Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emmy Reception and Red Carpet Interviews
Topic Started: Jun 14 2013, 04:24 PM (7,006 Views)
stormymac
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 18 2013, 06:48 AM
i prefer FS to CM. i think he's a better actor. while i like CM, i'm fine with a recast. well, so long as they don't Kyle Brandt or Beemer him.
This is probably an unpopular opinion but, at this point, I feel like Freddie is doing all the heavy lifting but Chandler is getting all the accolades. I understand the praise of CM at the start of the story. He was great during Will's coming out and FS was nothing but his gay Yoda under Mardar. Since the writer change though, Freddie has really come in to his own (which is why I dread the thought of the writers changing again) but is still overshadowed by Chandler. I admit it is really starting to irritate me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 17 2013, 03:11 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jun 17 2013, 02:36 PM
The closest the current cast has had to Best Show wins are the ones they won in the 80's and 90's at the SOD Awards...DAYS pretty much won Best Show every year it seemed in the 80's and 90's....it probably is a big reason why they got so much backlash at the Emmy's...the rest of daytime was sick of seeing them win at SODA's.
I bet you're right but I think that's BS. So Days has consistently won popularity contests with the fans, that's no reason to shun them from industry voted awards.
They're called actor's egos, and those are weird. We don't really know why, but that has been my theory for years.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jun 17 2013, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure that the shows hold the SOD domination against Days. I'm sure some individuals do, like Melody Thomas Scott lol. My theory has always been that GH and Y&R take the Emmys so much more seriously than Days. They specifically plan episodes and scenes and stories for certain actors as Emmy bait. Days just really doesn't do Emmy bait. Even when the show is bad and someone gets nominated it still happens organically.

Also Days hasn't had a partner to block vote with for years now. Most of the voting panel is from Y&R, I believe. B&B and Y&R definitely vote together. Every single time. Every year. And you see the results. I feel like people from Days and the dead shows may play favorites, but if they see a reel that they love they vote for it, whether the person be from B&B, Y&R, OLTL, GH, Guiding Light, ATWT, AMC, whatever it may be. I've said for years they need to get the soap press involved in the voting to steer it away from so much bias. Roger Newcomb, Michael Logan, Jamey Giddens, Carolyn Hinsey. People like that should have votes too. This show will NEVER be fair.
I think her hatred is more towards Deidre Hall than the show itself ;) Oh feud, I kind of love thee.

That's very true about taking it seriously. I mean, GH gives Tony Geary a certain amount of Emmy bait a year, yet you don't see them doing that for Peter Reckell or even Drake Hogestyn (who have been DAYS' leading men the longest for the same period). Nor do they do it for Deidre or Kristian.

The Emmys have never been fair, why start now? ;)

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

If Chandler does leave Days it will be a loss for the show, but I applaud his maturity in wanting a college degree. And there have been many successful recasts in the past---hell even Drake was very popular as Roman in the 1980's. It will (no pun intended) be a challenging recast, no doubt. It's always hard to recast when the previous actor is very talented. For instance I am still having to adjust to the new Lulu on GH now that Julie Marie Berman is gone. It is doable, though. Greg Vaughn was popular on GH as Lucky and Jonathan Jackson was and is enormously talented.

Ireland98

While I don't doubt that CM wants a degree at some point, I don't believe that is his main reason for leaving. His passion is acting and I'm sure he wants a chance to explore other opportunities. CM is young, has two Emmys, well deserved acting praises, and should at least try to see if he can do other TV shows, movies, or theatre. He also has his band with Casey, which even though it's not mainstream music, they could do well within the market for their genre.

It's like when Steve Burton said he left GH to spend time with family, but then went to YR. I think CM is using the college degree excuse so that fans will be more understanding and not upset. Could be a negotiating tactic as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if he really wants to leave. Of course I wish CM would stay!!! It will be a big loss for sure when/if he leaves. I am glad that we had CM to perform all challenging material that he has been given. Many people complained about the writing for Will throughout the WABI baby story and I'd be surprised if he was happy with it. He did a great job with what he was given though.

I don't mind a recast but I'd rather it not happen right away. Maybe have a new love interest for Sonny for awhile and then bring in a Will recast.
At least we still have another 8-9 months before CM's material stops airing.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

blueskies
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 18 2013, 10:51 PM

yes, yes Greg Meng, a longer extended break PLEASE!

Also, nice interview :) he seems like he's a great person.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

He mentioned 'next year' taking a longer break....Uhm...Greg....you can take the ENTIRE JULY AND AUGUST OFF THIS YEAR and still be about 2 months ahead....really....do it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Can someone give a summary of what GM said in that interview?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

God I love Greg Meng! I said this yesterday in the Twitter thread, but this was even better. I really hope he's right about the extended break. Even if they pull it to 2.5 months or around that mark I would be thrilled. This is just ridiculous. Ideally 6 weeks ahead would be perfect but that would just be a huge break and probably suck massively for the cast and crew. I don't think they need a massive break, just make each break longer. Whatever they do, just fix this issue!

OH and Queen Chrishell cannot get here soon enough. I cannot wait. She is amazing in every way.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 19 2013, 10:12 AM
Their current team of writers/etc know the cast and daytime greatly and know not just the characters, but the actors strengths.

They're taping so far ahead because of financial reasons. No one gets paid on dark weeks and he thinks they are too far ahead so next year when they break he wants to take a longer break to take a pause and catch up.

Asked about the most recent renewal he said he was thrilled about about it and NBC has been a great support and they feel like family. Names Bruce, Rebecca, etc.

Most exciting shows are yet to come, he's viewed all of them.

Asked about actors coming and going. He said the characters are still existing even when they aren't on the show. He said its a revolving door just like a real family.

Asked about Sheri Anderson's novels and if they will continue. He says no, but there's a book coming out in September about better living that you can look for on Amazon. He said there's going to be a 5 day book launch.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Jun 19 2013, 12:07 PM.

WillFan
Member Avatar

MIchael Fairman @MichaelFairman
Chandler Massey Interview Days of our Lives 40th Annual Daytime Emmys Winners/Pressroom: [...] http://t.co/PhEztcOGsN

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DiMeraFan67
Jun 19 2013, 12:07 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jun 19 2013, 10:12 AM
Their current team of writers/etc know the cast and daytime greatly and know not just the characters, but the actors strengths.

They're taping so far ahead because of financial reasons. No one gets paid on dark weeks and he thinks they are too far ahead so next year when they break he wants to take a longer break to take a pause and catch up.

Asked about the most recent renewal he said he was thrilled about about it and NBC has been a great support and they feel like family. Names Bruce, Rebecca, etc.

Most exciting shows are yet to come, he's viewed all of them.

Asked about actors coming and going. He said the characters are still existing even when they aren't on the show. He said its a revolving door just like a real family.

Asked about Sheri Anderson's novels and if they will continue. He says no, but there's a book coming out in September about better living that you can look for on Amazon. He said there's going to be a 5 day book launch.
Thanks for the summary.

That is great to know that they realize they are so far ahead and are going to take a longer break soon.

I don't like the whole "characters exist, even though they are not on the show"....that to me = the shit we are seeing now with Bo.

The whole "limbo" thing if hurting the show IMO...and I don't want to see MORE of that.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Lauren Koslow interview:
http://blog.soapoperafan.com/2013/06/40th-daytime-emmy-interview-lauren-koslow/

Camila Banus interview:
http://blog.soapoperafan.com/2013/06/40th-daytime-emmy-red-carpet-interview-camila-banus/

Casey Moss interview:
http://blog.soapoperafan.com/2013/06/40th-daytime-emmy-red-carpet-interview-casey-moss/

jam6242
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 19 2013, 04:28 PM
Casey Moss is so cute. I'm sure if I were much, much, much younger I would have a huge crush on him.

lysie
Member Avatar

The current writers DO NOT know the actors' strength. That is laughable.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 19 2013, 06:18 PM
Well they have GG in a coma so that's some evidence they do.

Ellie

tomsawyer
Jun 19 2013, 06:38 PM
lysie
LOL - but actually I agree with TomSawyer (and Greg) - I think they do. Everyone's been enjoying Marlena as strong and feisty, which Deidre plays extremely well. JS is in business/lawyer mode, which imo works well for him. Judi E has been getting praise as a strong motherly type. Sonny will get to interact with the baby, which I think Freddie does well. These writers certainly have weaknesses, but this isn't one of them.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 19 2013, 06:38 PM
lysie
Plus, they are using EM as beefcake by keeping him on screen in either tight shirts or with no shirt at all. I'd say they know him pretty well, also

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply