Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, June 12th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 12 2013, 06:51 AM (12,165 Views)
AFaithL

And not only has Nicole lied to Brady in the past, but she threw flesh-eating bacteria into his girlfriend's face AND spiked his drink with a drug (?) to get him to fall off the wagon. So she's no innocent.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jun 12 2013, 10:36 PM
And not only has Nicole lied to Brady in the past, but she threw flesh-eating bacteria into his girlfriend's face AND spiked his drink with a drug (?) to get him to fall off the wagon. So she's no innocent.
i know. when she said she's always been truthful with him it was a big "what the what" moment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 12 2013, 09:57 PM
Sami only has two sons. No daughters.
THANK YOU! I meant to mention that. I loved that she said that because it was so damn in character for her to forget her daughters existed. Seriously, Sami being all about her sons is so perfectly fitting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 12 2013, 10:48 PM
lysie
THANK YOU! I meant to mention that. I loved that she said that because it was so damn in character for her to forget her daughters existed. Seriously, Sami being all about her sons is so perfectly fitting.
It's the kind of thing that I'd like to know whether or not it's intentional. It makes sense, but is that a mistake? Probably, lol.
Online Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I thought the EJ jealousy drama was just so weird to throw into this script. I assume that's not going to be the extent of dealing with his jealously so why bother bringing it up on a day like today??? Even at his worst, I really don't think EJ would be focused on his insecurities at that moment. And if that actually WAS the extent of dealing with EJ's jealousy, well than that's even worse. Because that was a whole lot of set up to quickly resolve with a "You are the man I love." Seriously, they should have just left it out of today.

The part I did like was EJ saying that he'd rather Rafe be dead than Sami be in this mess. That seemed perfectly in character and the sentiment made sense at this moment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

lysie
Jun 12 2013, 10:34 PM
Supergirlx2
Jun 12 2013, 10:32 PM
lysie
I'm going to have a hard time explaining this. I'm still not loving the show, but I'm in a better place with it right now. It's not going to sound that way, though.

I'm really not liking how this shooting story is playing out. I mean, there's my obvious issue with AS's acting, but that's not even the biggest part. The details of it are just bad. Why on earth would security or the Salem PD leave Sami alone anywhere? Why is EJ allowed in a crime scene? I went back and forth with the Ejami scenes. Some of it I liked and some I didn't. I see where they're both coming from, but this really isn't the time for EJ's insecurities. But even fresh out of shock, Sami wouldn't be stupid enough to talk about Rafe like that to EJ. It's just weird, and seems like it should be happening later. I'd prefer EJ be completely focused on Sami (and stop yelling at everyone) and then the stuff about Rafe come back later. Also, seriously. If the knife were in a vent, they'd have seen someone throw it in there and make that awesome shot. Come on.

I'm really liking Kate lately, and her scenes with Wilson and Gabi (yesterday I think) are making me miss seeing her with her kids.

I also really liked the lady playing Bernardi's wife. She was really good, and way better than AS. I found their scene completely contrived, but she pulled it off. Glad to hear she'll be hanging around (we heard that, right?)

I could just weep over Brady/Marlena. And I thought EM was pretty good today. The John/Brady scenes weren't great, but Brady's part in it was good. I wish John was more aware of how stupid this whole thing is.

I really haven't been enjoying ED this last couple of weeks. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not.

Kayla said something funny, and I can't remember what it was. Also, she's dressed SO MUCH better than usual. I wish we could see her as more than a doctor. Her ex-sister in law and brother are investigating the shooting done by her niece and her great nephew and great great niece are in the hospital. A little boy Joey's age just lost his father, and that should really be stirring up something for her. She's not just doctor.

Drake briefly got that crick out of his neck.

i'm with you. so far, the shooting story is a complete clusterfuck. and things were going so well with Rafe's attack & the stuff with Jensen. but, of course, we needed to give Sami & EJ some drama.

i also agree that Kate's been written well lately. and Lauren's been playing those scenes well as well. Regardless of how people feel about Rate, you've gotta admit that Lauren did a really good job with those bedside scenes.

the Kristen stuff has been somewhat of a clusterfuck reveal, followed by a bunch of randomness just to attempt to add more drama.

Poor Sydney & that other one...what's her name again??? oh yeah... Allie.
I don't have an issue with giving EJ and Sami drama. I just don't think it's playing out well. But it's playing out better than the shooting details are.
it really isn't playing out well at all. i'm wondering who the breakdown writer is for this stuff. it's definitely not the same person who did the Jensen stuff.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 12 2013, 10:55 PM
I thought the EJ jealousy drama was just so weird to throw into this script. I assume that's not going to be the extent of dealing with his jealously so why bother bringing it up on a day like today??? Even at his worst, I really don't think EJ would be focused on his insecurities at that moment. And if that actually WAS the extent of dealing with EJ's jealousy, well than that's even worse. Because that was a whole lot of set up to quickly resolve with a "You are the man I love." Seriously, they should have just left it out of today.

The part I did like was EJ saying that he'd rather Rafe be dead than Sami be in this mess. That seemed perfectly in character and the sentiment made sense at this moment.
Exactly. And it could have been really good if it had happened at a different time in the story. It just wasn't the time.
Online Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jun 12 2013, 10:36 PM
In defence of Nicole ( because I can't help myself )

1. The flesh eating bacteria was sctually non sterilised medical equipment. It's not like she actually sourced flesh eating bacteria. And may i add the idea was samis suggestion.

2. She didn't actually go through with spiking bradys drink. She put the stuff in his drink but then knocked it out of his hand before he had a chance to drink it.
Edited by concerned, Jun 12 2013, 11:15 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

six
Jun 12 2013, 02:22 PM
Brady and Marlena's forehead rest was kind of disturbing. Who does that with their mom?
:unsure:

All 3 of my kids... They aren't 50 like Brady though.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Miselemeas

Lord knows, am no Sami fan anymore,but can not blame her for stopping
the bad cop from killing Rafe[ as she thought]She only had a moment to decide,
does not hurt ,that Rafe is my hero,and I did not want him in harms way. Slainte
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Who'd think that this late in the game Sami would actually be Rafe's hero? Nice that they are letting her stand firm that despite the predicament it's put her in, pulling the trigger was the right decision in the moment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I LOVE Bernardi's widow. Can we keep her please? She really was a lot better than most of the regulars on the show!

Nice Brady/Marlena scene. I don't even like Brady, but it was good to see them make up and to see Marlena not throw it in his face that he's a reckless jackass, who only thinks about himself.

I usually NEVER let writers character assassinations sway my opinion, but in this case I do think John Black needs a break and I'm not upset about it. I do hope he returns for November sweeps or something like that and I hope Drake decides to take his job a little more seriously, regardless of what he thinks of the material.

Always great to see Marlena vs. Kristen and then the scene with Kristen deleting John out of her phone and deciding not to delete Marlena. Brilliant. And intriguing. The writers are basically FORCED to come up with something fresh for Kristen now that John is off canvas. We'll see how that goes...

Kate and Kayla interacting? Okay, whatever that was fun. I wish they would utilize Kayla a little more. It was good to see her today, but her scenes are always so minor. Even though she got to announce Bernardi's death and tell Kate that Sami shot a cop...big moments, but I just hate how she feels so unimportant. MBE needs more screen time.

Loved Kate and Will and enjoyed her breaking the bad news to Will slowly. One thing at a time until she was just like "Yeah sorry Will there's no way to not blow your mind now..." I wish Will would have said "No grandma, Gabi can't move in with you because you live in Horton Town Square and the coffee shop."

I don't even know if I should bother commenting on the fact that EJ was telling Abe and Hope how to investigate a crime scene. Considering they have about 50+ years on the police force this was a damn joke. but at least we got Abe's greatest one liner in history out of it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Why does nobody understand that its not Sami's fault Bernardi is dead, it's Dr Dan's day off which is to blame.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Yeah, I found the Brady/Marlena scene to be extremely touching and sweet. I love that Marlena appears to be closer to her step-children (Brady and Carrie) than she is to Sami, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

DiMeraFan67
Jun 13 2013, 12:57 AM
Quote:

Kate and Kayla interacting? Okay, whatever that was fun. I wish they would utilize Kayla a little more. It was good to see her today, but her scenes are always so minor. Even though she got to announce Bernardi's death and tell Kate that Sami shot a cop...big moments, but I just hate how she feels so unimportant. MBE needs more screen time.

I'm sure part of it is that Mary Beth is recurring as Kayla, and that means she has little chance at story. But...they gave Victor some story with Maggie, you know? I'm not asking for the moon here. But Kayla IS more than a doctor, and I'd like to see her life. I don't understand why I can't. Why can't we see her with Joe sometimes? It has to be stressful for her...I mean, she's a doctor and a single parent. Her mother has Alzheimer's Disease. Her brother, who she was close to, he's apparently gone. Her family's in huge upheaval right now. What's her life like? How's she doing?

Show me. I'd like to know.

Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Nevermind
Edited by AFaithL, Jun 13 2013, 09:33 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jun 12 2013, 07:43 PM
I really liked the writers fucking with Sami by having her bond with Bernardi's widow before realizing who she was. The more Sami suffers, the better, provided she doesn't cry or try to cry during these moments.

If you set aside the forensic incompetence by letting everyone in Salem and their neighbor into the crime scene, the case against Sami is actually a pretty solid one, especially without the knife\razor. I'm now starting to wonder how the writers are going to extricate Sami from this predicament as she obviously is not going to prison for the shooting.

I can't wait for Lucas to discover Sami has shot another man.

Has Marlena visited Will while he has been in the hospital? I'm asking if it was mentioned in passing at some point because there was never any visual depiction of it.

Sonny obviously had relinquished the Salem brain by suggesting Gabi and Arianna move in with him and Will. The writers had better make this story a comedic one otherwise there is nothing good that can come from this.
I do not think it been mentioned
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jun 13 2013, 07:33 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jun 12 2013, 05:23 PM
vettejb
Jun 12 2013, 04:49 PM
cockymom
Jun 12 2013, 12:54 PM
LuvingLumi
Jun 12 2013, 12:48 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Sadly enough, he's doing a better job too. As many people as they let hang out in the room since the shooting, that knife could be anywhere!
IDK, but it bothers me that they are going to whitewash EJ to the point of making him bland white bread. So, I suppose all the Bradys will be praising him soon because he is trying to be Sami's hero. Also, are we suppose to believe that neither Hope or Abe (with like a hundred yrs. police work experience) knew to check the vents while searching for a weapon? Only the great EJ knew that?!!!!
I hate him in this hero EJ to the rescue role. First off it's not his strong suit so it dulls him down. Secondly, he is now playing the Rafe role. Same words, same comforting mannerisms. "Listen to me, I'll handle this, I'm here for you, we'll beat this together". He's even asking her to not act so impulsively. :huh: So we have Ej running around, putting on gloves searching the crime scene for evidence to help Sami's case. Oh brother!

Hell they might as well keep Bo and John off-screen and Rafe in a coma. Who needs those good guys anymore?! We have EJ! He'll save Sami and take down Stefano all the while being Will's greatest confidant and superior dad to Johnny, Sydney and that other girl (even though we never see that one) Hero Ej, ready to bend the rules for the greater good and to earn a kiss on the cheek from Grandma Caroline.
You forgot to add sarcasm emoticon.unless ej taken the knife we going to suffer this kind crap the all storyline and more
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Lady Evol
Jun 12 2013, 11:25 PM
six
Jun 12 2013, 02:22 PM
Brady and Marlena's forehead rest was kind of disturbing. Who does that with their mom?
:unsure:

All 3 of my kids... They aren't 50 like Brady though.

His age is the reason that i found it inappropriate. If i were a new viewer, I would have thought they were going to kiss. Comforting is fine, but like i said later, I also don't want to see him sitting on her lap or having a tickle fight with him. The time for that has come and gone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Panda Panda
Jun 12 2013, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't take what Kristen and Brady said to heart. They were obviously angry and making it seem like John is a cold bastard (which he kinda is but still) by projecting their personal problems with him onto his relationship with Marlena. Everyone else knows that isn't the case and that John & Marlena have a strong bond between them that's based on love and mutual respect.
Glad there's someone out here to keep us level headed! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic