Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R Casting News
Topic Started: Jun 13 2013, 02:21 AM (2,664 Views)
Peridott
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Soaps In Depth has just learned that Leslie Stevens has been cast as Rose Turner -- the mystery woman involved with Leslie and Tyler's dad, Gus and who just may hold the answer to the mystery regarding the online blogger targeting Neil! Stevens, who played Justine Calvert on SEARCH FOR TOMORROW, will first air on Thursday, July 25.

SID
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Looks like she's another redhead that can take care of herself.

metitle
Member Avatar

I really dont get Tyler and Leslie's existence.
I suppose Y&R is trying to fulfill diversity requirement on the set, but really Tyler and Leslie's storyline is a wash.
I hope this new person coming means the end of the storyline. They should be given better storyline, although I think they wont get any better.
Because Steve Burton is more popular and he is in a awful storyline as well.

Soapwatcher

for a minute I thought she might be the new Phyllis, she looks a lot like Michelle, she really could have played Avery which makes more sense than Jessica.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Leslie Stevens is a fantastic actress. She's also a dancer and has spent a lot of time on Broadway. I adored her as Justine on Search for Tomorrow. For those of you not familiar with her, prepare to be impressed. :)

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Thanks Peridott!! :cheer:

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

I'm intrigued by this one, however, I would've taken the storyline in a different direction to tie it closer to the history of the series.

LPS
Member Avatar

I would have made her a recast of Phyllis.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

She looks like a younger, better looking version of Phyllis. Maybe should've been a recast?

Soapwatcher

I said that a few messages above you, if she isn't playing Phyllis (because of her looking so much like Michele) she would have made a good Avery rather than Jessica.

lovetoloveya

Soapwatcher
Jun 14 2013, 02:42 PM
I said that a few messages above you, if she isn't playing Phyllis (because of her looking so much like Michele) she would have made a good Avery rather than Jessica.
She looks too old to play Phyllis's younger sister. She looks the same age as Phyllis

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

She has to have some connection to Hollywood Heights unless Jill Farren Phelps has tapped that well dry already.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Renegade_Killerbee
Jun 15 2013, 04:08 PM
She has to have some connection to Hollywood Heights unless Jill Farren Phelps has tapped that well dry already.
Her husband is Robert Phelps (Jill's) who worked on Search too...

:ermm:
Edited by Ally, Jun 15 2013, 04:30 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Ally
Jun 15 2013, 04:26 PM
Renegade_Killerbee
Jun 15 2013, 04:08 PM
Her husband is Robert Phelps (Jill's) who worked on Search too...

:ermm:
wait a minute, are you saying that she is married to Jill's ex husband?

While doing a search to read about Robert Phelps, I found this, maybe MS leaving wasn't voluntary.

In July 2012, following the firing of executive producer and head writer Maria Arena Bell and co-head writer Scott Hamner, Sony Pictures Television appointed Phelps executive producer of The Young and the Restless, alongside the show's former head writer Josh Griffith.[5] The change was effective onscreen on October 12, 2012, however, Phelps only received her first credit as executive producer on October 23.

Since joining Y&R, she was under orders to trim the show's budget and dropped several cast members and hired some she's previously worked with such as Steve Burton, Mark Pinter, Ignacio Serricchio, Robert Adamson, and Hunter King. She's also dismissed several longtime crew members to install new ones; the most recent casualty is Michelle Stafford.
Edited by Sammie Jo, Jun 15 2013, 06:52 PM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

She's going to regret itttttttt. Wonder who else is on the chopping block. They are sending Victor and Nikki off on a "vacation."
Trim MS to get Avery and Chelsea on top...more vets to go?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

It's what was expected all along as soon as this nut was appointed EP. Ma Bell needed to be replaced and I thought JG would be an improvement based on his earlier work. But JFP? I cringed. I don't think Michelle was fired but I don't think Phelps or Sony tried too terrible hard to keep her during contract talks. I'd bet the ranch on other "vets "leaving the same way. To be fair, Robert Phelps was on SFT for a pretty brief period and left in 1973 about ten years before Leslie Stevens joined the show. I don't think there's a connection there as far as LS being hired..

HotPepper
Member Avatar

I think Michelle quit because they wanted her to take a cut in salary and have less airtime. It is going to happen with most of the vets and you will see the vets leaving one by one or maybe in flocks. Watch for it to happen when each vet is due to sign a new contract. JFP wants them gone or backburned so they will leave and she can bring more newbie friends on that can't act and most don't give a damn. In a year YnR will be unrecognizable.

metitle
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Jun 16 2013, 07:41 PM
I think Michelle quit because they wanted her to take a cut in salary and have less airtime. It is going to happen with most of the vets and you will see the vets leaving one by one or maybe in flocks. Watch for it to happen when each vet is due to sign a new contract. JFP wants them gone or backburned so they will leave and she can bring more newbie friends on that can't act and most don't give a damn. In a year YnR will be unrecognizable.
I never thought that her contract might be up for renewal.
hmmm..... you do bring up an interesting point.
Because I remember one of JFP interview, she said she was hired to bring cost under control.
I remember her saying she is not planning to take a chain-saw to the show, but she will use a scalpel (hinting gentle cuttings).
So I guess contracts are coming for renewals and she is not willing to negotiate.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Jun 15 2013, 07:43 PM
She's going to regret itttttttt. Wonder who else is on the chopping block. They are sending Victor and Nikki off on a "vacation."
they always send Victor and Nikki off either on separate trips or together for their real summer vacations.
If I remember correctly, Victor's contract is up around the fall, but I don't remember which year, I think he just signed last year, so he's got time.

eruell

Sammie Jo
Jun 16 2013, 11:26 PM
BlissfulLily
Jun 15 2013, 07:43 PM
they always send Victor and Nikki off either on separate trips or together for their real summer vacations.
If I remember correctly, Victor's contract is up around the fall, but I don't remember which year, I think he just signed last year, so he's got time.
I figure sooner or later one or both the Abbott family and Newman's will be gone. For long time viewers, think back to how slowly the Brooks family(who were the main family when the show started), and the Foster family disappeared, being taken over by the Newman's and Abbott's.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply