Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Episode Discussion: July 22, 2004
Topic Started: Jun 6 2013, 09:00 AM (1,761 Views)
Carly
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jun 6 2013, 02:30 PM
lysie
Jun 6 2013, 02:16 PM
jdawg1077
Jun 6 2013, 01:22 PM
Sorry, but in my mind this is when the show began a disturbing downward spiral that took them years to get over. The Salem Stalker storyline was so brilliantly told for the first nine months, and then once characters began to pop up in Melaswen, it became too absurd. The show never recovered from the prepostorous explanation and the ratings reflected that. I still feel as though we never got the full story on whether portions of the story were rewritten at the last minute. But having Tony (later "Andre") responsible made absolutely no sense. But I still have fond memories of the original murders, atleast.
I agree. I think we know it was rewritten, we just don't know the original story. But this is a classic example of Corday panicking and everything ending up in a giant pool of WTFery. I'd still take this over today's show though.
Me too
Me three.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Marlena was revealed as the killer, didn't JER or Corday say that Marlena hadn't been brainwashed and that she was killing people of her own volition? But then the storyline became all cray-cray, and it turned out that Marlena HAD been brainwashed, and no one was really dead after all! So, I've always wanted to know what JER's original plans for Marlena were going to be.
Edited by Carly, Jun 6 2013, 03:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Carly
Jun 6 2013, 03:23 PM
So, I've always wanted to know what JER's original plans for Marlena were going to be.
Everyone does. No one's ever said. It could be that Corday is the only living person to know, especially if it never reached script form.

Ellie

Keith
Jun 6 2013, 01:39 PM
Really, looking at the cast today, who died during SSk that we would really miss now? Think about it.
Exactly. I have a soft spot for Doug, but he's hardly integral to the canvas. JER had the foresight to weed out the unnecessary people. Too bad Corday didn't, and still doesn't.

AFaithL

Ellie
Jun 6 2013, 03:30 PM
Carly
So, I've always wanted to know what JER's original plans for Marlena were going to be.
Everyone does. No one's ever said. It could be that Corday is the only living person to know, especially if it never reached script form.
Reilly said he always had an "out" planned for Marlena.

blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jun 6 2013, 03:33 PM
Ellie
Carly
Marlena was really his favorite character, so i would be more shocked if he didnt have an out planned for her.

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 6 2013, 03:37 PM
AFaithL
Ellie
Carly
Marlena was really his favorite character, so i would be more shocked if he didnt have an out planned for her.
He really had to. I mean, it was entertaining to see her kill some of those people, but it was obviously not at all in character, lol.

Carly
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 6 2013, 03:46 PM
blueskies
AFaithL
Ellie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
He really had to. I mean, it was entertaining to see her kill some of those people, but it was obviously not at all in character, lol.
IIRC, Stefano had a bunch of Marlena clones created during the time that Marlena was possessed by the devil. Maybe it would've turned out that one of the clones was the real Salem Stalker?

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
blueskies
AFaithL
Ellie

lol, that's true too. Although I could see how having to listen to all those crazy ppl in Salem in therapy could drive one over the edge.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Carly
Jun 6 2013, 03:47 PM
lysie
blueskies
AFaithL

IIRC, Stefano had a bunch of Marlena clones created during the time that Marlena was possessed by the devil. Maybe it would've turned out that one of the clones was the real Salem Stalker?
Ahh yes, the Marlena Clones... I still remember that scene on the pier with Stefano talking to them, and they were standing in a straight line, lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply