Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of June 24th; *updated 6/17*
Topic Started: Jun 12 2013, 06:31 PM (30,620 Views)
lazydazes
Member Avatar

Days has always been a soap built around love and relationships. And Nicole deserves love like everyone else.
Shoot, I`ve been waiting on the show to tackle nicole`s abuse/tragic childhood, baby losses, etc. for eons now...it ain`t gonna happen. Throughout the years, instead of using her for a foil for the ariannas and taylors of the world, some rich development for nicole could have ensued by now. Plus there`s no reason why she has to stay stag/wave the `I`m Miss Independent` flag while everyone else in salem is finding love/true romance.
And uncle vic, who is he to snub anybody with his mobbish ass?Just because he`s hooked up with saint mcruffles, he think his opinion really counts. It don`t mean jack. As for the vic/nicole marriage, they`ve both done some things. But to paint nicole as the biggest baddest wolf in the whole thing doesn`t make sense to me. I also agree that nicole is probably one of the actual few that has gone to jail and paid for his/her crime or been ostrascized by the salemites. Even now brady/eric are the only ones who treat her with kindness. So in a sense she is still `paying`.
So victor can take his shriveled up, degrading remarks and choke on them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Nicole went to jail once and she didn't even serve her full term. She blackmailed Anna into using her Governor "friend" to give Nicole a full pardon.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Jun 22 2013, 01:48 PM
Days has always been a soap built around love and relationships. And Nicole deserves love like everyone else.
Shoot, I`ve been waiting on the show to tackle nicole`s abuse/tragic childhood, baby losses, etc. for eons now...it ain`t gonna happen. Throughout the years, instead of using her for a foil for the ariannas and taylors of the world, some rich development for nicole could have ensued by now. Plus there`s no reason why she has to stay stag/wave the `I`m Miss Independent` flag while everyone else in salem is finding love/true romance.
And uncle vic, who is he to snub anybody with his mobbish ass?Just because he`s hooked up with saint mcruffles, he think his opinion really counts. It don`t mean jack. As for the vic/nicole marriage, they`ve both done some things. But to paint nicole as the biggest baddest wolf in the whole thing doesn`t make sense to me. I also agree that nicole is probably one of the actual few that has gone to jail and paid for his/her crime or been ostrascized by the salemites. Even now brady/eric are the only ones who treat her with kindness. So in a sense she is still `paying`.
This show has proven that Nicole will never be treated any other way, it doesn't matter what she does. I like that she wants to be a better person. She may take on step forward and two steps back but as long as she's trying I'm all good, at least she's moving in the right direction. She may never become the good girl, I'm fine with that, at least she's not trying to murder/kill/rape/kidnap people as if it's a natural thing. She's accepted her very chequered past and is trying not to repeat those terrible mistakes. What she did to Jennifer was out of grief and has acknowledged how wrong she was and even went against her friend Chloe to make up for it. Nicole is absolutely no saint, but i sure like here better than every single character that is on this show because they are at least trying to show her growth. They need some serious push towards giving her a sense of self worth and respect for herself to keep her from settling for what she's doing now with Brady but at least I don't have to worry about everything else.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 22 2013, 01:57 PM
Nicole went to jail once and she didn't even serve her full term. She blackmailed Anna into using her Governor "friend" to give Nicole a full pardon.
EJ had kidnapped his own daughter and faked her death with bloody clothes and everything, charming.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Who said anything about EJ?

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 22 2013, 02:09 PM
Who said anything about EJ?
Touche.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lazydazes
I love the way you think. What a wonderful backstory.....possibly going to marlena, delving into her past. And AZ would SO kick a story like that! If they can handle Nick's situation, they can do this.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Panda Panda
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China, or in this case, a wonderful back story that can be played by a kick-ass actor? :shrug:

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jun 22 2013, 03:44 PM
Panda Panda
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China, or in this case, a wonderful back story that can be played by a kick-ass actor? :shrug:
Because a few posters mentioned she went to prison and paid for her crimes? Which it really didn't play out like that.

----------------------------------

http://daysofourlives.about.com/od/2013DaysSpoilers/a/Days-Of-Our-Lives-Spoilers-June-24-To-28-2013.htm

Monday, June 24

Despite Sonny, Sami and EJís protests, Will is determined to take responsibility for his motherís situation.

DVR Alert: Will confesses all to Abe.

Tuesday, June 25

Kristen is furious when Dr. Chyka reveals a tiny hitch in her plan.

Wednesday, June 26

Eric struggles to remember what happened to him, while Brady and Nicole react to Danielís theory about it all.

DVR Alert: Sonny warns Adrienne that if she's going to make him choose between her and Will, he's choosing Will.

Thursday, June 27

Jennifer is horrified when she learns JJ has been arrested!

Friday, June 28

Sami worries when she realizes her case is much bleaker than she imagined.

DVR Alert: Justin accuses Adrienne of tearing apart their family.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 22 2013, 05:50 PM
ladyofthelake
Jun 22 2013, 03:44 PM
Panda Panda
Because a few posters mentioned she went to prison and paid for her crimes? Which it really didn't play out like that.

----------------------------------

http://daysofourlives.about.com/od/2013DaysSpoilers/a/Days-Of-Our-Lives-Spoilers-June-24-To-28-2013.htm

Monday, June 24

Despite Sonny, Sami and EJís protests, Will is determined to take responsibility for his motherís situation.

DVR Alert: Will confesses all to Abe.

Tuesday, June 25

Kristen is furious when Dr. Chyka reveals a tiny hitch in her plan.

Wednesday, June 26

Eric struggles to remember what happened to him, while Brady and Nicole react to Danielís theory about it all.

DVR Alert: Sonny warns Adrienne that if she's going to make him choose between her and Will, he's choosing Will.

Thursday, June 27

Jennifer is horrified when she learns JJ has been arrested!

Friday, June 28

Sami worries when she realizes her case is much bleaker than she imagined.

DVR Alert: Justin accuses Adrienne of tearing apart their family.
She got out early but she did go. She has had to stand and admit her wrong doings and apologize for them. Some people accept her apologizes, others don't. She gets publicly shamed and called out for her crimes, and she gets treated like dirt by people, and she loses everything.

Other's get rewarded and their asses kissed by the people they hurt.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Fantastic66
Jun 22 2013, 03:13 AM
It makes no sense for Will to take responsibility for
what Sami did.I forgot that Will said that.How is Will
going to take responsibility for that?
I know. It was not Will's fault that Sammy shot the dirty cop. But she did lie about knowing him because of the video Chad filmed proves that she did know him (she told the police she had never knew him). But if she had not tried to get that evidence from him that day then she would not have known him prior to that night in RAFE's hospital room.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jun 22 2013, 03:42 PM
lazydazes
I love the way you think. What a wonderful backstory.....possibly going to marlena, delving into her past. And AZ would SO kick a story like that! If they can handle Nick's situation, they can do this.
AZ has said more than once she wants Nicole to face the demons that haunt her from her abusive childhood.

The writers will only take into consideration what a certain diva wants for herself.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Nicole, like everyone else in Salem, apologizes for her sins once she's caught but even then it doesn't keep her from committing more crimes. Let's not pretend Nicole is the sole victim of unfair treatment in Salem. Everyone has been called out on their wrong doings at one point or another. Some were able to mend fences with those they harmed (mostly cause everyone in that town is related to each other), and Nicole had plenty of opportunities to do that herself but she couldn't help but to make those same old bad decisions again and again.

That's why I wanted a real old school character driven redemption story for Nicole. She has it in her to be good (or grey) but it's an uphill battle and she keeps falling backwards. :shame:
Edited by Panda Panda, Jun 22 2013, 06:24 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

But everyone else ends up happy and rewarded while they share the same, and sometimes more of the blame.

She loses everything, and it stays lost. Even when she's the most innocent one she gets hurt the most.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Who else gets "rewarded" ?

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I'm so happy to see spoilers about Justin and Adrienne....sorry, just had to say that! :)

Cathalina

talbab1994
Jun 22 2013, 06:52 PM
I'm so happy to see spoilers about Justin and Adrienne....sorry, just had to say that! :)
Me too! I love the dynamic between the two and quite frankly Sonny needs someone firmly in his corner.

Not Amused

talbab1994
Jun 22 2013, 06:52 PM
Me too. It's makes for a nice refreshing change. Hope TPTB continue to utilize their talent. :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Kay I got the s/l mixed up.I was thinking about when Will first got
shot.I think he said he would take full responsibility were Sonny
was concerned.Ejami thought Will had seen the Video.Sonny wouldn't
let Will see it.I was thinking about when Will told Sami he was going to
tell Abe everything he knew.Abe wants to question Will and Sonny about
the ordeal.I guess Will thought Sami would somehow botch that up. :whistle:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Play nice in here. Feel free to comment on the characters, actors and show; just remember not to disrespect each other while sharing those opinions.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply