Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Sami is arrested!; June 17th issue
Topic Started: Jun 6 2013, 03:43 PM (12,569 Views)
BeeBee
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 7 2013, 09:28 AM
tomsawyer
Jun 7 2013, 09:23 AM
blueskies
Jun 7 2013, 09:10 AM
I need to stay out of Sami related threads....
LOL, I know. I'm already beating my head against the desk for chiming in.
I know, right? :fp2:

Soooo anyhoo...I'm curious to see how the video of Sami Chad kept mentioning plays in. I think the spec that it's from that scene of Sami chasing Bernardi through HTS is probably spot on but I find it odd that Chad kept talking about what a hot mess or how hilarious Sami is...rather than the dancing chick. I mean...seriously? I couldn't take my eyes off the dancer (or my jaw off the floor) long enough to notice Sami. I'm struggling with how Sami would be the noteworthy topic in that piece. :laugh:
Perhaps Chad was recording the "dancing"woman then switched his focus to Sami when he saw her. I mean Sami in heels chasing some guy through Horton Square is equally bizarre.
Edited by BeeBee, Jun 10 2013, 06:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

outrageous
Jun 9 2013, 07:28 PM
mollymay
Jun 7 2013, 02:26 PM
TreasureCove
Jun 7 2013, 01:41 PM
Maggie28wubsEj
Jun 7 2013, 12:11 PM
Would it make everyone feel better if we just said Ejami is here for now, but their story could change, and then it will be Safes turn again and then Lumis turn...yada, yada, yada... Everyone will get to see her with their faves in time. Just wait your turn. Even those who claim to hate her now but i can assure u that your fill in the blank loving hearts will melt again.
I grew up on this show. I played in my playpen or sat in my mothers' lap while it was on. I knew the characters names before I knew my releatives names because I heard them 5 days a week I am honestly sad that this show now revolves around Sami's cooch.

I honestly am disgusted about a rapist/victem pairing. It won't matter if they break up, it's been going on for over a year already, and it makes me sick that it's potrayed as romantic.

I don't want her with Rafe again. He'll look like a loser with no self-worth if he takes her back after she's been pleasuring the guy who tortured him. The same goes for Lucas.

I wish they would at least rest her character for a little while and write something else.
I grew up on this show too. I remember the first day Maggie set foot in Salem and the day Hope was born. I've watched Samantha Gene from day one and if you're going to use the term rapist in reference to Ejami then its definately rapist/rapist and not rapist/victim cause Sami is just as guilty of the crime of rape as EJ is!!!

And in fact they did try to reset Sami IMO, during the time period she was paired with Rafe they tried to turn her into Marlean Jr. and based on the ratings and feedback it failed miserably.

Sami IMO is perfect just as she is now, impulsive and scheming. Too me the flawed characters are the most interesting.
Me too. I'm glad the old Sami's back. I hated Sami during the Safe era. The pormanteau "Safe" described the characters and the couple perfectly. The writers went with the "safe" option and put Sami with that fake hero in hopes of pleasing everyone, and that never works. We ended up wih an unrecognizable Sami that almost no one liked.

The ratings have been much better since the old Sami's been back, and I enjoy Rafe much better in a coma. I don't miss him at all.
Quite frankly I don't see that much of a change between Safe Sami and this round of EJ Sami.

She was smug, abrasive, self centred, indulgent and deluded with both of them who for unfathomable reasons is fawned over and petted.

Sami is good as a scheming character on the side. She needs to be taken in small doses with someone giving her a good side dose of comeuppance.

Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 10 2013, 01:21 AM
tomsawyer
Jun 9 2013, 02:29 PM
lysie
Jun 9 2013, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure Everett wasn't meant to be overly masculine.
It wasn't intended to be hyper masculine name, but it wasn't intended as an insult either. Everett is a Hugh Grant, romcom character. And ain't nothing wrong with that.

Maybe someone needs to explain that to JS.
The name was apt. If JS can't see that that's what the character of EJ has become maybe he should start watching the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

tomsawyer
Jun 10 2013, 05:14 PM
mer4santo
Jun 10 2013, 03:20 PM
S loves EJ
tomsawyer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I'm not sure that JS is always that masculine in an American kind of way either.
He so isn't. He comes across as European and a guy who is pretty damn comfortable with his sexuality. I remember him saying that when he met his former girlfriend she thought he was gay, which he seemed to find amusing. So I doubt he'd be shocked to know his portrayal of EJ doesn't always come across as hyper masculine.

P.S. @mer - your turn on Everett wounds me.
I'm not turning on Everett, I adore him. I just don't really like him after he gets the girl du jour.
Online Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jun 10 2013, 06:29 PM
tomsawyer
mer4santo
S loves EJ

I'm not sure that JS is always that masculine in an American kind of way either.
He so isn't. He comes across as European and a guy who is pretty damn comfortable with his sexuality. I remember him saying that when he met his former girlfriend she thought he was gay, which he seemed to find amusing. So I doubt he'd be shocked to know his portrayal of EJ doesn't always come across as hyper masculine.

I'm not turning on Everett, I adore him. I just don't really like him after he gets the girl du jour.
Thank you for clarifying. I'm no longer wounded.
Online Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Hologram
Jun 8 2013, 06:54 PM
SocRMum1
Jun 6 2013, 04:23 PM
Awww....my EJami lovin' heart is happy to hear we'll be getting some sweet and twisted EJami moments. My favorite kind! :laugh:

I'm not surprised at all to hear it's going to be a long story - particularly since it's already been spoiled that Sami will be in jail in August.
I can't imagine that EJ would be happy about this.

If I was EJ I would hate Rafe beyond belief at this point. This guy is indirectly responsible for his love and bride to prisoned for murder. Can you imagine how this will affect her kids? And all this to save Rafe?

I know that Stefano is probably behind B to deal with Rafe. But to point a gun and shoot B is just plain silly,.. and all thanks to Kates stupid gift + samis uncanny gift of being impulsive.

If EJ is going to hate anyone,it should be Sami.I don't see how Rafe is responsible for the choice Sami made while he was unconscious?
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

tomsawyer
Jun 10 2013, 06:32 PM
mer4santo
Jun 10 2013, 06:29 PM
tomsawyer
mer4santo

Thank you for clarifying. I'm no longer wounded.
I'm glad my clarification is ike a healing salve. I will also concur that European masculinity differs from American and think JS's awkward and fashion blind manliness is cute in itself.
Online Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

concerned
Jun 10 2013, 06:08 PM
S loves EJ
tomsawyer
lysie
Jun 9 2013, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure Everett wasn't meant to be overly masculine.
It wasn't intended to be hyper masculine name, but it wasn't intended as an insult either. Everett is a Hugh Grant, romcom character. And ain't nothing wrong with that.

The name was apt. If JS can't see that that's what the character of EJ has become maybe he should start watching the show.

You seems to have miss the part of Everett not being a bad thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jun 10 2013, 06:49 PM
Hologram
Jun 8 2013, 06:54 PM
SocRMum1
Jun 6 2013, 04:23 PM
Awww....my EJami lovin' heart is happy to hear we'll be getting some sweet and twisted EJami moments. My favorite kind! :laugh:

I'm not surprised at all to hear it's going to be a long story - particularly since it's already been spoiled that Sami will be in jail in August.
I can't imagine that EJ would be happy about this.

If I was EJ I would hate Rafe beyond belief at this point. This guy is indirectly responsible for his love and bride to prisoned for murder. Can you imagine how this will affect her kids? And all this to save Rafe?

I know that Stefano is probably behind B to deal with Rafe. But to point a gun and shoot B is just plain silly,.. and all thanks to Kates stupid gift + samis uncanny gift of being impulsive.

If EJ is going to hate anyone,it should be Sami.I don't see how Rafe is responsible for the choice Sami made while he was unconscious?
He isn't. Sami alone is responsible for keeping the gun Kate gave her, loading it, and keeping it in her purse...not to mention pulling it out and shooting Bernardi. Sami could have chosen to throw that gun in the dumpster and it wouldn't have been an issue, but she didn't. Also, who told Sami to go to the hospital and cry at Rafe's bedside? She did...and if she had minded her own business, she wouldn't have been there when Bernardi came in to attack a coma induced Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

So what happened to the knife that Bernandi had, did someone take it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

lachelle73
Jun 11 2013, 07:48 AM
So what happened to the knife that Bernandi had, did someone take it.
We don't know yet. But it's suppose to come up missing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Where Sami was standing, could she see what Bernadi was doing? How much did she see? I hope they have another scene with her shooting Bernadi from another angle.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

I think we'll see a redux of the shooting today in greater detail.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

gailwinters
Jun 11 2013, 10:24 AM
and we'll have flashbacks to last us a lifetime....
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 11 2013, 10:49 AM
gailwinters
Jun 11 2013, 10:24 AM
and we'll have flashbacks to last us a lifetime....
Oh, no doubt about it!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Serenity 808

Ellie
Jun 6 2013, 03:43 PM
Ali also teases that this story won't be a short one...
Well, this sucks. I thought that they finally used Sami appropriately in the past year by not making her front and center like she was during 2009/2010 and by not pimping her as the heroine, and not only is it all about Sami, we're supposed to be on her side. I'm not really against her, but I'm just annoyed that she felt the need to see Rafe. Why was she even there in the first place? Sami was written more like her old self in 2012-early 2013, but her scenes in the past few weeks regarding Rafe just reverts her to being a wishy-washy mess.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

We're going to lock this as it's aired already.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic