Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday, June 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 13 2013, 08:10 AM (12,011 Views)
S loves EJ

Brewster
Jun 14 2013, 09:53 AM
S loves EJ
Jun 14 2013, 09:49 AM
I donīt understand how a creep like Bernadi could have a nice wife like Marge, without her realizing what kind of man she is married to.
Maybe she does realize it?

Carmelo Soprano was fairly decent human being at times. But I got a whole different vibe from Marge when she was all 'cop killer'.

Maybe but itīs not just about her realizing he was a dirty cop, she seems to be out of his leauge.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

S loves EJ
I donīt understand how a creep like Bernadi could have a nice wife like Marge, without her realizing what kind of man she is married to.
It happens, unfortunately, husbands lead double lives, that their wives have no idea about.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Brewster
Jun 14 2013, 09:42 AM
lysie
Jun 14 2013, 09:24 AM
Brewster
Jun 14 2013, 09:10 AM
six
Jun 14 2013, 07:46 AM
My opinion of the actress playing Marge went down after she was supposed be showing anguish. She's good and I'd like to see her stick around, but she didn't steal the scene or anything. And dry eyed crying always pulls me out of the moment.
The more I think about her, the more I dislike her. I think maybe I do need real tears, even real snot sometimes.
I felt she kept scrunching her face up like that so that she would cry and never did. Like a dry sponge...
For such a small role, I'll bite. But I'm not sold yet.
You can't possibly need real tears if you like Sami. ;)
She may be a face scruncher, but Iíve at least seen running mascara on Sami.

You've got to stop confusing Kate with Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2013, 11:20 AM
Brewster
lysie
Brewster

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I actually can't stand it when a dark streak goes down a woman's face on camera. I always remember 90210 (the original) when Kelly was telling all the girls about her 'first time' at the slumber party. I was completely distracted by the jet black solitary tear rolling down her cheek.

But Kate is a good cryer. Nicole is my favorite for that though. I think AZ does it best.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Brewster
Jun 14 2013, 11:27 AM
lysie
Brewster
lysie

I actually can't stand it when a dark streak goes down a woman's face on camera. I always remember 90210 (the original) when Kelly was telling all the girls about her 'first time' at the slumber party. I was completely distracted by the jet black solitary tear rolling down her cheek.

But Kate is a good cryer. Nicole is my favorite for that though. I think AZ does it best.
In 2004-2005 Lauren always had gobs of mascara running down her face. I don't think anyone else really does, but AZ and Deidre have the real years. Ali typically gets one tear at the most per sob fest. Otherwise, it's just facial contortions.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2013, 11:30 AM
Brewster
Jun 14 2013, 11:27 AM
lysie
Brewster

In 2004-2005 Lauren always had gobs of mascara running down her face. I don't think anyone else really does, but AZ and Deidre have the real years. Ali typically gets one tear at the most per sob fest. Otherwise, it's just facial contortions.
Felicia Galant on Another World was a great cryer. She always had a runny nose and I can relate to that because my nose runs like a faucet when I cry.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Deidre's pretty good at it. So is Mary Beth.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Classic
Jun 14 2013, 10:42 AM
S loves EJ
It happens, unfortunately, husbands lead double lives, that their wives have no idea about.
It's not as if he was doing dirty cop deeds at home.Hope,Rafe,Roman,and the remainder of the Salem PD didn't know he was a dirty cop and they likely spent a great deal of time with Bernardi.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miselemeas

Tripp
Jun 13 2013, 07:54 PM
lysie
Jun 13 2013, 07:42 PM
I really didn't have an issue with Jennifer/JJ or Abby/JJ, but again...the details of the story are just lacking. It's not like Parker was playing with a bucket of rusty razor blades.
This. I wish Daniel had a balcony because I could see maybe if JJ had opened up that door to sit out there and then Parker followed him and was crawling on THAT railing I could see Daniel freak out the way he did.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miselemeas

Miselemeas
Jun 14 2013, 07:57 PM
Tripp
Jun 13 2013, 07:54 PM
lysie
Jun 13 2013, 07:42 PM
I really didn't have an issue with Jennifer/JJ or Abby/JJ, but again...the details of the story are just lacking. It's not like Parker was playing with a bucket of rusty razor blades.
This. I wish Daniel had a balcony because I could see maybe if JJ had opened up that door to sit out there and thenParker followed him and was crawling on THAT railing I could see Daniel freak out the way he did.

What do you mean' rusty razor blades', that child could have been killed if the chair had tipped,
and he had hit his head on a table or some other object.Of course, Abby was as much to blame
as JJ ,leaving the child,with that 'lame brain' and its not as if she just went to the bathroom.I do
not understand some people, I must be getting old;;Slainte
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

And the same thing could have happened if Daniel was there watching Parker and left the room to get Parker a snack, or turned his back to look out the window because he got a phone call. JJ never ment for anything to happen to Parker. He wasn't trying to hurt Parker.
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

S loves EJ
Jun 14 2013, 06:10 AM
am103
Jun 13 2013, 01:17 PM
I totally agree with what Ellie said up-thread about scenes in the rectory having the ability to slow an episode down. I totally see it. I think it's because it's so small and boxed-in and it's really the ONLY place we get scenes involving Eric. Okay, we get he's a priest - he's wearing the damn collar! He doesn't have to be in that little office the whole time!

It's so funny watching Days with my aunt and uncle. They are elderly and sometimes I drop by their house just to make lunch and say hi. Today we all watched Days together, and when I tell you all that they WORSHIP Daniel, I'm being serious. It's hilarious because while we're watching, I'm saying things like "Oh look, he got a tan today." and "Did the hair people choose to do nothing about his bedhead today?" and they totally think I'm being ridiculous, lol. They really don't understand my hatred for this over-pimped character, which I may add, is starting to really downgrade Abigail as a character as well. Enough with the pimping!

JJ returning to Salem really has given Jennifer Rose LIFE! This is the most I've enjoyed her in quite some time. It really is miraculous. I wonder if Casey Moss knew when he auditioned for JJ that he would pretty much be the voice of the audience, lol. I LOVE that he calls everyone out on their shit!

As for the shooting thing, what can I say? Marge Bernardi is the future of this show! Lol. Why can they find such good random characters like Anne and Marge and then totally miscast other people in important roles? I'll never understand it. Also, Ali Sweeney is laughably bad this week. When she screamed, "I did it! I shot him!", was she trying to be sincere? Because the way Ali played it, it's like she was bragging, lol.

I think Sami was feeling so quilty that she couldnīt hold it in any longer.

That is what I thought too. Ej and her family were trying to protect her by making her leave the room. But she wanted to face the music.

I respect the fact that Sami refused to slider away like a coward, instead she faced up to what she did like a big girl knowing she would be facing the widow's wrath. That took a lot of guts.
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

Brewster
lysie
Brewster
six
Jun 14 2013, 07:46 AM
My opinion of the actress playing Marge went down after she was supposed be showing anguish. She's good and I'd like to see her stick around, but she didn't steal the scene or anything. And dry eyed crying always pulls me out of the moment.
The more I think about her, the more I dislike her. I think maybe I do need real tears, even real snot sometimes.
I felt she kept scrunching her face up like that so that she would cry and never did. Like a dry sponge...
For such a small role, I'll bite. But I'm not sold yet.

I think the anguish from Marge would have been better played if her reaction had been a little more subdued. Not that losing your husband is a subdued moment, but I didnít really get any sense of real sadness from her once she actually learned he was dead. I needed to see more confusion from her. When Roman first told, I get the breakdown into his arms. Thatís pretty standard. But after that, when she was pressing for info, I would have liked to see her wipe her face and sniffle, and more calmly, but firmly ask for answers. She was still manipulating her face into a Shar Pei at that point and it made me want her to leave the room.

Aside from her acting, the scene was written terribly. To have her so focused on wanting to know how Sami knew her husband was stupid. Asking what happened, what went wrong? Yes, all normal. But I donít even know if a person would have heard Sami even talking in that moment with all that grief. I get itís a plot point, I just didnít like it.
And the way Sami almost sounded proud when she said she shot him, well I thought that was the wrong acting choice by AS. She shouldnít have said it at all, but if she was going to, it needed to be softer, almost ashamed. Even when she started defending why she did it to the grieving widow, again stupid, she sounded self-righteous. And as much as Sami can be that, I donít think she would have been in this case. I still canít figure out for the life of my why the hell she was still even in that room.
Even if she was just shocked and making poor choices because of that, between EJ, Hope, and Roman- one of them should have been able to get either Sami or Marge out of the room before spilling the news about Bernardiís passing.
Ugh, I just didnít like the scene I guess LOL.

Ej tried to get Sami to leave the room, but she would not leave. I guess she wanted to face the widow. Typical Sami.
I am having my issue with the story as well. But I am willing to let it play out and hopefully it will make more sense down the line. I do like the fact that this story could potentially affect so many people. If written right, it could be a good umbrella story.

S loves EJ

She probably knew he was dirty, but she is his wife. So she is going to still want to protect his reputation and seek 'justice' for her husband and the father of her child.

I have not decided if Marge is not or not yet. For all we know, she could start plotting with Stephano.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jun 14 2013, 08:37 PM
And the same thing could have happened if Daniel was there watching Parker and left the room to get Parker a snack, or turned his back to look out the window because he got a phone call. JJ never ment for anything to happen to Parker. He wasn't trying to hurt Parker.
Like when Daniel leaves Parker in a room doing a puzzle on Fridays show.
Online Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

marie1969
Jun 15 2013, 08:04 PM
S loves EJ
Jun 14 2013, 06:10 AM
am103
Jun 13 2013, 01:17 PM
I totally agree with what Ellie said up-thread about scenes in the rectory having the ability to slow an episode down. I totally see it. I think it's because it's so small and boxed-in and it's really the ONLY place we get scenes involving Eric. Okay, we get he's a priest - he's wearing the damn collar! He doesn't have to be in that little office the whole time!

It's so funny watching Days with my aunt and uncle. They are elderly and sometimes I drop by their house just to make lunch and say hi. Today we all watched Days together, and when I tell you all that they WORSHIP Daniel, I'm being serious. It's hilarious because while we're watching, I'm saying things like "Oh look, he got a tan today." and "Did the hair people choose to do nothing about his bedhead today?" and they totally think I'm being ridiculous, lol. They really don't understand my hatred for this over-pimped character, which I may add, is starting to really downgrade Abigail as a character as well. Enough with the pimping!

JJ returning to Salem really has given Jennifer Rose LIFE! This is the most I've enjoyed her in quite some time. It really is miraculous. I wonder if Casey Moss knew when he auditioned for JJ that he would pretty much be the voice of the audience, lol. I LOVE that he calls everyone out on their shit!

As for the shooting thing, what can I say? Marge Bernardi is the future of this show! Lol. Why can they find such good random characters like Anne and Marge and then totally miscast other people in important roles? I'll never understand it. Also, Ali Sweeney is laughably bad this week. When she screamed, "I did it! I shot him!", was she trying to be sincere? Because the way Ali played it, it's like she was bragging, lol.

I think Sami was feeling so quilty that she couldnīt hold it in any longer.

That is what I thought too. Ej and her family were trying to protect her by making her leave the room. But she wanted to face the music.

I respect the fact that Sami refused to slider away like a coward, instead she faced up to what she did like a big girl knowing she would be facing the widow's wrath. That took a lot of guts.
I'm glad she stayed too and got in Marge's face about her dead husband.Best slap I've seen in a while.Marge may be lacking as a cryer but she has a great slap. Sami seem shocked that Marge didn't believer her and slapped her.It was as if Sami was expecting her to say,"Oh,well if he was dirty,it's okay that he's dead,I have no husband,and my child is fatherless."
Edited by BeeBee, Jun 15 2013, 09:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jun 13 2013, 12:03 PM
Boy, if everyone freaks out about Parker climbing up on a stool, I'd hate to see what they do when he decides to play hockey, lacrosse or football. Apparently he's made of glass.
:OhMy: He's a 3 or 4 yr. old kid! C'mon! :wink:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jun 13 2013, 12:13 PM
In 20 years when Sami is still riding the frontburner I hope Bernardi's kid comes back and murders her.
:shrug: Why??!?! WTF??!?! Sami saved Rafe's life and penis!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jun 13 2013, 12:14 PM
Sami has to die. Worst person in the history of the world. Marge needs to grab Roman's gun and blow her away. Talk about popping the ratings..
WTF!!!???? Bernardi was a crooked cop who tried to cut his so-called good friend's penis off and maybe kill him in the process! Sami is a HERO!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 13 2013, 12:31 PM
"It's not your fault that Parker's a monkey" lol, JJ's friend is ridiculous.
And so is JJ! Maybe they should go and smoke some weed and have sex!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 13 2013, 12:34 PM
Honeybees
Jun 13 2013, 12:33 PM
There's an interesting moral order to JJ. He doesn't want an innocent kid hurt. He just wants Daniel's property hurt.
I liked that too. He really does feel bad about what happened to Parker, but he could care less about the car.
I don't think so, I don't think he gives a fuck about anything or anyone except for himself and weed and his hate for Daniel Maybe he's jealous that he isn't doing Daniel himself lol.!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic