Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Monday, June 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 10 2013, 06:40 AM (16,052 Views)
AFaithL

Sweet and Salty
Jun 10 2013, 08:13 PM
JessicaLeigh
Jun 10 2013, 12:57 PM
Marlena, Kristen and, of course, Nicole all look fabulous today! Love ED and AZ in scenes together.

What can be said about John? Other than the now-obligatory: "What a prick." If we're meant to buy into the idea that he's held a candle for Kristen all these years I think I am going to literally vomit. Truly vile stuff. Jarlena, RIP.

I really like the actor now portraying J.J. and his role as audience surrogate is well-served and believable, but I also understand (gasp!) where Daniel is coming from. In his shoes, I'd be ready to ring the kid's neck too, dead daddy or no dead daddy.
You know...what's up with that! He has NOT held a candle for Kristen all these years! WHY did he say this?? He hates her with a passion!! Someone give me their take on this! It's not the way it was written! So why is he doing this?! Right after Marlena busted Kritter, he was back to Marlena calling her Sweetheart, saying now they can go back to the way they were (in so many words)... now he's saying he hasn't lost all feelings for Miss Kristen. Anyone understand this? Am I missing something?!
Well, at least I can fathom why Drake was tweeting this weekend pro-J&M stuff (ie wanting to hit it out of the park). Nothing is a coincidence. I think he knew what scenes were about to air this Monday and anticipated the backlash.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

elci525
Jun 10 2013, 01:01 PM
Matt
Jun 10 2013, 01:00 PM
I'm at least glad Sami wore a nice dress that looks good on her for the shooting since we'll be flashing back to it for months.
I agree with her looking good - finally. I just don't want to have to keep seeing the pink streak, but the rest of the look was pleasing. Thankfully
What IS that pink strip in her hair? A hair extension or is it dyed?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Daniel was way out of line rough housing JJ around like he did. Would he have done the same to Abby in that situation? I bet not. He's a professional adult trained to handle crisis under pressure and how he reacted was completely in the wrong. Sure JJ is a punk getting under his skin, but the boy was shocked over Parker being in harms way. JJ didn't intentionally set out to hurt Parker. He was just a stupid kid acting in a selfish manner. He definitely deserved a tongue lashing and to be thrown out, but not manhandled. I'm disappointed that Jennifer didn't bring up that point to Daniel.
I really do like JJ's addition to the Dannifer storyline. It feels so much more honest to the relationship struggles than the goofy stuff they concocted with Chloe.

Kristen and Sami were nothing compared to the fun of Kristen and Nicole! So looking forward to the continuation of their battle tomorrow! I'm ecstatic they finally decided to pit these two powerhouses actresses against each other!

Brady and Nicole are comfortable and familiar, but not my first choice to have paired romantically. I just don't get sparks with them that pull me over the moon. I do like their friendship though and I can understand them falling back into bed together. I like seeing all sides of Nicole and I've been bored with her convent stint so I am open to where this may go.

I feel for the Marlena and John fans with today's episode. What a slam. I think Marlena slapped the wrong responsible party.....yes writers, that would be you.

So all is forgiven with Gabi and Sami? I would have appreciated time taken for a real honest heart-to-heart between these women. These are the moments that give needed depth to the tale and shouldn't be squandered to rush other plots along. Show us character growth and connection in a meaningful manner, especially when it comes to such an important story. I hate to see them gloss over Gabi and Sami's relationship.

So Sami still loves Rafe. It's not surprising considering their history together. I actually liked hearing her speak freely without Ej over her shoulder monitoring her every move. She's obviously one needy messed up chick when it comes to the matters of the heart. And, I'm not surprised by the move to keep viewers continually guessing which way the wind blows today for Sami. This is a soap and this is how they roll.

I still think the whole 'cut it off', crude and disgusting, but they obviously wanted something quick and that would generate talk. So they have it.

I will always like Sami with a gun in her hand. BANG! Here we go.

Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

You know what would make this Sami story way more interesting to me?
Spoiler: click to toggle
I want her to at least have somewhat of a sinister motive here. I don't need or want her to be a martyr.
Edited by tomsawyer, Jun 10 2013, 09:35 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Today was a day of WTFery.

It wasn't really bad, just full of WTFery.

John still having feelings for Kristen-WTFery

Jen not slapping Dr Orange for manhandling her son-WTFery

Bernardi hiding behind a curtain IN PLAIN SIGHT-WTFery

Sami blubbering on to a comatose hairy Rafe-WTFery

No one hearing Sami stomping up behind Bernardi-WTFery

Sami shooting Bernardi when there was no build up whatsoever-WTFery
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

I just finished the show--wow Sami didn't even look to see who was hovering over Rafe--just shot him dead! Saving Rafe is the only good and decent thing she has done in months!

As far as the spoilerish stuff that came out in Atl., I think if NBC gave the writers the "OK", the writers would drop the Ejami mess in a flash, so maybe that's happened and everything they spoke of in Atlanta is now null and void! AND, also I know for a fact that JS was giving some good comments and hope to Ejoles that weekend too..sooo, just saying..

Sami does love Rafe. EJ will have to deal with it, looks like it's going to happen!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Jun 10 2013, 10:04 PM
I just finished the show--wow Sami didn't even look to see who was hovering over Rafe--just shot him dead! Saving Rafe is the only good and decent thing she has done in months!

As far as the spoilerish stuff that came out in Atl., I think if NBC gave the writers the "OK", the writers would drop the Ejami mess in a flash, so maybe that's happened and everything they spoke of in Atlanta is now null and void! AND, also I know for a fact that JS was giving some good comments and hope to Ejoles that weekend too..sooo, just saying..

Sami does love Rafe. EJ will have to deal with it, looks like it's going to happen!
Okay. This is what I've asked y'all not to do. If you heard it first hand, fine. If NBC wants them to drop anything, they haven't had time to do it since Atlanta.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Classic
Jun 10 2013, 08:09 PM
I can't wait to see EJ's reaction when he finds out Sami shot Stefano's minion trying to save Rafe's life.
I 'm more interested in his reaction,when he finds out the plan Stefano actually had for Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jun 10 2013, 10:15 PM
Classic
I can't wait to see EJ's reaction when he finds out Sami shot Stefano's minion trying to save Rafe's life.
I 'm more interested in his reaction,when he finds out the plan Stefano actually had for Rafe.
He'll probably think, "Damn, I knew I should have taken that gun away from Samantha!"
Online Profile Goto Top

camera shy

BeeBee
Jun 10 2013, 10:15 PM
Classic
Can we get everybody's reaction to that? :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jun 10 2013, 09:17 PM
elci525
Jun 10 2013, 01:01 PM
Matt
Jun 10 2013, 01:00 PM
I'm at least glad Sami wore a nice dress that looks good on her for the shooting since we'll be flashing back to it for months.
I agree with her looking good - finally. I just don't want to have to keep seeing the pink streak, but the rest of the look was pleasing. Thankfully
What IS that pink strip in her hair? A hair extension or is it dyed?
When it first appeared,I think someone posted that AS said in an interview that she had it dyed.I liked Kate's blue streak better,it didn't seem garish like the pink in AS blonde hair.The sooner this pink streak is gone,the better.It clashes with everything she wears.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

^^ She still has it.
Online Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Did Kristen say to Sami that she would screw up with EJ again and EJ would toss her out, again?

I'm confused as to when Sami screwed up with Ej and he tossed her out? Did this make any sense?
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Hamilton
Jun 10 2013, 10:27 PM
Did Kristen say to Sami that she would screw up with EJ again and EJ would toss her out, again?

I'm confused as to when Sami screwed up with Ej and he tossed her out? Did this make any sense?
No, it usually was the other way around with EJ doing the screwing up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Hamilton

Yes - I had the same thought/question.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

elci525
Jun 10 2013, 10:32 PM
Hamilton

Nope but in the scheme of things that don't make sense this ones minor league.
Online Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Hamilton

I had the same thought. On the tiny list of things that have remained consistent about EJ over the years, never rejecting Sami is one of those things.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 10 2013, 10:40 PM
Hamilton

I had the same thought. On the tiny list of things that have remained consistent about EJ over the years, never rejecting Sami is one of those things.
Except there have been times he has rejected Sami.
Online Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

concerned
Jun 10 2013, 10:41 PM
tomsawyer
Jun 10 2013, 10:40 PM
Hamilton

Except there have been times he has rejected Sami.
When she wanted to be with him? When?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

elci525
Jun 10 2013, 10:32 PM
Hamilton

Okay, thanks. I thought that came across weird, but that maybe I had missed something somewhere.

I should have known it was out of place when I also heard Sami spewing about not wanting her kids living in the same house as Kristen???! :eyeroll: As if Kristen leaving then provides her impressionable children the perfect home setting. :blink: That's why I enjoyed the Nicole/Kristen sparing so much better. Those I understood.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic