Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, June 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 11 2013, 07:04 AM (12,456 Views)
gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 11 2013, 07:13 PM
I really liked the Eric/Brady scenes. Like...I liked them a lot, and it was kind of odd because it's not like I have a huge investment in their relationship.

I didn't like how the shooting played out at all. I don't think anyone's character motivations made much sense. With one exception, I don't think any of the actors did well with the material, and they all seemed like they were acting in different stories. The exception was LK. She and Stefano were close to the dynamic I actually enjoyed between the two of them.

I really just don't like Maxine, and it's just stupid giving her scenes like that with Gabi. If you want that scene, give Gabi a mom. If you don't want to do that, don't give her scenes like that, and let Will have that scene with Sami, Marlena, or Kate.

BTW, there's absolutely no way Bernardi didn't hear Sami slamming around in that bathroom. Please.

I have no words for Drake, and it cracked me up that at one point the camera stayed on Deidre for an eternity because seriously...showing Drake would have done nothing. He's been doing that thing with his head a lot the last couple of months. WHHHHHYYYYY????

I think it'd be overkill to have all five of Marlena's kids onscreen at one time, but I sure would like just one scene with all of them as adults one day.
I was just thinking about those scenes with Maxine and Gabi! I generally like Maxine, but the writers continue to have her doing things that seem to be invented to give her screen time. That scene had no basis to occur.

I have become so fixated on why Drake is holding his head that way that it wouldn't matter what he said, because I can't hear him while he's doing that.
Online Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I rather enjoyed today's show.

Eric & Brady made me all squishy inside.

Stefano playing conductor of the orchestra was old school Stefano & I freaking loved it!

Kristen & Nicole was made of win, & I can't say who I'm rooting for more in this scenario. While I desperately want some movement in the Ericole dept, I'm willing to have a side of Bricole I suppose. I liked them back during the miscarriage part of the baby switch story.

I didn't think Sami was terrible today, even with her snorting & shaking. I thought it would be a valid reaction of someone who always overreacts.

I LOATHE that we have to have Rafe (comatose or not) anywhere in this story, but apparently Tomlin still has to pimp his boy.

They've also made me hate Maxine with the fire of a thousand suns for her constant need to pimp the bore & the orange & constantly in scenes giving people sage advice. Enough already!! She could've been so much more.

What to say about face eating John Black..... Oy. I get DHim wasn't happy with the material, it is a bit WTF, but you do your job. It seems he was acting like a big ole baby with an obvious crick in his neck who Didnt get his way & decided to just phone it in. DHer had her work cut out for her.

I'm interested to see where we're headed with this Bernardi story & I give Days points for moving right into the next story instead of sitting in neutral until the next sweeps.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

I don't dislike Maxine, but she was on four times last week, according to Jason's chart, and I would wish to see others more. Kayla. Justin. Adrienne. Lucas. These folks could use some time. They're recurring characters, too. I've been waiting for what seems like forever to see more of Kayla, and I know fans of Adrienne, Justin, and Lucas feel the same.

I'm not against Maxine. She's fine. But I don't want to see her at the expense of others. I want to see her ALONG with others.

Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

lysie

I think it'd be overkill to have all five of Marlena's kids onscreen at one time, but I sure would like just one scene with all of them as adults one day.
YES YES! I wanted that since 1999. I believe the most we've had at one time is three. I know Sami, Belle, and Carrie shared some scenes together in 99 and 06, and of course Sami, Eric, Brady recently but I really want a scene with all five together so badly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jun 11 2013, 07:46 PM
I don't dislike Maxine, but she was on four times last week, according to Jason's chart, and I would wish to see others more. Kayla. Justin. Adrienne. Lucas. These folks could use some time. They're recurring characters, too. I've been waiting for what seems like forever to see more of Kayla, and I know fans of Adrienne, Justin, and Lucas feel the same.

I'm not against Maxine. She's fine. But I don't want to see her at the expense of others. I want to see her ALONG with others.

I LOVE Maxine but I totally agree we shouldn't have her at the expense of more Lucas, Kayla, Adrienne, Abe etc.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Jun 11 2013, 07:56 PM
lysie

YES YES! I wanted that since 1999. I believe the most we've had at one time is three. I know Sami, Belle, and Carrie shared some scenes together in 99 and 06, and of course Sami, Eric, Brady recently but I really want a scene with all five together so badly.
Sami, Belle, Carrie, and Eric were all onscreen at the same time at one point. I really hate that Carrie and Brady were onscreen at the same time last year and never interacted. Belle and Carrie didn't get much interaction when they were both on either.
Online Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 11 2013, 02:40 PM
It's been three days.

Day one, Rafe was beaten, muffins were stolen, Gabi was at hospital that night and Kate went to confront stefano.

Day Two, Nick/Gabi are kidnapped by Jensen, Kristen/Brady fight about Rafe beating, Will is shot, John goes to Kristen's room, Ari Jr is born, Bristen break up, Will meets his daughter.

Day Three (Today), Kristen was held for questioning, Nick/Gabi breaks up, kristen goes to brady, John is smacked by Marlena, stuff happens with JJ, more stuff happens with JJ, Stefano wants a dick in a box, Cop is shot, Kate/Sami fight, blahblahblah.
This would explain why the cut beside Rafe's left eye has not healed even though he has been in the hospital for about month in real world calendar time. Speaking of which , shouldn't someone on staff have treated that cut with some butterfly bandages are something? It's unseemly.

I thought today was a pretty good episode, mostly due to the Kristen, Nicole and Stefano. Kate and Abe also had a few nice moments.

It's a good thing Gabi isn't still trapped in that shed on Smith Island because that baby of hers would starve.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Kriss4, I'd love to see more of Kayla. TIIC just refuse to do anything with the fabulous MBE. Like you, I rather see her and (for me) of course more Lucas. Adrienne and Justin a going to be on more for a while, so that's something. I also miss Julie and Doug.
Edited by Reese, Jun 11 2013, 08:02 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Well, now and then we get Dr. Kayla, and that's fine. But remember when Gabi was in bad shape? They thought she might lose the baby. Nowhere was it ever mentioned that Kayla actually had a connection to that baby. Will IS her nephew, and the baby is part of her family, but she might as well have been just any doctor, because they didn't acknowledge the connection.

That's a fail. Sorry. It just is. So when I see Maxine getting these scenes where she gets to be all maternal to Gabi, I think, hmmm....

So, nothing against Maxine, per se. But spread the wealth.

I'll quit bellyaching about it now, cuz that can be annoying. But I do wish the show would spread those moments around more. I mean, I would love to see a more in depth Kayla/Caroline scene, or Kayla/Hope. Or, hey, Kayla/Joey. Something. Anything, LOL!

Done. For now.

Edited by Kriss4, Jun 11 2013, 08:14 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

docjohn99

Did it occur to anyone that Dhim and DHer, may not have liked the material that they were given. For months you could see the Pain in both there eyes just speaking the lines. They are both great actors but they have also been co workers for years. This had to be hard on them as they, know that this not their characters and how the fans want to see them. That could account for Drakes lack of enthsuasim for the last few episodes.
Edited by docjohn99, Jun 11 2013, 08:25 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

docjohn99
Jun 11 2013, 08:23 PM
Did it occur to anyone that Dhim and DHer, may not have liked the material that they were given. For months you could see the Pain in both there eyes just speaking the lines. They are both great actors but they have also been co workers for years. This had to be hard on them as they, know that this not their characters and how the fans want to see them. That could account for Drakes lack of enthsuasim for the last few episodes.
We know Drake didn't like the material. He has said so. That doesn't mean he had to suck this bad.
Online Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Regarding Maxine, this is a problem Days has had many times before. They find an under-five who people seem to notice and like, and they give the person more and more lines, except they forget to actually expand what the character's role should be. For example, since Maxine is popular, at least make her a real person, lol. Show us her apartment, give her a story, give her friends. Work her into the Salem canvas. But instead, she's Maxine the wonder-nurse, who is also an EMT, maternity nurse, social worker, psychologist, orderly and physician's assistant.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 11 2013, 08:47 PM
Regarding Maxine, this is a problem Days has had many times before. They find an under-five who people seem to notice and like, and they give the person more and more lines, except they forget to actually expand what the character's role should be. For example, since Maxine is popular, at least make her a real person, lol. Show us her apartment, give her a story, give her friends. Work her into the Salem canvas. But instead, she's Maxine the wonder-nurse, who is also an EMT, maternity nurse, social worker, psychologist, orderly and physician's assistant.
the last person they worked in sucessfully, imho, was Craig.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

blueskies
Jun 11 2013, 08:58 PM
Ellie
Jun 11 2013, 08:47 PM
the last person they worked in sucessfully, imho, was Craig.
Exactly - I remember reading an interview with Patrika D'Arbo, and she said that people were saying they wanted to see more of the Wesleys, so the family was further developed. Really the same happened with Roman in the 80's - the Bradys only came on because of him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jun 11 2013, 12:33 PM
Ellie
Jun 11 2013, 12:31 PM
I have to have Days on in the background today but rewound the DVR to see that Marlena shove. Whoa. Great acting but... it reminds me of the J&M story under Tom Langan. Why not give your actors a chance to shine in scenes that don't dismantle their characters and relationship?
Marlena is being built up and is probably in the best position she's been in since her return. John is done for, but I'm not heartbroken over it. I've wanted Marlena to act like this for months now and its about damn time. Very intrigued to see where she goes from here.
I'm a Jarlena fan, but John is utterly destroyed at this point. He still has feelings for Kristen Dimera? Move on Marlena and be the strong and ambitious woman you were in the 1980's.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Well, they need to do something more with her. I agree. But not at the expense of characters I already love. She can join them, but does she have to overtake them? Cuz, while I like her, I love them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

quesla

so I watched the show and well. here are my thoughts ALI just doesn't make good acting choices. happy to see Abe, Kayla and Hope wish we saw them more an not just involving Sami. love me some Stefano and Kate. Brady and Eric were sweet. I wish Brady would have given Kristen more hell . I was so looking forward to the catfight and scenes between Ari an Ed but it just fell flat idk if they edited it weird or what but it was disjointed at one point it looked liked ED forgot her lines. I always felt like I missed something whenever they were on. what can I say about Drake only I didn't hear him say he was leaving town I might have missed that because Deidre was awesome . I just wish that she would have brought more of their history up than Kristen . They have been through to much for John to be confused.
Online Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

So, wait, that's it for John and Marlena? Is this the last scene for a long while for DHer and DHim? Or there will be another one before John goes off canvas? I just feel Marlena needs to wipe the floor with his face a little but more.

I kind of wish they have tied in the J/M fallout with Brady coming to Marlena to apologize for not believing in her. I kind of wish they were commiserating together and berating John together for what he has done. Simply because I always liked it when Brady and Marlena band together.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Pretty sure jason47 has said that we have more of Drake going into July?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Having seen Sami shoot men before I had to wonder if she'd be in such a state of shock or if anger would be a more appropriate response in the immediate aftermath? Would it be more Sami-like to run forward pissed at not knowing who this man was, why he was about to chop into Rafe and dammit just look what the hell he made her do?
But then she'd probably see the knife.
Okay, so Sami instead is overcome with shock. I guess I could buy that version due to the swift nature of the events and her not being able to process her drastic measures. In her minds eye all she sees is the glint of the raised knife and that she had to stop it from plummeting into Rafe. Well now that I've accepted this version (thanks for your patience while I worked that out) I thought Ali did a fine job initially of going into that zone. I also thought her repeating why she had to do it once off in the waiting area with Ej was a good way to reiterate her focus during the shooting. The thug was secondary, she had to stop the knife.

Kristen and Nicole were pure delight. Yanking her hair right out! Go Nicole! I'm giddy knowing so much more is coming for us with this pair. I think they are going to make my summer Days B-)

Brady and Eric having some brother bonding. Nice boys. Wonder how long they'll be hugging it out with Nicole on her good will mission with Brady? More summer fun.

I think Stefano likes his Kate full of fire. ;) I haven't been a big fan of this whole 'cut it off' plan, but damn Stefano is all his opera glory today was marvelous!!!

Hope on the case! Love that we still have her on the show and in full cop mode.

Gabi was flat today. 'Who would do this to Rafe?' Oh come on! Really Gabi?! The Maxine scenes are sweet to me. The kid is really on her own and this woman is the eyes and ears of the hospital so I don't see anything wrong with her stepping in and being warm and supportive when she sees need. I do agree that Kayla could be used more in this capacity too, but I like Maxine shown as a mothering nurse.

Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic