Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards; Live Viewing Thread
Topic Started: Jun 16 2013, 11:07 AM (25,693 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

The Daytime Emmy Awards air tonight on HLN at 8:00 PM/ET.

Discuss here!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

GO Y&R. Bring home the awards!

james0479
Member Avatar

Days was hit and miss during this "year" where they could win or lose certain awards but man they've been on fire for months now. If Days doesn't get respect at this years Emmys, I'll bet my sack they get some next year. But anyway, very excited for the show tonight. Go Chandler or Freddie! GO ARI!!!!!!
Edited by james0479, Jun 16 2013, 11:55 AM.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I am pumped! I just hope they use clips from the actual shows this year!

LovingDays

arianne zucker & chandler Massey deserve to winnnnnn

T-Love74
Member Avatar

I've got my fingers crossed for Peggy McCay to be the upset victory!!!!!!!!! C'MON PEGGY!!!

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

GO ARI ZUCKER!

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Not going to be able to watch much due to Father's Day stuff but am totally pulling for Jason Thompson and Ari Zucker.

Nate
Member Avatar

LIVE FEED:
http://tvfeeds.net/live/hln

concerned
Member Avatar

Presenters and categories.

Lindsay Hartley (Outstanding Young Actor In A Drama Series)

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Go DAYS, take some awards home!

Hugo
Member Avatar

I was wondering if the presenters can sometimes give you a hint of the winner of the category.
Like Don Diamont presenting the supporting actor category, does that mean Scott Clifton is more likely to win ? or actually less likely to win because that would be what people expect?

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jun 16 2013, 03:19 PM
Not going to be able to watch much due to Father's Day stuff but am totally pulling for Jason Thompson and Ari Zucker.
Exact same here. Really the categories I care about. A part of me kind of does want Katherine Kelly Lang to win because it IS so overdue (she's on the short list of people who have been effed over by the Emmy voters).

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Hugo
Jun 16 2013, 05:03 PM
I was wondering if the presenters can sometimes give you a hint of the winner of the category.
Like Don Diamont presenting the supporting actor category, does that mean Scott Clifton is more likely to win ? or actually less likely to win because that would be what people expect?

Not really. Last year, Kristian Alfonso presented Younger Actress to that hack Christel Khalil from Y&R. The nominees included two actresses from DAYS.

Will&Sonny

My predictions, just for the record (not that anyone really cares):

Drama series: B&B (will win); OLTL or Days (should win); a tie would not be surprising

Lead actor: Doug Davidson (will win; should win)

Lead actress: Peggy McCay (will win; should win); a tie would not be surprising

Supporting actor: Scott Clifton (will win; should win)

Supporting actress: Arianne Zucker (will win; should win); a tie would not be surprising (although I think that Arianne's reel is clearly the best one here)

Younger actor: Chandler Massey (will win; should win)

Younger actress: Kristen Alderson (will win); Hunter Haley King (should win)

Directing: Days (will win; should win)

Writing: B&B (will win); OLTL (should win)

I've seen all of the reels, so my opinions are based on what was actually submitted. I'm giving a lot of support to Days this year, despite the fact that they usually don't get a lot of Emmy love, and that could be a mistake (although I think everyone will agree that if Chandler, at the very least, doesn't win, something is terribly wrong), but I genuinely think that those three actors all have a very good shot of winning this year. I wouldn't have picked them otherwise.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Any guesses for the big WTF Moment will be this year? My guesses either Lindsey Morgan or Bryton stealing the Youngers. Its usually the Younger categories that something crazy happens. Days isn't up for Writing. Maybe Y&R winning Best Writing would be a WTF Moment.

Will&Sonny

DiMeraFan67
Jun 16 2013, 06:12 PM
Any guesses for the big WTF Moment will be this year? My guesses either Lindsey Morgan or Bryton stealing the Youngers. Its usually the Younger categories that something crazy happens. Days isn't up for Writing. Maybe Y&R winning Best Writing would be a WTF Moment.
If Peggy McCay wins, I think that many people will (wrongly) consider that to be a "WTF?!" moment. However, I think that she has a very good chance of winning -- not just because her reel is actually quite good, but also because I suspect that the B&B actresses might split the vote between them and allow a dark horse to take the win.

If anyone other than Chandler wins in his category, that will not only be the biggest "WTF?!" moment of this year, but also the biggest "WTF?!" moment in recent memory, period. I highly doubt that will happen, though. Despite my obvious bias, I'm not exaggerating when I say that such an upset would throw the credibility of the entire night into question. His reel wasn't just the best in his category -- it blew some of the reels in other categories out of the water, too.

Not Amused
Member Avatar

Rooting for Ari, Chandler and Freddie. :cheer:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Carmi

I've been out of the soap loop for quite some time now, but I definitely think Ari should/will win. What was JMW reel?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jun 16 2013, 06:17 PM
DiMeraFan67
Jun 16 2013, 06:12 PM
If Peggy McCay wins, I think that many people will (wrongly) consider that to be a "WTF?!" moment. However, I think that she has a very good chance of winning -- not just because her reel is actually quite good, but also because I suspect that the B&B actresses might split the vote between them and allow a dark horse to take the win.

If anyone other than Chandler wins in his category, that will not only be the biggest "WTF?!" moment of this year, but also the biggest "WTF?!" moment in recent memory, period. I highly doubt that will happen, though. Despite my obvious bias, I'm not exaggerating when I say that such an upset would throw the credibility of the entire night into question. His reel wasn't just the best in his category -- it blew some of the reels in other categories out of the water, too.
I agree with what you said. Of course Lexi Ainsworth had a real better than every Younger Actress nominee and some Lead and Supportings the year Brittany Allen one. That's why its a WTF Moment. LOL. There's one every year. I do think Chandler is safe though.

I agree people would probably be in shock if Peggy won, but she deserves it!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply