Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings May 27-31: NBC press release and Variety Article
Topic Started: Jun 6 2013, 03:27 PM (2,954 Views)
Ellie

'DAYS OF OUR LIVES' DELIVERS ITS BIGGEST WOMEN 18-49 VIEWERSHIP IN 18 MONTHS AND ITS LARGEST OVERALL AUDIENCE IN MORE THAN TWO YEARS

June 06, 2013
'DAYS OF OUR LIVES' DELIVERS ITS BIGGEST WOMEN 18-49 VIEWERSHIP IN 18 MONTHS AND ITS LARGEST OVERALL AUDIENCE IN MORE THAN TWO YEARS

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – June 6, 2013 – “Days of our Lives” has attracted its biggest women 18-49 audience in 18 months and generated its top total-viewer result in more than two years, according to “live plus same day” viewing figures for the week of May 27-31 from Nielsen Media Research.

For the week, "Days of our Lives" averaged a 1.0 rating, 7 share among women 18-49 and a 0.6 rating among women 18-34, tying it for #4 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tying it for #3 in the women 18-34 race. Note that Monday results are excluded from the week’s averages due to the Memorial Day holiday.

"Days" generated its biggest women 18-49 audience (645,000) in the last 18 months (since the week of November 21-25, 2011, 703,000). In total viewers, "Days'" 2.827 million persons last week was the show's biggest overall audience in more than two years (since the week of January 31-February 4, 2011, 3.030 million).

For the week versus the same week last year, "Days of our Lives" was up 21% in the women 18-34 race (193,000 vs. 160,000), up 28% in the women 18-49 demographic (645,000 vs. 504,000), up 34% in the women 25-54 race (824,000 vs. 616,000) and up 18% in total viewers (2.8 million vs. 2.4 million).

For the second quarter to date, "Days of our Lives" is up 6% in the women 18-49 category (644,000 vs. 609,000), up 10% in the women 25-54 demo (822,000 vs. 745,000) and up 5% in total viewers (2.6 million vs. 2.5 million).

Season to date, "Days of our Lives" is tied for #4 in the women 18-49 category and tied for #3 in the women 18-34 demo. Season to date, “Days” is up 3% in total viewers (2.7 million vs. 2.6 million).

Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Way to go, DAYS! Very well deserved too. Its the BEST soap right now. IMHO

lysie
Member Avatar

Lol. This was the week everyone went back to complaining.

am103
Member Avatar

This is awesome! Well-deserved, in my opinion. There was a dud episode here and there, but May Sweeps totally delivered for me. There was some great payoff, wonderful family scenes and character interactions, and some superb performances, especially by Blake Berris, Eileen Davidson, and Deidre Hall. Nice to see Days get recognized for some great work.

ShaneDOOLFan

HELL YES! Eileen Davidson/Kristen=ratings gold. She did the same thing for the show back in 1997. Just shows that the Marlena/Kristen rilvary does wonders for the show. This is GREAT news! I hope Eileen stays with Days. They would be stupid to let her go.

The Marlena/Kristen scenes were easily my highlight of the week. Eileen deserves an emmy for that performance alone.
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Jun 6 2013, 04:29 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Jun 6 2013, 04:03 PM
Isn't it hysterical....many people didn't like that the reveal occurred with basically no one in the room except 3 people...but I do have to admit that as the week went on the show got better.....Monday was the worse day...it'll likely get the best ratings, lol.

lysie
Member Avatar

am103
Jun 6 2013, 04:21 PM
This is awesome! Well-deserved, in my opinion. There was a dud episode here and there, but May Sweeps totally delivered for me. There was some great payoff, wonderful family scenes and character interactions, and some superb performances, especially by Blake Berris, Eileen Davidson, and Deidre Hall. Nice to see Days get recognized for some great work.
May sweeps was over before this week.

BradyB

I was actually mad it wasn't on today. It actually has me hooked!!!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

DAYS is the best soap right now. This current week was nothing special, but it was still the best soap on tv. Just watching GH today was brutal.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS deserves this...last week and the week before were some of the best I have seen from the show in some time.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jun 6 2013, 04:46 PM
DAYS is the best soap right now. This current week was nothing special, but it was still the best soap on tv. Just watching GH today was brutal.
I'm house sitting with no DVR, so I've missed one whole show of GH and been in and out of the room during a couple of others and I don't feel as if I've missed anything. I absolutely hate the OLTL actors in their new roles. I've made sure I don't miss a second of Days!

jam6242
Member Avatar

I have noticed that when Days wants to brag about it's ratings it cites the 25-54 age group when normally the over 49s (such as me) aren't mentioned!

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 6 2013, 04:03 PM
that's b/c even though it was good (great in comparison to Days normally), it could have been so much better if they had played it all out at the wedding in front of everyone.
Edited by blueskies, Jun 6 2013, 05:07 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Going back through the daily threads the show was really getting more praise than anything this week. People complained about John being a douchebag and the Kristen fallout happening in front of only two people. But once the Kristen/Marlena scenes played out everyone seemed to change their tune. It was still a missed opportunity but overall many many more positive comments than negative.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

These past 2 weeks got me to tune in and I haven't watched in years. That's pretty big.

am103
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 6 2013, 04:29 PM
am103
Jun 6 2013, 04:21 PM
May sweeps was over before this week.
I know that, but the lead-in to the Kristen reveal happened at the very end of May Sweeps, so in my eyes it's all the same.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I really feel bad for GH, but seriously, OLTL characters have done nothing for me at all & the writing hasn't been all that appealing either!
Edited by Dreamy, Jun 6 2013, 05:55 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Dreamy
Jun 6 2013, 05:53 PM
I really feel bad for GH, but seriously, OLTL characters have done nothing for me at all & the writing hasn't been all that appealing either!
I don't like to box the three into the "OLTL 3" or "Llanview 3" but just as newbies in general. Zzzilas is a total bore and does absolutely nothing for me. He's an asshole and I hate watching his scenes. Lauren (who I will never call Kiki) is basically Starr back when she was bratty and now she's a slut. And Roger Howarth is just a sad, sorry case. They went with Franco because they knew it would cause massive buzz, but they totally unFrancoed him. He is just an even more evil Todd Manning now. If they would have just made him a random Quartermaine he could have still had the same connections and still had some percentage of the Quartermaine vote. They could have still brought in Lauren Frank without needing Franco so that's two new Qs with votes.

I just don't get it and I never will. If they made him Alexander Cassadine/Quartermaine as was rumored then him just basically being Todd wouldn't be so jarring. Franco and Todd are two of the most opposite characters of all time and now they are the exact same. What? Not even a nice try!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Well-deserved DAYS, last month was the best in years. But GH is garbage and has been ever since Carlentini took over.

Jason47
Member Avatar

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/nbc-soap-days-of-our-lives-posts-best-ratings-since-2011-1200493590/

Article by Rick Kissell

NBC sudser “Days of Our Lives” continues to make its case as a show worth keeping around.

“Days,” which earlier this year was renewed through September 2014, last week racked up its largest young-female audience in 18 months (645,000) and its largest overall audience in more than two years (2.83 million), according to Nielsen data for May 27-31.

The Sony Pictures Television soap was up sharply vs. the same week last year, including by 28% in women 18-49 (645,000 vs. 504,000), 34% in women 25-54 (824,000 vs. 616,000). It also averaged 278,000 additional viewers each night with its quickie repeats on cable network SoapNet.

Last week featured the birth of Gabi and Will’s baby — under arduous conditions, natch.

At this rate, it seems like another renewal extension for “Days” could be coming soon — especially since 2015 would mark its 50th anniversary, something few television shows have achieved.

“Days” began as a half-hour soap on NBC in November 1965 and was expanded to an hour about 10 years later. Earlier this year, it celebrated its 12,000th episode.

For the second quarter to date, “Days of Our Lives” is up between 5% and 10% in all key ratings categories, according to Nielsen.
Edited by Jason47, Jun 6 2013, 10:42 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply