Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: June Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 1 2013, 01:30 PM (6,251 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

He was writing Lily being a model, the creation of Restless Style, Kay/Marge, Delia storyline, the ending of the Jabot cream storyline, and introduced Adam as CE. It was the very beginning of MAB's reign.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

^^ yup that's right. Here are specific dates Soapflake:

Josh Griffith:

Head writer: December 26, 2007 - April 21, 2008; October 12, 2012 Present
Executive Producer: January 29, 2008 - October 2, 2008

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

Both Jill and Josh have done complete WONDERS for this show, that I was worried would be cancelled by now due to Maria's lack of interest. They've both turned the show around and it has been the best it's been since their Out of the Ashes storyline. I have really enjoyed majority of the storylines they've been putting out.

I never thought I'd enjoy the Summer paternity storyline, but I actually am. It's providing amazing performances from Joshua Morrow (Nick) and Michelle Stafford (Phyllis). However, Hunter King (Summer) is not working for me, nor is the actor playing Kyle. They both need to be let go and recast.

The Jeanne Cooper tribute was beautiful. And I have complete faith that both Jill and Josh will respect Ms. Cooper's 40 years of dedication and make her on-screen death a brilliant and moving tribute. I hope that veteran cast members and characters return to the canvas around this time. Would love seeing Tucker, Brock, Mac and some others, too. Even an Amber return would be appreciated!

The MS storyline with Melody Thomas Scott's Nikki I feel is awesome. I love how they aren't making it a focus for her character, instead something she's always going to deal with and integrating it within her as a character. Josh is great at those kind of things.

The gradual breaks in both Lauren/Michael and Kevin/Chloe are appreciated. It's natural and like real life. I can appreciate it. So I hope they keep it up because it's keeping me intrigued.

LPS
Member Avatar

Out of the Ashes? That was an awful storyline, IMO. I hated how each group was "saved" in each episode. It felt unrealistic and awkward.

The last time Y&R popped was during the first year of MAB's reign, but we know how that sh*t ended.

soapflake02

I only wanna see the paternity story and how they will do Katherine's story. Don't care about the rest.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

livelikemusic
Jun 13 2013, 01:50 PM
Both Jill and Josh have done complete WONDERS for this show, that I was worried would be cancelled by now due to Maria's lack of interest. They've both turned the show around and it has been the best it's been since their Out of the Ashes storyline. I have really enjoyed majority of the storylines they've been putting out.

I never thought I'd enjoy the Summer paternity storyline, but I actually am. It's providing amazing performances from Joshua Morrow (Nick) and Michelle Stafford (Phyllis). However, Hunter King (Summer) is not working for me, nor is the actor playing Kyle. They both need to be let go and recast.

The Jeanne Cooper tribute was beautiful. And I have complete faith that both Jill and Josh will respect Ms. Cooper's 40 years of dedication and make her on-screen death a brilliant and moving tribute. I hope that veteran cast members and characters return to the canvas around this time. Would love seeing Tucker, Brock, Mac and some others, too. Even an Amber return would be appreciated!

The MS storyline with Melody Thomas Scott's Nikki I feel is awesome. I love how they aren't making it a focus for her character, instead something she's always going to deal with and integrating it within her as a character. Josh is great at those kind of things.

The gradual breaks in both Lauren/Michael and Kevin/Chloe are appreciated. It's natural and like real life. I can appreciate it. So I hope they keep it up because it's keeping me intrigued.
The only good s/l that JFP and staff has given us so far is the Nick and Summer paternity s/l. All the others have stunk. She is back burning the vets for the newbies and the only one in the entire group of newbies that can act and is nice to look at is Noah. She gave him a crap of a s/l and now he is roommates with Tyler who is capable of only one thing. Walking around showing his big nipples off. BIg fucking deal. Just what the viewers want to see. A man that is a ugly Charles Barkley lookalike that has big nipples. Sorry JFP has not done much for YnR. Too many newbies and not enough vets. She wants to make this her own show and you can bet that MS will not be the first to leave YnR because of lack or airtime. The less airtime the less money. The vets will be leaving one by one. Thanks to JFP. Another year and YnR will be unrecognizable.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Jeesh! Could today's Friday, June 14 show have been any more boring? If I didn't have my work in front of me to do, I would have literally fallen to sleep.

And what was with Dullan being in every scene every five minutes? Until Steve Burton picks up some pizazz and stops phoning in each and every one of his performances, this character is going to be an epic fail as is every storyline involving him.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

So Neil is going to make a list of people he may have pissed off?
I would put Malcom at the top of that list, after all, Neil knocked up Sofia.
Malcom is also a photographer, wouldn't surprise me at all to find out he's the one snapping pictures and writing the blog.
Only thing that would give me pause about that theory is, that the blogger went after lilly and I doubt he would do that to his own daughter.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Here is my thinking...
I think that Leslie's father found Dru when she went over the cliff.Got her to the doctor because her face took a beating on the rocks, took care of her, got her going again. Of course, with a new face. When she found out that he died and where he died she decided to come back for the memorial service and seen the whole family together, Neil included, and seen how the family moved on without her, thinking that Neil should have just pined away and died on the vine. She got pissed off and since she knew all the personal information of Neils she was able to get into the house and steal things that held his memories because she knew where he kept them all.
Mad at Lily for accepting Leslie as the new woman in Neils life. Sure fire way to pay Neil back for not pining away... ruin his livelihood and everyone elses around him.

Opinions?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Jun 14 2013, 05:20 PM
Here is my thinking...
I think that Leslie's father found Dru when she went over the cliff.Got her to the doctor because her face took a beating on the rocks, took care of her, got her going again. Of course, with a new face. When she found out that he died and where he died she decided to come back for the memorial service and seen the whole family together, Neil included, and seen how the family moved on without her, thinking that Neil should have just pined away and died on the vine. She got pissed off and since she knew all the personal information of Neils she was able to get into the house and steal things that held his memories because she knew where he kept them all.
Mad at Lily for accepting Leslie as the new woman in Neils life. Sure fire way to pay Neil back for not pining away... ruin his livelihood and everyone elses around him.

Opinions?
well that's an interesting theory, and would make for some fun, but not likely, when did Leslie's father find Dru, he was in prison.
Watch, it will be someone not even on anyone's radar, hopefully it's not a fizzle like the buildups during MAB's reign of terror. lol

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

How many years ago since Dru went over the edge? How many years did he sit in the big house?

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Jun 14 2013, 06:31 PM
How many years ago since Dru went over the edge? How many years did he sit in the big house?
I believe he's been in the slammer for 12 yrs lol.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Dru left the show in 2007. That doesn't mean that the soap writers won't come up with some far fetched change in history again,
Still bettin that Rose is Dru.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Jun 14 2013, 10:22 PM
Dru left the show in 2007. That doesn't mean that the soap writers won't come up with some far fetched change in history again,
Still bettin that Rose is Dru.
I thought they hired a red headed white chick to play Rose...i thought I saw that somewhere. I dont think its Dru lol

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

:headbang:
geeeez you are right 3 Wish...technically. lol.

ArthriticBill
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Jun 13 2013, 05:39 PM
I only wanna see the paternity story and how they will do Katherine's story. Don't care about the rest.
Welp, according to what JW said at the beginning of the tribute eppy, they will start remembering Kay in a couple of months.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Jun 14 2013, 06:31 PM
he was in prison for 12 years, but, now that you mention it, he was corresponding with Rose before he went to jail. If this was going to happen, you know crazypants vr would be all over the place saying she's coming back. lol

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Oh no I don't see her darkening the doors of Y&R again. She sunk her canoe all by her lonesome.
She would be recast. But like 3 wish said... this Rose is white. EEK! Either that or she developed the same skin condition as Michael Jackson. Crazier shit has happened.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

what did you all think of the new assistant Cane hired?
I thought she was gorgeous and if I were Lilly, I wouldn't been so quick to tell Cane to hire her. :D

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Yeah, I seen a twinkle in his eye and a twitch in his jeans.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply