Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of June 24th; *updated 6/17*
Topic Started: Jun 12 2013, 06:31 PM (30,101 Views)
Pookie
Member Avatar

concerned
Jun 14 2013, 03:42 PM
KweenBoda
Jun 14 2013, 10:21 AM
But if something happens between Eric and Nicole after she comes to his rescue, you know that the fact she slept with Brady is going to stop it COLD.
Eric's supposed to know who Nicole is.

Eric should know that in a crisis, sex is Nicole's instinctive safe harbour.
Him being all priesty isn't going to change that.

Him loving her for her other talents, letting her excel in other areas would change that.

He hurt her by putting Sami above his needs and her needs.
It wouldn't take a genius to work out that a man that Nicole cares for putting Sami first is going to cause issues.
Well, crazy, insufferable bitch or not, Sami is Eric's TWIN SISTER. Nicole should be bright enough to know he's going to be there for his family no matter what. And suggesting that a member of his family "rot" ain't exactly a smooth move.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Nicole was allllll wrong in their fight today. Even though I totally agree with everything she said! You can't say that to someone's twin brother and not expect him to react like "What the FUCK?!" I think anyone would be in awe of her statement, even putting aside the fact that she's Nicole f'n Walker.

Of course Eric's super condescending attitude was not a good look either. He does appear to totally look down on Nicole at all times like he's better than her. I don't blame her for getting pissed off about that.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Jun 14 2013, 03:58 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jun 14 2013, 03:50 PM
concerned
Jun 14 2013, 03:42 PM
KweenBoda
Jun 14 2013, 10:21 AM
But if something happens between Eric and Nicole after she comes to his rescue, you know that the fact she slept with Brady is going to stop it COLD.
Eric's supposed to know who Nicole is.

Eric should know that in a crisis, sex is Nicole's instinctive safe harbour.
Him being all priesty isn't going to change that.

Him loving her for her other talents, letting her excel in other areas would change that.

He hurt her by putting Sami above his needs and her needs.
It wouldn't take a genius to work out that a man that Nicole cares for putting Sami first is going to cause issues.
Well, crazy, insufferable bitch or not, Sami is Eric's TWIN SISTER. Nicole should be bright enough to know he's going to be there for his family no matter what. And suggesting that a member of his family "rot" ain't exactly a smooth move.
I personally don't believe in being there for your family no matter what.

I think there are just some members of families who are toxic self indulged people and they use that to get what they want. Blood is not enough to make you love someone.

I think that the attitude that the Brady's have that family is the most important thing and you forgive your family no matter what they do would be a very annoying attitude to be around particularly when you have a history like Nicole where its been shown that your family can do heinous horrible things to you.

concerned
Member Avatar

Plus what Nicole saw was Sami once again ruining someones life.
"don't let that woman's latest screw ups ruin everything you've worked so hard for"

Sami wasn't alone.
Sami has Roman, Marlena, EJ, Will, Caroline, Hope etc plus lucas and a comatose ex husband around.
Its hardly like when Nicole was in jail and she was alone.
Eric putting all his aims and goals on the backburner for Sami makes no sense.
Surely he can pray from afar.
Edited by concerned, Jun 14 2013, 04:26 PM.

Pookie
Member Avatar

concerned
Jun 14 2013, 04:26 PM
"don't let that woman's latest screw ups ruin everything you've worked so hard for"

Sami wasn't alone.
Sami has Roman, Marlena, EJ, Will, Caroline, Hope etc plus lucas and a comatose ex husband around.
Not only is he her brother, he's a PRIEST. So this eternal forgiveness is kind of his thing. And as far as I know, Sami hasn't personally, directly done anything to Eric. Correct me if I'm wrong because I've been watching less than a year.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Eric not being there for his family is just totally against his character, priest or not. And surely someone would put their plans on hold when their twin sister just got arrested for the murder of a police officer.

I don't like Sami at all anymore, but having Eric drop what he's doing to go support her made perfect sense.

concerned
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 14 2013, 05:05 PM
Eric not being there for his family is just totally against his character, priest or not. And surely someone would put their plans on hold when their twin sister just got arrested for the murder of a police officer.

I don't like Sami at all anymore, but having Eric drop what he's doing to go support her made perfect sense.
It makes sense. But it also makes sense that Nicole would want him to put himself first.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

No one claimed that it didn't make sense for Nicole to want Eric to put himself first, but it was wrong of her to talk about his sister that way right to his face. Nicole knows what kind of man Eric is and how much he cares for others (that's why she loves him) suggesting that he let Sami rot in prison was the dumbest thing Nicole could possible say to Eric and he has every right to be angry with her. Which I don't believe he is he seemed more disappointed in her than anything.

concerned
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 14 2013, 07:04 PM
No one claimed that it didn't make sense for Nicole to want Eric to put himself first, but it was wrong of her to talk about his sister that way right to his face. Nicole knows what kind of man Eric is and how much he cares for others (that's why she loves him) suggesting that he let Sami rot in prison was the dumbest thing Nicole could possible say to Eric and he has every right to be angry with her. Which I don't believe he is he seemed more disappointed in her than anything.
The facetious part of me wants to say "why not. Sami has no problem letting family members rot in prison whilst she goes on with her life".

But the logical part of me wants to point out by the time she said that she was exasperated, all she was trying to do was get Eric to think of the bigger picture.
There's really not that much that Eric can do that his other family members can't do, leaping the gun and postponing his trip was a rash reaction. He needed to stop and think.

Still I will eat my words if it turns out Eric is the one who magically gets Sami out of prison.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Obviously, Eric can't bust Sami out of prison but that doesn't mean he can't still be of support to Sami while she's in this situation.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

concerned
Jun 14 2013, 04:26 PM

Sami wasn't alone.
It isn't Sami's fault that she has family to rally around her and Nicole doesn't.

Let's say that Eric had been arrested under the same circumstances and Nicole had a trip planned about something that was really important to her. She would cancel her trip without a second thought, even though Eric has a whole slew of family members to support him. How could she expect less of him, both as a brother and a priest?

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Yeah you might have a point I guess I'm just really not looking forward to three weeks of everyone "supporting" Sami.

Ie in a wake me up when its all over way.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Speaking for myself as one half of a twin and also part of an Irish Catholic family We may not always agree or see eye to eye. But if my husband/friend/ex or anyone said that to me about my twin I would flip too. Nicole has her reasons for not liking Sami. But she should have put those feelings aside and been neutral in her support without bad mouthing Sami. Eric is not a selfish person and cares for his family. Nicole needs to respect that.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Which leaves Nicole in a position of constantly being badmouthed by Sami while Eric goes

"Now Sami, that isn't nice"

And Nicole must hold her real feelings in check and take Sami's abuse because Eric will beg her to "try to get along with my family, for my sake" and lecture her or dump her if she doesn't.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

TreasureCove
Jun 14 2013, 07:41 PM
Which leaves Nicole in a position of constantly being badmouthed by Sami while Eric goes

And Nicole must hold her real feelings in check and take Sami's abuse because Eric will beg her to "try to get along with my family, for my sake" and lecture her or dump her if she doesn't.

Not really...Nicole can tone down being so blunt with her words.
Edited by bellajewel, Jun 14 2013, 07:49 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Classic
Jun 14 2013, 07:47 PM
TreasureCove
Jun 14 2013, 07:41 PM

Not really...Nicole can tone down being so blunt with her words.
just like I'm sure Sami will tone down what she says to Eric about Nicole....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Really none of them has any right to talk poorly of the other. It's really a matter of who will grow up and take the high road first.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jun 14 2013, 07:59 PM
Really none of them has any right to talk poorly of the other. It's really a matter of who will grow up and take the high road first.
That's a joke, right? :mellow:

Poor Eric, tho. He's pretty much stuck with these two chicks and now Kristen is eyeing him for something. Priest can't catch a break.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 14 2013, 08:03 PM
MissLola
Jun 14 2013, 07:59 PM
That's a joke, right? :mellow:

Poor Eric, tho. He's pretty much stuck with these two chicks and now Kristen is eyeing him for something. Priest can't catch a break.
No it's not. They are equally awful. They both need to grow up. If they both really loved Eric they would shut up and support him and his life choices. I understand that probably never happen. But that would be the classy way to go.

AFaithL

Eric Martsolf in this week's SOD: "Brady and Nicole having sex is not well thought-out by them." I agree, Eric! I'm totally against rebound sex with people who are in love with others! It's just icky!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply