Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday, June 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 13 2013, 08:10 AM (12,127 Views)
Brewster
Member Avatar

six
Jun 14 2013, 07:46 AM
My opinion of the actress playing Marge went down after she was supposed be showing anguish. She's good and I'd like to see her stick around, but she didn't steal the scene or anything. And dry eyed crying always pulls me out of the moment.
The more I think about her, the more I dislike her. I think maybe I do need real tears, even real snot sometimes.
I felt she kept scrunching her face up like that so that she would cry and never did. Like a dry sponge...
For such a small role, I'll bite. But I'm not sold yet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

six
My opinion of the actress playing Marge went down after she was supposed be showing anguish. She's good and I'd like to see her stick around, but she didn't steal the scene or anything. And dry eyed crying always pulls me out of the moment.
Yes, I think that's it - that the dry-crying pulled me out of it. I didn't needed an explosion of tears or snot all over the place. A single tear or watering would have done it. It just seemed like a lot of exercise and show to produce nothing. But maybe I am wrong in thinking the point was to produce tears. Maybe the point was to produce a representation of emotion, which happened.

Or maybe I just need a hint of a tear to lend veracity to such a situation. Not just sad faces.

Anyway, not a big deal - I still love the whole package of the character so far. And the slap was great! #TeamMarge
Edited by elci525, Jun 14 2013, 09:25 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Brewster
Jun 14 2013, 09:10 AM
six
The more I think about her, the more I dislike her. I think maybe I do need real tears, even real snot sometimes.
I felt she kept scrunching her face up like that so that she would cry and never did. Like a dry sponge...
You can't possibly need real tears if you like Sami. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

peaches179

lysie
Jun 14 2013, 09:24 AM
Brewster
six

Thank you!
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

BeeBee
Jun 14 2013, 01:47 AM
Ellie
Jun 13 2013, 12:13 PM
Ali's shoes are awful.
Along with her dress and hair while Kate and Hope are flawless from their hair to their shoes.Even Jennifer is wearing her dress well.
I'm quite sure all of the 'dancing' EJ was doing with Sami was JS trying to keep Sween from falling over in those things.

Also agreeing with everyone here about the shooting. Outside of Marge's slap and cute little Tommy this story is a clunker so far.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Brewster
Jun 14 2013, 08:29 AM
I agree that while the stories have potential, the writing has been less than stellar these last few days. I donít care for the whole shooting storyline so far. Aside from not enjoying Rafe being involved, even if he is in the coma that never ends, something just isn't right for me.
But I do see the possibilities for story that could come from it and since I do like Ejami together, I think it will be a good story for them hopefully.
Having said that, I have not enjoyed Sami much since the day she went into see Rafe and it just got worse when she shot Bernardi. It doesnít have anything to do with AS performance for me though. I think the material is poorly written and the overall blocking and direction of the scenes are haphazard.
I agree with everything Lysie said about Sami in her earlier post actually. And I normally like Sami, still do, just think this has all fallen flat. I would have rather seen Sami hightail it out of there as soon as she realized who Marge was.
Who by the way, Iím not enjoying that much either. I thought she was good the first day, but over dramatic the second. I thought the whole Ďcop killerí bit was a little too gangsterish and not something a woman who just lost her husband, literally minutes prior, would say. But I suppose itís possible.

I like that EJ is standing beside her even though he is still miffed about her being in there in the first place. The fact that sheís facing murder charges should be a bigger deal to him than whether she has feelings for Rafe or not. Which so far, it seems like it is and heís putting that aside for the moment. I like that Kate is razzing him about it though. I donít think EJ has much to worry about for now as far as that, but I love the EJ/Kate interaction.

I was also glad to see Roman and Marlena being so loving with Sami. Hope, on the other hand, she needs to step up her Aunt game a little. I get that Sami is a mess, but come on.

I really have to give it up to that JJ kid. I donít like Dannifer. But the actor who plays JJ does punk ass kid really well. I was shocked when I found myself watching all of the Dannifer centered scenes, even the ones JJ was not in, just because heís instantly made that story better.

The Wilson/Gabby stuff was adorable. I still donít love Gabby, but the whole modern day Threeís Company (and a baby) thing has cute potential. I also love the Ďher Sonnyí line. Super cute.

All in all, not a bad show. I just think that they need to flesh out these scenes better. I am enjoying the show for the most part and have been for weeks. But these last few, I have had a lot of head shaking over.
Yup. The "Cop killer" line had me smh too. :)
Online Profile Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2013, 09:24 AM
Brewster
six
She may be a face scruncher, but Iíve at least seen running mascara on Sami.

I think the anguish from Marge would have been better played if her reaction had been a little more subdued. Not that losing your husband is a subdued moment, but I didnít really get any sense of real sadness from her once she actually learned he was dead. I needed to see more confusion from her. When Roman first told, I get the breakdown into his arms. Thatís pretty standard. But after that, when she was pressing for info, I would have liked to see her wipe her face and sniffle, and more calmly, but firmly ask for answers. She was still manipulating her face into a Shar Pei at that point and it made me want her to leave the room.

Aside from her acting, the scene was written terribly. To have her so focused on wanting to know how Sami knew her husband was stupid. Asking what happened, what went wrong? Yes, all normal. But I donít even know if a person would have heard Sami even talking in that moment with all that grief. I get itís a plot point, I just didnít like it.
And the way Sami almost sounded proud when she said she shot him, well I thought that was the wrong acting choice by AS. She shouldnít have said it at all, but if she was going to, it needed to be softer, almost ashamed. Even when she started defending why she did it to the grieving widow, again stupid, she sounded self-righteous. And as much as Sami can be that, I donít think she would have been in this case. I still canít figure out for the life of my why the hell she was still even in that room.
Even if she was just shocked and making poor choices because of that, between EJ, Hope, and Roman- one of them should have been able to get either Sami or Marge out of the room before spilling the news about Bernardiís passing.
Ugh, I just didnít like the scene I guess LOL.
Edited by Brewster, Jun 14 2013, 09:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Yeah, I have to agree that the cop killer story isn't working for me yet either. The writing for the last couple of episodes has been all over the place.

I think Sami shooting to kill seemed OTT. I think EJ giving a shit about his insecurity at this moment was totally out of place. Sami going from being in shock to angry happened too quickly. I liked the addition of the wife/kid since it adds more depth to the story, but how they've flowed into the last two episodes has been choppy. Hope seems too unsympathetic to her niece. EJ is helping the cops. Etc, etc. I could go on, but you get the point. I'm hoping this is like the Wabi baby story where the initial set up seems very contrived, but the overall storyarc gets better. The potential is there, so I'm willing to give it some time.
Online Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

The fact that Sami was allowed to stay in that room for one hot second once the keystone cops arrived was ridiculous.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

I donīt understand how a creep like Bernadi could have a nice wife like Marge, without her realizing what kind of man she is married to.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 14 2013, 09:49 AM
I donīt understand how a creep like Bernadi could have a nice wife like Marge, without her realizing what kind of man she is married to.
Maybe she does realize it?

Carmelo Soprano was fairly decent human being at times. But I got a whole different vibe from Marge when she was all 'cop killer'.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I think part of my problem with this story is the Rafe aspect of it. I get that letting a defenseless person get chopped up isn't okay in general, but in this case, I would've been fine with it, LOL. It seriously makes it harder for me to care about what happens to Sami because she saved Rafe when I really wish Bernardi would've succeeded.
Online Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Yeah. The story's got potential. Sami's in a mess. There's a whodunit ahead. We know who started it, but wonder about the knife. We have a new character that shows some promise. We have some real conflicts here. Bernardi's known to Roman and Hope, and he's liked. Yet Sami is family.

This thing is gonna pull a lot of the cast in, and I love stories that do that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 14 2013, 09:54 AM
I think part of my problem with this story is the Rafe aspect of it. I get that letting a defenseless person get chopped up isn't okay in general, but in this case, I would've been fine with it, LOL. It seriously makes it harder for me to care about what happens to Sami because she saved Rafe when I really wish Bernardi would've succeeded.
My issue isn't that she saved Rafe. I suppose she did the right thing seeing as she was in there. I just don't think she should have been in there to begin with. The biggest thing though is why she's looking for washcloths in the bathroom for him in a freaking hospital. If he feels warm, call the damn nurse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The actual story itself is good, IMO. Hopefully, the better script writers will get a hold of it soon because it really is just the details that are screwing it up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 14 2013, 09:54 AM
LOL, I've been wondering if this was part of my issue with it, too. I do feel for Sami, but my general feeling is that she impulsively shot a guy without warning, which was bad enough, but I can't be mad at Bernardi. What if Rafe had died from the blood loss? What could have been. :shame:

Good point on the baby story starting as a bunch of contrived moments before gelling and becoming great. I just wish Days would set up stories more organically. The story has started and I'm still stuck on the absurdity of Kate giving Sami a gun.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I agree - the scripts have been lousy the last 3-5 episodes....they need to pick up their socks pronto!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

What does smh mean?

Offline Profile Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jun 14 2013, 10:13 AM
What does smh mean?

Shake my head or shaking my head.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jun 13 2013, 12:48 PM
Ellie
Jun 13 2013, 12:34 PM
Honeybees
Jun 13 2013, 12:33 PM
There's an interesting moral order to JJ. He doesn't want an innocent kid hurt. He just wants Daniel's property hurt.
I liked that too. He really does feel bad about what happened to Parker, but he could care less about the car.
The car is an extension of Daniel, and he actually has every right to hate Daniel. His father hasn't been dead a year, and this new "perfect" man is in his place and he must listen to everyone singing his praises. JJ has every right to be enraged at Daniel because it is incredibly inappropriate for Jennifer to force Daniel into her son's life so soon.

But I do like the writing on JJ. He's not hostile toward anyone that he feels is innocent like Parker, only those who have seemed to forget Jack. That makes him sympathetic and redeemable even though he's done wrong.
THIS. Add in the fact that everyone is soooooo concerned about Daniel's "pain" when JJ just lost his father less than a year ago. Abby's speech to JJ the other day was completely inappropriate and in complete disregard of JJ's pain/feelings. JJ has had to mourn his father alone for the last 9 months and now comes home to find that he & Jack have been replaced and the icing on the shitty cake is now the only person who's feelings matter is Daniel. JJ is wrong for what he is doing but I damn sure don't blame him for being angry. Jennifer and Abigiail are pathetic. Their heads are so far up Saint Orange Dick's ass I'm surprised they can still breathe. :flipoff:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic