Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Episode Discussion: July 22, 2004
Topic Started: Jun 6 2013, 09:00 AM (1,687 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

okay, even Melaswen is making me miss JER...this is really sad.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Some people could have stayed dead in Melaswen. Sigh. That story was all over the place.

Charity Rahmer! Lol I had forgotten just how bad her scenes actually were. I am in SHOCK that they hired her to play Belle. Although, if she screen tested with Kyle Brandt, I could see why. It's not like he was anything special either.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i really love the background music in these scenes too.

blueskies
Member Avatar

wait, there's tunnels under the graveyard in Salem??

blueskies
Member Avatar

Kyle Brandt wasn't *horrible*, I just didn't like him b/c he didn't have the same charm or bad boy image that JKJ has. KB was more, stupid-buff-guy than he was smart-cunning-sly-hot-guy.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Indiana Jack was awesome.

blueskies
Member Avatar

now i want to know what happens next...i forget how Jen survives.

elci525
Member Avatar

omg I had tried to block the memory of that Belle out of my mind forever!!! So bad.

Holy eff this was 9 years ago already?! I feel ancient =/

Ellie

blueskies
Jun 6 2013, 11:25 AM
is Marlena preggo with Roman's kid yet in these scenes?
No. So that happens in the castle, which happens after they get off Melaswen Island.

Ellie

blueskies
Jun 6 2013, 11:58 AM
Kyle Brandt wasn't *horrible*, I just didn't like him b/c he didn't have the same charm or bad boy image that JKJ has. KB was more, stupid-buff-guy than he was smart-cunning-sly-hot-guy.
I agree... he wasn't bad for Days, he just wasn't Philip Kiriakis.

Ellie

blueskies
Jun 6 2013, 11:53 AM
wait, there's tunnels under the graveyard in Salem??
I think it had to do with the Underground Railroad. I wish I were joking.

AFaithL

Any clips of Rotox coming onto/comforting Marlena make me irrationally angry.

jdawg1077

Sorry, but in my mind this is when the show began a disturbing downward spiral that took them years to get over. The Salem Stalker storyline was so brilliantly told for the first nine months, and then once characters began to pop up in Melaswen, it became too absurd. The show never recovered from the prepostorous explanation and the ratings reflected that. I still feel as though we never got the full story on whether portions of the story were rewritten at the last minute. But having Tony (later "Andre") responsible made absolutely no sense. But I still have fond memories of the original murders, atleast.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Speaking of "classic episodes", I just reached the 35th anniversary episode of "Days" in my research!!

35 years of "Days" cast & set lists are now complete!!

Yay!!! :chee:

11/8/00:
Cast: Alice, Bo, Brady, Hope, Jennifer, John, Marlena, Doug, Julie, JT, Declan (voice only), Katherine O'Shea, Barry, Irish Security Guard # 1, Irish Security Guard # 2, Nurse, Belle (insert shots/RBO), Abe (FBO), Abigail (FBO), Brandon (FBO), Carrie (FBO), Chloe (FBO), Craig (FBO), Lexie (FBO), Maggie (FBO), Mickey (FBO), Nancy (FBO), Philip (FBO), Sami (FBO), Shawn (FBO), Stefano (FBO), Tom (FBO), Isaac (FBO), Young Eric (FBO), Baby Shawn Douglas (FBO), Minister (FBO), Singer (FBO).
Sets: Hospital ICU Room & Corridor, Int. Boat Cabin, Happy Clover Factory & Exterior/Ireland, Belle's Hospital Room & Corridor.

Keith
Member Avatar

Really, looking at the cast today, who died during SSk that we would really miss now? Think about it.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

There are very few universal truths, one of them is the awfulness of Charity Rahmer.

Darn it, I miss Jack so much.

lysie
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 6 2013, 01:39 PM
Really, looking at the cast today, who died during SSk that we would really miss now? Think about it.
I've been saying this for years. Considering how they've been used since then, it wouldn't have made a bit of difference

lysie
Member Avatar

jdawg1077
Jun 6 2013, 01:22 PM
Sorry, but in my mind this is when the show began a disturbing downward spiral that took them years to get over. The Salem Stalker storyline was so brilliantly told for the first nine months, and then once characters began to pop up in Melaswen, it became too absurd. The show never recovered from the prepostorous explanation and the ratings reflected that. I still feel as though we never got the full story on whether portions of the story were rewritten at the last minute. But having Tony (later "Andre") responsible made absolutely no sense. But I still have fond memories of the original murders, atleast.
I agree. I think we know it was rewritten, we just don't know the original story. But this is a classic example of Corday panicking and everything ending up in a giant pool of WTFery. I'd still take this over today's show though.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

There Abe that barley use and Maggie in way she written now people wish she stay dead and Roman who cares. And Jack that died many times after that and there Alice that dead in real life now and there Doug that barley use and cassie when she came back from the dead only to go upstairs and never comes back and of course marlena

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 6 2013, 02:16 PM
jdawg1077
Jun 6 2013, 01:22 PM
I agree. I think we know it was rewritten, we just don't know the original story. But this is a classic example of Corday panicking and everything ending up in a giant pool of WTFery. I'd still take this over today's show though.
Me too

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply