Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chrishell Stause Interview SON
Topic Started: Jun 15 2013, 05:52 PM (3,185 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/06/chrishell-stause-dishes-on-her-days-debut#more-26468

Since the news broke that former “All My Children” star Chrishell Stause (ex-Amanda Dillon) had joined “Days of our Lives,” information about her new gig has been sparse. Until now! Soap Opera Network recently chatted with the actress, and she was able to reveal a few new details regarding her latest alter ego!

The first bit of news the Kentucky native shared was that her first airdate will be in mid-August. “I’m super excited,” she raves, adding that though she’s nearly ready to burst with excitement and would like to blab everything about the role, she’s under strict orders to keep mum. “I’ve been told I can say that my character has some secrets, which I think is great. And she’s very opposite from [“AMC’s”] Amanda, which is fun, because it’s something I’ve never played before.”

As for who her alter ego might be, Stause could only give one hint: “I’ve been working a lot with Galen Gering [Rafe Hernandez] and Lauren Koslow [Kate DiMera]” she teases. “They’re really cool.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Proof positive that Galen's a drama queen.

AFaithL

nickyj12345
Jun 15 2013, 06:02 PM
Sounds like it. He was trolling.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I really wonder if she's Cassie. So far it looks like neither her or Jen Lilley are playing any characters related to the canvas. At least not obviously, unless one of them are keeping that secret. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing Lauren Koslow and Chrishell butt heads. Meh to the Galen thing, but whatever! Can't wait for this debut.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Also I think its pretty dumb that Days isn't sending out press releases or stories to SOD or someone about new castings. I mean Jen Lilley debuts sometime this coming week and they haven't officially said a word about her, have they? Of course the actors do a pretty good job of promoting things for themselves, but it couldn't hurt to send something out about it.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I love that her character is coming into town with secrets and that Chrishell seems excited to be playing this role. I'm also ready to see Rafe get involved with someone new, so I look forward to seeing their chemistry together.

The only disappointing snag is apparently the writers want to begin it all with Kate involved also. I'd have like to see a relationship have legs before the oh-so-typical triangle angle. Still it will be nice to have a new couple to watch.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Cannot wait!

camera shy

I wonder if she'll play Rafe's former fiancee Emily? Now that would be interesting......Rafe with the woman he loved before Sami.
Edited by camera shy, Jun 15 2013, 06:47 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Reminds me, did anyone else see pages 46-47 of SOD? Pics of Galen from Passions. Flove them! :)

Here's 1, mods please delete is this is not allowed and a pre-emptive sorry if it's not.

Some of the others are him as Rhett Butler, the King of Hearts, Tarzan, and Mark Antony (I sooo loved this "past life").

Posted Image
Edited by blueskies, Jun 15 2013, 07:00 PM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

AFaithL
Jun 15 2013, 06:05 PM
nickyj12345
Can someone fill me in on his actions?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Jun 15 2013, 07:09 PM
AFaithL
Jun 15 2013, 06:05 PM
nickyj12345
Can someone fill me in on his actions?
He's been sending little tweets about how he's bored with Rafe being in a coma. Also his wife has been tweeting about it and she tweeted out the phone number to call for Days and said people needed to call for Galen. Then he tweeted something about how it doesn't look like he's going to get a storyline anytime soon so he needs to start looking for a new gig.

I think he was just trolling the whole time though because he was getting tweets from people who were happy that he wasn't working. He deleted the tweets, I guess after his fans were probably raging on Days for no reason, because he is actually working quite a bit.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

It never ceases to amaze me how truly nasty show business can be on all sides. That being said........interesting interview! Very intriguing to see how her character will be brought on canvas.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jun 15 2013, 08:18 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

If Galen had some extra motivation because his contract is up soon, I think he proved his point. There must have been a significant outcry over his tweets in order for him to delete it. Either that or he sealed his fate. I don't think he was ever not working steadily though. Aside from what we're seeing right now. He can stay in a coma until August, hopefully. But doubt he will.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DiMeraFan67
Jun 15 2013, 08:21 PM
If Galen had some extra motivation because his contract is up soon, I think he proved his point. There must have been a significant outcry over his tweets in order for him to delete it. Either that or he sealed his fate. I don't think he was ever not working steadily though. Aside from what we're seeing right now. He can stay in a coma until August, hopefully. But doubt he will.
Meh. There are others I'd prefer in a coma. But the backstage drama is ridiculous.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Plenty of others I would take in a coma too, but he was on my list anyway so I'm going to savor this while it lasts. Rafe has been far more tolerable lately, but I was seeing signs of the Rafe that I hate anyway so this could be a good thing.

Carly
Member Avatar

I'll be curious to see what happens on screen in the next few weeks. Friday's episode began a new day in Salem, and this is the day the doctors are supposed to bring Rafe out of his coma. But there haven't been any spoilers to indicate that Rafe actually does wake up. So, maybe there will be some medical complication, and Rafe will remain unconscious until mid-August when Chrishell's character debuts on screen.

As I think about it, I realize that DAYS has really clamped down on spoilers! It seems like a lot of the major spoilers have come from things that the actors tweeted -- and then deleted! -- rather than official spoilers from DAYS. In some ways, it's nice not to know everything ahead of time. On the other hand, I really want to know everything ahead of time! ;)

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Why do I think it mean crazy Kate on rafe like they did with Daniel

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I just hope her secrets are more interesting than the "skeletons" in Cam's closet.

What the hell was the point of him carrying a gun and being threatened by a thug if he could just drop the stripping job he needed to pay off the dangerous people he borrowed money from to pay his schooling and his mother's debts... and less than nothing happens?

Dee-anne

TreasureCove
Jun 16 2013, 12:29 AM
I just hope her secrets are more interesting than the "skeletons" in Cam's closet.

What the hell was the point of him carrying a gun and being threatened by a thug if he could just drop the stripping job he needed to pay off the dangerous people he borrowed money from to pay his schooling and his mother's debts... and less than nothing happens?
Exactly! and the actor was making it sound as if it was going to be great stuff, and was all excited about his story. It's been a dud so far.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Carly
Jun 15 2013, 08:48 PM
As I think about it, I realize that DAYS has really clamped down on spoilers! It seems like a lot of the major spoilers have come from things that the actors tweeted -- and then deleted! -- rather than official spoilers from DAYS. In some ways, it's nice not to know everything ahead of time. On the other hand, I really want to know everything ahead of time! ;)
And the spoilers they do reveal are so vague a lot of the time, they could mean a lot of things. Spoilers like "Kate has a disagreement with Sami" really tells one nothing. I agree it makes watching more exciting, but sometimes I like knowing too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply