Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, June 14th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 14 2013, 06:56 AM (7,924 Views)
Keith
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jun 14 2013, 01:01 PM
Keith
Jun 14 2013, 12:59 PM
I kind of wish Marlena had let John help with Sami. They have their issues, but John has always been at his best when he's about family. I understand not wanting anything to do with him. Its just annoying.
Yeah, but John and Sami don't actually like each other, would just make things worse
That's not true. They have a tumultuous relationship but John has ALWAYS loved Sami. Staying away may be for the better, but scenes with John there could be more interesting. But I haven't been bothered by Drake's acting since Kristen was exposed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jun 14 2013, 12:50 PM
I like Ari's hair. I wonder if there was a break between when yesterday's show was filmed and today's?
I don't think so, because DHer tweeted a pic of her and ED in these outfits on 2/16. DHer taped on both 2/14 and 2/15. They were on hiatus the next week.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jun 14 2013, 01:04 PM
How long has it been since we've gotten a Salmons script? Maybe she was off for a bit.
Jason47 lists 5/24 as her last in May.

There have only been 8 episodes in June so far and I don't recall seeing her name
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
How long has it been since we've gotten a Salmons script? Maybe she was off for a bit.
The last one we had from her was the one where John and Kristen are seducing each other in the hotel room.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 14 2013, 01:09 PM
Southofsoap
Keith
I kind of wish Marlena had let John help with Sami. They have their issues, but John has always been at his best when he's about family. I understand not wanting anything to do with him. Its just annoying.
Yeah, but John and Sami don't actually like each other, would just make things worse
That's not true. They have a tumultuous relationship but John has ALWAYS loved Sami. Staying away may be for the better, but scenes with John there could be more interesting. But I haven't been bothered by Drake's acting since Kristen was exposed.
I've always felt that he only made an effort for Marlena's sake. What makes you think he loves her? Have I forgotten a pivotal scene? (I probably have lol)
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

During Bricole's kiss, I found myself wondering what the name of AZ's nail polish was. Perhaps I'll be able to find out and that scene won't be a total waste. I just cannot stand them in romantic scenes.

I laughed when Marlena picked up the children only to immediately leave them at the pub with the woman with Alzheimers. This is where Sami gets it from.

IDK why, but I seriously keep forgetting that Roman is Eric's father.

John needs to take Roman's advice and stay away from Marlena and everyone else for that matter.

I'm going to try to see Jennifer's defense of JJ as more of a desire to see the best in people, rather than a sign complete stupidity and willful ignorance. Maybe that'll make it possible to enjoy her scenes again.

I cannot wait to see what Kristen does.
Edited by six, Jun 14 2013, 01:27 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Miss Rhi
Wasn't her last script those terrible hotel room scenes with John and Kristen? I don't blame TPTB for giving her a "rest" after that travesty.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Salmons had another episode after the hotel room fiasco, but that was boring as hell too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jun 14 2013, 01:13 PM
Keith
Southofsoap
Keith
I've always felt that he only made an effort for Marlena's sake. What makes you think he loves her? Have I forgotten a pivotal scene? (I probably have lol)
I've never gotten that impression. She has constantly pushed her away and he tries to give her space but he has pretty much always shown that he loves her, IMO. Some of his and Sami's best scenes have been when Marlena wasn't around or things weren't good between J&M.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2013, 01:22 PM
Southofsoap
Keith
Southofsoap

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I've never gotten that impression. She has constantly pushed her away and he tries to give her space but he has pretty much always shown that he loves her, IMO. Some of his and Sami's best scenes have been when Marlena wasn't around or things weren't good between J&M.
I agree 100%, John has definitely always loved Sami as a daughter and when Sami is honest she admits John was a great father to her. Some of my favorite Sami scenes all-time have been when she has those tender moments with John. Dhim has always had excellent family chemistry with all his onscreen children imo.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

lysie
Southofsoap
Keith
Southofsoap

Quoted because you beat me to it. John raised Sami and Eric. Its sacrilege that there's not more of a relationship there more often and shown.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

six
Jun 14 2013, 01:17 PM
I'm going to try to see Jennifer's defense of JJ as more of a desire to see the best in people, rather than a sign complete stupidity and willful ignorance. Maybe that'll make it possible to enjoy her scenes again.
Complete stupidity and willful ignorance is exactly what it is. Jennifer is only concerned with Daniel and unfortunately Abby is no different. :shame:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jun 14 2013, 01:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jun 14 2013, 01:29 PM
six
Jun 14 2013, 01:17 PM
Complete stupidity and willful ignorance is exactly what it is. Jennifer is only concerned with Daniel and unfortunately Abby is no different. :shame:
I have no issue with Abby. She seems to have a good handle on what's going on, and she's like 20, so it's not her responsibility to do or say more than she has.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 14 2013, 01:25 PM
lysie
Southofsoap
Keith

Quoted because you beat me to it. John raised Sami and Eric. Its sacrilege that there's not more of a relationship there more often and shown.
Grattitude/parental duty to someone and actually likeing/loving them are 2 different things. Maybe it's because different writing regimes write them differently, but I have never felt any consistency of John loving Sami. And I am certain Sami will always resent John for the affair, no matter what she says.
Offline Profile Goto Top

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jun 14 2013, 12:49 PM
Nicole's dress isn't fitted to her properly. It's distracting
I noticed this too. Do the wardrobe people even try anymore?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I was amused by JJ's stoner friend.

I was bored by any and all Daniel/Jennifer conversation. Aren't there any other couples this show can focus on for a change of pace?

Nicole's dress fit her weird.

Brady has Kristen on his mind and Nicole's tongue in his mouth. I'll roll with that. ^_^

Kristen has an evil plan! Kristen has an evil plan!!!

Cameron makes my eyelids very, very heavy....Zzzzzz

Why the hell is Stefano leaving?!! Bring him back NOW!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

I like the way Anne planted that reporter. He had the best questions. Honestly, those SHOULD come up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jun 14 2013, 01:38 PM
I like the way Anne planted that reporter. He had the best questions. Honestly, those SHOULD come up.
Audience/writer surrogate - someone needs to question the Horton/Brady/Kiriakis/Di Mera hegemony over Salem
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jun 14 2013, 01:35 PM
Keith
Jun 14 2013, 01:25 PM
lysie
Southofsoap

Grattitude/parental duty to someone and actually likeing/loving them are 2 different things. Maybe it's because different writing regimes write them differently, but I have never felt any consistency of John loving Sami. And I am certain Sami will always resent John for the affair, no matter what she says.
Actually those are several different things. Liking and loving are completely separate. I was talking about loving.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Yeah. There was no cover up. But Kayla DID think of Jennifer for that job because she's a friend/family member. Jennifer is capable, and does have a background in the press, so it
wasn't a bad idea, but Jennifer's spent more time chasing Daniel than DOING the job.

And the familial relationship Jennifer has with the shooter? And the Chief of Staff is the shooter's aunt. The detective is another aunt. The commissioner is her father.

All kinds of messy. Those questions should be at the forefront.
Edited by Kriss4, Jun 14 2013, 01:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic