Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emmy Reception and Red Carpet Interviews
Topic Started: Jun 14 2013, 04:24 PM (7,000 Views)
camera shy

Do you remember that spoiler a while back about older actors wanted for some storyline? Maybe they have one of Caroline's gay friend getting married and that was what she was referring to when she talked about them having done a gay marriage. I just can't see them marrying WIll off so young......although did Gabi.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2013/06/behind-the-scenes-at-the-dayti.html

blueskies
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 17 2013, 03:16 PM
Huh, so it's really going to be 3's Company with a baby...

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

blueskies
Jun 17 2013, 03:11 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jun 17 2013, 02:36 PM
The closest the current cast has had to Best Show wins are the ones they won in the 80's and 90's at the SOD Awards...DAYS pretty much won Best Show every year it seemed in the 80's and 90's....it probably is a big reason why they got so much backlash at the Emmy's...the rest of daytime was sick of seeing them win at SODA's.
I bet you're right but I think that's BS. So Days has consistently won popularity contests with the fans, that's no reason to shun them from industry voted awards.
I would NOT put that past other shows....I know there was definitely an annoyance among the other shows about DAYS and their dominance of the SOD Awards.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

God Arianne Zucker looked TERRIBLE last night...WTF was up with that hideous dress and her hair was...wow just bad.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Days of Our Lives star Chandler Massey talks to Gay Star News about second Emmy win
'My dad said to me, "Now you know it wasn't a fluke"'

The morning after his second Emmy win for his performance as gay teen Will Horton on Days of Our Lives, Chandler Massey was feeling grateful.

'It's been a gift. I'm just lucky to have been swept up on this wave,' the actor told Gay Star News Monday (17 June). 'It's been such a thrilling ride.'

The scenes for which he won this time had Will kissing another guy for the first time then confiding in his maternal grandmother asking her if she thought he was gay.

Since then, the character has entered into a steady relationship while dealing with unexpectedly becoming as father after a one night stand with his ex-girlfriend.

'The writers and producers are who crafted this story and made it really beautiful,' Massey says. 'I'm just the lucky guy who gets to say the lines.'

His second Emmy win came on his third nomination. The first win was a year ago and this time, Massey felt more in the moment.

'It felt different but also the same,' he says. 'Last year, I felt that the moment before they announced the name lasted for an eternity. This year, it was quick and over in a flash. It was surprising and exhilarating and very fun. My dad said, "Now you know it wasn't a fluke."'

Massey joined the show in 2010 after he had completed his first quarter as a freshman at UCLA. He says he wants to return to college and complete his degree after his contract is up in December.

'That is my plan, that's something I've always wanted to do,' he says. 'I came on Days and signed a four year contract and, in my mind, it was a commitment that you are going to do that for four years and that is how I've always viewed it. Days will always be a huge part of me but I don't like thinking of myself as a college dropout.'

Just 22, Massey thinks it's the perfect time in his life to experience college life.

'I'll have a backpack and a scooter that I ride to classes,' he says, laughing. 'I can still kind of fit in with the college kids. I can fool them.'

Of his years on the soap, Massey says: 'There's been ups and downs for me and for Will. Just like Will has become a stronger person and a more mature person and grown up on the show, i feel like I've grown up.'

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/days-our-lives-star-chandler-massey-talks-gay-star-news-about-second-emmy-win170613

jam6242
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jun 17 2013, 02:32 PM
I cannot even imagine how proud and emotional the cast and crew are following the show's big win last night. Were any current cast members on the show when it won back in 1978? SR, PM or DH perhaps? KA debuted on the show about 30 years ago and has never experienced anything like this - and 30 years is an eternity in the entertainment industry. I hope we see tons of backstage videos and pics this week as the cast and crew certainly deserve this moment in the sun.
I think that was the same year Suzanne Rogers won her Emmy. She, Deidre, and Bill and Susan Hayes are the only current cast members who were around then.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jun 17 2013, 04:14 PM
LonePirate
I cannot even imagine how proud and emotional the cast and crew are following the show's big win last night. Were any current cast members on the show when it won back in 1978? SR, PM or DH perhaps? KA debuted on the show about 30 years ago and has never experienced anything like this - and 30 years is an eternity in the entertainment industry. I hope we see tons of backstage videos and pics this week as the cast and crew certainly deserve this moment in the sun.
I think that was the same year Suzanne Rogers won her Emmy. She, Deidre, and Bill and Susan Hayes are the only current cast members who were around then.
Winston. Please do NOT forget Winston.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jun 17 2013, 04:16 PM
jam6242
Jun 17 2013, 04:14 PM
LonePirate
Winston. Please do NOT forget Winston.
Oh yeah, how could I forget him! :blulaugh:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

More confirmation that CM is gone at the end of the year

supercool74
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 17 2013, 04:25 PM
More confirmation that CM is gone at the end of the year
:tears: I am SO going to hate to see him go. DAMN. :frownie:

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm not sure that the shows hold the SOD domination against Days. I'm sure some individuals do, like Melody Thomas Scott lol. My theory has always been that GH and Y&R take the Emmys so much more seriously than Days. They specifically plan episodes and scenes and stories for certain actors as Emmy bait. Days just really doesn't do Emmy bait. Even when the show is bad and someone gets nominated it still happens organically.

Also Days hasn't had a partner to block vote with for years now. Most of the voting panel is from Y&R, I believe. B&B and Y&R definitely vote together. Every single time. Every year. And you see the results. I feel like people from Days and the dead shows may play favorites, but if they see a reel that they love they vote for it, whether the person be from B&B, Y&R, OLTL, GH, Guiding Light, ATWT, AMC, whatever it may be. I've said for years they need to get the soap press involved in the voting to steer it away from so much bias. Roger Newcomb, Michael Logan, Jamey Giddens, Carolyn Hinsey. People like that should have votes too. This show will NEVER be fair.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Jen Lilley interview,

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/06/emmys-video-red-carpet-interview-with-jen-lilley#more-26666

She says she's not a recast.

alright, it's not working to embed or even link...just click on the link above, lol.
Edited by blueskies, Jun 17 2013, 07:06 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Can she just be Jeannie Donovan? If that's the case I hope the audience finds out within the first couple of weeks. I'll be fine with the other characters not knowing for a while. I just hope they give us a reason to care about the character quickly. I'm always weary about new characters on this show that are supposed to be long-term characters from the get-go. The show does best with characters that accidentally end up being big hits.

blueskies
Member Avatar

the quality of this vid is terrible. Another Jen Lilley interview though.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-989929

darraholic
Member Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKotACmkEEU
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sillibella
Member Avatar

supercool74
Jun 17 2013, 10:42 AM
If Chandler Massey leaves I wish him the best of luck but I will be so sad. :'( But as much as I love Freddie Smith and Wilson....I'd rather they both just left and be happy. I don't want to see anyone else play the role of Will. I just don't. Just like I don't want to see anyone else as Jack or Steve. Those actors made the characters and I don't think I could stand to see anyone else as Will now. I'd rather they just left and hopefully Freddie Smith moves on to better and bigger things. Then maybe I could not obsess over this show quite so much and do other things with my time. :$
I see no need for Sonny to be written off the show if Chandler ends up leaving. Freddie is doing a great job as Sonny, especially lately. Sonny is also the next generation of the Kiriakis family who, imo, needs more story (loving them lately!) because they are a great addition to the show. I'm going to miss seeing WilSon as I know them and definitely Chandler as Will but Freddie shouldn't be fired just because Chandler probably wants to leave.

supercool74
Member Avatar

sillibella
Jun 18 2013, 12:40 AM
supercool74
If Chandler Massey leaves I wish him the best of luck but I will be so sad. :'( But as much as I love Freddie Smith and Wilson....I'd rather they both just left and be happy. I don't want to see anyone else play the role of Will. I just don't. Just like I don't want to see anyone else as Jack or Steve. Those actors made the characters and I don't think I could stand to see anyone else as Will now. I'd rather they just left and hopefully Freddie Smith moves on to better and bigger things. Then maybe I could not obsess over this show quite so much and do other things with my time. :$
I see no need for Sonny to be written off the show if Chandler ends up leaving. Freddie is doing a great job as Sonny, especially lately. Sonny is also the next generation of the Kiriakis family who, imo, needs more story (loving them lately!) because they are a great addition to the show. I'm going to miss seeing WilSon as I know them and definitely Chandler as Will but Freddie shouldn't be fired just because Chandler probably wants to leave.
Well I don't want him to be fired. :ermm: I was just kind of hoping he'd leave on his own. I'm selfish. I just hate seeing my favorite couples split up is all. Jack and Jennifer. Steve and Kayla. I just hate it. I like happy endings. I can't see anyone taking CM's place and so that means that if FS stays the couple breaks up or Will dies....or someone else takes over the role and that may suck, and really I just don't want to see Sonny with anyone besides Will, and no one else will be Will for me. But if FS wants to stay I guess I'll hopefully get over it. I really don't want him fired if he wanted to stay. :-/
Edited by supercool74, Jun 18 2013, 04:49 AM.

sillibella
Member Avatar

supercool74
Jun 18 2013, 04:48 AM
sillibella
Jun 18 2013, 12:40 AM
supercool74
Well I don't want him to be fired. :ermm: I was just kind of hoping he'd leave on his own. I'm selfish. I just hate seeing my favorite couples split up is all. Jack and Jennifer. Steve and Kayla. I just hate it. I like happy endings. I can't see anyone taking CM's place and so that means that if FS stays the couple breaks up or Will dies....or someone else takes over the role and that may suck, and really I just don't want to see Sonny with anyone besides Will, and no one else will be Will for me. But if FS wants to stay I guess I'll hopefully get over it. I really don't want him fired if he wanted to stay. :-/
I get what you're saying but this year Days is finally starting flesh Sonny out just a bit more and I'm seeing him as being more than just half of Wilson. Also, being the son of Justin and Adrienne gives him the potential for so much more story beyond Will. The Kiriakis family should be a very important part of the show. I enjoy Wilson very much but couples do come and go, or they are recast. That's just the soap world for you.

Anybody who is even remotely paying attention to Freddie knows just how serious he takes playing the character of Sonny and how important the character is to him. Wally even talked about that in an interview last week and added that Freddie is very protective of Sonny and Wilson. I know that Freddie has a project going on the side but it's pretty clear how much he enjoys playing the character of Sonny. I'd like to think that he would want to stay on at least until the end of his contract and I hope that Days would like that as well.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i prefer FS to CM. i think he's a better actor. while i like CM, i'm fine with a recast. well, so long as they don't Kyle Brandt or Beemer him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply