Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Kristen targets Marlena; June 17th issue
Topic Started: Jun 6 2013, 04:00 PM (3,870 Views)
Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

I will miss John but I will def enjoy every minute of Marlena vs Kristen. They are the only highlight for me on the show these days.....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Kristen vs Marlena & Kristen vs Nicole, sounds GOLD to me.

specialcases
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 6 2013, 04:48 PM
AFaithL
Jun 6 2013, 04:29 PM
So, Ellie, what does ED say about Kristen's feelings for Brady?
We were asked by SOD to do summaries less detailed than the ones we had been doing. So, as the article says, buy the latest Digest for details!
So basically, SOD wants you to give them some free advertising. Unless of course, its not free. It certainly reads like a paid commercial.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I think it's more like SOD wants people to actually buy their magazine

Ellie

specialcases
Jun 6 2013, 06:58 PM
Ellie
Jun 6 2013, 04:48 PM
AFaithL
Jun 6 2013, 04:29 PM
So, Ellie, what does ED say about Kristen's feelings for Brady?
We were asked by SOD to do summaries less detailed than the ones we had been doing. So, as the article says, buy the latest Digest for details!
So basically, SOD wants you to give them some free advertising. Unless of course, its not free. It certainly reads like a paid commercial.
They felt that our summaries were taking the place of people buying the magazine rather than encouraging people to buy it. If the article contains enough "new spoilers" that we can put some here yet leave some for people to find out when they buy the issue, it seems like a good compromise.

AFaithL

So if I go buy it, can I post the rest of it in this thread? Or is that not allowed? Serious question.

blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jun 6 2013, 07:05 PM
So if I go buy it, can I post the rest of it in this thread? Or is that not allowed? Serious question.
i can say that when i posted things on twitter, my issue started magically appearing in my mailbox almost a full week later than i had been getting it, lol. Not that I am suggesting SOD is blackballing me. Could be a coincidence...possibly....I suppose.
Edited by blueskies, Jun 6 2013, 07:08 PM.

Ellie

AFaithL
No, you can't post a summary, but we can't prevent people from chiming in with what they've read. (Like "I have the issue and it actually says ____ about Brady.") However if someone starts to fill in the gaps in this way every week, we'll probably ask them to stop. SODs legal team contacted us and other boards. It's not a light matter.

Ellie

blueskies
Jun 6 2013, 07:08 PM
AFaithL
i can say that when i posted things on twitter, my issue started magically appearing in my mailbox almost a full week later than i had been getting it, lol. Not that I am suggesting SOD is blackballing me. Could be a coincidence...possibly....I suppose.
They told us at one point when we posted almost a week early that they were trying to solve a distribution problem with the issues getting out before they should.

concerned
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jun 6 2013, 04:15 PM
Going from the ratings last week, it seems that people ENJOY seeing Kristen getting a comeuppance for her deeds. I'll be interested in the next phase of Kristen/Marlena, and will be rooting for a 3rd Kristen downfall in the coming months, especially if Kristen tries to continue to hurt her family.

I bet she tries to seduce Eric. I'll be interested in seeing this played out.

I think viewers like seeing anyone get their comeuppance.

Maybe there are some others out their who require theirs.

Potential Rating Bonanza.
Dan
Sami
EJ

chinkybig

Hell to the YEAH! Kristen vs. Marlena. Bring back the secret room! Even the Paris underground and the golden cage with Stefano will do!!!

I also am hoping that with Kristen targeting Marlena, the writers will be able to redeem John by having him save the day.

concerned
Member Avatar

That sounds a bit like there's no action between Nicole and Brady.
Just Nicole playing it up to drive Kristen batty.
Reminds me of one of my favourite Nicole clips.

"you are such a cynic, I am happy because you and EJ are truly such an adorable couple and it does my heart good to know that the two of you will not be an entire ocean apart".

but line of the clip goes to Marlena,
"Oh Sami give it a rest".

blueskies
Member Avatar

concerned
Jun 6 2013, 07:57 PM

"you are such a cynic, I am happy because you and EJ are truly such an adorable couple and it does my heart good to know that the two of you will not be an entire ocean apart".

Ari's good here (like usual) but this clip reminds me why I hated this time period on Days. They completely ignored/ruined all the history. I mean, lord, EJ was born ON THE SHOW and so is obviously an American citizen. But whatever, lets not remember that and write and effed up visa storyline.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 6 2013, 07:12 PM
blueskies
Jun 6 2013, 07:08 PM
AFaithL
They told us at one point when we posted almost a week early that they were trying to solve a distribution problem with the issues getting out before they should.
i blame EJ and Sami for this, lol. I swear, I was trying to do a nice thing and they came back and bit me.

camera shy

concerned

Thanks. I love Sami referring to EJ and Nicole as Bonnie and Cldye considering how many people what Ejami to be that. ^o)

Tammy
Member Avatar

Why do I get the feeling that by the time John comes back to town it will be right when Marlena needs"saving" from Kristen's latest plan for her??? Like that will insta redeem John for being a total dick-wad for the last few months??? :blink:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Tammy
Jun 6 2013, 11:11 PM
Why do I get the feeling that by the time John comes back to town it will be right when Marlena needs"saving" from Kristen's latest plan for her??? Like that will insta redeem John for being a total dick-wad for the last few months??? :blink:
Oh...eww. Been there, it was awesome, love the clips on YouTube every now and again.

This time, I wanna see three smart ladies plot and counterplot (and counter-counter plot) without Marlena becoming a victim in need of rescue.

chinkybig

px780
Jun 6 2013, 11:26 PM
Tammy
Jun 6 2013, 11:11 PM
Oh...eww. Been there, it was awesome, love the clips on YouTube every now and again.

This time, I wanna see three smart ladies plot and counterplot (and counter-counter plot) without Marlena becoming a victim in need of rescue.
I definitely like the idea of Marlena being "empowered" and not having to be saved by John, but I think the writers are un-creative enough and will most likely go that path again, I bet.

That being said, I don't mind if John were to save Marlena again provided that it is written well and believable. "John coming to the rescue" or "Marlena coming to the rescue / saving the day by exposing the truth" has been part and parcel of the John and Marlena love story, whether we like or not, and I think that element will always be there. It's technically John's "turn" to save the day, as Marlena did her share with exposing Kristen to Brady, so let's see.

I just don't trust how the writers will treat / write this, though. That is the main problem. :D

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Does anybody know how long Drake will off the canvas?

concerned
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 6 2013, 08:19 PM
concerned

Ari's good here (like usual) but this clip reminds me why I hated this time period on Days. They completely ignored/ruined all the history. I mean, lord, EJ was born ON THE SHOW and so is obviously an American citizen. But whatever, lets not remember that and write and effed up visa storyline.
that was discussed on the show.
In her hurry to get EJ out of the country he had a fake visa as a baby.
So they applied for all the legitimate stuff once they were in the UK.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply