Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tucker Recast Idea Nixed!
Topic Started: Jun 8 2013, 02:12 PM (1,268 Views)
bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Tucker recast idea nixed!

According to Twitter and Soap Opera Digest Y&R has called off the idea of a recast for Tucker McCall. Thank goodness someone came to their senses over there. No SN to me means no Tucker McCall.

Any thoughts?

SoapCentral

Edited by bellajewel, Jun 8 2013, 02:15 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Leisha
Member Avatar

I got the idea they halted the search for the funeral, but if they just get rid of the character all together it would be fine by me! He's not needed.

Soap digest...
A search for actors to assume the role of Y&R's Tucker played by Stephen Nichols from 2009-13 has been halted. The character was reportedly returning for Katherine's funeral and would then have a story, but an insider says the show decided it would be too distracting to have a new face in the mix.

I'd hate to see Katherine's funeral ruined by everyone comparing Tuckers or being pissed about what actor was chosen. He was only in her life 3 years of the 40 so the gathering should NOT about him no matter who portrays him. It's enough dealing with fans using her upcoming story as an employment campaign for Stephen Nichols.

Soapwatcher

"but an insider says the show decided it would be too distracting to have a new face in the mix."

I find that laughable, I know you didn't put that in but just simply quoting it, but its too bad that they didn't think that before they added all the newbies.
Edited by Soapwatcher, Jun 8 2013, 04:26 PM.

wawame

The only campaigning regarding Tucker I've seen is for Jill to look good with and get laid by whomever fills the role. If the GH fans I've read had their way, he'd return as Stefan. Seeing how a GH insider has leaked that they're interested in bringing back Stefan, and the folks at Y&R have nixed a recast, looks like no 'employment campaigns' are needed. If anything, SN may be looking at having to decide between the two soaps.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I had to delete most of the posts in this thread because of a couple people fighting back and forth concerning things that didn't occur here and didn't belong in this thread.

If you want to act like children I can put you in time out and keep you from posting for a few days.

am103
Member Avatar

So, question: I don't watch Y&R but I do like to keep myself informed about casting news, especially when it concerns Days alumni. Why was SN let go at the show? Was it his choice to leave or was the show indeed looking for a new actor to play Tucker?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

They needed to pay for Steve Burton. And having no particularly memorable stories or romances in 3 years the character it was an easy budget cut.
Edited by Drew, Jun 9 2013, 11:11 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wawame

am103
Jun 9 2013, 10:35 PM
So, question: I don't watch Y&R but I do like to keep myself informed about casting news, especially when it concerns Days alumni. Why was SN let go at the show? Was it his choice to leave or was the show indeed looking for a new actor to play Tucker?
JFP and SN, as well as GF, are known for having a 'not so friendly' history when they were at GH. It was accurately predicted that when JFP took the reign, both SN and GF would be the first on the chopping block because of that history. I've also heard rumors that change in contract status was involved, but have no idea how much truth is involved in that. And, as stated, SBu's salary had to come from somewhere.

LPS
Member Avatar

am103
Jun 9 2013, 10:35 PM
His character was never really needed. Maria brought him on as part of her collection of soap star alumni. Plus, he was suppose to be a Victoria Newman-esque replacement and that fell through after EB decided to stay.

kelly777
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Jun 8 2013, 04:23 PM
"but an insider says the show decided it would be too distracting to have a new face in the mix."

I find that laughable, I know you didn't put that in but just simply quoting it, but its too bad that they didn't think that before they added all the newbies.
THIS!!!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply