Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, June 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 11 2013, 07:04 AM (12,563 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Today's show wasn't bad.

The Brady/Eric and Nicole/Kristen scenes were a WIN for me. I really, really, like really liked Brady and Eric...and I can just imagine what it might work toward, and as an Ericole fan, now I'm looking forward to it and I'm not so bent out of shape over what might come next week. Anyway....was that a hint of jealousy I see there with Eric toward Nicole? Hmmm.....he wants to know just how involved she's going to get with Brady and the way Nicole just turned around and left was perfection....Eric, drop the fucking collar or you are going to lose your woman.

I liked how they gave us a glimpse of what Sami was thinking pre shooting....I didn't think Ali was that OTT as others have said...but I also didn't think she made all the right acting choices.....I thought it would have played better to have her be forceful like she was over her shooting the culprit and then as the situation set in and the scenes played out I thought she should have gone into more of a 'shock' moment and she should have remained more silent as Hope kept asking the questions...

Ej shuffling Sami away was awkward as hell.....really played off weird IDK...

In watching this now, I think the CSI guy was definitely the one who took the knife....he's working for the Dimeras for sure.....It would make sense for Stefano to have this guy on payroll to clean up after what he thought was going to be a dickless Rafe....but obviously he's cleaning up after a dead crooked cop and Rafe's dick is intact...brain might not be but that's another story...oh well...opera is over Steffy....

LOVED the Kate/Stefano scene...loved Kate telling him to send the goons for her too if he ever attempts to kill Rafe again or else he will be a dead man.

Overall good show...

Notice how I didn't even mention Drake.....just awful...really just awful....every scene with everyone the last two days...just bad
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jun 11 2013, 10:04 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 11 2013, 09:40 PM
Ej shuffling Sami away was awkward as hell.....really played off weird IDK...
It really was - glad I wasn't the only one to notice. But I think it had more to do with the physical hysterics of Sami shuffling that way - the way AS played her movement. If the point was to convey Sami's discomfort it worked, but it just played as awkward and a little jarring, and not in a character-context kinda way. Just odd.

And I agree about CSI man as I've said - I've got my eye on him.
Edited by elci525, Jun 11 2013, 10:14 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

I keep replaying Brady's confession list spoken to Father Eric. Thank you! Finally!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Matt
Jun 11 2013, 12:17 PM
Stefano gleefully conduction opera has he thinks his plans are playing out GIVES ME LIFE!
That was THE BOMB!!! :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

DiMeraFan67
Jun 11 2013, 12:44 PM
I feel like its crazy to just praise someone when you have no clue what's going on behind the scenes, but I'm giving Lorraine Broderick so much credit right now. That scene was perfectly executed and I love it.
Who is Lorraine Broderick? Sorry I have Bronchitus and am all drugged up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

PatNS
Jun 11 2013, 01:02 PM
Matt
Jun 11 2013, 12:58 PM
I bet that security guard who seemed intent on eavesdropping on EJ/Sami works for Stefano & is the one who swiped the razor.
That's a good possibility but I thought it ended up underneath him ... how didn't anyone see it when they lifted his body to put him on the gurney? But it probably slid under something and the guard picked it up. Someone at the hospital has to be working for Stefano because someone had to call Stefano and tell him what happened and that person had to be someone at the hospital.
1. Are Nicole's feelings for Father Eric waning?

2. I thought the blade was put in the evidence envelope, and Abe saw it, recognizing it to being a Dimera item! At least the look on Abe's face showed an element of awareness to something!
Offline Profile Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Straight up MOURNING my ship right now. I need to be alone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Well she's been praying that they be taken away or whatever. She doesn't want to have feelings for the priest and I don't think she wants to hurt Eric and ruin something she believes makes him happy and is actually good at. Nicole, shockingly has put Eric first and I like that about her. Maybe her prayers have been answered. I have a feeling Eric's feelings will magically resurface when he sees her with his step brother, it's already started. Eric does seem possessive of her but not in a Dimera or cray cray manner.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

I am like 90% satisfied by this show at this moment - except for the destruction to my favorite couple. How can Tomsell be doing so many things right (Nabi/Wilson, destruction of Bristen, Ericole, Hope/Ciara, Ejami, etc.), but still have Dannifer front and center and neglect Dattilo and Hogestyn? (Let's not comment on commitment to character or anything - these two dudes have served Corday Productions for 20+ years each.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 11 2013, 09:36 PM
Pretty sure jason47 has said that we have more of Drake going into July?
Well the original info came from Drake (who said he last taped on March 18)...all I added was that the March 18 episode would air sometime in mid-late July.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jun 11 2013, 11:07 PM
Who is Lorraine Broderick? Sorry I have Bronchitus and am all drugged up.
Courtesy of my staff biography page: http://www.jason47.com/days/staffbios.html

Breakdown writer Lorraine Broderick Delehanty once taught English as a Second Language. She was also an associate dean and professor at Wesleyan University. She began her daytime career as a writer for "All My Children" from 1979-1991. She has also written for "Guiding Light" (1992-1993), "Another World" (1994-1995), "All My Children" (1995-1997), "As the World Turns" (1998-1999), "Port Charles" (2000-2001), "One Life to Live" (2001-2004), "Guiding Light" (2004-2005), "All My Children" (2010-2012). This is Broderick's second stint with "Days." She was the show's head writer, briefly, for 19 episodes from October 15, 1999-November 10, 1999. Broderick has been nominated for 15 Daytime Emmy Awards, winning six times (1985, 1988, 1993, 1996, 1997 and 1998). Broderick was born January 17, 1949 in Andover, Massachusetts and is married to Ronald Delehanty. Tenure: October 15, 1999-November 10, 1999; August 17, 2012-Present.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

The majority of TomSell's writing makes zero sense. I think anything done right is an accident. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

Sweet and Salty
Jun 11 2013, 10:28 PM
Matt
Stefano gleefully conduction opera has he thinks his plans are playing out GIVES ME LIFE!
Awesome! Awesome! They need more of that. He used to always listen to the opera...
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

Sweet and Salty
Jun 11 2013, 11:28 PM
PatNS
Jun 11 2013, 01:02 PM
Matt
Jun 11 2013, 12:58 PM
I bet that security guard who seemed intent on eavesdropping on EJ/Sami works for Stefano & is the one who swiped the razor.
That's a good possibility but I thought it ended up underneath him ... how didn't anyone see it when they lifted his body to put him on the gurney? But it probably slid under something and the guard picked it up. Someone at the hospital has to be working for Stefano because someone had to call Stefano and tell him what happened and that person had to be someone at the hospital.
1. Are Nicole's feelings for Father Eric waning?

2. I thought the blade was put in the evidence envelope, and Abe saw it, recognizing it to being a Dimera item! At least the look on Abe's face showed an element of awareness to something!
That envelope contained is badge and ID, not the weapon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

nickyj12345
Jun 12 2013, 12:20 AM
I am like 90% satisfied by this show at this moment - except for the destruction to my favorite couple. How can Tomsell be doing so many things right (Nabi/Wilson, destruction of Bristen, Ericole, Hope/Ciara, Ejami, etc.), but still have Dannifer front and center and neglect Dattilo and Hogestyn? (Let's not comment on commitment to character or anything - these two dudes have served Corday Productions for 20+ years each.)
Sorry but I do not think ej and sami as something tosmell did right and I not saying it because I hate them I do hate them. I saying it because it obvious tomsell is force to write to them
Offline Profile Goto Top

niki

OK so I can agree the cocked head and the tortured face were a bit hard to take but I'm not entirely sure what else DHim was supposed to do in these scenes considering the WTF dialogue about having feelings for Kristen and 'doing it for Brady." He had what, 2-3 lines during these scenes, that barely amounted to a sentence. Exactly how was he supposed to convey much without any convincing dialogue or dialogue at all. This was intended to be a DHer scene giving him hell - not for DHim to apologise/grovel and that's down to the writers and director - not the actor.

It's not that I'm a particularly big fan of his - I am of J&M and it angers me that what the writers have done to actually makes people happy to see John go. I am angry at the writers, not the actor who had little material to work with and possible direction that contradicts what we would have liked to see. Perhaps he was instructed to look indifferent during this scene - to make us hate John more...that does seem to be the overriding point behind this entire SL as there has been no other purpose seeing as Ciara and Johnny are the ones who actually produced the proof of Kristen's lies. And if you consider that the point of this SL WAS to make us hate John - then well, his acting has conveyed just that.

There is all kinds of bad acting on this show and I agree some are better at taking such crap and making it work than others but I sympathise that in this situation it must have been hard and I choose not to be annoyed with how it was played and concentrate my annoyance more on the fact it had to be played in the first place.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

JoeBucs32
Jun 12 2013, 12:32 AM
Sweet and Salty
Jun 11 2013, 10:28 PM
Matt
Awesome! Awesome! They need more of that. He used to always listen to the opera...
The look on his face was just too cute and funny. I 've got to see that scene again. :popcorn:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dutchgirl

I actually liked today's show. More Eric and Brady and Kristen/Nicole/Marlena please!

Somebody mentioned how great it would be to have all Marlena's children together --> Yes! Just to take a nice family picture.

Speaking of her children, is this the 'we-are-going-to-be-nice-to-Marlena week'? Yesterday Sami defended her mother by telling Kristen how kind and forgiving Marlena is and today Brady told Eric how Marlena has always been there for him.

If only our shrink was there to hear it.....She might even change her will in favor of the two of them ;-).
Edited by Dutchgirl, Jun 12 2013, 06:36 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rae

Hope there will be a scene in the near future where we see Brady apologize to Marlena. Could be good....if written well. One can only hope...
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

rae
Jun 12 2013, 06:35 AM
Hope there will be a scene in the near future where we see Brady apologize to Marlena. Could be good....if written well. One can only hope...
I agree. That would be a must see scene if writtern well. Plus, Doc deserves an apology after the crap Brady pulled.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic