Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emmy Reception and Red Carpet Interviews
Topic Started: Jun 14 2013, 04:24 PM (6,996 Views)
throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jun 17 2013, 07:45 AM
gailwinters
Jun 17 2013, 06:16 AM
Angie79
Jun 17 2013, 12:16 AM
I think Ari had a couple of adult beverages before she did this interview.
Yeah, she's a little over the top in that. But, ya know.....probably nervous and those dirty martinis can rack up when you're nervous! ;)
At least we got some spoilers :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michr544125

gailwinters
Angie79
This interview was so entertaining. She definitely seemed a bit tipsy :lol: .

gailwinters
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
gailwinters
Angie79
Yeah, she's a little over the top in that. But, ya know.....probably nervous and those dirty martinis can rack up when you're nervous! ;)
It was like watching a video clip of myself when I've celebrated a wee bit! B-)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

So I'm just watching some of these. The Days cast must have a had a nice pre-game because Ari seems pretty drunk right there.

Patrika Darbo stole the SHOW in that interview. I don't even know if I want to watch anymore interviews because I'm confident that hers will be the best. I love how she wants Craig and Joy back in town and she already has a story mapped out where Joy is a bitch because Nancy actually got to raise her! Listen to her writers!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Does anyone know if there are any videos of anyone else in the press room? I would kill to see Corday's. I heard they gave him a standing ovation when he walked in per SOD.

ETA : Nevermind, I spoke with someone who was in the press room. They said SOD's tweet meant the room erupted when Corday started talking after he got onto the stage to accept the win. He didn't do the press room.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Jun 17 2013, 09:45 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Patricia Darbo is such a doll....just good good people, not to mention one of the funniest women on the planet. I loved her before she was Nancy and remember when she first came to Days I jumped out of my seat cuz I was already a fan from a few movies she was in. That interview was fantastic!!

My Ari....Ari Ari Ari, gurrrrrl I'd have 42 cocktails with her right NOW! She's a riot but damn she was a killer interview there! I didn't know she can do the "gurrrrl" head swang! Now I love her even more
Edited by james0479, Jun 17 2013, 10:29 AM.

supercool74
Member Avatar

If Chandler Massey leaves I wish him the best of luck but I will be so sad. :'( But as much as I love Freddie Smith and Wilson....I'd rather they both just left and be happy. I don't want to see anyone else play the role of Will. I just don't. Just like I don't want to see anyone else as Jack or Steve. Those actors made the characters and I don't think I could stand to see anyone else as Will now. I'd rather they just left and hopefully Freddie Smith moves on to better and bigger things. Then maybe I could not obsess over this show quite so much and do other things with my time. :$

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

It was nice to see everyone generally happy for DAYS win last night...I think many in the industry saw them perhaps as overdue and for once it was probably nice to see the winners so surprised for once.

cord08

Peggy McKay, Krisitan Alfonso, and Ari Zucker are being interviewed on CBS' "The Talk" right now about Days' win.

- Ari is too cute imitating Krisitian's reaction.
- Kristian is getting a bit emotional about the win.
- Ari has watched Days since she was twelve.
- Peggy talking about the alzheimer's story. She also says they did a gay marriage story?? I'm assuming she meant Will/Sonny's relationship.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

cord08
Jun 17 2013, 01:35 PM
Peggy McKay, Krisitan Alfonso, and Ari Zucker are being interviewed on CBS' "The Talk" right now about Days' win.

- Ari is too cute imitating Krisitian's reaction.
- Kristian is getting a bit emotional about the win.
- Ari has watched Days since she was twelve.
- Peggy talking about the alzheimer's story. She also says they did a gay marriage story?? I'm assuming she meant Will/Sonny's relationship.
Ooh, can't wait to watch this!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Can someone post clips of the CBS talk show if possible?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I cannot even imagine how proud and emotional the cast and crew are following the show's big win last night. Were any current cast members on the show when it won back in 1978? SR, PM or DH perhaps? KA debuted on the show about 30 years ago and has never experienced anything like this - and 30 years is an eternity in the entertainment industry. I hope we see tons of backstage videos and pics this week as the cast and crew certainly deserve this moment in the sun.
Edited by LonePirate, Jun 17 2013, 02:33 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The closest the current cast has had to Best Show wins are the ones they won in the 80's and 90's at the SOD Awards...DAYS pretty much won Best Show every year it seemed in the 80's and 90's....it probably is a big reason why they got so much backlash at the Emmy's...the rest of daytime was sick of seeing them win at SODA's.

lysie
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jun 17 2013, 02:32 PM
I cannot even imagine how proud and emotional the cast and crew are following the show's big win last night. Were any current cast members on the show when it won back in 1978? SR, PM or DH perhaps? KA debuted on the show about 30 years ago and has never experienced anything like this - and 30 years is an eternity in the entertainment industry. I hope we see tons of backstage videos and pics this week as the cast and crew certainly deserve this moment in the sun.
SR and DH would have been. PM definitely wasn't.

AFaithL

throughthehourglass
Jun 17 2013, 07:51 AM
ladyofthelake
gailwinters
Angie79
At least we got some spoilers :D
Yeah....none of them good for Nicole.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 17 2013, 02:41 PM
LonePirate
Don't forget Winston you silly goose.

lysie
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jun 17 2013, 02:47 PM
lysie
Jun 17 2013, 02:41 PM
LonePirate
Don't forget Winston you silly goose.
I couldn't remember when he started, lol.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
gailwinters
Angie79
SC tweeted that he was having "Pre Emmy drinks with two talented beauties" and posted a picture of Kate M. and Ari.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 17 2013, 02:36 PM
The closest the current cast has had to Best Show wins are the ones they won in the 80's and 90's at the SOD Awards...DAYS pretty much won Best Show every year it seemed in the 80's and 90's....it probably is a big reason why they got so much backlash at the Emmy's...the rest of daytime was sick of seeing them win at SODA's.
I bet you're right but I think that's BS. So Days has consistently won popularity contests with the fans, that's no reason to shun them from industry voted awards.
Edited by blueskies, Jun 17 2013, 03:11 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply