Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Monday, June 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 10 2013, 06:40 AM (15,871 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 10 2013, 10:43 PM
concerned
Jun 10 2013, 10:41 PM
tomsawyer
Jun 10 2013, 10:40 PM
Hamilton
Jun 10 2013, 10:27 PM
Did Kristen say to Sami that she would screw up with EJ again and EJ would toss her out, again?

I'm confused as to when Sami screwed up with Ej and he tossed her out? Did this make any sense?
I had the same thought. On the tiny list of things that have remained consistent about EJ over the years, never rejecting Sami is one of those things.
Except there have been times he has rejected Sami.
When she wanted to be with him? When?
She always wanted to be with him even when she was hating him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

concerned
Jun 10 2013, 10:47 PM
tomsawyer
Jun 10 2013, 10:43 PM
concerned
Jun 10 2013, 10:41 PM
tomsawyer
Jun 10 2013, 10:40 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepagain and EJ would toss her out, again
Except there have been times he has rejected Sami.
When she wanted to be with him? When?
She always wanted to be with him even when she was hating him.
LOL. Sorry, I was going by what actually happened on the show rather than the re-writes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mollymay

lysie
Jun 10 2013, 10:10 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Jun 10 2013, 10:04 PM
I just finished the show--wow Sami didn't even look to see who was hovering over Rafe--just shot him dead! Saving Rafe is the only good and decent thing she has done in months!

As far as the spoilerish stuff that came out in Atl., I think if NBC gave the writers the "OK", the writers would drop the Ejami mess in a flash, so maybe that's happened and everything they spoke of in Atlanta is now null and void! AND, also I know for a fact that JS was giving some good comments and hope to Ejoles that weekend too..sooo, just saying..

Sami does love Rafe. EJ will have to deal with it, looks like it's going to happen!
Okay. This is what I've asked y'all not to do. If you heard it first hand, fine. If NBC wants them to drop anything, they haven't had time to do it since Atlanta.
Well, you can't get much more first hand than I did in Atlanta being as how I sat right next to James Scott at lunch (he hit my leg with his 7 times...I counted) and one thing he made very clear to us at the table was that the producers (DeCozette, he said Meng didn't have much power anymore) Bruce Evans and NBC LOVE Ejami! They loved the buzz they loved the ratings and I quote "Lisa told him and Ali that in all her years in soaps she had never seen a couple with chemistry the way Ejami have it". I don't know what he told the Ejoles, I wasn't there, but I can tell you exactly what Ari Zuker said to me ...which is that the Ejole baby is not alive and when asked in my presence if there was any hope for an Ejole reunion she said and I'm quoting her here...."I doubt it, at least not for a very, very long time". And just for the record, my memory isn't tempered by time or desire for any one couple. I wrote stuff down so I could remember it precisely as it was told to me. My short stint as a journalist taught me that.

As for today's show, I didn't see love from Sami...what I saw was guilt. Guilt because she feels bad for basically stringing Rafe along when in her heart it was always EJ. Guilt because she rushed off and Ciara was able to hide that envelope thus leaving Jensen on the loose. Not love, just guilt.

Sure Sami cares about Rafe, mostly for her kids sake, her her heart belongs to EJ and Rafe is just going to have to deal with that...when he wakes up in oh maybe 3 months time from what I hear... ;) .
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

is Nicole a better woman in Sami's eyes for Brady?

(although Sami getting an opinion on anyone else's love life is pretty funny).
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jun 10 2013, 10:24 PM
^^ She still has it.
IRL as of 6-10-13?
Edited by BeeBee, Jun 10 2013, 11:24 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Hey Dan, I hope there aren't any bookshelves or chocking hazards or things that could harm Parker while he plays unsupervised in that room you left him alone in. That would be so darn irresponsible.

Oh Bricole....you can give Ericole a run for their money.

John and his stupid plan. I hope Marlena kicks that face vacuum to the curb.

Is Bernardi trying to cut off Rafe's manhood because I'm confused about him trying to get under the sheets.

I need Sami to never again have a scene where she is sad and blubbering.

I want to root for Jennifer and I think she has a point but I hate her on principle and her terrible taste in men.

Kristen bores me despite ED's awesomeness.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jun 10 2013, 11:23 PM
gailwinters
Jun 10 2013, 10:24 PM
^^ She still has it.
IRL as of 6-10-13?
Yes....well, as of 6/6.
Online Profile Goto Top

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

I just watched today's episode and all I got is "That is the worst attempt to cut off a penis I have ever seen"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 10 2013, 11:20 PM
is Nicole a better woman in Sami's eyes for Brady?

(although Sami getting an opinion on anyone else's love life is pretty funny).
It looks like Sami unintentionally implied this. And if she had to choose between Brady and Eric, she'd sacrifice Brady in a heartbeat than allow her twin anywhere near Nicole.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

greeneyedgirl
Jun 11 2013, 12:18 AM
I just watched today's episode and all I got is "That is the worst attempt to cut off a penis I have ever seen"
Um, how many have you seen?

<grin>

Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

mollymay
Jun 10 2013, 11:01 PM
lysie
Vicky4Mimi
I just finished the show--wow Sami didn't even look to see who was hovering over Rafe--just shot him dead! Saving Rafe is the only good and decent thing she has done in months!

As far as the spoilerish stuff that came out in Atl., I think if NBC gave the writers the "OK", the writers would drop the Ejami mess in a flash, so maybe that's happened and everything they spoke of in Atlanta is now null and void! AND, also I know for a fact that JS was giving some good comments and hope to Ejoles that weekend too..sooo, just saying..

Sami does love Rafe. EJ will have to deal with it, looks like it's going to happen!
Okay. This is what I've asked y'all not to do. If you heard it first hand, fine. If NBC wants them to drop anything, they haven't had time to do it since Atlanta.
Well, you can't get much more first hand than I did in Atlanta being as how I sat right next to James Scott at lunch (he hit my leg with his 7 times...I counted) and one thing he made very clear to us at the table was that the producers (DeCozette, he said Meng didn't have much power anymore) Bruce Evans and NBC LOVE Ejami! They loved the buzz they loved the ratings and I quote "Lisa told him and Ali that in all her years in soaps she had never seen a couple with chemistry the way Ejami have it". I don't know what he told the Ejoles, I wasn't there, but I can tell you exactly what Ari Zuker said to me ...which is that the Ejole baby is not alive and when asked in my presence if there was any hope for an Ejole reunion she said and I'm quoting her here...."I doubt it, at least not for a very, very long time". And just for the record, my memory isn't tempered by time or desire for any one couple. I wrote stuff down so I could remember it precisely as it was told to me. My short stint as a journalist taught me that.

As for today's show, I didn't see love from Sami...what I saw was guilt. Guilt because she feels bad for basically stringing Rafe along when in her heart it was always EJ. Guilt because she rushed off and Ciara was able to hide that envelope thus leaving Jensen on the loose. Not love, just guilt.

Sure Sami cares about Rafe, mostly for her kids sake, her her heart belongs to EJ and Rafe is just going to have to deal with that...when he wakes up in oh maybe 3 months time from what I hear... ;) .
Ari only speaks about what's aired. If the baby hasn't been showned on camera to be alive then she would say the baby is dead even if she knew the baby would turned up alive in a few weeks. And Rafe has moved on from Sami and accepted that she's with EJ. There's nothing for him to deal with as far as Sami is concerned. Ej is the one lurking around corners eavesdropping trying to figure out who Sami truly loves.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

I hate fickle females. HATE them. It makes them unlikeable. It's a big reason why I despise Sami. Say what you will about Nicole, but she's not a fickle bitch who demands that men pant after her. Which is why Nicole is 100% more likable.
Offline Profile Goto Top

niki

annie21
Jun 10 2013, 05:49 PM

They use the rich history of the show only when it suits their purposes, scanning quickly and grabbing a quick snippet or two here and there to use as they see fit (often twisting it around in the process). And when they're not doing that, they totally disregard history and just assert their own version -- which they feel free to rewrite a few years or even months or weeks later.

I'm all for evolution and layering. But this isn't that. It's just plain laziness and lack of caring.

While I'm not a devout J&M fan, and while I've enjoyed each of them with other pairings in the past, this current dismantling of their history and their characterizations is egregious and unnecessary. I see it as a slap not only to their fans, but to Days fans in general, because it may be J&M getting the "treatment" now, but they aren't the first and they most assuredly won't be the last.

Yep. The whole thing is disgusting. You know I never bought into the idea that writers 'hated' certain characters - I always felt, well they had ones they preferred to write for but how can you hate a character you're writing? But I take it back. There is absolutely no sense to the destruction of John in this manner other than these writers can't stand him. Get rid of him, fine - they've put him in a coma and killed him before. Backburner - again, been done before. But to take the absolute heart of a character and twist it this way so as to betray the past 20 years of story is just vicious and insulting. No wonder Drake has been doing such a poor job. It's must be so disheartening to dismantle a character you've played for 20+ years for absolutely no purpose.

Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

I just finished watching the show:

- Kristen and Sami confrontation: Sami was so horrible ranting at Kristen. She sounded like a really bad rapper trying to rattle off her lines. Ugh. I was so happy Kristen got one over her. I wished she wiped the floor with her face.

- Kristen vs. Nicole. ALL KINDS OF WIN! More!!! :D ED's throat was kind of very distracting when the camera panned to her face. I guess all aging actress have those wrinkles. But acting-wise, both are superb. Is it too much to ask the writers to include Marlena into the mix next time? :D

- I am John/Marlena fan and this episode for them is beyond DISGUSTING. I don't deny that John loved Kristen in the past, hell, we have seen a lot, BUT for him to still have feelings for her after all the time that has passed, AND after all the things that she has done to him and to Marlena.... COME ON. No freaking way. It's bad enough that Marlena had to find out about this stupid plan of seducing Kristen to expose her evil ways to Brady, but for John to also admit that he also still had unresolved feelings for her?! What are the writers smoking?! I HATE THIS. FUCK this storyline. DHer was outstanding, as always, but FUCK the writers for re-writing history in to BULL SHIT.

- I understand that Parker's safety was compromised, BUT did Daniel really had to go off the rails with JJ? Why do these people: Jennifer and Daniel expect JJ to be responsible and capable of babysitting JJ? Hey, Jennifer, even if JJ is not 4 anymore, it doesn't mean he knows how to take care of a baby or toddler, ya hear? Geez. JJ should be more responsible and focused, yes, but why are these people acting like Parker had broken his head open? JJ was irresponsible, fine, Parker had a close call. He is unhurt. Why the need to crucify him and force the "virtues" of the god of Daniel on him? Geez, give me a break. Dannifer SUCKS, too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

chinkybig
Jun 11 2013, 05:08 AM

What are the writers smoking?! I HATE THIS. FUCK this storyline. DHer was outstanding, as always, but FUCK the writers for re-writing history in to BULL SHIT.

Rewritten history, you say? Contradicts what we saw with our own eyes? Surely you jest. No, it's gotta be true. A real fact, I tell ya!

Or something.

Yeah. That's it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mollymay

camera shy
Jun 11 2013, 01:55 AM
mollymay
lysie
Vicky4Mimi

Ari only speaks about what's aired. If the baby hasn't been showned on camera to be alive then she would say the baby is dead even if she knew the baby would turned up alive in a few weeks. And Rafe has moved on from Sami and accepted that she's with EJ. There's nothing for him to deal with as far as Sami is concerned. Ej is the one lurking around corners eavesdropping trying to figure out who Sami truly loves.
Well since I was the one in coversation with Ari...and her comment about the Ejole baby was in response to my question...."Do you think they will ever give Nicole a child?" I can tell you her response was not only concerning what had aired but also concerned the future.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I really don't want to put a ban on talking about what was said at events, but I will. If you weren't at the event, stop telling people what was said.
If you were at the event, remember that you didn't hear everything. And that needs to be it for this topic in this thread.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

mollymay
Jun 11 2013, 08:42 AM
camera shy
mollymay
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Well since I was the one in coversation with Ari...and her comment about the Ejole baby was in response to my question...."Do you think they will ever give Nicole a child?" I can tell you her response was not only concerning what had aired but also concerned the future.
Despite I sure in that in near future Nicole will not have child or hint she have child some where.why would ari would tell to ej and sami fan there alive child to Nicole from ej.I sure there at least half of ej and sami fans wanted to Nicole to miscarriage both times because ej is the father.if there was alive child she would not said it to ej and sami fan
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 10 2013, 06:26 PM
wait, they left Parker *alone*?? Didn't we JUST see that 5 seconds alone and he'll try to kill himself?
You'd be suicidal too if you had to deal with Fetch on a daily basis.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mollymay

Partnersincrime
Jun 11 2013, 08:54 AM
mollymay
Jun 11 2013, 08:42 AM
camera shy
mollymay

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Despite I sure in that in near future Nicole will not have child or hint she have child some where.why would ari would tell to ej and sami fan there alive child to Nicole from ej.I sure there at least half of ej and sami fans wanted to Nicole to miscarriage both times because ej is the father.if there was alive child she would not said it to ej and sami fan
As Lysie said I didn't hear everything, but I did hear what was said to me. And also, I don't go waving an Ejami flag when I go to events. I try to be considerate and supportive of all the actors and the show. Ari had no idea I was an Ejami fan. I'm sorry if it upsets you or isn't what you want to hear, but I'm just reporting and for the record I don't lie about it or make it up to suit my agenda.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic