Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings May 27-31: NBC press release and Variety Article
Topic Started: Jun 6 2013, 03:27 PM (2,933 Views)
rae

Jason47
Jun 6 2013, 10:30 PM
http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/nbc-soap-days-of-our-lives-posts-best-ratings-since-2011-1200493590/

Article by Rick Kissell

NBC sudser “Days of Our Lives” continues to make its case as a show worth keeping around.

“Days,” which earlier this year was renewed through September 2014, last week racked up its largest young-female audience in 18 months (645,000) and its largest overall audience in more than two years (2.83 million), according to Nielsen data for May 27-31.

The Sony Pictures Television soap was up sharply vs. the same week last year, including by 28% in women 18-49 (645,000 vs. 504,000), 34% in women 25-54 (824,000 vs. 616,000). It also averaged 278,000 additional viewers each night with its quickie repeats on cable network SoapNet.

Last week featured the birth of Gabi and Will’s baby — under arduous conditions, natch.

At this rate, it seems like another renewal extension for “Days” could be coming soon — especially since 2015 would mark its 50th anniversary, something few television shows have achieved.

“Days” began as a half-hour soap on NBC in November 1965 and was expanded to an hour about 10 years later. Earlier this year, it celebrated its 12,000th episode.

For the second quarter to date, “Days of Our Lives” is up between 5% and 10% in all key ratings categories, according to Nielsen.
Too bad they didn't mention that the week included the Kristen reveal...that's the only reason that I watched.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Ratings: Soaps Up in Total Viewers; DAYS Hits 2 Year High

Friday, June 7, 2013

Bell-Phillip Television Productions; Corday Productions, Inc.
Ratings Report for the Week of May 27-31, 2013

NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,647,000 (+125,000/+399,000)
2. B&B 3,590,000 (+176,000/+515,000)
3. DAYS 2,827,000 (+314,000/+431,000) * <——- 2 year high
4. GH 2,651,000 (+146,000/+328,000)

* New high for Tomlin/Whitesell regime
* Highest since January 31- February 4, 2011

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/11 (+.1/+.2)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (+.1/+.4)
3. DAYS 2.1/7 (+.2/+.3) * <——- 2 year high
4. GH 2.0/7 (+.1/+.3)

* New high for Tomlin/Whitesell regime
* Highest since January 31- February 4, 2011

Read more: http://www.soapoperanetwork.com#ixzz2VWlI5qFe
Edited by talbab1994, Jun 7 2013, 06:07 AM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Y & R had its highest rating of the week for the Jeanne Cooper Tribute--they really did a nice job and it's deserved. Days--terrific week! Again, the nice thing is that ALL soaps were up! Always good news!

lysie
Member Avatar

The dailies are great!

DAYS
Monday:
Tuesday: 2.2/2,992,000
Wednesday: 2.2/2,944,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,576,000
Friday: 2.0/2,797,000

lysie
Member Avatar

rae
Jun 7 2013, 05:16 AM
Jason47
Jun 6 2013, 10:30 PM
http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/nbc-soap-days-of-our-lives-posts-best-ratings-since-2011-1200493590/

Article by Rick Kissell

NBC sudser “Days of Our Lives” continues to make its case as a show worth keeping around.

“Days,” which earlier this year was renewed through September 2014, last week racked up its largest young-female audience in 18 months (645,000) and its largest overall audience in more than two years (2.83 million), according to Nielsen data for May 27-31.

The Sony Pictures Television soap was up sharply vs. the same week last year, including by 28% in women 18-49 (645,000 vs. 504,000), 34% in women 25-54 (824,000 vs. 616,000). It also averaged 278,000 additional viewers each night with its quickie repeats on cable network SoapNet.

Last week featured the birth of Gabi and Will’s baby — under arduous conditions, natch.

At this rate, it seems like another renewal extension for “Days” could be coming soon — especially since 2015 would mark its 50th anniversary, something few television shows have achieved.

“Days” began as a half-hour soap on NBC in November 1965 and was expanded to an hour about 10 years later. Earlier this year, it celebrated its 12,000th episode.

For the second quarter to date, “Days of Our Lives” is up between 5% and 10% in all key ratings categories, according to Nielsen.
Too bad they didn't mention that the week included the Kristen reveal...that's the only reason that I watched.
This wasn't the week the baby was born anyway.

I've gotta say. Whether it means anything or not, I'm happy this happened during a more vet heavy week.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Holy wow! When was the last time we saw straight 2s or better in a week? That's amazing!

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 7 2013, 09:37 AM
Holy wow! When was the last time we saw straight 2s or better in a week? That's amazing!
They almost hit 3 million on Monday and Tuesday! Crazy!

King
Member Avatar

DAYS has been must-see TV for me and my family and friends for months now. Two or three.

Hate on, haters!

So glad it got a little boost. I don't put much stock in ratings anymore, but I am happy for them.

am103
Member Avatar

Holy crap! Days came really close to 3 million viewers on Tuesday. How cool would THAT have been?! I couldn't even imagine the last time they had over 3 million viewers. Probably the serial killer story, I guess.

six
Member Avatar

I don't remember everything that happened that week, but the Krislena scene and the Nick reveal were wonderful.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wow nearly 3 million on Mon/Tuesday....NBC has to be happy with these numbers, considering the show is in when practically no one is home anymore...it does 2/3 of the tally for some of their primetime shows.

Also its nice to see viewership up by 1.6 million viewers for all 4 soaps combined.

King
Member Avatar

Blake Berris has been so good.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Fantastic news for Days!!!

I think the baby story was being wrapped up this week with Nick and Gabi's hospital bedside break-up. Great writing there. But the majority of the show was focusing on Kristen and the showdown with Brady. Even without the full wedding background viewers must have wanted to see this story reach it's climax.

I checked back on what was happening January 31-February 4, 2011 since it was mentioned as the big high two years ago and that was when Stefano and Ej were replacing Rafe with the doppelganger.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Great numbers for Days.

I have to eat a little crow regarding TomSell. Whether it's them or LB or some combination, the show has been much better than I thought it would be under them. I don't think I've missed an episode in 6 months and that hasn't happened for me since 2009. I don't love everything they've done (I'm looking at you Fetch!), but I genuinely look forward to watching Days now.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jun 7 2013, 10:15 AM
Fantastic news for Days!!!

I think the baby story was being wrapped up this week with Nick and Gabi's hospital bedside break-up. Great writing there. But the majority of the show was focusing on Kristen and the showdown with Brady. Even without the full wedding background viewers must have wanted to see this story reach it's climax.

I checked back on what was happening January 31-February 4, 2011 since it was mentioned as the big high two years ago and that was when Stefano and Ej were replacing Rafe with the doppelganger.

R2 and scarf-sniffing - and that was the beginning of a seven month decline in ratings. On the positive side, that also lead to Higley getting fired!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

FETCH is the huge pulsating boil attached to this shows ass at the moment....if they could just get rid of that, everything would seem much better in my eyes.

six
Member Avatar

am103
Jun 7 2013, 10:02 AM
Holy crap! Days came really close to 3 million viewers on Tuesday. How cool would THAT have been?! I couldn't even imagine the last time they had over 3 million viewers. Probably the serial killer story, I guess.
The article says that they hit 3 + million in 2011.
Edited by six, Jun 7 2013, 10:36 AM.

Ellie

six
Jun 7 2013, 10:32 AM
am103
It also said the baby was born last week.

six
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 7 2013, 10:51 AM
six
Jun 7 2013, 10:32 AM
am103
It also said the baby was born last week.
My mistake. I meant the press release in the OP. And it is correct -

3. DAYS 3,030,000 (+244,000/-93,000)

DAYS
Monday: 1.9/2,667,000
Tuesday: 2.1/3,071,000
Wednesday: 2.4/3,567,000
Thursday: 2.1/2,937,000
Friday: 2.0/2,910,000

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/39110-january-31-february-4-2011/

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

We can assume they're right about the 3+ million thing being 2011 because they were so close already and this is their highest since then. Not much room for it to be higher without being 3 million.

Tuesday and Wednesday SO CLOSE! I wouldn't be surprised to see a little dip next time, but hopefully they maintain a large chunk of this huge gain. Happy for the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply