Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of June 24th; *updated 6/17*
Topic Started: Jun 12 2013, 06:31 PM (30,444 Views)
Sparrow

Miss Rhi
Jun 22 2013, 08:18 PM
Play nice in here. Feel free to comment on the characters, actors and show; just remember not to disrespect each other while sharing those opinions.
Your avatar is all kinds of awesome when you're laying down a little law.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Jun 22 2013, 06:52 PM
I'm so happy to see spoilers about Justin and Adrienne....sorry, just had to say that! :)
Count me in on that too. It's very refreshing to see. Loving all the Kiriakis drama between Justin/Adrienne/Sonny. Here's hoping for lots more. The dynamic between these three is awesome. Loving it.

supercool74
Member Avatar

This week looks like its going to be really good! Lots of WilSon. Justin and Adrienne. Will confessing to Abe?! Where is that going to lead? Can't wait!

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

What will :flipoff: Adrianne do when she see the video
of Sami/Bernardi?Will it be open season for
Will?I am sure Adrianne is going to seize the
moment.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jun 23 2013, 02:26 AM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 22 2013, 01:57 PM
Nicole went to jail once and she didn't even serve her full term. She blackmailed Anna into using her Governor "friend" to give Nicole a full pardon.
She also went to jail when accused of Trent s murder. Which she didn't do.

concerned
Member Avatar

Deserved it.

concerned
Member Avatar

Blackmailing someone into sex even if you are married to them is still Rape.

If Sami can get away with shooting Alan after he raped her I don't see why Nicole can't be forgiven for thinking killing Victor was her only option.

marie1969

concerned
Jun 23 2013, 05:13 AM

If Sami can get away with shooting Alan after he raped her I don't see why Nicole can't be forgiven for thinking killing Victor was her only option.
Sami shooting Alan was not calculated was it? my memory is fuzzy on that. perhaps someone can correct on that. on the other hand, Nicole murdering Victor was premeditated. She planned the whole thing and even used a disturbed teenager to carry out the diabolic plan and it was cold blooded murder.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

marie1969
Jun 23 2013, 02:37 PM
Nicole murdering Victor was premeditated. She planned the whole thing and even used a disturbed teenager to carry out the diabolic plan and it was cold blooded murder.
Wasn't this years ago?

Cathalina

ladyofthelake
Jun 23 2013, 02:53 PM
marie1969
Nicole murdering Victor was premeditated. She planned the whole thing and even used a disturbed teenager to carry out the diabolic plan and it was cold blooded murder.
Wasn't this years ago?
Yup!

I have no problems with how Victor and Nicole interact. There is a REASON for their mutual dislike, yet they can still work together when their is a common goal (ie Kristen and Brady). I like it when the shows remains true to its history and doesn't whitewash the past to push relationships that strain credibility.

concerned
Member Avatar

So Sami was carrying a loaded gun around in her purse back then.

Did kate give it to her for prom present?
Edited by concerned, Jun 23 2013, 03:26 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Done the research now.

'Alan came to Salem as Lucas' old buddy from West Point. Alan became infatuated with Carrie and even tried to rape her at Green Mountain Lodge. However, once Alan learned that Carrie had lost her virginity to Austin, Alan decided to go after Carrie's sister Sami. Alan dated Sami and eventually raped her. When Sami finally came forward, with this fact, Lucas and Carrie came up with a plan to trap Alan. Carrie attempted to trick Alan into admitting that he raped Sami. Carrie went to his apartment, but was shocked when she found a shrine to her in Alan's bathroom. Carrie saw a ski mask and realized that Alan was the person of attempted to rape her at Green Mountain Lodge. Sami learned what her sister was attempting to do and she raced to Alan's apartment. Alan took both Sami and Carrie hostage, but Austin and the police managed to save them. A rape trial followed. In an attempt to make Sami look like a liar, the defense made Carrie admit that her sister had lied about many things in the past. Alan was found not guilty and Sami vowed to destroy Carrie's relationship with Austin.

After a good amount of time had past, Alan showed back up to get his revenge on Sami. Alan had a gun and intended to rape Sami again. Alan and Sami fought on the docks and Sami managed to get the gun from Alan. Sami shot Alan in the crotch, which maimed him for life. Lucas managed to get Alan drunk in the hospital and got Alan to admit to raping Sami and many other woman. Alan was sent to prison.'

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

concerned
Jun 23 2013, 04:35 AM
Panda Panda
Nicole went to jail once and she didn't even serve her full term. She blackmailed Anna into using her Governor "friend" to give Nicole a full pardon.
How does that even remotely play into your argument of "Nicole paid for crimes" if she was sent to jail for something she didn't do?

In any case, the videos you're posting has nothing to do with what this conversation was originally about, "The Brady/Black brothers are stupid for lusting after women who tried to kill members of their family"

Which Nicole has done. Repeatedly. Whether or not the person "deserved" it is so beyond the point that it's in another solar system.

This is literally the most irksome conversation I've been in since I joined DR, so I'm just going to drop out before I develop an ulcer, especially considering that theconvo looks as though it's about to segway into another Sami Brady argument.

concerned
Member Avatar

marie1969
concerned
Jun 23 2013, 05:13 AM

Sami shooting Alan was not calculated was it? my memory is fuzzy on that. perhaps someone can correct on that. on the other hand, Nicole murdering Victor was premeditated. She planned the whole thing and even used a disturbed teenager to carry out the diabolic plan and it was cold blooded murder.
In Australia she'd get a reduced sentence based on Battered Spouse Syndrome.

The courts in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States have accepted the extensive and growing body of research showing that battered partners can use force to defend themselves and sometimes kill their abusers because of the abusive and sometimes life-threatening situation in which they find themselves, acting in the firm belief that there is no other way than to kill for self-preservation. The courts have recognized that this evidence may support a variety of defenses to a charge of murder or to mitigate the sentence if convicted of lesser offenses. Again, battered woman syndrome is not a legal defense, but may legally constitute:

Based on the fact that Victor was a mob boss with minions and a history of both killing people and entrapping woman by blackmailing them I think she'd have a good chance.

concerned
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 23 2013, 04:22 PM
concerned
Jun 23 2013, 04:35 AM
Panda Panda
How does that even remotely play into your argument of "Nicole paid for crimes" if she was sent to jail for something she didn't do?

In any case, the videos you're posting has nothing to do with what this conversation was originally about, "The Brady/Black brothers are stupid for lusting after women who tried to kill members of their family"

Which Nicole has done. Repeatedly. Whether or not the person "deserved" it is so beyond the point that it's in another solar system.

This is literally the most irksome conversation I've been in since I joined DR, so I'm just going to drop out before I develop an ulcer, especially considering that theconvo looks as though it's about to segway into another Sami Brady argument.
My points.

1) Even when she doesn't commit a crime Nicole still pays for it as opposed to committing crimes and having them glossed over and forgotten. She pays for it either by time in jail or by losing everything in life that is important to her.

2) The reason Brady is able to forgive Nicole for trying to kill his grandfather is because he knew how his grandfather Victor was treating Nicole at the time. He understands Nicole's past, he understands how his grandfather is able to make people feel powerless and unable to stand up to him. While he doesn't condone what Nicole did and pushed her away for it he understands why she would have done what she did. I also think he feels guilty for the way he treated her hence her being one of the first stops on his post rehab apology list.

3) I have no comments on why either of them are able to forgive Nicole for trying to kill Marlena. Think that was in the period Australia skipped.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

oK this isn't making a lick of sense.Why and how can Will
take the blame for Sami actions? :what: I am sure Will was
referring to the him getting shot.Abe wants to question both
him and Sonny.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jun 23 2013, 08:00 PM.

marie1969

ladyofthelake
marie1969
Wasn't this years ago?
I know it was years ago. I was responding to concerned's post comparing Sami shooting Alan to Nicole shooting Victor. Both incidents happened years ago. :shrug:

marie1969

concerned
Jun 23 2013, 04:21 PM
Done the research now.

'Alan came to Salem as Lucas' old buddy from West Point. Alan became infatuated with Carrie and even tried to rape her at Green Mountain Lodge. However, once Alan learned that Carrie had lost her virginity to Austin, Alan decided to go after Carrie's sister Sami. Alan dated Sami and eventually raped her. When Sami finally came forward, with this fact, Lucas and Carrie came up with a plan to trap Alan. Carrie attempted to trick Alan into admitting that he raped Sami. Carrie went to his apartment, but was shocked when she found a shrine to her in Alan's bathroom. Carrie saw a ski mask and realized that Alan was the person of attempted to rape her at Green Mountain Lodge. Sami learned what her sister was attempting to do and she raced to Alan's apartment. Alan took both Sami and Carrie hostage, but Austin and the police managed to save them. A rape trial followed. In an attempt to make Sami look like a liar, the defense made Carrie admit that her sister had lied about many things in the past. Alan was found not guilty and Sami vowed to destroy Carrie's relationship with Austin.

After a good amount of time had past, Alan showed back up to get his revenge on Sami. Alan had a gun and intended to rape Sami again. Alan and Sami fought on the docks and Sami managed to get the gun from Alan. Sami shot Alan in the crotch, which maimed him for life. Lucas managed to get Alan drunk in the hospital and got Alan to admit to raping Sami and many other woman. Alan was sent to prison.'
Thank you for doing the research. I could not remember all the details. It was so long ago LOL.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

I guess Will is thinking about the domino effect:

- Will asks Stefano for help getting the evidence.
- Stefano asks Bernardi to steal the evidence.
- Sami overhears Stefano tell him to keep the evidence.
- Sami fights Bernardi for the evidence.

It is misguided. He is not to blame for the shooting. Sami lied and said she has never met Bernardi before. She "had" to lie because she couldn't say how she knew him or why because it would implicate her son. Will is probably thinking that if he comes forward with everything, the truth that Bernardi was crooked and working for Stefano would be easier to prove.
Edited by Deverauxfan, Jun 23 2013, 09:05 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Cathalina
Jun 23 2013, 03:07 PM
ladyofthelake
marie1969
Wasn't this years ago?
Yup!

I have no problems with how Victor and Nicole interact. There is a REASON for their mutual dislike, yet they can still work together when their is a common goal (ie Kristen and Brady). I like it when the shows remains true to its history and doesn't whitewash the past to push relationships that strain credibility.
:hail:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply