of these shows. If they decide to cancel it (I can't see this long term) everyone will be left hanging with unfinished stories. I think they should have left these shows alone.
I agree, except I'm coming at this from the POV of an AMC fan. AMC has even fewer veterans and recognizable characters than OLTL and let me tell you, it shows. Most of the airtime is taken up by newer characters whom I'm not interested in and I don't know. The ones I do know, I don't really like and that surprises me. I get that PP had to act quickly to put the shows on but hiring head writers who didn't know the history nor did they care and who wrote storylines that are not nearly as good as they'd advertised has hurt AMC alot in my eyes. I missed ABC's cancelled version of AMC but I was doing ok without it. Now some characters are back and I don't like what I see. I get why the head writers were fired and I appreciate PP's desire to make AMC work by firing them so soon out of the gate. But they have to get their act together with the union and with story because I could care less about alot that's airing now. They also need to get back more familiar faces because a show without a matriarch or patriarch, without rivals going head to head, and without much romance that I care about isn't going to succeed. Adam's not on enough to be the patriarch of the show, and counting Jangie and Brooke & Adam, there are only two established couples on the show. That's not enough.

I wish PP and AMC well but they've got to do better than this.

Kenny
Member Avatar

The 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards air tonight at 8:00 PM/ET on HLN.

Please join us in our live viewing thread to discuss the show!

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8821831/1/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply